SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

MAGic and Me – a serious thread

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Cheers Titania. Rather than putting in the icon: thumbs up!

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
simpsonman3000
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow, Titania, that's really amazing.

My grandparents live in Palm Desert and they have a friend with a microscope-like thingy that enlarges words like 50 times.

It also makes us people who don't have a handicap and our petty complaints about life in general seem like we are nothing. Sad

And I could imagine what it was like in the earthquake to be in your situation. And you said in that post that you were in a wheelchair and that was an experience? Wow; I could not even imagine it not being able to see what was going on. Confused

And how does it pronounce British words, like "programme"? Is it like "pro-gram-ee"? And "five-imba"? Does it see the "S" as a "5"? That's kind of a problem. Very Happy

And it doesn't self-destruct after reading ladspeak. Good for it. I'll bet it wasn't made in America! Wink

HEY YOU OLD DISEASED SLAPPER I KNOW YOU F**K ANYTHING AND SUCK EVERYTHING HEARD YOUR C**T IS SO BIG NOW EVEN A HORSE CANT FILL IT!!! ENJOY IT AND HOPE YOU GETS AIDS YOU DISEASED MUGA BASTARD!!!- Some lad got pissed when I called him a slut.
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I can see somewhat - I'm not totally blind, and I'm doing everything I can to keep it that way Smile

The emoticons aren't a problem if I hit ESC, so you don't have to be afraid to use them, but I do appreciate the consideration you are showing. If I really didn't want to deal with them, I'd disable them. But I think they're fun.

SherlockHolmie, As long as you capitalize the H, MAGic sees your id as two words and pronounces them properly. Pictures are simply referred to as "image." But since I can see some, I don't have a lot of problems, except with documents sent by lads - the contrast is not always good enough for me to read their handwriting. I hope my lads never send me forms!

"Programme" is pronounced "program." I could have it speak with a British accent if I wanted to - I've done it for fun, and it's pretty good. I have a choice of several voices, and it actually speaks with some intonation. For instance, it knows what question marks and exclamation points do to the way sentences are spoken.

I visited a website that is apparently from France, although with English text. MAGic actually spoke in a French accent! Crazy!

It takes run-on sentences in stride, although I sometimes wonder why it doesn't gasp for breath in the middle.

I have a magnifier for reading books and papers, too. It has a flat bed that I can move around, a CCTV, and a big screen. I can view in full color, black and white, reversed (white on black), and a couple of other color combinations. I can even write checks and fill out forms with it. A great boost to my independence.

Yes, I'm in a wheelchair. I am an above-knee amputee (right leg). Unfortunately, the fact that I have no depth perception and poor vision oveerall made it impossible for me to learn to walk with a prosthesis.

I don't see any reason to throw myself a pity party. They don't do any good, and other people don't care to join in, so they're a lonely place to be. I'd rather be the life of the party. Very Happy

Well, get me going on this subject and I could write a book! But if you want to know more, just ask.

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
Eight
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for posting this, Titania, and I'm delighted that you're having no problems at Eater, both with reading the posts and with the reception you've been getting. Very Happy

The information on your reading program is fascinating. Was it the first one you tried, or have you tested alternatives?

As you know, anything that makes members here more prone to use accurate spelling and not leet-speak is fine with me. Smile I hope people will think about that and try to make Eater even more welcoming for those who do not have English as their first language or are in similar circumstances to Titania. Getting the lads to spell properly is much more of a challenge, I'm afraid, Titania. Very Happy

United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Benin Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Nigeria France Benin

Avatar from sweethell ** www.ScamWarners.com - Victim warnings, support, advice & information ** Click here to donate to 419Eater.com
Scarlett
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Titania,

Thank you for sharing this with us. I believe you are an amazing lady.

I enjoy reading your posts. I would never have guessed you had visual problems.

Scarlett

Safari AM STILL AT THE AIRPORT WAITING AND DYING
OOOOOO.... A1ex (thanks to Red & 5imba for 5SC)
Safari Abuja to Bauchi -am just like a notives down here walking up and down from one street to another…A1ex (thanks to 5imba & Red for their help)
Safari Ogun Sagamu to Abuja -A1ex
Safari (Group Effort) 0 Ch1d1nma: Lagos to Cotonou - "u told me not to bring money down which i didnt"
Safari Joint safari with OxygenDeprived

Closed lad accounts

Click here to support 419Eater.com
pony pony Mortar x2
persephone
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks, that is very interesting. Sorry to bug you with more questions, but I am curious by nature. Is MAGic compatible with every programme? What does it do for instance with the advertisements in Gmail? Do you need to select the text you want to read or does it do that for you?

Can I ask you were you are from? Are you in the States? Do you feel there are enough resources and considerations in your country that will help you do the things you would do without your handicap? Do you for instance have some kind of transportation contract that will allow you to use taxis at a cheaper rate?

I had a pupils who was blind from birth. School never had a blind student before and the first few weeks we had regular meetings with her and her parents on what kind of rules and assistance we can put in place to allow her to study without too much inconvenience. For instance we arranged that she did not have to change classrooms more than absolutely necessary and we instructed pupils to leave her guidance dog alone, no matter how cute he looks. How was school for you? Or did you become blind at a later stage in your life?

Closed lad accounts loads
pony pony Mortar x46 United States 3x Canada Malaysia 2x Netherlands 2x Nigeria 2x Ghana 3x Ivory Coast 9x United Kingdom 3x Spain Bahamas, The Germany Australia Algerian Flag Togo 2x Cellphone Pretty Rose Safari 4 days of travel - 7 days stuck in airport
U. Sir Name
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I just want to know if we can refer to Simba as Five-imba from now on?

Please take note my name is DAKORU BAKARE and not Bukake

i got your ATM card and you come and bring your information and also pay your $95 charge and collect the God dam card ok.

ok sorry i got you message, and i going to go fuck myself as you said. thanks very much.
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Fascinating info Titania. I'm sure the technology you have makes your life much easier in so many ways that the rest of us take for granted I bet you can't imagine life without it now.

So YW comes out as "eiewww" eh? [insert suitable emoticon]

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This is actually a really interesting read for me Titania as I'm currently making sure my company website is as accessible as possible for the visually impaired. It's invaluable to be able to hear this straight from some one who experiences this on a day to day basis. Thank you for sharing.

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
TheGreatOok
Catbingo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am finding this interesting because of the software. I have seen the magnifying screens you can put over TVs but this software sounds incredible. I am just imagining the work it would take just to get it to recognize words. I have seen some similar programs on the internet. Where you can enter words into a field and it will read them back. They just always amaze me because I know the programming behind it all.

"I knew rigth from the first time you sent email to me that,you are a bloody *DELETED*" - Sgt Daniel Vess
"I NO BLAME U NA DI DIRTY TOTO WEN BORN U NA IM I BLAME. CATBINGO" - Lee Wong
"I AM EQUAL TO A MENTAL RETARDED PERSON" - Alvan Ben
"You have pushed me to the wall and i will make you smell yourself i bet." - George Martins
"THE FOOL STOLE YOUR US$755, HE DOES NOT DESERVE TO LEAVE ON THE PLANET" - Jim Ovia

pony pony - for a perfect brown nosing job. Wink

pony Mortar x4
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteSkype Name
packman
Elite Baiter

Location: In his own little world but it's ok, they know him there.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for sharing Titania, I would have never Known if you didn't tell us.
Is good to see first hand how todays technology helps.
My late brother Frank had lost his eye sight at about 28 ( he would have been 43 this year) a couple years before he died he was getting in to computers for a little fun. and he had a thing that more or less typed out in bralle on his finger tips what he was reading. he had some peripheral sight. so if he held something up to his side of his eye he could see it some what. He like you didn't let things get in the way.
He built a 88 mustang with a small block chevy engine, all by feel. I use to drive him around in it and we raced it at the dragstrip. kind of interesting driving a high 11 second car built by a blind guy.

The receipt you send is totally invisible ok-Kelly

FUCK YOU SMALL BOI YOU ARE POOR IN HEAD AND SOUL
AND GOD WILL PUNISH YOU FOR SCAMMING HOUNST MEN LIKE ME.. Segun Akintemi
pony <-- I got a pony WAHOO Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x3
Chief2B
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I enjoy reading posts such as yours. It actually makes me think that there is hope for mankind. I know to many people that would use a medical condition such as you to their advantage. They would sit on their ass all day long, collect Government benefits and expect people to wait on them hand and foot.
I'm glad to see that you consider this only an obstacle in life and not a handicap.
Pachanga
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Titania, that was very interesting information. Thank you for sharing it.

Closed lad accounts

Tastysnack
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I must commend you on your opennes with your disability. It is great to have you on eater.

I must confess to wondering how many times the audio playback of some of our baiter names / hijinks has caused you to blush.

I sure hope you don't visit eater during work if you get your new job! (I hope you get the job).

Not sure how many times your cube mates want to hear audio playback of some of the more racous baits!

"you are the must fool i have ever seen fuck you like the 12.5 million idoit dont write me again" Radebe Gumede 7-16-09 after his bank transfer failed.

"Sorry we do not know Mr. Gomer. Send that email fromthe so called gomer to us for scrutiny."- Devati Mooleedhar

SON OF A DOG GO EAT SHIT AND DRINK WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOSERRRRRRRRR.GET A LIFE--Bakar Saud (After Mr. Gomer chopped his dolla')

YOU ATE OUR MONEY AND YOU START MOCKING US--Bishop Anthony

Fake Checks Received= $63,487 US
Jayhawk
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Pastor Frank wrote:
Thanks for the thread Titania, very interesting. I have to ask, how does the software pronounce Usm4n B3ll0?

It pronounces it as "He who shall not be named", of course! Very Happy

Thanks for sharing. I used to teach on a part-time basis at a University, and I once had a legally blind student that walked with a cane in my class. He still had some sight left, but it was leaving him quickly and he wanted to get his mba before his sight was totally gone. He would sit in the very front of class and record every lecture. He also had a large magnifying glass that he would use the scan the board. We had two other people take notes for him.

The University had software in the library that would magnify any spreadsheet for him. I don't know how large the magnification was, but I do know it was much more than three times. I would put the exams in Microsoft word, and he would take the exams in the library.

His homework and exams were interesting to grade, as he wrote very big, and would have about ten times the number of pages as the rest of the class.

I was really hoping he would make it through the program, but he dropped out. He got a "B" in my class though. The guy worked his butt off.

Kudos to you Titania for how you are handling this!

Yes pets are allowed as far as you will occupy the apartment alone, you can release the Kraken.

i will kill you even if it take me to go to jail i will do that because i hate you with all my life....
assisin killer to Feathers McGraw
PLEASE I BEG YOU TO LET ME KNOW THAT PIGGIES OF YOURS PLEASE... assisin killer to Feathers again
Vcamera x5 Safari Team Humphere
Long Live Silver Peak Orphanage! - Loan Lad Langwenya Andile
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you all again. I hope I don't forget any questions - you were busy while I was asleep. Smile

I lost my vision about three and a half years ago. After a year and a half of fighting for my benefits I finally hooked up with the State Department of Rehabilitation (California), and got a new computer with the software, the magnifier, and other nifty stuff, like a watch that literally tells me the time. They are also working with me on the job front.

I also tried a program called Jaws, but I was more comfortable with MAGic. There is a magnifier built into every Windows-based computer, but it doesn't smooth the edges of letters, so the magnified letters and numbers are difficult to read. It also echoes each key you press. It was embarrassing at my last job - each letter would be quietly repeated, but when I made a mistake, the volume increased for BACKSPACE. Everybody around me knew when I'd made a mistake.

I live in southern California, probably the best place to be if one has disabilities. In addition to the many teaching hospitals and other medical services, transportation for those with disabilities is great. Los Angeles, Orange, and San Diego Counties have a service called Access Paratransit. For a small fare ($1.80 to $2.25) I can go anywhere within the county. And I can transfer to the next county's Access with no difficulty. It's a great place for someone like me to be independent.

Usm-four-N B-three-L-L-zero. And you can call Simba whatever you like - just check with him first. Wink

MAGic doesn't play well with every program out there. For some reason it messes with Yahoo Messenger, although I can use MSN Messenger with no problem. I dunno - maybe because it's geared specifically for Windows programs.

I wish I could remember the name of the site where you can submit your websites to be graded on accessibility. It checks for things like labels on images - you know, where when you drag the cursor over the image a little box comes up with a description of the image. MAGic and other reading software programs will read those boxes.

Oh yes - I can direct where it starts reading. By placing the cursor on a line of text, the program reads that line. I can also make it just start reading where the cursor is and continue reading until I tell it to stop. Dangerous when reading long, long blocks, though, as I tend to fall asleep. Embarassed

This topic is timely, I think, because there is a certain Governor who is showing many people that being legally blind is no barrier.

I tell people I have disabilities - I am not disabled.

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
Eight
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:

How do you feel about the term "differently-abled"? Smile

United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Benin Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Nigeria France Benin

Avatar from sweethell ** www.ScamWarners.com - Victim warnings, support, advice & information ** Click here to donate to 419Eater.com
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^That's neat!

Titania, you are one awesome individual. Cool

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
the vampire
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the info Titania . I have some idea how the world must look like through your eyes because i wear glasses . If i put them off i can't read one single bit on this forum , not even a quote from a lad with caps lock and bold font . And even with your disabillities you still have a sense of humor because without humor you can't bait the lads in my opinion . Have fun !

I'm always right! - Branwen
GoatEaster Egg Penguin Pole Dancer Purple Flower Mc Fry
sheboppe
The Sparkly Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Titania wrote:

That is a wonderful response Titania. and you have a great attitude. Thumbs up

| <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135992> Official Eater T-Shirts</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81028> Premium Membership</a> | ScamWarners | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5413> Forum Rules</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=51> Baiting Tutorials</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=118738> Baiting Help</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=137846> FAQs</a> |

star pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Mortar x22
reno419
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Titania wrote:
But since I can see some, I don't have a lot of problems, except with documents sent by lads - the contrast is not always good enough for me to read their handwriting. I hope my lads never send me forms!
I'm sure if you ask, just about anyone here would be more then happy to help and type out their responses for you. From some of the forms I've seen, I would need to get help reading them too.
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Titania - You could turn your difficulties with lad forms into a baiting modality and ask them to return the forms to you in a MASSIVE font?

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
Chibuike
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Titania,

Thank you for sharing with us. I wish I had known about MAGic when I was looking at email services for my 85 year old Mother who has macular degeneration. It would have been wonderful for her. Instead I went with Presto.com which is a very good service. She uses her Kurzweiler machine to read her emails.

When she was first diagnosed my family immediately went into action. Our concern was that she be able to live her life to the fullest as she had before her diagnosis. The state she lives in has a very agressive program for the visually impaired. They have given her all her equipment and tools as well as have monthly classes for the visually impaired in her small community. And all this is free of charge.

I am amazed at all the technology and equipment available to her. They even gave her a visually impaired Scrabble board which she uses to whip my behind in Scrabble. I am sure that you have gone through a similar program.

Please keep us informed of the technologies that you use. I am sure that many can benefit from it.

Thanks, Titania!

pony pony pony <--I got ponies! Wahhooo!
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Chapeau Ma'am,
proud to know you a little bit now and I already loved the name you chose for here. Thanks for sharing.
Regards
Bill2

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am really glad you posted this. I found it rather informative. Thanks!

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic