SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Kenneth Butler(Deceased)

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Revanche

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 10:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Okay, I read up on the 419 Eater site on BBC, thrilled to see that there was an open forum for organization for this. I've been following smaller one-person sites for over a year now.

Inspired, I went to my all-but-abandoned Yahoo! account to find one. Not even in my Spam folder, was the below e-mail. Obviously, this guy does know my name, but I decided to confuse the issue by shuttling him over to my 'accountant' and changing my name to 'Bob' in the process.

Here's the original e-mail:

Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 08:26:05 +0000
Subject: Kenneth Butler(Deceased)

Henry Madu chamber�s,
Lagos-Nigeria
Tel: 234-1-7756237.
Reply to alternative email: [email protected]

Dear Butler,

I am Barrister Henry Madu a lawyer. I am the personal attorney to Late
Mr. Kenneth Butler a national of your country, who used to work as a
contractor with crystal construction Company in Nigeria. Here in after
shall be referred to as my client.
On the 21st of April 1999, my client, his wife and their three children
were involved in a car accident along sagamu express road. All
occupants of the vehicle unfortunately lost their lives. Since then I have made
several enquiries to your embassy to locate any of my clients extended
relatives this has also proved unsuccessful. After these several
unsuccessful attempts, to locate any member of his family hence I contacted
you.

I am contacting you to assist in repatriating the
money and property left behind by my client before they get confiscated
or declared unserviceable by the bank where this huge deposit were
lodged.
Particularly, the bank where the deceased had an account valued at
about 10 million dollars has
issued me a notice to provide the next of kin or
have the account confiscated within the next ten
official working days.

Since I have been unsuccessful in locating the
relatives for over 4 years now I seek your consent to present you as
the next of kin of the deceased since you have the same last name, so
that the proceeds of this account valued at 10 million dollars can be
paid to you and then you and me can share the money. 60% to me and 40% to
you I have all necessary legal documents that can be used to back up
any claim we may make.All I require is your honest cooperation to enable
us see this deal through.
I guarantee that this will be executed under a
legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of the
law. Please get in touch with and send to me your telephone and fax
numbers to enable us discuss further about this transaction.

You can equally call me on the telephone number above or reply through
my alternative email address: [email protected]

Best regards,

Barrister Henry Madu.

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
CC: [email protected], [email protected]
Subject: Re: Kenneth Butler(Deceased).
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 21:33:47 -0700 (PDT)

Barrister Magu,

I was quite surprised to receive this e-mail. I knew my mother's sister
had a son that had broken away from the family at least 35 years ago
due to a marriage outside proper family requirements, and - as such -
was cut off from the family wealth. I didn't think his name was
Kenneth, but Kenny, but the name's similarity makes me wonder.

If this is my cousin (three times removed) and I also surprised, but
pleased, to learn that he re-acquired wealth of his own and the fact
that he was involved in Crystal Construction (which is a poverty
construction charity, if my memory serves me right) indicates to me
that he was a man of compassion and integrity.

Please be aware that I, myself, cannot and will not accept his funds.
Not only am I wealthy (through inheritance), but I cannot accept funds
from Kenny, since he is no longer considered a part of the family.
Plus, the fact that I am a federal judge of the United States and you
are a foreigner, it would appear that you might be offering me these
funds as a means of coercing a judgment for a case on my docket. As a
lawyer yourself, I'm positive you understand my point of view regarding
case law.

BUT, there is NO reason a bank of any flavor should just absorb 10
million dollars in profit due to inaction or bias of former family
members. For that reason, I am directing my personal accountant,
Phillip Mibunghol, to work with you in securing these funds and
locating a worthy charity with whom to donate the funds.

As I realize that you would stand to make 6 million dollars yourself
under your interpretation of the deal, I will have to insist that the
arrangements be modified so that the receiving charity recieves 70%,
with a 30% transaction goverance fee going to yourself. While the
difference is half of what you anticipated, 3 million dollars for
transferring funds and locating a suitable charity is *more* than fair.
If you cannot agree to this amount, then i will have to relinquish the
funds to the bank itself and wash my hands of the matter. I will not
squabble over funds that were never mine, and will not be.

I have already spoken with Mibunghol regarding my orders on this
matter. He can sign for me in all matters, as he has a standing General
Power of Attorney under my name. While Crystal Construction is an
option for *some* of the funds (after Mibunghol investigates them a bit
more), I'd like you to suggest a minimum of 10 local or national
charities that you have either worked with yourself or have charitable
feelings towards.

I only now received this disturbing e-mail today, as I was on vacation
in Flint (Michigan). I realize we only have seven days left to secure
the funds, so please contact Mibunghol as soon as possible.

One final condition: you must agree not to contact anyone else in the
Butler family or any Butler Enterprise companies. Likewise, please make
all contacts with Mibunghol ([email protected]) directly, never
identifying the situation to his secretaries or any employees. Due to
Kenny's reputation within the family, my working on his behalf would be
incredibly embarrassing and problematic.

I appreciate your initial contact with myself and hope that Mibunghol
and you can secure these funds promptly and with benefit to the needy
people in your local area.

Sincerely,
D. Bob Butler
Honorable Presiding Judge
173rd Federal District

The confusion I decided to throw into this was the 'fact' that Kenny Boy *was* my family, rather than just a similar name, as suggusted by the magu. Also, i found it hilarious that his name was so similar to 'magu' that I decided to go with that, and will stick with it (for the time being).

As for my accountant's name, I pulled Phillip Hisdick from a web site of funny names, but realized Mibunghol had a lot better photo potential, plus the comedic factor of reading letters regarding 'Mibunghol.'

Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 08:16:20 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Further Details.

Philip Mibunghol,

I am in full receipt of the email send to me by Mr. Bob Butler in response to my earlier proposal. I have read through all that he said and I quite understand, accept and appreciate the contents therein.

I understand that he has authorised you to handle this matter on his behalf do to some reasons which I understand. Let me brief you on the modalities of the transaction that we have before us. First of all, I shall require you to forward to me your confidential fax number where I will send you the Death Certificate of late Kenneth Butler for your own personal records.
I shall also require your personal authorization to enable me proceed to the Federal High Court here to swear and secure an Affidavit of claim as next of kin on your behalf. I will also send you a copy of the Affidavit by fax.

I shall then send to you by email, a text of the application which you are required to forward to the bank officially for the transfer of the account of Kenneth Butler into the bank account that you will nominate. You will be required to attach the Death Certificate and the Affidavit when sending the application to the bank.

Finally, I want to have your personal guarantee that when the funds are transfered to you, you will not sit on my own part of the money.

You can call my direct telephone number: +234 1 7756237 for further clarification and directives.

Awaiting your urgent response.

Best regards,

Barr. Henry Madu.

I have to admit I was surprised by both the response time and the well-worded English. I'm gonna have to scramble to set up an eFax number, because I'm dying to see this death certificate. It has also been recommended to me that I get copies of his law school degree and bar results.

I'm seeking advice on what to do if he wants money for transaction handling. I'm thinking of playing to the need to distance myself from any financial 'ties' to Kenny's money, by offering him a larger stake in the profits, if he pays all 'fees.'

Any ideas?
Revanche

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 12:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: Further Details.
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 20:27:59 -0400

Honorable Barrister Madu,

I am simply one employee of many working for the Honorable Judge Butler. As you and he are both persons of distinction, I will always apply the honorific of �Honorable� when referring to both of you, and would appreciate any mention by you of him to refer to him as �the Honorable Judge Butler� or �his Honor.�

In my case, due to the differences in our station, please feel free to refer to me simply as �Mibunghol.� It is not a slight and it will help me keep my place, in regards to our business together. I should always be beneath you, passing whatever you take in.

The following is my fax number: 1-720-533-2304. As the Honorable Judge Butler prefers to keep this matter private from both his family and employees, please make every effort to disguise the intent of the e-mail with a misleading cover sheet. This is very important, sir! My suggestion would be to use your name, return number, etc, but address it to me as such:

�To: Phillip Mibunghol, Special Projects Accountant
Subj: Special Offer for Deese Nuts for Maya Sveetybals

Text: Mibunghol, regarding Sveetybals�s request for additional supplies, please review the enclosed offer for Deese Nuts. I am more than willing to provide Deese Nuts on a continuous basis for use by Sveetybals, and think that you will find the offered price to be fair and reasonable.

Please contact me with your response soonest.�

My secretaries know not to read thru any fax traffic that arrives in the outer office and will deliver the remaining printouts undisturbed.

The Honorable Judge Butler is pleased that you will be sending the death certificate for Kenny Butler, and requests that you send the certificates for his wife and children, as well. He feels that I could probably locate her extended family, which could possibly come in handy in regards to any issues of claimancy through marriage. Of course, I�m certain that the Honorable Judge Butler is also interested in determining the facts of the former Mr. Butler�s last 35 years (post familial exclusion).

I will also need copies of your law school graduate degree, school grade transcripts and Law Bar certificate, for tax purposes. I am setting up a special tax shelter company to handle this affair and need documentation of all overseas employees.

Lastly, PLEASE keep track of any expenditures you make in regards to the forthcoming transactions and forward them onto me as you incur them. This includes the charges for long distance faxes, internet time, bank fees, governmental taxes, etc. The Honorable Judge Butler has been very clear that he doesn�t want you to permanently assume any of the costs for the efforts you are involved in, and will re-imburse you upon completion of the donation to our chosen charity (or charities). Again, please let me know what the costs are, as you incur/pay for them.

To address your concerns: I will not have any personal control of this forthcoming money. Ideally, the money will remain in your hands at all times (to reduce the opportunity for both the countries of Nigeria and the US from charging income taxes), until you deposit it the account set up for our chosen charity. The Honorable Judge Butler, of course, would prefer not to have any of this money funneled through any accounts with his name on it (for obvious reasons). While 10 million dollars is a pittance in comparison to the Butler family holdings, the US government would surely take notice of it and that notice would likely involve other Butler family members.

To conclude, I should be receiving the following documents from you shortly:

Death Certificate, Butler, Kenneth G (no period)
Death Certificate, Butler, (wife�s name, please include maiden name)
Death Certificate, Butler (children�s� names x3)
Federal High Court Affidavit
Law school graduate degree
Law school grade transcripts
Law Bar certificate

If you would, please also send the bank application you referenced in the previous e-mail. What bank currently holds the funds?

It is after 8pm here in Flint. I am in the Honorable Judge Butler�s trailing party right now, so am wrapping up his vacation business in our Flint office, before traveling onto Denver (where your fax should be awaiting me).

I am at your disposal, Honorable Madu.

Your servant,
Mibunghol

P. Mibunghol
Special Projects Accountant
Butelf Industries, Inc.
101 Butelf Lane
Box 251522-1921311
Denver, CO 80212

C: 720-267-1881
F: 720-533-2304
Revanche

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 7:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Subject: My position.
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 14:03:59 +0000

Attn: Mibunghol,

I appreciate your due diligence in the matter of the transfer of the account of Kenneth Butler. I sincerely hope that His Honour will appreciate the position I have proposed in the matter. It must be understood that we are talking about the inheritance of Kenneth Butler. I therefore, suggest that we limit our actions and dealings to the issues relating only to the aforementioned funds in the account of Kenneth Butler.

I have already secured an affidavit of claim as next of kin establishing you as the beneficiary next of kin to late kenneth butler. I am faxing it alongside the death certificate of the Buttlers, who were victims of the accident. These other documents are not relevant to the transaction, because it was Kenneth Butler that deposited funds in the bank(and not the others); and Kenneth Butler did not name any executor to his account in his file before his death. It was in my capacity to exclusively provide anybody of my choice to stand in claim for the account(An order of Mandamus was issued to that effect).

I am not able(alone) to take care of all the costs that will be incurred during the course of the transaction. That was why I contacted the Honourable Judge Bob Butler, who will assist me with the costs required to complete the transfer of the fund.
I have accepted His Honour's position for me to take 30% of the funds, conditional upon his acceptance to assist with the costs, which shall be re-imbursed after the funds have been transfered.

Having secured the necessary documents to facilitate the claim, I will then advise that you apply officially to the bank holding the account so that the process of the transfer will be initiated.The text of the application follows after this email.
The bank will advise you on the pre-transfer charges. You must be cognisant of the time limit within which we have to conclude this transaction.

You can call my direct telephone +234-1-7756237 for further discussions.

My sincere regards to the Honourable Judge Bob Butler.

Best regards,

Barr. Henry Madu.
Revanche

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 7:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

He then faxed me the following three death certificates (which seem to be error free: the certificate serial numbers don't repeat and are linear, though there might be a case of some cut & paste going on).

Last edited by Revanche on Thu Jul 22, 2004 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Revanche

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Subject: Test of the application.
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 15:28:07 +0000

Philip Mibunghol,
I just sent you the fax copies.Below is a text of the application, which you are required to send to the bank now.

THE FINANCIAL CONTROLLER,
CREST MERCHANT BANK PLC,
181 ADEOLA HOPEWELL STREET, VICTORIA ISLAND.
LAGOS-NIGERIA.
FAX: 234-1-7597533

SIR,

TRANSFER OF THE ESTATE OF KENNETH BUTLER(DECEASED). ACCOUNTNUMBER:CRB0010023, VALUED AT USD10,000,000.00

I WISH TO APPLY FOR THE TRANSFER OF THE ESTATE OF LATE KENNETH BUTLER, WHO DIED IN AN AUTO ACCIDENT ON APRIL 21, 1999.THE VALUE OF THE ESTATE IS US$10,000,000.00(TEN MILLION UNITED STATES DOLLARS ONLY), HELD BY YOUR BANK IN ACCOUNT NUMBER:CRB0010023.

I MAKE THIS APPLICATION AS THE APPOINTED BENEFICIARY NEXT OF KIN TO LATE KENNETH BUTLER AND SOLE LEGAL EXECUTOR TO HIS ESTATE. ATTACHED IS A COPY OF AFFIDAVIT OF CLAIM AS NEXT OF KIN SECURED FROM THE FEDERAL HIGH COURT, IKOYI, LAGOS.
THE TOTAL VALUE OF US$10M SHOULD BE TRANSFERRED TO THE FOLLOWING BANK ACCOUNT DETAILS:

NAME OF BANK:..............................
ADDRESS OF BANK:...........................
ACCOUNT NUMBER:............................
BENEFICIARY:...............................

I SHALL GIVE MY FULL CO-OPERATION TO YOU IN THE PROCESS OF THE TRANSFER.

I EXPECT YOUR KIND CO-OPERATION.

YOURS FAITHFULLY,

PHILIP MIBUNGHOL.

n/b:
You will type the application out on your letterhead and send it to the bank at fax number indicated above. Then attaching a copy of the affidavit which I secured on your behalf from the federal high court.

Thank you.

Barr.Henry Madu.

The website was obviously fake. I googled Crest Merchant bank and found reference to a Hillcrest Merchant bank, that was bought by UTB. I'm toying with the idea of telling him that the fax number did not work and when I went to the site, a virus warning popped up. That 'made' me research the
bank to discover that it had been bought out (true) by UTB and that was who I sent the fax to, but with Muna's local contact info.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic