SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Nigerian Renting a House on Craigs List

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
CaptPlanet
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So a friend of mine is looking for a new place to rent and came across this post on Craig's List.
http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/apa/815552875.html
I emailed them.
Quote:
I am writing you with regards to this house I see on Craig's list. I am start school this year at University of Cincinnatiand need space to live for 2 years. Thank you.

When you email the contact you get this message in reply.
Quote:
Hello Captain Planet,

Thanks for the email. I own the house and also want you to know that it was due to my transfer to Africa (Nigeria), that makes us to leave the house and also want to give it out for rent and looking for a responsible person that can take very good care of it as we are not after the money for the rent but want it to be clean all the time and the person that will rent it to take it as if it were its own. So for now, We are here in Africa and will be staying here for the next 6 years in our new house and also with the keys of the house for rent, we try to look for an agent that we can give this documents and the keys before we left but could not find, and we as well do not want our house to be used any how in our absence that is why we took it along with us. I and my wife came over to Africa for a missionary work, so i hope you will promise us that you will take very good care of the house. So get back to me on how you could take care of our house or perhaps experience you have in renting home. Hope you are okay with the price of $700 per month.

SO IF YOU ARE REALLY INTERESTED I WILL WANT YOU TO FILL THE RENT APPLICATION FORM BELOW. RENT APPLICATION FORM.
RENT APPLICATION FORM
Name: ________________________
State: _______
Telephone Number____________________
Present Address: __________ How Long? __________
Previous Address: __________ How Long? __________
How Old Are You:_________
Married: __________
Spouse's Name: __________
When Do You Intend Moving In_____________________
Children? __________ How Many? __________ Ages? __________
Pets? __________ What Kind? __________ How Many? __________

Looking forward to hear from you with all this details so that i can have it in my file incase of issuing the receipt for you and contacting you.Await your urgent reply so that we can discuss on how to get the document and the key to you,please we are giving you all this base on trust and again i will want you to stick to your words,you know that we do not see yet and only putting everything into Gods hand,so please do not let us down in this our property and God bless you more as you do this. Thanks and Remain Blessed.

Regards.
Dianne Buchanan

Wasn't really sure what to do next, till I heard a story on NPR about this site and decided to push this thing further. I replied.
Quote:
Sorry I have taken so long to reply. I am much interested in renting this house. I have been much busy lately. Is there way someone would meet me at the house to show me inside? Thank you.

I'll wait a little while for a reply. If nothing comes I'll get a temporary phone number and try to give these people a call. Any suggestions?
Donato
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Considering that you probably used a real email to reply(as opposed to one specifically set up for baiting with 110% fakey details) my advice is drop it and walk away. Ignore any replies-they are criminals and do have contacts around the world.

As for the post-report it to craigslist and get it deleted.

Then if you want-read the stickies (twice) learn how to bait safely etc and ask for a mentor. Pop down to surplus and grab your very own lad.

pony Closed lad accounts - lots

<i><b>Free Pastor Frank!!!</b></i>
CaptPlanet
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I definitely set up a new yahoo email as Captain Planet to respond to the post. Do I need to do more than that to keep safe?
Donato
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

yahoo doesn't strip your ip. gmail, fastmail and hushmail does.

to see how close to your doorstep your ip resolves to check this...
http://www.ip-adress.com/ipaddresstolocation/

pony Closed lad accounts - lots

<i><b>Free Pastor Frank!!!</b></i>
CaptPlanet
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

HOLY CRAP. Thanks man. I knew you could trace ips, but I didn't know it went that in depth. Feel like I dodged a bullet on that one.
sir scam alot
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mine comes up 15 miles away. No biggy to me. For me, worst case scenario is they find out I'm not in Miami. Laughing

Safari = Group safari - Dan Nkwerre: Port Harcourt to Abeche, Chad
Safari2 = Barr. Mustapha Marlick: Lome, Togo to Abuja Nigeria and Accra, Ghana.
pony Mortar x15 (some survived) Closed lad accounts x280 T.W.A.T Nurse Nastys Audi TT United States
<b>Have you kicked your lad today?<b>
Over $1 million USD in fake checks/money orders confiscated Easter Egg
luckey

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@CaptPlanet: A bullet fired from Nigeria. It probably would have missed anyway. Wink

I occasionally bait from Yahoo. My IP doesn't pinpoint me, and most lads know less about IPs than you did ten minutes ago. That said, there's no harm in being cautious.

hash_condisions
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Haha, love the name! Captain Planet, he's our hero, gonna take the mugus down to zero? Wink I like it.

I often bait the property scammers, they are such pains and I hate to see them scamming so much on free ad sites. Because of this, free ads are one of the easiest places to pick them up (good for baiters).

I'm working on one right now, eventually I'm hoping he will join me in my venture to find tenants for a crumbling castle! Very Happy

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
...I and my wife came over to Africa for a missionary work....

Regards.
Dianne Buchanan

Reeeeeeeally, Dianne? Don't you think that the first email's a bit soon to be going into that sort of detail?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic