SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Credit Crunch

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
where does all the lost money go

There is no money to begin with, all speculations and high prices cause the stock does/did so well.
One trick used I posted here as a "joke" Stock market for dummies
I have a better, more technical, closer to reality one as a pps file, but nowhere to upload those online?

Last edited by bill2 on Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

packman wrote:
EDIT for many typos.

I thought you worked for Merriam-Webster. Very Happy

Elite Baiter

Location: In his own little world but it's ok, they know him there.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

<--Slaps Pastor Frank with a dead trout. Laughing

The receipt you send is totally invisible ok-Kelly

FUCK YOU SMALL BOI YOU ARE POOR IN HEAD AND SOUL
AND GOD WILL PUNISH YOU FOR SCAMMING HOUNST MEN LIKE ME.. Segun Akintemi
Click here to support 419Eater.com
pony <-- I got a pony WAHOO Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x3
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The "money" is basically just what a stock is valued. So, it's not like the money disappears. It's like having a car. Let's say a Honda Accord is worth $10k. Then, tomorrow, someone says, "No more Accords are going to be made." Then, the Accords might go up in value. Nothing has changed about that car. Still the same car. Just worth more. Then, if Honda says, we are doubling our production, the value goes down. Again, not because the car is different. But because the perceived value of what one Honda Accord is worth.

Make sense SP?

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Our financial system is sick ever since the national banks decided to print money without gold reserves backing it's value. Gold seems to be the only steady value .. god knows why, they're only metal lumps .. but ok ..

After that things got worse by make beliefs and hypes .. overvalued stocks, much more lended out money by banks than savings from other customers in the banks .. printing more and more currency bills, resulting in inflation and occasional stock exchange crashes .. It's a weird system, but will probably blow over in a couple of years .. I hope .. if the financial institutes are supervised a bit more solidly ...

SpainNigeriaNetherlandsCanadaSouth AfricaUnited KingdomAustraliaIvory CoastGhanaTogoUkraineIrelandHong KongFranceSenegalGermanyBeninTurks and CaicosIndonesiaPortugalBurkina FasoMalaysiacameroonJapanGambiaSierra LeoneKenya deadified fake websites) x 374
Mortar x11 Closed lad accountsx a couple Cellphone pony Easter Egg Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Golden Goat
Yes we can! (with a bit of help)
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm lucky. The mortgage is paid off and I work for myself in a trade that is always in demand. But I live quite a simple and frugal life style and don't run a car. I knew this was coming a good year or so ago through my work which has proved an eerily good indicator of (over) spending habits and confidence in the economy in general. This is the third downturn of the economic wheel I've seen during my working life and it's going to be bad I'm afraid.
I restore furniture, mostly for the trade but some private customers too, and the rubbish that was coming through my door the last three or four years to be tarted up was amazing. Even more incredible were the high prices they paid for it. And they were paying too much with borrowed money that didn't even exist. Crazy. Now the quality stuff is coming back in force as money will go there for genuine longterm security.

I've never trusted city speculators or the stock market. I won't give a complete stranger my hard earned, so he can skip off down to the bookies to play with. I have my small nest egg in national savings. The returns are low, but if the day ever comes when you can't get hold of your money from the government it won't be much use to you anyway.

I expect banking and investing will change out of all recognition after the dust has settled from this monumental mess.

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Lucky for us the mortgage is paid off but the super (pension/401K/etc) has taken a bath. Basically nearly all the gains made over the last 5 years are gone but - so far - the original lump sum investment is still just about OK. We are just circling the financial wagons, have cancelled what would have been an expensive overseas trip early next year, I won't be replacing my old rattler of a car, and we are generally being frugal which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

We are looking to retire in about 10yrs time and by then some calm, sanity should have returned. Markets always bounce back - eventually. I feel very sorry for those people who were planning to retire in the next year or so and know a couple of guys who will now continue working instead but while the short term view is pretty bleak, the mid to long term prognosis is that things will get better. I just keep repeating that to myself. We are also lucky to live in Australia where the crash happened too but our underlying economy is still relatively robust and well regulated, including the financial institutions and banks.

And the people who are in DEEP crapola are those who listened to "advisers" who told them to borrow money to put into their pension scheme because the market was booming.

Meanwhile I hear that Warren Buffet is on a buying spree...

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
Kacky
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

One of my hobbies is geocaching, which can use a lot of gas. So I'm going out with groups more, even though I enjoy hunting alone. And I try to find groups of caches so I can feel like I'm getting my money's worth.

Also I have a 24-year-old son with autism who comes home to visit one weekend a month. He really likes to ride in the car so I save all my big errands and volunteer delivery work for that weekend, and we can easily put on 200 miles in 3 days. So I am trying to cut him back a little bit because we just can't afford that much gas at these prices. Lately, and this might sound stupid unless you have a quirky person in your household - we go to the nearest large mall, one mile all around the inside, and I push him in a wheelchair while I walk 5 times around. Ma gets exercise, Junior gets a free ride, and we save 75 miles on the car.

I expect other effects to trickle down at some point. Voiceovers, my chosen field, is heavily dependent on advertising, which is one of the first things that companies cut when they're not making money. And of course, having a family member in a residential care situation, budget cuts could put him out at any time. Then it would be very hard for me to work because he is a high maintenance guy. The workshop where he and his friends build birdhouses might see orders decline because who can afford a $60.00 birdhouse if they're unemployed?

For my honey, he's a tenured professor so it'll be business as usual, except parents may get even more crotchety if they think their little darling is not getting a good enough grade for the dollars invested. We've lived together for 9 years but I do not think that he would be able to handle having my son here full time, so my housing situation would change a lot for the worse if budget cuts forced the group home to close.
iMike
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Kacky wrote:
One of my hobbies is geocaching, which can use a lot of gas. So I'm going out with groups more, even though I enjoy hunting alone. And I try to find groups of caches so I can feel like I'm getting my money's worth.

HomerJFong wrote:
iMike wrote:
Geocaching

Alright! Another one who uses multi-billion dollar satellites to hunt Tupperware containers in the woods.

Very Happy Very Happy

Taken from a previous 'What other hobbies do you have' topic.

I'm lucky - there's a lot of good walking country near where I live, & loads of caches. Don't use much diesel (gas?), just lots of boot leather.

here's a view from one of my favourite cache sites.

Closed lad accounts x2

"you have luke worm in your brain" - Ekaetta Bello
"invite me to your country and let me clearify your legitimacy asshole" - Mose5 Uzem3
"the transfer was not authorized due to my persistent double mind" - Clement Wank
"this is not the time to play planks" - Mack Anthony

WIFI PDA - post while you dump
SAY 'NO' TO GAS STORAGE!

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[FREE LAPHROAIG]</a>
Kacky
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

WOW, that's why we do it, right there. Well that and having a secret. I even love the lampposts & guardrails because it's something that's right there with everyone passing by and they don't even know it. Twisted Evil

Back on topic - when I met Steve, I was walking up to 10 miles a day but I had no other life. Now I just don't want to put that kind of time in, so I use more gas now than I did then - but he still walks 6 miles round trip to work. It's an Asperger thing. Money wise, we spend a little more on food than your average Mainer because we try to always eat whole food and fresh things. We do the garden co-op thing which is not the cheapest way to get your veggies. We also try to buy American whenever we shop for clothing or household stuff - also more expensive and very tempting to relax those standards when money gets tight. So I hope it doesn't come to that. We already shop more but own less just from trying to find USA-made. There is room to own even a little less than we do.
CowboyBuck
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ironically, my retirement pension started in September.

United States United Nations
Ireland United Kingdom Switzerland Germany Netherlands France Italy Spain Ukraine
South Africa Nigeria Ghana Australia Japan China Malaysia
Argentina Columbia Panama
Right now I am getting pissed with your responses
And still you later claimed there are snakes on the road to the Western Union
Please for the sake of humanity help Mr. Felix and I to get this money
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^Congrats! Very Happy

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Chibuike
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My co-worker told me today that their minister told them in Church that on Tuesday, October 14th there will be a glich in the computer communication of banks and that the banks will shut down for 2 to 4 days. Why are people preaching doom and gloom? I would think a minister would realize they shouldn't create a panic among their congregation.

Has anyone else heard this?

pony pony pony <--I got ponies! Wahhooo!
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well "October 14" happens here a day and a half before it happens in the US so I'll let you know. So far (6.45pm Oct 13) the Australian stock exchange is a sea of green and has bounced back some 6% from Friday's close. Go figure.

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
Goldry Bluszco
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the book tip, and the words of consolation... Not so bad yet, although the wife may be made redundant today. Time to sell one of the cars Laughing

pony
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Now might be a good time to read The Grapes of Wrath again.

Next year the endowment policy was supposed to pay out a wopping terminal bonus at the end, to pay off our mortgage after putting money in for 25 years.

The money is all investested in 'safe' shares, like, er, banks......

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Aussie Govt has guaranteed ALL bank deposits for the next 3 years which has certainly calmed a few nerves, hence the market mini recovery - although there's still a long way to go. Without getting political, have any other Govts taken similar steps?

Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

There's a hoax email in circulation referring to a possible 1 week shutdown on the US banking system. Something that would only make the banking crisis worse of course.
www.snopes.com/politics/business/bankholiday.asp

Phishers are exploiting the present situation too.
www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/alerts/alt089.shtm

NOW AMBACK FOR YOU AGAIN STURBORN SHIT
you dont have a phone.that makes makes you joe butt

Fuck you and go find something to do man. Stop disturbing me please.

This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.

i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me

we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have nothing to fear after this reassuring email from Barclays Bank:

Quote:
Due to collapse of financial markets, Barclays Bank PLC, Treasury, Bank of England and Financial Services authority launch a protection program to ensure the safety of your personal savings, loans, personal and business accounts. Barclays Bank PLC is fighting to ensure that non of our customer will suffer any damage on they personal accounts. Is imperative for all Barclays Bank PLC customers to take this protection program very seriously. This will be made in 2 easy steps, log-in in your Barclays Personal banking or Business Banking and follow the instruction. Please note that after you complete the steps you will be contacted by a Barclays Bank PLC representative in 24 hours. Thank you very much for your understanding into this matter and remember this is for personal safety.

Do not let the financial markets collapse affect your life in any way. Protect yourself by clicking the link below right now:

IP address [?]: 202.82.231.29 [Whois]
IP address country: Hong Kong
IP address state: n/a
IP address city: Central District
IP address latitude: 22.283300
IP address longitude: 114.150002
ISP of this IP [?]: PCCW Business Internet Access
Organization: The British Council

I have emailed the British Council and asked them why their Hong Kong branch is sending out phishing emails?

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
The Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Gnasher:

The US has increased the guarantee from $100K to $250K, but there are so many ways to increase that limit it is really an unlimited insurance.

If, for example, me and Mrs. The Man are both on the account we each get a separate $250K insurance so we are at $500K. If you then put money in a different bank you get the $250K insurance there too, and so on.

EDIT: and at just before noon New York Time our Dow is up over 500 points or about 5% or a bit more.

YOU ARE A CHILD OF SATAN WITH YOUR HUNGRY DIRTY BODY ,TUNDER FIRE YOU BIG HEAD IDIOT !!! HA HA HA HA HA

IS THIS HOW YOU DECIDED TO TREAT US AFTER ALL WE WENT THROUGH?YOU MADE US TRAVELLED TO ABUJA AND INDEBTED US.

"Cursed is your mother that gave birth to a family-disgrace like you. Cursed is your father he could not control his lust for anything under skate"

"hey u crakhead motherf*cking nitwit, from the way u express the cockamamy sh*t that ur dumb brain is made up of it's so obvious that u never really made it past elementary school but anywayz dogs don't have to go to school afterall."

Pith Helmet (Lagos to Abuja)
Netherlands China Canada x2 United Kingdom Spain Ivory Coast Germany

Hello Kitty! <---in lieu of a brownie. TS
Mortar x8
sunshine
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Turns out that because of the credit crunch as of this morning I now work for the British Government.

Wonder if I can claim those nice civil service perks?

I have explain this whole process to you so many times over and over again. - Spencer
Safari Praveen - Hanuman Junction - Hyderabad x2
Safari Bola - Accra - Cotonou Safari Alex - Accra - Abidjan Safari Austin - Accra - Abidjan
Safari George - Accra - Cotonou - Lome - Niamtougou Safari Toks London - Milford Haven
pony pony pony Mortar Closed lad accounts x170 Czech Republic Easter Egg 2011 Sand Timer Engineer Cooke vs. Temeraire x8
Ariyeo
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As an indirect result of the credit crunch, I have been thinking about joining my works pension scheme and was wondering if anyone could explain the difference/pro's and con's of the following:-

Cash Fund
Fixed Interest Fund
Index-Linked Gilt Fund
Consensus Fund
Ethical Fund
UK Equity Index Fund
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Scam Patroller wrote:
I don't understand any of this financial stuff at all, where does all the lost money go Confused

@SP, I came across this today, it is an interesting read.

Really long link

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Unaffected. I was always skint. My own small business began to fail a long time ago, just after I started it. However, it pisses me off mightily that vast, unimaginable sums can be snatched out of thin air to bail out people whose greed and mismanagement got them (and us) into this mess in the first place. I don't intend that as a political statement, but this is a discussion about how the crash has affected us, and that's how it's affected me.

"I am now completely twatted and shagged and will obey all your instructions to the fullest."-"Tosser" Oguguo

Golden Pith "Frankily speaking,I wouldn't want to travel to the far east again."-Edward Smith, Lagos-Singapore (14600 miles round trip via Dubai)

9x Safari 4 x Lagos-Accra , 3x Port Harcourt - Ibadan, 1x Lagos-Singapore, 1x Burkina-Bamako
Netherlands Nigeria Ghana South Africa
Sand Timer'Ed', 3 yrs 8 mnths Sand Timer'Oguguo',6 years and 4 months
sunshine
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

419/Credit Crunch joke currently doing the rounds...

An elderly lady receives an e-mail from the son of a deceased (but wealthy) African general, asking whether he could transfer millions of pounds into her bank account in return for a 20% cut. All the son needs is the sort code and account number. Not realising she is the victim of a Nigerian 419 fraud, she e-mails back the details. A couple of minutes later she receives an e-mail back from the general's son: 'Icesave?!' What is this, some sort of scam?"

I have explain this whole process to you so many times over and over again. - Spencer
Safari Praveen - Hanuman Junction - Hyderabad x2
Safari Bola - Accra - Cotonou Safari Alex - Accra - Abidjan Safari Austin - Accra - Abidjan
Safari George - Accra - Cotonou - Lome - Niamtougou Safari Toks London - Milford Haven
pony pony pony Mortar Closed lad accounts x170 Czech Republic Easter Egg 2011 Sand Timer Engineer Cooke vs. Temeraire x8
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic