SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Anyone recognize this name/number?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
A Jersey housewife
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

After one response they've bombarded me over and over begging to no avail, now they have an MTCN number that I'm supposed to lookup to verify it's waiting for me. They also can't decide what last name they really want.

2 days ago
Please, We are ready now to Release the Control number of your first payment which is $3200, Please, Do not delay, Just go and send only $148, so that your first payment will be Release Immediately, and after this first payment, The Second payment will be $8,000. but our Bank Attorney will Required Document which will cost you little money.Please go and send this $148, Today to Receive your first payment of $3200.and do not Delay so that we will Release your first payment of $3200, through Western Union today.

Dollars
Receiver's name.....

ADDRESS.....NO
Country.....BENIN REPUBLIC
Text Question...BENIN
Test Answer....COTONOU
Amount.......$148.

Waiting to hear from you today Friday.

Thanks
Linda.

Then this twice in about 5 hours:

Put first Sender name:
put again last Sender:
Include the mtcn number:

Please Track it as i told you now, It will be Available to pick up by you, But If you went to the Western Union to pick up the money, They will tell you that there is no money why because the money that we send to you is on hold, Please Understand me and send only $148, We can obtain the Affidevite of Claim and After you Receive the money, you can send the Remaining Balace ok.

Name:..
Address: ..No
Country Name:..Benin Republic
Postal Code......00229
Text Question:...Honest
Text Answer:.....Trust
Amount:.......$148.

Thanks
Linda

Mod edit, edited to unmask the whole post, masking uses up a lot of system resources, it is to be used sparingly, only names/addresses at most need masking, not whole posts Wink - SP
notobescammed
Radio Man

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Jersey Housewife...

If I am correct in thinking Linda is the scammer? (or so she/he says)

Does she have a surname?

NTBS

you are trying to ask me if Iam a robber? is this correct? - Dr Usman
My own version meaning of the word (SCAM) {The Transaction you will start that will never end! - Kw3s1
Sometimes the truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off - Kw3s1

Pith Helmet Birthday Safari - Co Bait with FrumpyBB and Redshoes17

Click here to support 419Eater.com Nurse Nastys Audi TT
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerSkype Name
A Jersey housewife
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No last name, just wondering since there were three almost identical requests sent three different times from the same person to me I'm wondering if it was a mass mailing of some sort.

I never responded to anything they asked for so it's unusual for anyone to keep sending those requests.
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Did you check the To: field in the email header? If it says "Undisclosed Recipients" it was a mass-mailing. I guess that would mean you are on three mass-mailing lists?

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic