SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Person wants to claim for damaged goods sent via DHL......

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Phisher Price
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This person brought some stuff off me through eBay and they happened to get damaged in transit, it seems like DHL has dropped the package and the person mailed me and said that they want my invoice so they can start a claim, is this correct?

Nurse Nastys Audi TT

Join the most elite club in town and find a business partner: http://www.emillions.net.tc - spread the word Wink
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If everything went over email, check on it. Ask buyer for name and phone and fax number of the agent at DHL so you can fax it to him, you have no scanner Wink

419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I spoke to DHL and they don't want none of it as it was done through another courier, that courier then sent the parcel through DHL. Rolling Eyes

Nurse Nastys Audi TT

Join the most elite club in town and find a business partner: http://www.emillions.net.tc - spread the word Wink
Klaasvaak
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Phisher Price wrote:
This person brought some stuff off me through eBay and they happened to get damaged in transit, it seems like DHL has dropped the package and the person mailed me and said that they want my invoice so they can start a claim, is this correct?

Personally I don't see a reason why you can not sent a copy of the invoice to your customer.

Edit: But if he bought through ebay he already has an invoice?

bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Then tell buyer to claim with other firm and leave it there.
STOP! That's the firm you chose to send it? Maybe correct action then to check that firm and send info to buyer. If they are not insured (seems impossible to me) they're still the responsible party here, DHL is their subcontractor and their problem, buyer/seller only have to deal with original firm.

419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I didn't arrange shipping, the buyer did. I don't see why I have to send my invoice to the buyer if he wants to claim, surly if he was the one that paid for pickup then he needs to show his invoice and not have me send mine.

Just seemed a little fishy.

Nurse Nastys Audi TT

bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Right, or he is not too smart, so drop it. Better waste time with real lads Laughing

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, this seems like a RL problem for the OP.

If you sell something, it is YOUR responsiblity to make sure the goods get to the customer in working order. Hopefully you got insurance for the item before it shipped. Assuming that you did, YOU should file a claim for damage.

Having sold some on EBAY, you can also request a couple of things from the buyer.

1. If the item is expensive, or bulky, ask for a photo of the damage. If they are unable or unwilling to cooperate, give them a call.

2. Ask them to have the shipper come back out, and look at the item, AND the packaging. If they have "thrown it out" then it will be more difficult.

3. Even if you have insurance on your items, count on the shipper to deny your claim initially. Request that they re-examine the claim after the initial denial. They are hoping you will just go away. If they do decide to pay, it may take up to 90 days to get the item.

4. How did your customer pay? If by PayPal, you are SCREWED. Your customer will get their money back, and chances are, you will never get your item back. Especially if they paid with a CC through PP.

Go here to talk to some EBAY sellers/buyers about your situation. They are more apt to help you out. Here is the site:

http://forums.ebay.com/db1/forum.jspa?forumID=96

As for the invoice, they are not wrong. Many times the claim is paid based on invoice cost not purchased cost. This is to eliminate fraudulent claims. IE ( I bought a $1.00 pair of socks for $500, and now they are ruined. I want my $500 type of claims).

Good luck and PM me if you need more help.

"you are the must fool i have ever seen fuck you like the 12.5 million idoit dont write me again" Radebe Gumede 7-16-09 after his bank transfer failed.

"Sorry we do not know Mr. Gomer. Send that email fromthe so called gomer to us for scrutiny."- Devati Mooleedhar

SON OF A DOG GO EAT SHIT AND DRINK WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOSERRRRRRRRR.GET A LIFE--Bakar Saud (After Mr. Gomer chopped his dolla')

YOU ATE OUR MONEY AND YOU START MOCKING US--Bishop Anthony

Fake Checks Received= $63,487 US
Phisher Price
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tastysnack wrote:

If you sell something, it is YOUR responsiblity to make sure the goods get to the customer in working order. Hopefully you got insurance for the item before it shipped. Assuming that you did, YOU should file a claim for damage.

I think your mistaken slightly because as soon as that item leaves my door and gets put on the van it is no longer my problem, that's why it's up to the buyer to take out postal insurance because if it gets broke in transit, who compensates you? It's the postal service or courier that pays you, not me. Not only that, it is almost impossible for anyone to guarantee the safety of your shipment, if it's taken from your hands it is out of your control.

Also, the person who brought the item arranged for their own courier, I had nothing to do with the sending apart from giving it to the van driver. Not only that but, you have to tell your credit card company why you want them to take the money back, "because it was broken in transit" (which is clearly what happened in the buyers case), I doubt the CC company will do a charge back in this case. It would be different if it left my door and the item was already broken. I would also be able to dispute the charge back.

Nurse Nastys Audi TT

Tastysnack
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Phisher Price wrote:
Tastysnack wrote:

I think your mistaken slightly because as soon as that item leaves my door and gets put on the van it is no longer my problem, that's why it's up to the buyer to take out postal insurance because if it gets broke in transit, who compensates you? It's the postal service or courier that pays you, not me. Not only that, it is almost impossible for anyone to guarantee the safety of your shipment, if it's taken from your hands it is out of your control.

Also, the person who brought the item arranged for their own courier, I had nothing to do with the sending apart from giving it to the van driver. Not only that but, you have to tell your credit card company why you want them to take the money back, "because it was broken in transit" (which is clearly what happened in the buyers case), I doubt the CC company will do a charge back in this case. It would be different if it left my door and the item was already broken. I would also be able to dispute the charge back.

Well, I don't make up the rules. I don't really feel like getting into a tit-for-tat argument about shipping policy, PayPal, and CC chargebacks here on a 419 board.

I've Ebay'd for years, and had my share of issues. Shipping insurance is for the SELLERS protection. If it arrives broken,damaged, or lost, it is NOT THE BUYERS FAULT. Otherwise there would be no discouragement for the seller to make sure the goods are good to go before shipping.

As far as CC chargebacks and PayPal go, suffice it to say, if you used PayPal, and the buyer complains of a broken shipment...your f*cked, as the saying goes. You don't need to belive me, check out the link that I gave you. Here is another one for you to read up on:

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/forum.jspa?forumID=97

Its not 800 pages long because people love PayPal either... Shocked

BTW, if they (customer) disputes the charge, you don't get a chance to "dispute" if they have used PayPal. You get to watch as PayPal takes your money no questions asked. And, the CC WILL do a chargeback if they customer says, the package arrive damaged, and the seller will not resolve the situation. Think about this...when you order something from Amazon, or BestBuy, or Meijer online, there isn't a spot on the checkout counter for "insurance". Why? Because it is assumed that the item will arrive as stated in the site (IE working, undamaged). If it comes broken, you call them, and they resolve it. You as the customer are not left running around contacting UPS, filing claims, and awaiting payment. The MERCHANT handles those details. Again, 'insurance" is for the SELLER. Not the buyer.

Either way, you asked for advise on Ebay, and a damaged shipment. I told you what you need to do, so take it or leave it. I've done a lot more on Ebay than here, but use the links I gave you. It'll make you understand that you are not the first person to be confused on "insurance" and responsiblity of getting goods to one party (customer).

Just because you don't think its right, doesn't make it so.

I hope you can work it out.

"you are the must fool i have ever seen fuck you like the 12.5 million idoit dont write me again" Radebe Gumede 7-16-09 after his bank transfer failed.

"Sorry we do not know Mr. Gomer. Send that email fromthe so called gomer to us for scrutiny."- Devati Mooleedhar

SON OF A DOG GO EAT SHIT AND DRINK WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOSERRRRRRRRR.GET A LIFE--Bakar Saud (After Mr. Gomer chopped his dolla')

YOU ATE OUR MONEY AND YOU START MOCKING US--Bishop Anthony

Fake Checks Received= $63,487 US
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic