SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

9-11 remembered

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Eight
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It is seven years since 9-11, but I can recall clearly the impact it had; where I was when the news started to break .... how the world seemed to tilt on its axis in that moment of dawning realisation that it was terrorism not accident .... strangers talking to strangers in shared shock .... the days and weeks that followed as the stories of loss and heroism emerged. 3,000 children lost a parent in 9-11. The average age of the children was 9 then, so many are now coming up to adulthood. There’s an interesting article here about how some of them are coping. Wiki has links to other sources of info and an overview of progress on the rebuilding of the WTC, and September11thnews which has masses of articles, news reports, and photos.

Tomorrow, those who were killed or injured, and those who lost loved ones, will be in my thoughts, and I will pay tribute to those who worked so hard to deal with the aftermath, especially the NYPD, FDNY, and PAPD.

United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Benin Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Nigeria France Benin

Avatar from sweethell ** www.ScamWarners.com - Victim warnings, support, advice & information ** Click here to donate to 419Eater.com
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hear hear. We must never forget those who died then. It's funny how the 'new normal' a the time has become simply 'normal' now.

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It was one of those "where were you when...?" lifetime moments, like when Pres. Kennedy was assassinated or when man first landed on the Moon.

I was at work, and our IT guy came in and told us than an airliner had just crashed into the first tower. Seemed like a tragic accident. They set up a TV in the conference room and we watched the immediate aftermath. Then the second plane hoves into view and then there is the sudden realisation that this is no accident but something beyond comprehension. I had to go back to work so didn't see the actual collapses until later. One of our employees was at a meeting in one of the towers and sadly didn't survive.

On that day the world changed forever and the sight of those people jumping to their certain deaths remains with me to this day. Tomorrow, my thoughts and prayers go out to them, all the other victims and their families, and to the bravery of the emergency services.

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the remembrance, Eight. It was truly a horrible day -- esp for the U.S. which isn't used to being hit on its home turf on such a scale.

The New York Times (among other papers, I'm sure) is running some great stories on survivors and the families of those who lost loved ones. Be sure to check them out.

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
A Skinner
Texas Lad-Saw Massacre

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for starting the thread, Eight. We need to remember.

SINCE YOU MADE ME TO GIVE MY CAR AWAY AND ALL THE DISAPOINTMENTS YOU GAVE TO ME,WHICH MADE ME TO STOP CONTACTING YOU. PLEASE DO NOT INVOLVE ME WITH ANYTHING YOU ARE DOING WITH ANYBODY, PLEASE DONT INVOLVE ME.I DONT WANT ANYTHING THAT WILL JEOPARDIZE MY IMAGE IN THIS COUNTRY.I AM A HUMANITARIAN LAWYER.

infact am getting tired with all this speculation in this transaction, honestly if i had known that this is the kind of person you are i would not have contacted for an assistance

Urgent??? Impotent massage

* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
FloridaBaiter
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What I'll never forget is the irony of the moment, at least for me. I was preparing a classroom to instruct an anti-terrorism/force protection class, which was not only reinforced, but not completed. Having your boss sprint in and tell you to turn the news on, something's happening can be a disruption! And a little over 2 weeks later I was deployed to the theater of operations (I was still on active duty).

Take a couple of moments tomorrow to remember and honor all the first responders, the victims, and the people that served and are still serving in this war against terrorism, regardless of country. And take the time to hug your loved ones...

God Bless you all.

" I will not fail to bring to your notice this transaction is hitch-free and that you should not entertain any atom of fear as all required arrangements have been made for the transfer."
Mr. Richard Omoh

スコットはASSHAT である
I'm not really a Doctor, I just play one on 419Eater
luckey

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I took these from my window. You can't live this near to those buildings and not have lost someone close to you. Needless to say, it is a day I will never forget.

Looking out the same window now, the sky is clear and everything looks peaceful. Just as it was a short time before I took those pictures.

Craig007
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow luckey, tragic pictures Sad

It was a sad day all around the world, for many reasons, not just the act itself but the knock-on effects as well.

pony pony pony Easter Egg Goat Vcamera

Mortar x7 Closed lad accounts Thailand Canada

Safari Safari Wulugu or Bust Safari- Lagos, Nigeria to Paga, Ghana and Tokwari, Ghana X2-3800mi. "I'm leaving this bullshit area"

Safari - Accra to Cotonou - 430 miles

100% RISK FREE TRANSACTION

CHERRIE MENTOR PROGRAM
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I remember my clock radio coming on and the announcer saying that instead of listening to the radio we should turn on our televisions. I did, and I just sat there on the couch - stunned. By that time it was known to be deliberate, and I remember Peter Jennings being absolutely horrified.

But I remember good things, too. I had friends staying at an elderhostel in Switzerland. They had been on a coach tour, and when they came back to the town, a large group of people met the coach and expressed their sympathies. The woman who owned the hostel had other guests coming, so my friends couldn't stay there for the whole time until they could fly back home, but people in the town took them all in.

Then there was that small town in Canada that took in a whole plane load of passengers.

Thanks for reminding us, Eight. I have a special commemorative T-shirt that I always wear on 9-11, and I will wear it tomorrow.

I don't say just God bless America - I say God bless the world - we need it.

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
smartbomb
** Retired **

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Its still harrowing to think about it.

I will remember.

Ivory Coast x8 United Kingdom x49 Spain x5 Nigeria x6 United States x3 Switzerland Netherlands x3 Turkey Estonian Flag x10 Malaysia x4 Ukraine Denmark Ghana x2 Russia Indonesia Thailand Germany France x2 Benin x4 Togo United Arab Emirates South Africa x2 Australia Canada Iraq Flag China United Nations
pony Mortar x7 Closed lad accounts a few
Click Here for Free Wigs !

i am no more a baby for going through this kind of stress for 200 pounds. : Hammed - Another satisfied MT7N S3cur3 customer.
l will never lose my leg in Jesus name.......ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeen l can see that you are totally MAD, FUCK YOU TOO!!!!! : Mr Yusuf
Dionysius
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tommo Shanter wrote:
It was one of those "where were you when...?" lifetime moments, like when Pres. Kennedy was assassinated or when man first landed on the Moon.

Yes, I was sitting in my car outside an ice cream parlour, my kid was in the back sleeping. I was listening both to the news and to someone gloating about the attack. I later went to my local tesco and the place was almost empty and there was a large crowd of people standing around the televisions all the stations that were on had been switched to coverage of the attacks. People where just sanding in disbelief staring at this Holloywood-esque pictures.

A former c0olleague was in the States at the time, she switched on the TV and thought at first it was a film, then realised the reality. My brother saw cars pulled up to the side of the road and the people listening to Radio 4 - highly unusual in my area.

All those poor people who had done no harm to anyone.

RIP - Lad vampire and muguito were the gifts that kept on leeching. Greatly missed.

Information about Scams and their effects with great trophies - http://www.scam-info-links.info/ from Scam Patroller - http://www.romancescambaiter.com/ from wayne
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Indeed a terrible day. It did, for a brief time, unite the nation.

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I missed the first news reports as I had taken my dad to hospital for tests.
It was only when I was picking the younger kids from school that I heard about it .
Even then it was "must be an accident" , then the awful realisation that such destructionwas a deliberate act.
I remember the same feeling when hearing about Lockerbie.
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am parading alongside US troops today, in a far flung corner of the world to commemorate "Patriot day". We may be far away from both the USA and the UK, but British personnel here are showing our solidarity with the US people. We salute those who gave their lives on 9/11, and we stand shoulder to shoulder with our US brothers in the ongoing war on Terror.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
Scarlett
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I was asleep when it happened. I was awakened by a telephone call from a friend in Romania. She was crying, and so upset I couldn't understand her english.

So, I went and turned the TV on, and there it was.
I worked in the WTC many years before the attack, and did not want to believe what I was watching.

I too will remember.

Safari AM STILL AT THE AIRPORT WAITING AND DYING
OOOOOO.... A1ex (thanks to Red & 5imba for 5SC)
Safari Abuja to Bauchi -am just like a notives down here walking up and down from one street to another…A1ex (thanks to 5imba & Red for their help)
Safari Ogun Sagamu to Abuja -A1ex
Safari (Group Effort) 0 Ch1d1nma: Lagos to Cotonou - "u told me not to bring money down which i didnt"
Safari Joint safari with OxygenDeprived

Closed lad accounts

Click here to support 419Eater.com
pony pony Mortar x2
Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I remember that day very well Sad

Sand Timer 8/11/07-12/15/08 i am totally a looser -Bruce The trophy machine

Sand Timer 2/25/08-4/10/10 It is going to cost me more this time - Lawrence, EFCC Lad Deck participant

Sand Timer 3/3/08-6/6/10 i know some day you'll send me some real good bucks ok - Byran The Eater Bunny

Sand Timer 3/13/08-3/25/10 i have played my path and now I am waiting for the pay - Wale Wild card
buried under 419 emails
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I will remember, I think about everyone who was alive on that day will always remember

"Any money you send to Africa to receive your payment is at your own risk " David Mark

over 1,000 fakes deaded since Oct 2005. This is my current rampage! Mortar x6 Easter Egg 2011 Purple Flower
Yastreb
Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My memory of the attack itself are clear - but what also sticks in my mind is something from the following day, when I'd called a friend. As I was talking to him, I looked over to the TV to see for the first time the film of the second impact in all its horrific detail. In shock I cried out, "Oh fuck!" - it was as if it was happening all over again...

At the office today I had some guy visiting who took the time out to peddle conspiracist drivel. It was a real effort to be polite.

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
Simba
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I cannot believe how low-key this anniversary has been.

You would have expected plenty of reminders in the media, maybe even a minutes silence....

It ranks as the most shocking thing I have ever witnessed, a number of colleagues lost their lives that day..

Safari=Mr Yetonde-Sierra Leone to Accra
Safari=Mr Jiullus-Abidjan to Accra to Kumasi to Tamale
Safari=Mr Dandy-Abidjan to Monrovia-SSC Liberia
Safari=Mr Mandela-Jo'burg to Maun-SSC Botswana
Safari=Mr Danka-Dakar to Bangul-SSC Gambia
Safari=Mr Twumasi-Accra to Cotonou-SSC Benin
Safari=Mr Gomer-Lagos to Douala to Parakou-SSC Cameroon & SSC Benin
SafariSafariSafari=Mr Chukwu-Lome to Accra to Koforidua. Lome to Lagos. Lome to Cotonou.

Ivory Coast Nigeria Sierra Leone Somolia Liberian Flag Gambia South Africa Kenya Angola Flag Guinea Bissau Burkina Faso Ghana Mali cameroon Benin Senegal Togo
Jimmy_Jones
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I watched a thing on tv here in the uk last night about 9/11

called the 9/11 Hotel

was about peoplethat were in the Marriot at the time

It was shocking video

Seeing on tv when you could see people climbing out the windows, its so distressing

last night was the first time i have ever watched a tv program and cried

Luckey those pictures are amazing and terrifying at the same time

Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I happened to be in the UK visiting my parents and so watched the horror unfolding around midday live on TV. I had to keep reminding myself that it was really happening and not a movie. The images of those poor, desperate souls jumping to their deaths will stay with me forever, as will the pictures of the emergency services personnel bravely walking towards the carnage against the tide of stunned and shocked people stumbling away from it. RIP to those who perished and my prayers to the loved ones they left behind.

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
Jayhawk
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

While the events of seven years ago were indeed tragic, and the images of the towers falling and people leaping to their deaths are forever burned into our collective images, I think it's also important to reflect back on some of the positives that came out of this whole experience:

- Emergency personnel rushing into the Towers - Many of these people gave their lives. They had to know that there was a very good chance that they wouldn't make it out of the buildings, yet they went in anyways. Who knows how many people were saved that day because of the actions of the men and women of the rescue units. I've thought about this, and if it was me, I don't know if I would have entered the buildings or not. For these men and women saving lives was their job. A tremendous testament to the goodness and bravery of the human spirit.

- Shortly after the towers fell, blood centers around the country had people lined up for blocks waiting to donate. It got to the point where the centers were telling the people to go home, as they had more than enough blood. People refused to leave. They felt helpless, and they felt like they had to do SOMETHING to contribute.

- After the tragedy we started hearing stories about people helping others out of the towers. We started hearing stories of people in wheelchairs being carried down flights of stairs and out of the towers by complete strangers.

We are unique organisms. We fight amongst ourselves, and at times we can seem like uncaring jackasses. We get upset and violent over what, in hindsight, are silly things. Yet when we are tested (and this tragedy did test us), our true colors come through, and we show that we are caring, compassionate and good people.

Yes pets are allowed as far as you will occupy the apartment alone, you can release the Kraken.

i will kill you even if it take me to go to jail i will do that because i hate you with all my life....
assisin killer to Feathers McGraw
PLEASE I BEG YOU TO LET ME KNOW THAT PIGGIES OF YOURS PLEASE... assisin killer to Feathers again
Vcamera x5 Safari Team Humphere
Long Live Silver Peak Orphanage! - Loan Lad Langwenya Andile
wayne
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The people that lost their lives that day will never be forgotten, and the unity it created will never be lost.

Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

In memory of absent friends, RIP.

"MY FINANCE DEPARTMENT TOLD'S ME TODAY THAT THE WESTERN UNION FORM YOU SENT WAS NOT VALID AND ELUCID" - Dr Frank Johnson

THERE IS A MURDER CASE WHICH I ENGAGE MY SELF INTO TO MAKE SURE THE CLIENT IS NOT KILLED BY HANGING, BUT I THANK GOD TODAY THAT THE CLIENT SUCIDED IN GOING TO JAIL INSTEAD OF HANGING TO DEATH,THAT IS THE REASON WHY I DIDN,T GET BACK TO YOU SOON. - Mohammed Traore

PLEASE HELP ME BECAUSE AM BURNING I MEAN I AM IN BETWEEN THE DEVIL AND THE RED SEA PLEASE. - Ruth
Chief2B
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I had just finished working graveyard shift and had got home at 6am. My wife came in and woke me up and told me what was happening. At first I thought she was bullshitting me but I could see it in her eyes that she was serious. I got up and started watching the TV. When the second plane hit I knew that it wasn't any accident. I went ahead and got my uniform back on because I knew what was fixing to happen. I got called out about 30 minutes later.

Even in our small rural community it was total chaos.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic