SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Another reason to hate the lads

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Dionysius
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

These scum and dirty shits will screw screw anyone for a fast buck. They are criminals pure and simple. They don't give a shit who they hurt. All the more kudos to the baiters who target these dirty bastards.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/7505395.stm

Quote:

Nigerian football conmen exposed

An undercover BBC investigation has exposed how young African footballers are being conned out of thousands of dollars by Nigerian fraudsters.

One gang which was confronted pretended to be Manchester United officials working with manager Sir Alex Ferguson.

Another conman was impersonating the chief talent scout for Chelsea to trick naive teenagers into wiring him cash.

They prey on the thousands of amateur players who post their details online hoping to be spotted by English agents.

Victims are often duped into sending money in the false belief that they are paying official registration fees to have a trial to play for their favourite English Premier League clubs.

The fraudsters simply pocket the money and disappear.

Registration fees

For the BBC investigation, an undercover reporter played the role of the father of a young Ghanaian striker keen to make it big in England.

In that guise, he contacted a man who called himself Paul Jones and claimed online to represent Manchester United. The man falsely boasted that he worked closely with Sir Alex.

In e-mails and secretly recorded phone conversations, Mr Jones claimed that Sir Alex was so impressed by the BBC's fictional player that he wanted to him to come for a two-year trial.

Mr Jones said that the club would coach the player to stardom once a "registration fee" of more than $7,000 (£3,500) was paid.

"As soon as your child comes over here in London, the club will sponsor their food, their accommodation, all the necessary things they need in the club. So after two years of the training, if the player performs well, he will join Manchester United," Mr Jones promised in one call.

In an effort to persuade the undercover reporter that his offer was genuine, Mr Jones e-mailed several fake player registration forms.

The documents were headed with the club's official logo. But one obvious error was that the instructions stated the form should be addressed to legendary United manager, Sir Matt Busby - who died in 1994.

Secret filming

In a sting operation, the undercover reporter persuaded Mr Jones to send his assistant, a "Dr Frank Johnson" to meet him at a hotel in the Nigerian city of Lagos to receive the cash in person.

At the meeting, Dr Johnson was secretly filmed as he produced another fake registration form.

He assured the undercover reporter that Manchester United were keen to recruit more African players and that his son would be well provided for.

"What we do is give them a good contract. That is why you have to sign as a sponsor," he said.

"We will prepare an apartment for your son and give him special training so he will improve. Then we will set him up with another club or he will play with us."

Dr Johnson's sales pitch was brought to an abrupt end when BBC reporter Gavin Lee and a camera crew approached and confronted him.

Despite the evidence on tape, Dr Johnson initially denied he was a fake. But he later confessed that his real name was John and that he was ashamed of his actions.

He was taken away and questioned by a Nigerian policeman who provided security for the sting.

The BBC team was allowed to examine Dr Johnson's mobile phone and found it contained texts that suggested he was involved with scams involving victims across Africa and Europe. Several people had sent him their bank details.

In the phone's directory the number for the BBC's undercover reporter was listed under "mugu" - the word used by Nigerian fraudsters to describe those that they swindle.

Naivety

Another conman recorded by the BBC claimed to be Mike Emenalo, the former Nigerian international player who is Chelsea's chief talent scout.

The fake Mr Emenalo was brazen enough to advertise his services on a legitimate sports website.

He claimed to be so impressed by the record of the BBC's fake player that he immediately offered him a trial with the club. This time the fee demanded was $4,000 (£2,000).

Schoolboy footballers in Nigeria
Football is seen as a way to escape Nigeria's poverty

Nigerian's Sport and Tourism Ambassador John Fashanu commended the BBC investigation for highlighting the perils faced by young African players who want to play abroad.

The former Wimbledon player and England international said there needed to be greater action against the conmen who were ripping off their fellow Africans.

"They have seen an opportunity to make money and they are making money off desperate young Nigerian, Ghanaian, South African, African, Third World country footballers who all want to live of professional footballers like Thierry Henri, Kanu and Jay Jay Okocha," he said.

Often those who fall for scammers like this are from poor backgrounds. Their families scrape together the fees in the vain hope of giving their children a route out of poverty.

Players as young as 12 post their photo, phone number, e-mail address and in some cases even their passport details online in the hope of getting an agent.

Most appear to be unaware that English clubs would never demand money from a player they were considering signing.

These ambitious amateurs seem largely ignorant that under immigration regulations it would be impossible for them to get a British work permit.

They would not qualify as they have not played several games for their own national sides. And it is this naivety which the fraudsters exploit to ruthless effect.

You can hear more about this story in a special documentary on Victoria Derbyshire's show on BBC Five Live at 0900BST on 15 July. BBC World Service listeners can hear it on Assignment on 17 July.

Video of the Scum Artist - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/7505699.stm

The story of a victim.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/7505730.stm

Quote:

'I was victim of Nigeria football conmen'

An undercover BBC investigation has exposed how young African footballers are being conned out of thousands of dollars. Gavin Lee explains how Isaiah Akpan fell victim to a Nigerian scam.

"The memory of that incident always kind of shocks me," say Isaiah Akpan.

He shakes his head as he recalls the gamble he took in the hope of achieving his dream of football stardom in the richest league in the world, the English Premiership.

Instead of taking the first step to sporting fame and fortune, he fell victim to conmen who left him penniless - stranded and alone in a foreign country.

The Nigerian 18-year-old lives in Apapa, a northern district of Lagos. Home is a small tin roof shack, where he and his two brothers share one bed.

It is a world away from the millionaire lifestyles of the Premiership stars, whose pictures decorate the walls.

Mr Akpan, like thousands of soccer-mad African teenagers, puts his details on sports networking websites.

Players as young as 12 post their pictures, e-mail addresses, phone numbers - even scans of pages from their passport.

The hope is that just maybe this will attract the attention of somebody with connections who will help them get a deal with an English club.

"Why most of us want agents is because they can help us; telling us what the clubs are all about and getting better clubs of my choice. Most of these agents, they are linked to clubs in Europe," he says.

What Mr Akpan and many other amateur hopefuls do not realise is that under British immigration rules, it would be impossible for them to get a work permit.

They would not qualify as they have not yet played several games for their own national teams.

Many also appear to be unaware that no English club would ask for money from a player they are thinking of signing.

And it is this sort of naivety which is now being exploited by crooks.

Stranded

So it was not long before Mr Akpan was e-mailed by two men who said they were football agents.

They men claimed to be so impressed with his online posting that they could arrange him a trial to play for an English team. But at a price.

To me $500, from a poor home, is big mone
Isaiah Akpan

"They promised a club but did not mention the specific name of the club," he recalls.

"They said that I would have to go for a trial in Singapore in Asia. Then after two three months they would transfer me to UK."

Mr Akpan was told that as a formality, he would first have to pay a $500 (£250) registration fee.

He borrowed the money, the equivalent of a month's wages, from his father.

He then flew, as instructed, with the cash to the Ghanaian capital, Accra.

There, the two football agents were supposed to meet him at the airport and put him on a plane to his trial.

But, after Mr Akpan handed over the money, the men disappeared.

He was left stranded and alone in a foreign country with no money to get home.

"I was thinking how will I get back to Nigeria, I even could not pay back the taxi man," he says.

"I had to sleep at the international airport that night because there was nobody to go to, nobody to help me, nobody even wanted to believe the story."

After spending three days living rough, Mr Akpan managed to borrow the fare home.

When he did return, he said he was initially too ashamed to tell his father that he had been conned.

"To me $500, from a poor home, is big money. It was a very bad experience."

The conmen used the same techniques as the so-called "419" fraudsters, which usually target businessmen.

They are asked to pay considerable sums of money up-front, on the understanding of sharing millions of dollars of ill-gotten gains, which never materialise.

The victim is lured abroad before being parted from his or her money, to make it more difficult for the police to conduct investigations.

But despite his mistakes, Mr Akpan continues to advertise online in the hope that next time the offer of help will be genuine.

"I always dream of playing in England. But I know time waits for nobody," he says.

"That incident has not stopped me. I will keep on showing my details on the websites. Though I will be much more careful."

You can hear more about this story in a special documentary on Victoria Derbyshire's show on BBC Five Live at 0900BST on 15 July. BBC World Service listeners can hear it on Assignment on 17 July.

Nigerian star Kanu gives his advice to African footballers who want to play in Europe - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/7505630.stm

RIP - Lad vampire and muguito were the gifts that kept on leeching. Greatly missed.

Information about Scams and their effects with great trophies - http://www.scam-info-links.info/ from Scam Patroller - http://www.romancescambaiter.com/ from wayne
Dionysius
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Another story about a group of young Africans held by a scammer. Whatever reason he held them in Mali for, you know it wasn't for anything good.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/6500539.stm

Quote:

Football trafficker cons Ivorians
Imogen Foulkes
BBC Geneva Correspondent

Thirty-four boys have been returned home to Ivory Coast after being duped by a bogus football agent.

The boys had been promised contracts with European football clubs, the International Organization for Migration (IOM) says.

Their parents had paid hundreds of dollars for their travel but they did not get to Europe.

Instead the boys were taken to neighbouring Mali where they were held against their will.

Warning

The boys were all passionate footballers, members of a club in one of the poorest districts of Abidjan.

There, they were approached by a man who said he was an agent.

Each boy's parents paid between $200 and $600 to the agent and then didn't see their sons for three months.

They were being held in an abandoned house in Mali where they were given little food.

IOM spokeswoman Jemini Pandya says this kind of scam which exploits the hopes and dreams of young people is becoming more common.

She said: "This dream of going to Europe as a footballer is a very big one in West Africa - footballing is a real passion.

"If anyone comes up and says that they think that they'll be able to get talented young footballers into these teams they will take a chance and go for it and that's clearly what's happened."

Mystery

The bogus agent was finally arrested by Malian police after some of the boys escaped.

What his real plans were for these teenagers remains something of a mystery.

He told the police he wanted to take advantage of their activities and ominously, when the boys arrived at the house, 12 other teenagers were already there.

The IOM is warning amateur football clubs across Africa to beware of unfamiliar agents making big promises.

Ms Pandya said: "All these instances of late that we are reporting whether for trafficking or smuggling, don't tend to be one-offs. It's usually just the tip of an iceberg."

RIP - Lad vampire and muguito were the gifts that kept on leeching. Greatly missed.

Information about Scams and their effects with great trophies - http://www.scam-info-links.info/ from Scam Patroller - http://www.romancescambaiter.com/ from wayne
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Heard an interview on Radio 4 this am about it, to be repeated at around 8.30 am, on the Today programme.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/default.stm for listen again.
Was mentioned around 7am

Didnt hear it repeated but its to be on the BBC World Service Assignment programme on 17th JUly
Biff Pile-On
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Who needs another reason? One is enough for me.

Warm Regards

SENATOR IBRAHIM MANTU

NB: Please get back to me as soon as you receive this mail because i know that very soon, i will pass on.

AM A LITTLE BUSY HERE BECAUSE I HAVE ALOT OF COSTUMER ON HERE - MR WALE MOSES
Donato
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Currently listening to the story on the World Service.

pony Closed lad accounts - lots

<i><b>Free Pastor Frank!!!</b></i>
sheboppe
The Sparkly Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

All they care about is money, and it doesn't matter to the what they have to get it. Heartless b**tards, Evil or Very Mad

| <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135992> Official Eater T-Shirts</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81028> Premium Membership</a> | ScamWarners | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5413> Forum Rules</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=51> Baiting Tutorials</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=118738> Baiting Help</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=137846> FAQs</a> |

star pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Mortar x22
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I love the look on the football conman's face when he gets caught. He rubs his face with his hand. It's great. It's nice to see them feel the same way as a vic feels.

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The fact that the victims are from West Africa doesn't make it less or more tragic.

Did they deserve it any more than anyone else ? Were they being just plain greedy - like all victims ?

You might as well ask 'if I go on holiday or buy a car am I a cruel bastard for not donating the money to charity instead ?".

People have dreams - Lads crush them - and steal your money too.

Some people may be foolish, and some people may be weak, but if I rob your helpless grandmother she isn't to blame because she is too weak, in the same way that those who fall prey to scammers, for whatever reason, aren't to blame either.

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
Tasman
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I bait footy lads but these are players side of things. I reckon about 50% of them I find are real players trying to get lucky and live the dream. The rest are looking for the visa money and that is who I bait.

I have devised a form that stressed that I wont ask for cash and that they should never send cash to anyone so when I am dealing with a real player in the early stages I am at least educating them.

What upsets me is that agent lads know the hardship that living in Nigeria can be and yet they target them in this scam. Scum.

"What you can tell me now? Maybe Russian Mafia, Godzilla, Hitler, third World War
prevented you make a transfer?"
"You are not bigger than Almighty God.If You were created by God, then i command the charm you are using to fail.IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST OF NAZARETH. REKE MAMA LAKKAKULIMAKA." Barrister Aby
"fock yuuuuuuu" - Kevin Ezeh
"i hope u r real..bcos u r sounding like a joker now" - Day0
"If you have nothing to say or do, go f**k yourself." N4na

Ivory Coast
United States <- Fake dog adoption site

pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Dancing Banana

Mortar x20
Eight
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Talk about shitting on your own doorstep. Evil or Very Mad

United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Benin Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Nigeria France Benin

Avatar from sweethell ** www.ScamWarners.com - Victim warnings, support, advice & information ** Click here to donate to 419Eater.com
iMike
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's just been on the local news here - followed by another story of a couple selling a diamond ring on ebay - had a response from Nigeria, lad offering to buy the ring. Couple got a message supposedly from PayPal saying the payment would be released to them once the ring had been posted. Well, you know the rest....

I'd sentence them to 30 minutes in the Stretford End wearing a Liverpool shirt Evil or Very Mad

Closed lad accounts x2

"you have luke worm in your brain" - Ekaetta Bello
"invite me to your country and let me clearify your legitimacy asshole" - Mose5 Uzem3
"the transfer was not authorized due to my persistent double mind" - Clement Wank
"this is not the time to play planks" - Mack Anthony

WIFI PDA - post while you dump
SAY 'NO' TO GAS STORAGE!

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[FREE LAPHROAIG]</a>
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This really destroys the image that a lot of 419ers like to portray. That they are just scamming rich westerners to make up for years of exploitation, truth is that they couldn't give a monkeys who they scam. Most lads would rip off their own mothers if they had the opportunity.

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ yep.

They are villains, and consumate liars. They'd sell their own granny for a fast buck.

Juan Freizwidatt
Associate

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Rodus beat me to it. These stories just show that the common refrain of 'reparations for colonial imperialism' are just lame excuses. They'll happily steal from their brethren.

"HOW DOES IT SOUND TO YOU THAT ANOTHER PERSON IS DEALING WITH YOU AND ASK YOU TO CONTACT ANOTHER PERSON AND NOW YOU SAID THAT YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH THE OTHER PERSON WITHOUT THE KNOWING OF THE PERSON THAT ASK YOU TO CONTACT THE OTHER PERSON"

I apologize again that I will lick the dust from your sandals - Shorty

Sand Timer x4: Shorty
Safari x 16:
US lad w/Capone: ( Golden Pith ) Black Ribbon
- ATL>DC>ATL>Vegas>Seattle>ATL>San Diego>LA>ATL>Seattle>ATL>WY>ATL>Aspen>ATL (21K+ miles, $11K+ expenses)
Shorty w/bohigal:
- Lagos>Abidjan
Random lads:
- Douala>Korup; Lagos>Cotonou>Parakou; Cotonou>Niger border; Cotonou>Pendjari>jail in Tanguietta; Asaba>Abuja; Accra>Tamale
Purple Flower Goat Jack Boot Whip
Fryer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've got one lad that I've been dragging through the mud since May. Quit frankly I'm surprised he hasn't drop me yet for all I've put him through. He's really gone off on the American Imperialism thing the last couple of emails:

Quote:
God Hates America Pxxxxxx Sxxxx and if you fail what happened to Sodom and Gomorrah will happen to you

Followed up with:

Quote:
Just like the way God hates America that is the way I hates delay in transfer you have delayed this transfer for more then going to two months

If I thought it would have any impact on him at all, I'd burn him just so I could send him this story and ask him to explain how God feels about scammers such as himself.

guy nawaaa for you oooh
The Blackwood Con
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The ONLY time would ever advocate conning would be if the person getting conned seriously deserved it. If the mark was an assh*le who scammed his own workers out of money, by all means I he would have it coming to him.

For examples of what I mean, find episodes of the BBC drama "Hustle".

thanks for making a fool of me ok,you are just talking nonsense.man to hell with you if you keep fooling me all the time."
maybe i will come and lick your shoes just because you want to buy diamonds from me.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic