SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Mac System 7.5 help - sorted

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Massive long shot I know, but are their any eater members who are running Mac system 7.5.x and if so could they send me a copy of the Network Extension as I've just accidentally trashed mine and really don't relish doing a 19 floppy disc system re-install. Don't all pile in at once now.

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts

Last edited by Rodus on Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
dr stephen williams
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Dude, they have this thing now called, um, OSX (the "X" stands for "ten"), which makes 7.5 really hyper passe.....

Golden Pith x2 Safari x7 Tattoo x7 Closed lad accounts Mortar Vcamera Sand Timer x6 Team Turd Lgs-Dla Bnn-Lbra Acra-Dkar Dkr-Bnjul- Dkr-Tmbktu-Abche-Adre-N'djmna Lgos-Cairo-Aswn-Jail Ctnu-Lgos Ctnu-acra Lgos-Jbrg-Drbn-Prt-Elzbth-CT-Sprngbk-CT-Drbn-CT-Hrre-Lska-DsSlm-Mmbsa-Nirbi-Kmpla 28,510 Miles
Golden Pith Safari x2 Tattoo x6 Vcamera Sand Timer x4 Team Woody Acra-Sngpre Acra-Dkr-Rsso-Bmko Acra-Ctnu
Safari Lgos-Dkr-Rsso Sand Timer Vcamera (wKLG)
Safari x22 SS Sand Timer x3 United Kingdom United States Nigeria x303 : Closed lad accounts pyramid Mortar
Nurse Nastys Audi TTpony Whip Mc Fry Jack Boot
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ Yup, I have every iteration of OS X but I dragged a IIvi out of a skip and it has system 7 on it (which I haven't used since my performa 5200 died). I want to get this 16 year old machine on my network and online.

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
atallman
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

will any of these links help?
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^Thanks mate but unfortunately low end mac (nor pure-mac, xlr8yourmac or any other mac site) don't seem to have the seperate extensions for download, which was why I was hoping some retro mac fan might be running it and could email me the extension. *sigh* time to break out the floppies Sad

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

Fo'andles
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Dont know if this site will help,

www.le.ac.uk/cc/dsss/docs/75variants

i googled your system in full.
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^you are a star, that link led me to a page buried in apples site which has the software I needed. Many thanks as you've saved me from a very dull evening.

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

Fo'andles
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Glad to help
dr stephen williams
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Rodus, that is so cool a machine of that vintage can still do things. Nice!

I am ordering a Macbook to upgrade my old PB17inchG4, which is about 6 years old. Then I am buying a 24 inch monitor, and will use the Macbook as my CPU, unless I am on the road, at which point it will come with me.

Golden Pith x2 Safari x7 Tattoo x7 Closed lad accounts Mortar Vcamera Sand Timer x6 Team Turd Lgs-Dla Bnn-Lbra Acra-Dkar Dkr-Bnjul- Dkr-Tmbktu-Abche-Adre-N'djmna Lgos-Cairo-Aswn-Jail Ctnu-Lgos Ctnu-acra Lgos-Jbrg-Drbn-Prt-Elzbth-CT-Sprngbk-CT-Drbn-CT-Hrre-Lska-DsSlm-Mmbsa-Nirbi-Kmpla 28,510 Miles
Golden Pith Safari x2 Tattoo x6 Vcamera Sand Timer x4 Team Woody Acra-Sngpre Acra-Dkr-Rsso-Bmko Acra-Ctnu
Safari x22 SS Sand Timer x3 United Kingdom United States Nigeria x303 : Closed lad accounts pyramid Mortar
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^It's not fast and anything like flash is unuseable. 16Mhz 68030 cpu, 8mb of RAM and 80 MB scsi HD. I've actually been using Mosaic on it! I hate to see things wasted and as a word processor (it has MS Word 5), financial organiser (Excel 5) and email machine there is nothing wrong with it. Dragged it out of a skip, hooked it up to a spare monitor and it booted first time, I'm sad enough to have an Apple monitor port to vga converter lying around. When this machine was released in '92 the cost was about $3000!
Your G4 should fetch a pretty good price on ebay should you ever sell it (I wouldn't though). The powerbooks have held their price incredibly well.

Here it is Very Happy

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

dr stephen williams
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Naaah, can't sell it. Too good, and, true, I bought it for USD1600 4 years ago, used, and the same computer still sells for USD999 on line. Not that much depreciation considering the age.

Wright B Hindyou
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

While you Mac guys are around, can I ask a question?

I love the idea of having a Mac, but my feeling is that almost all Mac software (beyond the e-mail/browsing stuff) is commercial, and that there is very limited open-source software available for the Mac.

Partly I'm interested in software development, but also I do a lot of text manipulation, formatting and design (for example, I have nine separate word processors installed on my PC, all open-source except for MS Word) and I can't believe Mac will give me anything like this flexibility.

Or will it?

"bastard like you, I will kill you with my hand, son of nobody. May your soul rust in help." - Titi Andrew

"I trusted you very much without knowing that you are a drug addit person" - Emma Bambara

"THIS YOUR BEHAVIOR IS IRELEVANT AND CROSPOLOS CARACTER" - Madam Clarrise Keita.

"you must speak beter because we dont train mad people in this company." - Incredible Self-Baiting Pastor Joe
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^Open office runs fine, MS office, AppleWorks, BBEdit, anything that runs under X11.
Here's a nice starting place: http://www.opensourcemac.org/

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic