SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

My Lad has breakfast & tries to meet me in Accra

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
dh_mac
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This was an interesting bait for me where I learned (and reaffirmed) some of my tactics.

I am getting better at this. I had a mobile phone that was free to receive calls which assisted me enormously. (for people reading in North America.. the rest of the world have mobile/ cell phones that DO NOT cost the receiver <me> to answer calls..)

The list of idiots in this cast are:

S@lley J3sse - she's a well meaning but sometimes forgetful older lady who lives in fantastic High Wycombe in the year but loves to holiday in South Africa during the winter.
She hasn't got alot of money- but stumbles upon this too-good-to- be-true offer. Trouble is, there never was a solid promise of whats in it for her from the Lad. Which is scary.

R0derick Brien - supposedly the bank manger of 3coBank Ghanna. We never could find the office though.

A cameo appearance from a helpful S1dney Harbour, Attorney at Law specializing in ex-pats, foreigners visa's and so on. He worked tirelessly on our characters last minute visa application via HM High Commission.

And to be duley noted: there were about 10 phone calls that my mark made to me inquiring on how the ticket purchase was coming along and when my character could be arriving in the country. I also made certain to remind him that I was emailing him the minute I knew.. usually around 3 - 4 am his time. That was worth it alone in the bait.

So we begin:
Quote:

Jan 14

Good day,

My Name is Dr.R0derick O'Brien, I am the regional manager of the 3co Bank Ghana
Silver Star Tower Branch Accra Ghana.

I got your information during my search through the Internet. I am 44 years of age and married with 3 lovely kids.

It may interest you to hear that I am a man of PEACE and don't want problem,I only hope we can assist each other. If you don't want this business offer kindly forget it as I will not contact you again.

I have packaged a financial transaction that will benefit both of us, as the regional manager of the Eco Bank of Ghana; it is my duty to send in a financial report to my head office in the capital city Accra at the end of each year.

On the course of the last two years 2005 end of year report, I discovered that my branch in which I am the manager made Ten million seven hundred fifty thousand dollars (10,750.000.00) which my head office are not aware of and will never be aware of.

I have since place this fund on what we call SUSPENSE ACCOUNT..what the Hell is that?? without any beneficiary.

As an officer of the bank I can not be directly connected to this money, so this informed my contacting you for us to work so that you can assist receive this money into your bank account for us to SHARE. While you will have 30% of the total fund.

Note there are practically no risk involved, it will be bank to bank transfer, all I need from you is to stand claim as the original depositor of this fund who made the deposit with our branch so that my Head office can order the transfer to your designated bank account.

If you accept this offer to work with me, I will appreciate it very much. As soon as I receive your response I will details you on how we can achieve it successfully. Awaiting for your soonest response Via my E-mail address:[email protected]

Best regards,

Dr.R0derick O'Brien.
Branch Manager

Well.. what a great chance to pay some bills. But 30% of what??
Quote:

Dr R O'brian -

Please continue to tell me about this Suspense Account and how I may be involved. I am committed to completing this transaction and am eager to proceed further.Please contact me and direct me in which what you wish to do..

Please do not hesitate to contact me as I am interested in this procedure

S@lley Jesse

He writes me another scripted letter. I reply:

Jan 16th
Quote:

Dear Mr Brien -

This sounds very good and am eager to continue.

Why would I only receive 30%? I would be willing to involve more for more risk..

Please get back to me..

Regards- S@lley Jesse

Jan 24
Quote:

Attn:S@lly Jesse,

I thank you once again for your immediate reply, also I appreciate your interest and willingness to help me actualize this transaction.

In the area of percentage,frankly i can only offer you only 30% of the whole money after it is transfered into your account but you will have to assure me that you will help me handle my 70% of the fund in a very good investment until i resign from my office.

Responding to your mail, I wish to let you know that this is a bank-to-bank transfer, I also want you to know that the management of my bank must not know that I'm involved in this transaction.

I contacted you so that we can work together with oneness and with your full co-operation the fund will be released on your
name.

I'm very good and honest person,also I want you to be rest assured as I will not indulge my self in any illicit activities. ohhh..well thats good. I guess I can believe you then!! To clarify you more on the source of the fund,the said fund is the Excess profit that was made for the year 2005 at the closing balance of my bank last three years.

I have kept this fund in an escrow call account until this date,also there have being no trace about the fund which was deposited in my branch, i have now decided to transfer the fund out of Ghana for our own benefit.

I wish to inform you that the transaction has been packaged in a professional way to benefit the both of us involved.

All I require from you is your maximum co-operation as the fund is to be transferred telegraphically from our Head office situated at the Capital City of Accra Ghana.

I only require the following informations from you so we can proceed:

1; Home and office address:
2: Occupation:
3: Age and your country of Nationality:
4: Your Full Name:
5: Your Tel & Fax Number's:
6: Your International Passport:

All the above informations of yours will be programmed in the network computer database processing system in my branch as a foreign investor who deposited the said fund in my branch.

I will also guide you, as you will apply from our Head office where the fund will be further transferred to your designated bank account.

Immediately I received the above informations of yours, i will prepare a back dated Initial deposit slip on your name, as my
head office might request for such document at the process of transferring the fund to your bank account.

What do you think about this? I will like you to come to Ghana so there will be no room for doubts or mistrust in this transaction that we will be going through.

My reasons are because i want you to come to Ghana and see how the whole process goes so you will know that this is legitimate and not scam as fraudulent activities are rapid in the world today,so you think about this and let me know when you will be able to travel down to Ghana and finalize this deal with me and my head office.

All you will need to do is just to buy your ticket,i will take care of your visa.Feel free to call me if you need any urgent discussion further on this matter.+23324541xxxx

Once again thanks for your concern,i await to read from you soon.

Best regards,
Mr.R0derick Brien,
Branch Manager.
Eco Bank Ghana

Jan 25th
Quote:

Dear Mr Brien -

You sound like a genuine business man and I appreciate that.This all sounds legitimate and good and I can see that you mean business.

But frankly, 30% is just not enough for me to do interest. I have a situation where I am employing the services of a partner in Kimberly, South Africa in the next few days. I will be able to travel, even though I have never been to Ghana. I really do not know much about the country, although Africa is beautiful.

Thank you for your offer - I feel at this time I have the ABSA bank account in place to assist you, but 30% is just not worth
it for me.

Thanks -

S@lley Jesse

I thought by dropping in the Diamond word this may pique his interest. Just fishin' here I suppose..

...later that day I hear from my future banker:
Quote:

Thanks for your mail.

The percentage issue is alright as 30% of 10,750,000 USD is a lot of money. All i want you to do now is to provide me information stated below so i can make arrangement for your trip down to Ghana to finalize the transaction.

I only require the following informations from you so we can proceed:

Remember to include a scan picture of your international passport which i will use in getting you a visa in Ghana.

As soon as i hear from you i will proceed immediately.Feel free to call me on my mobile number.

Best regards,
Mr.R0derick Brien,
Branch Manager.
Eco Bank Ghana.

I decide to give it a day and put this together..
Quote:

Mr R Brien-

Well.. the $10 750 000 is alot of money - but the 30% is the principle of the deal. You seem serious as a business man and I have no reason not to trust you. But I deal with business everyday and I just cannot be excited for 30%.

What are the details of meeting in Africa.. I could be decided to make a visit as we could discuss this further. What is the issue with your telephone number? It does not seem to be working..

Regards-
S@lley Jesse

So he fires back in agreement:
Quote:

Thanks for your mail.

I agree to your opinion and we will proceed immediately without further delay.

You have to dial my number this way +23324541xxxx,it could be network,so try it again not withstanding i would have called you if i have your number. ohhh you'll get my number in due course mugu sh*te..

All i want you to do now is to provide me information stated below so i can make arrangement for your trip down to Ghana to finalize the transaction.

Once i recieve your informations in your next mail, i will get you a entry permit to Ghana,just let me know when you are willing to come.

Remember to include a scan picture of your international passport which i will use in getting you a visa in Ghana. As soon as i hear from you i will proceed immediately.

Feel free to call me on my mobile number.

Best regards,
Mr.R0derick Brien,
Branch Manager.
Eco Bank Ghana

Another day goes by.. don't want to seem too eager:
Quote:

Mr Brien-

Very good. You seem to be a man of your word and can see that this could be a viable relationship. I believe that you have genuine interests in this.

You can contact me at (27) 74 - 540 - xxxx. I am presently traveling in Kimberly and have some business to do with loose diamonds. I am sure, being that you are a professional, that we need to be private about these affairs.

I am having difficulty with my credentials but will be able to forward you the details once I am in front of a proper computer. I have no scanner nor printer here.

Thank you for your consideration-

S@lley

He soon replies:
Quote:

Thanks for your last email.

As you commented in your mail,i want you to forward me the necessary information i need to enable me get you an entry permit to Ghana.

Kindly get back to me soon so we can proceed with this transaction as i have a very limited time now.I will call you.

Best regards,

Mr.R0derick Brien,
Branch Manager.
Eco Bank Ghana

Well.. good. He's off script.

Jan 28th I return..
Quote:

Mr R Brien -

Thank you for discussing with me the options you provided yesterday. As I mentioned to you - I have never done this before and believe you that this is genuine. I guess that I do not have any reason not to trust you. You seem to be a good friend to have assisting me with this Mr Brien.

You said that I should forward the information for entry into Ghana. I will call the travel agent this afternoon and look into a ticket.. certainly it couldn't be that much. I do not have my passport as I am currently applying for an update.There is alot of security says the government so I imagine this takes time.

I think I have done a good job putting the copy to this mail- I was at the post office and they assisted me so kindly with a scan of my drivers licence.

I look forward to your reply with this account we talked about.

Salley Jesse

...I enclosed a nasty renamed file that won't open unless you have the latest version of a Commodore64!

Mugu replies all excited:
Quote:

Thanks for your email.

How are you doing today?hope great and healthy.

I tried calling you on phone this morning while in office upon reading your mail but couldn't get through severally.

The scan document you sent to me is not well attached and i found it difficult to view, .. really? - are you running the latest Win95??.. so you will have to attach it again and send to me.

Also let me know once you get a visa to Ghana,if you need a invitation letter you let me know,thou it will not be necessary
as the ongoing African cup of Nations tournament in Ghana will make it easier for any body outside Ghana to get visa fast enough to enter Ghana.

I will wait to read from you so we can commence with other arrangement. Kindly reconfirm this stated informations below for me:

1.Your full name and address.
2.Your Nationality.
3.Age and occupation

Feel free to call me any time during and after banking hours as you are my team mate now.

Finally i want the both of us to join efforts together and see to it that this transaction is sorted out without further delay.

Best regards,

Mr.R0derick Brien

Wow.. I'm his 'team mate' now. Honored.

Jan 30th I send him the latest:
Quote:

Dear Mr R Brien-

Thank you once again helping me with this. I appreciate you as a kind friend in assisting me with this. I simply would not be able to go ahead with this with out you professional banking opinion. You certainly are a man of your word.

Now.. I was at the travel office and at first I did not know where Ghana was. It turns out the ticket is almost 825 Euro. Now I do have some money saved and I know that coming to the country of Ghana is important, but I must think about this for a moment and see what my schedule is about.

I am actually retired and sadly - my husband died about one and half years ago. He left me this big old house which I so appreciate. It is out in the country and I have just a short drive to town where I can pick up things in the shops and have a few friends.

But more or less Mr Brien my life is with the simple pleasures in things.The travel agent, a Miss C Rhodes, was most helpful in putting an itinerary together for me which had me stop in a city called Accra. Is that anywhere you are?

Can you tell me about this Visa procedure. You said that it is possible for me to apply and I really do not know much about that?

I used to love traveling in the 1950's via steamship. Cruising through parts of Egypt.. down the Nile. Into sub saharan Africa. The beauty of the landscape. I am sure that many things have changed over the years. I am also returning to Greece where I have had a villa along the island of Rhodes where I travel each year. It is such a beautiful place.

I will be in a better position to send the email with my drivers licence tomorrow. I am also contacting the government office which is taking care of my passport in which I expect over the next few weeks. This would allow me to travel sooner.

Tell me if this is the right thing to do Mr Brien. I would so appreciate your input.

Best regards - and thanks for your professional advice as a banker.

S@lley Jesse

PS - you were asking about my Name - it is S@lley N@ncy Drew J3sse at 1_3 T_rwilligar Close High Wycomb_ UK. My Nationality is British but I am living in Cape Town for the next 3 months. I am 64 years old and retired. My drivers licence is Class 2C and the number is 2395756-xx978

I intentionally layed it on a little thick as I wanted to show some credibility and that this old bird hasn't much at home anymore. She could go anywhere she wants if she just watched how she spent her pension.

Idiot-boy writes back....
Quote:

Thanks for your email.

Hope you are doing great today? You are following it through the right way.

Where you are coming is the capital of Ghana Accra,and that is where i have my office.Let me know as soon you get your ticket and your visa so i can get other arrangement done.

Once again it is my pleasure to work with you. Please call me whenever you send email to me so i can attend to it immediately.God have blessed us.

Best regards,
Mr.R0derick Brien

My reply:
Quote:

Mr Brien-

What do I need to know about the Visa to travel to Ghana??

Should I go ahead and put a deposit on my Meastro Card and book the holiday? I do not mind spending the money but I hope that you can arrange a meeting for us as I have not been to Accra before.

Where would I stay? Do you know where I could stay in a nice hotel with nice drinks and maybe a pool to swim in? What is the weather like there?

This is so exciting.. I will contact my travel person and see what the exact schedule could be.Please call me back or email me with the details of the visa for the country of Accra.

Thank you so much for assisting me with this - you are a true friend.

S@lley

I'm making it sound like we're working together and that we are becoming friends. I like this technique and keeps them believing this is sincere.

Jan 30th He writes back...
Quote:

All you have to do is just to apply for a visa to Ghana,Accra.

Right now there is an ongoing tournament in Ghana, African Cup of nations being host by Ghana,you tell your agent or the embassy there that you want to come and watch the foot ball match,with that it will be easier and faster for you to get your visa.

When you arrive in Accra,Ghana,you will stay in a good and safe hotel until the transaction is over,hopefully it will not take us more than 4 working days to finalize the transaction.

The weather here is very cold now,you will enjoy your stay. Once you get your visa and ticket you let me know immediately.

God have blessed us.

Best regards,

Mr.R0derick Brien
Cold?? I think that his 'cold' and my 'cold' are a little bit different.

Marvinator comes through with a convincing flight schedule with South African Airways. I email him the attachment:
Quote:

Dear Mr Brien -

I just received a garbelled telephone call.. was that you calling.I am sorry if it was you but I could not understand as I was driving. I do not get out alot and must concentrate my efforts whilst driving the automobile. Pretty dangerous operating a mobile phone whilst driving I always say.

I have just spoken to the travel agent and am tentatively arriving in Accra on February 8th early in the morning. It is via a country but I cannot find any direct flights. I am at the internet shop in town and had the nice boy who works here attach my flight schedule. If it looks alright to you I will give a telephone call and pay for the ticket tonight.

Can you tell me that if I am to come to Ghana, could you arrange a hotel for me? Nothing fancy .. just tidy and perhaps with a nice view. As I have never been there before -can you arrange something for a hotel.Perhaps pass my telephone number onto them .. do have them call me.Geesus..I would hope thats the least you could do for this transaction..

Tell me Mr Brien- as I see that you are a trusted business man.. what will we be doing once I arrive? Is there a series of bank transactions to go through? What would one expect? I have booked 3 days away and the ticket cost just over 940 Euro including tax.

Well.. thank you for the invite and hopefully you can tell me about the banking more in the next day or so. If you do call Saturday, I may be out of reach. But please email me at the address of mine that you have.

Best regards R0derick.. I so do look forward to meeting you.

This part of the bait really bothers me. I have asked him straight out what we'd be doing over these 4 days. It is supposed to be opening a bank account. He has not once said that we'd go see the sights nor has he insisted on a fine hotel.It really makes me believe that this Mugu would pick her up in Accra- roll her - and drop her off into the jungle. This guy is a real POS.

He writes after me having a garbled mobile conversation:
Quote:

Attn:Sally Jesse,

Thanks for the telephone conversion this afternoon.

You have done perfectly well and i am very happy with you. < he seems convinced and certain.. > Once you arrive Accra Ghana,you will be in a very good and reserved hotel then we will work out every other things that follows asap opening an account on your name in my bank and transferring of the money gradually into the account you will provide to my head office.

There is something else i need to let you know but i will call you to explain some procedure to you now.

God have blessed us.

Best regards,
Mr.R0derick Brien

Well the phone calls seem to really seal the deal. I thought about pushing it about him faxing me the receipt for the hotel, but that was hard to justify as my character was mobile, holidaying in another country. I didn't want the Lad to wisen up and have me suggest that he fax the details to a real Travel Agent in Cape Town.

Feb 1st
Quote:

R0derick -

Thank you so much for arranging the hotel for me as we spoke about that earlier. Like I stated.. nothing too luxourious perhaps with a pool.

You mentioned that you were asking about how much I would be willing to pay for the hotel. Pardon for me asking, but I was under the impression that the bank would be paying for my accommodation. Please let me know otherwise if this is not the case.

I would imagine all of the business that you do with customers and clients, that this would not be an unusual request.

Also - do you have access for a Visa application to travel to Ghanna? If so- I would most appreciate it if you could send it to me via email right away. I am to pick up my passport at the consulate on Monday and hope to not have any problems. But I am certain it will work out.

I will send my itinerary as soon as I can have the paper copied.

Best Regards- you're friend,

S@lley

He replies:
Quote:

S@lly,

Thanks for your email. The hotel expenses have to be paid by you. An average hotel costs about $80-$130 per night. .. WHAT?? .. really?!

I shall send you an invitation with which you will apply for your visa but that will be as soon as i receive your passport copy.

Scan and send me your passport as soon as you collect it on Monday so that i can arrange to send you the invitation letter.

I will call you on phone if the need arises. Thank you.

R0derick

EDIT: for the usual change of quote formats, etc

"..SCAN ME THE BANK RECEIPT AGAIN AND MAKE SURE YOU SCAN IT PROPERLY SO THAT IT CAN BE SEEINGABLE." Mr_Berkley

"...WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO UNH, TO KILL MY SELF BECAUSE OF A PARCKAGE.." Androse V1ncent-another satisfied customer of ParcelDirect

"..I AM TOTALY DISAPONTED THE WAY YOU ARE TAKING THIS TRANSACTION ...IF I HAVE KNEW YOU ARE GOING TO TAKE THIS TRANSACTRION THIS WAY ..I WIL NOT CONTACT YOU FOR THE FIRST TIME"-DR_Usman

Russia United States

Last edited by dh_mac on Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:25 am; edited 1 time in total
dh_mac
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Me paying for the hotel room?.. well thats outta' the question:
Quote:

Dear Mr Brien-

I am a little confused.. from what you wrote, do I understand that you expect me to pay for the hotel expenses?

I find that to be a little out of the ordinary, considering that I plan to make the trip during the hight of the football season. The cost of the flight for me going to be over 900 Euro.

Could we not arrange for something else. I would certainly hope that you or your bank could pay for that cost.

I have enclosed my flight itinerary from Harvey Travel.

Please, let me know about the hotel arrangements and the invitation for the Visa

Best regards-

S@lley

Feb 3rd Its absolutely true about keeping your Lad interested. They all know football:
Quote:

Thanks for your good update very interesting.

Firstly i must comment on our football tournament today,which we were victorious 2 goals to 1 against our opponent as we have qualified for the semi-final... big f**kin whoop!.. Like i told you before,the hotel is not a problem,once you are pick up from the airport upon arrival you will proceed to the hotel.

After your shower and rest,we will sit down to discuss how to proceed as i will guide you to avoid any unnecessary mistake.

The transaction will not exceed more than 3-4 working days.

Go ahead and pay for your ticket as it is ok,you can see we have taken much time in this transaction.

Once you are in Ghana,every transaction will effect faster as you the beneficiary of the money is available,and you have to
be very smart with your conversation with the bank officials. ..so you'll be struggling then??..

Always feel free to call me at my direct mobile +23324541xxxx

God have blessed us.

Best regards,

Mr.R0derick Brien

He's really into the Passport - naaa huh!!
Quote:

Thanks for your good update.

Once you send you passport,then we can proceed as some informations on your passport are needed to fill the entry permit
form. It is something you can fill very well.

Call me let talk on phone for further explianation and aadvice +23324541xxxx

God have blessed us.
Best regards,

Mr.R0derick Brien

What a chump.

Well.. there was a renamed .dll file and an authentic copy of the Ghanna visa application I pulled of the net. Great resource
by-the-way.I send him the .pdf with him fully expecting him to complete it..
Quote:

R0derick

Can you help me completing the Visa application. I sent it to you yesterday. The flights with SAA are all now booked until
next weekend at the earliest. Maybe because of the football match?

I enclosed a copy of my passport..

S@lley

There ya go. You finally got a copy of the passport.

Feb 7th.. this bait is totally off script and he may be thinking that I may travel..
Quote:

Thanks for your mail.

Please you have to scan and send your international passport as you didn't include it in your last mail. Waiting to read from you.

Also let me know what is wrong with your phone number for some days now,i have never being able to get through to you on phone.

Best regards,

Mr.R0derick Brien

What?? Can't open it? Hmmmm...

Note: So this is when I leave the country in RL.. a shame; I tried to forward my phone so I could have some luck with K7 but it didn't work out. I write to him pretending that I am getting ready to leave for Accra and making trips to the big city to sort out the flight ticket and other things:
Quote:

Dear Roderick -

I believe that I have lost my mobile phone as I think that I left it at my friends home in Stellenbosch last weekend. I am sorry and endevouring to get a new contact number. I am not here much longer anyway and hope to be in Ghanna.

Can you make a copy of the application that I sent to you right away. The Visa is depending on it. I have submitted my passport to the High commission with my ticket and need your signature so I can get he Visa.
Looking forward to hearing from you -

S@lley

I would've really hoped that he would have this completed and returned. I was loosing a little faith that he thought that I would show up in Accra. After all, the flight ticket depends on it.

Feb 10th.. hmmm- a new email address with a weak excuse:
Quote:

Thanks for your last mail.

How are you doing today?hope you are doing great.
I have to write you from my PC at home.
Please you have to scan and send your international passport as you didn't include it in your last mail. Also let me know what is wrong with your phone number for some days now,i have never being able to get through to you on phone.

If you have another number i can reach you,kindly send to me.
Waiting to read from you soon. Kindly give me a call as soon as you receive this mail.

Best regards,

Mr.R0derick Brien

I made up some BS that I'm trying to do good by reaching him.
Quote:

Roderick -

I told you that I have misplaced my phone.Why do you not answer your phone? The number I called did not even ring.

I need to send the Visa for Ghana to the consulate. Once you fill it out and send it to me, the sooner I can apply and get
you a copy of the passport. Did you not read in the last email that I have submitted it to the High Commission for my Visa??

Regards-

S@lley

Now he's squirming about filling in a RL official form. This is one of many that I have tried to get him to complete..
Quote:
Thanks for your mail.

Sorry that i didn't pock your call,maybe i wasn't close to my phone.

In regards to the Ghana Visa application,it is something that we need your informations to fill as informations that are needed there are informations of yours and i believe i don't have those informations with me so there is no way i can fill the form on your behalf.

All you have to do is to fill it and whatever question that is confusing to you,you give me a call,we can do it through the
phone.

Kindly note that your date of arrival is Friday this week,so whatever you are doing have to be fast. Kindly give me a call as soon as you receive this mail.

Best regards,

Mr.R0derick Brien

What an idiot. Just fill out the G.D. form will ya??

Now I'm using some leverage from the Travel Company that I must have the Visa application completed in order to buy the ticket. In hindsight, by leaving the ticket purchase to the last minute- I think that it added some genuine feeling that I was trying to visit him in Accra. I write him again..
Quote:

The itinerary that I sent you was only a quote for travel. I have not paid for the ticket until I get the Visa which you have completed. Once I get this I should have my ticket for the next week.

The parts of the Visa I need completed on your behalf is the following:

Point 7 - Names and addresses of Two References in Ghana

Please write that information out and scan it back to me. Once I have this completed I will be able to tell you my dates for my arrival.

Please do so right away as my passport is still waiting at the high commission.

S@lley

Feb 11th Been with him now over 3 weeks. The timing and pace seems alright..

So .. he provided some names of Sponsors for the trip. But hasn't sent any type of form..Lazy Mugu
Quote:

Thanks for your mail.

In regards to the information you need is stated below:

Point 7 - Names and addresses of Two References in Ghana:

1.Name:Mr.Koffi Badoo.
Address:Pagan Rd, Opera Bldg, P.O.B. 1463 - Accra, Ghana.

2.Name:Mr.Larry Annam
Address:29 North Industrial Area, P.O.B. 350 - Accra, Ghana.

Have a nice day and kindly give me a number that i can use to reach you.

Best regards,

Mr.R0derick Brien

How much clearer must I be?? I was afraid of loosin him at this moment..but gambled.. and it paid off:
Quote:

Roderick-

I was hoping that you would send me the information on the form I sent you??

Please.. write the information down on the FORM. I need to SUBMIT the FORM to the High Comision in London. They MUST have the origional from the sponsor. That is why I sent it to you.

Please dear, I want to get the Visa so I can purchase the ticket.

S@lley

Feb 14th

Well.. he didn't fill out the form, but he did read his mail carefully:
Quote:

Thanks for your mail.

In regards to the information you need is stated below:

I have helped you with the questions,so all you have to do is to fill it in in the form and send to them.

Question 1: Is all about you as you have to fill it in yourself.

Question 2:Is also all about you.

Question 3:Is also about you.

Question 4:You will be staying only 3-4 days so it depends on your date of arrival.

Question 5: Air
Question6:Visit

Question 7:
1.Name:Mr.Koffi Badoo.
Address:Pagan Rd, Opera Bldg, P.O.B. 1463 - Accra, Ghana.

2.Name:Mr.Larry Annam
Address:29 North Industrial Area, P.O.B. 350 - Accra, Ghana.

Question 8: For Visit.

Question 9: 3/4 days/ single visa.

Question 10:Have not visit before.

Question 11:Your signature and date of application.

Question 12: for official use so you leave that question blank.

Await to read from you soon with update.

Have a nice day and kindly give me a number that i can use to reach you.

Call me.

Best regards,

Mr.R0derick Brien

I pasted a 'new' travel itinerary that had RL flight schedules. I think that he's actually fairly well educated from his command of English.. so hopefully that would pacify him:
Quote:

Dear R0derick --

I just wanted to let you know that I am awaiting the visa application from you.

I went to the Travel Agent yesterday and he has given me a new itinerary as the formal travel times will obviously not work.I have tried to paste them in this email below.

I was wondering if you have any details of the Hotel as I also need them for the Passport office. I guess there is some condition that they know where I am staying..

Please get back to me - I do not want to loose this opportunity to open this account and met you.. Looking forward to hearing from you-

S@lley
Quote:

Thanks for your mail.

Since you said you like a hotel in a cool place,you will be staying in La palm Royal Beach Hotel,Ghana. Once again try and call me.

Best regards,

Mr.R0derick Brien

Ok.. so he's familiar with one of the Top hotels in the area. Thanks so much for the few who pointed me to the G0lden Tulip in Accra with floor layouts and other suggestions.

Feb 16th... I had asked him previously if 5000 Pounds Stirling or US dollars would be enough to travel to Ghanna with. Mugu replies:
Quote:

Thanks for your mail.

You have done very well and i am so impress with all your efforts .. well.. he seems convinced.. You can spend any kind of currency here in Ghana,British pound sterlings,dollars etc. As you asked, $5000 USD will be sufficient for you. I will wait for your next update and please call me in case of urgency.

Best regards,

Mr.R0derick Brien

I have been toying with trying to get another person involved on my end. I dabbled in the Travel Agent but I quickly found that this was too hard of a front to maintain. I enlisted once again with my quirky but attentive barrester, S1dney Harbour. (incidently, if you ever need his service you can check into the L unge Perry website in the toolbox for further assistance..)

There was a a CC'd copy of the lawyer helping with this 11th hour process to get my character the Visa..
Quote:

Dear R0derick -

I have just received the email below from Attorney S1dney Harbour. I have never met the man but hope to thank him someday. He has saved me alot of time and problems.

So it seems that I will be arriving late this Saturday. I went in to the Harvey Travel office after picking up some US dollars at the bank. I have the receipt and something called an "e-ticket" with numbers on it. Supposedly it is the very same as the red tickets with all the Carbon copies. I just show up at the airport Saturday and check in. How am I going to recognize you at the airport this weekend R0derick?

Please write back - I think that it is pretty late but will call you at the bank tomorrow. I have a few things left to do.. get my hair done.. buy a suitcase. Then arrange the trip to the airport. Very hectic I am sure.

Please write back as I am sure you must have a few outstanding things to prepare for with this bank documents, paperwork and the like.

Regards-

S@lley Jesse

Feb 18th Boy.. he sure wants that passport:
Quote:

Duly in receipt of your email update.

All you need to do now is to scan copy your international passport and send to me. Also provide me informations of the airline you will be using,flight number,time of arrival in Accra.

With all the informations i can be able to work ahead of you as i will be at the airport to pick you up to your hotel upon arrival.

Have a nice day.

Best regards,

Mr.R0derick Brien

Feb 19th Me.. I really push asking for how I will be able to recognize him when I arrive. I purposely had my flight with a stop in Dakar. This gave me all sorts of options of late arrival, plane crash, etc etc.
Quote:

Dear R0derick -

Thank you so much for writing. I am just about to put my final things together and had a moment to check upon my email.

Regarding my passport - I do not have a copy but I think that I may be able to have it copied and faxed to your bank likely on Thursday. My receipt for the ticket and Visa is at the Harvey Travel office in Cape Town. The Fax number is 21 419 0837 and it is located on #1 Adderly Street.They have all the details of my e ticket thing.

The flight is as follows: On Feb 23rd I leave Cape Town to Johannesburg on SA338 and arrive at 415 PM. Then there is a stop in the city and I leave to Dakar to Acra on SA203 and arrive 155AM in the morning. Harvey Travel has arranged a short stay at the airport where I can stay for about 8 hours.

There will be a taxi back to the airport where I leave at 920 AM in SO102 and arrive at 250 in the afternoon.

Can you tell me how I will be able to recognize you? Perhaps by identifying your self with my name on a piece of paper. I really should get a mobile phone so we can connect. Will you be driving me to the hotel as soon as I arrive?

Please let me know right away-

S@lley

I figured in the above that if I gave a the Travel Agents real fax number he would likely not call them. Even if he tried to send a fax, I doubt that the office would have replied. I didn't want to do this (involve an unwilling 3rd party..)

I also purposely did not give him all the information about my arrival. Hopefully, this would screw him up down the road.
Quote:

Dear S@lly,

Thanks for your email. From what you wrote i only understand you will depart of the 23rd. kindly inform your arrival date ,time and flight number only. The stop overs are not necessary. You said you will arrive at 250pm; please let me know the date of arrival.

I will be at the airport to pick you up on the day you arrive and yes, i will drive you to the hotel. If i know your exact arrival time and date, it will not be difficult for us to link at the airport in Accra.

Thanks.
R0derick Brien

Yeah .. right. Thats what you think Chump

Feb 22nd Oh no .. there's a glitch with my Passport:
Quote:

R0derick -

I have just a moment to check my email. You said that you did not get my copy of the passport? Did Harvey Travel not fax you a copy??

What do we do now??

The travel agent showed me an internet place just up the road from them and they do not have a scanner type thing to print and send you the photo.

As far as I know - I leave from Joburg with a stop in Acra tomorrow night. There should be not problems just call the airport and confirm my time.. I think it is 230 or around there.

I have you number in my bag but that is back at the airport. We're going on for dinner now and I will try to call if it is not too late in the evening on before I get on the plane saturday.

S@lley

..in which he replies:
Quote:

Dear S@lly,

Thanks for your email.

Once you collect your passport from Harvey travel, you immediately scan and send to me via email so i will know you facially when you arrive.

I will be at the Airport before your arrival time to pick you up to your hotel.

I will wait to read from you again. Kindly call me.

Thanks.
R0derick Brien

Well.. I pretty much believe someone's going to make a trip to the airport and wait for me.
Quote:

Dear Sally,

Thanks for your mail.

Harvey travel didn't fax to me a copy of your passport,try and scan and send to me.

Kindly let me know what airline you are traveling with,as i have asked you this question severally without any answer from you.

Await to read from you immediately.Call me immediately.

R0derick

Well.. how could I scan it if I don't have it?

Feb 24th ... supposedly I am traveling with an overnight stop in Dakar. I am careful not to reply as I don't know much about these 'internet cafes'.. he writes:
Quote:
Dear S@lly Jesse,

How was your trip?hope great.

I am in the airport waiting to pick you up now and have not heard from you. Call me at 024541xxxx so i can pick you up.

Waiting for your call.

Regards,
R0derick

Well.. 'ole S@lley is a tough old bird. After all, she traveled along the Nile in Egypt by steamship so-long-ago. Certainly she could sort her self out a taxi and find her way to a nice hotel when her Mugu ride is MIA..
Quote:

R0derick --

I do not understand. I was delayed slightly from the flight last night and why were you not at the airport? You knew my flight number and time - I understood you were going to pick me up and take me to the arranged hotel...

I managed to find a nice taxi driver who drove me through the city.. it is SO hot here. I am just checked into the G0lden Tulip and am awaiting for you. Where are you?

I am at the internet kiosk in the hotel and will hopefully check my email from this terminal in a few hours.

There is an older British fellow in the lounge that I was talking to and telling me all sorts of things about the country .. very interesting.

Please come by and call - I trust you are alright

S@lley

So.. R0d *really* dropped the ball. Strike one.-

Feb 24th late at night..
Quote:

S@lly,

CALL ME FROM ANY PHONE AROUND YOU. CALL ME ON 024541xxxx

I AM WAITING.

RODERICK

hmmm.. the professionalism is suddenly waining. And this doesn't sound like my lad.

Maybe he came by the G0lden Tulip. Its a pretty swish place from what I understand & they won't let riff raff in!
Quote:

S@lly,

Have you checked in to a room at G0lden Tulip? If yes, what is your room number???

I am waiting.

R0derick

So this is an interesting move. The previous email was more or less consistent and after reading the last one, he seemed a little choked that we hadn't met. I do believe that he has been sniffing around, but it is hard to prove.

Now- I get another email, claiming that it is from Mr. Brien but a very different tone and feeling. I'm certain the Lad passed me onto another Lad. Just about sure of it. He writes:
Quote:

S@lly,

How you had a nice trip?

I was in the airport to pick you up but didn't see you.

Call me from any phone around you on 024541xxxx and i will be there for you.Have you checked into a room at G0lden Tulip? If yes, what is your room number?

I am waiting,you are welcome and i am looking forward to meet you as soon as possible.

God bless you.

Best regards,

Mr.R0derick O'Brien
(sir).<-- so now he's "sir" in lowercase letters?? And where did the "O'" come from all-of-a-sudden?!
Branch Manager

The time difference between the above email and this one is about 4 hours. I think Lad #2 is relaying info to Lad #1. No matter.

I receive this email from my long established Lad #1
Quote:

Dear S@lly,

I am so worried not hearing from you.

Call me from any phone around you on 024541xxxx.

Have you checked in to a room at G0lden Tulip? If yes, what is your room number???

I am waiting.

R0derick

..he seems concerned. There was 2 of these emails sent within minutes.

I sent this, timed to be sent late in the evening Local time. And I'm concerned:

So S@lley makes a friend. I was careful not to establish his identity too early. I mentioned that he was an ex-pat but I was thinking that I could develop him into some slippery character who may do a midnight run after getting S@lley liquored up and running off with her money:
Quote:

Who is this?

And if you are R0derick.. why were you not at the airport this afternoon? Luckily I have met a British fellow and as we were talking in the Damba lounge and then stepped into the casino. I waited until now for you. I have asked you for your photo and probably did not recognize you. I wished that we would have arranged this a little better now.

Speaking with Jacob, he my British friend who is here touring the western africa area, said that there are all sorts of criminals around and that I should be careful.I am glad that you recommended I bring some US dollars around as I am not sure about leaving my credit card. This place is very nice but I want to get around the city.. is that possible?

As for the telephone number you gave me - I had the hotel staff try you and they were curious why I would call a local mobile phone number. I said that I don't have my telephone anymore the house manager (he seems like a nice fellow..) suggested that I hire a taxi driver to go to the bank tomorrow ?? I do not know about that..why don't we meet monday morning and discuss that? I really wish that I could contact you and we could discuss this. I am a little unsettled being here, its so hot and I do not know anyone or what to do. I am glad for the advice of the hotel manager and Jacob.

Please join me for breakfast tomorrow- if you arrive before I do lets meet in the Ahenga restaurant and order anything that you wish. That is the least that I can do for you going to the trouble to help me with this bank account.

I look forward to seeing you in the morning-

Salley

Special thanks to $imba for mentioning the free breakfast in one of his posts. Excellent.

Well.. its pretty much confirmed in my mind that this is an Oga/ Mugu situation. I receive this from my established Mugu contact. The way he writes, he is describing what happened yesterday but it does not matter nor make sense because I have supposedly been replying to him already. He goofed by telling me that he was at the airport yesterday..So:
Quote:

Good morning
S@lly,

I was in the airport to pick you up yesterday,but didn't see you as you didn't scan and send me your international passport as i instructed,which was the only way i could have noticed you as we have never meet before.

Call me on 024541xxxx,why are you saying my number
is a local number and you being calling me with this number since you have being in South Africa,that is Ghana number and that is my number...what the Hell are you on about??.. i will be there for you as soon as i can know your room number then i will know how to locate you.

I am waiting,you are welcome and i am looking forward to meet you as soon as possible. Ghana is a nice and calm place as there is lot of security every where.<--yeah I bet from crooks like you..

Best regards,

Mr.R0derick Brien

I must say throughout this charade, there has never been a mention about my character sending money. As a matter of fact- it really gives me concern that a little old lady who vacations from the UK to South Africa could rock up in slum-land Accra and be hosted by this petty thief. I purposely created this character to not have alot of family nor anyone else check on her welbeing whilst away.

That is scary in its own premise. Talk about the will of inflecting Mugu pain. Twisted Evil

Next day..

This retard writes back again.. I have a new plan after my big night at the casino wheel in the Tulip: at least he's had a nice full breakfast - but I didn't pay for it!!

Our sh*thead bank manager writes..
Quote:
What an embarrassment!! Are you a ghost? I waited at the restaurant; ordered nice food for you but you never showed up. AWESOME

Do not fix an appointment you wont honor again. I won't if you won't... Chump!

Meet me tomorrow morning at the restaurant. Table 3 will be fine. For me to recognize you , you could come out wearing a smart bikini.Shocked ..remember: this woman is in her 60's!! I will be there

R0derick

So.. as best I can tell he did sit down and hopefully order alot of food. I'd like to think that the management had him wash dishes to make up for the bill, but likely just tossed him out on his ass.

From what others have told me, the Tulip is pretty high end and you pretty much need a jacket and tie to walk in the door.

That could mean that he's somewhat well-to-do as a local.. or.. hopefully bribed his way in. Either way- I'm glad to see I got a rise outta' him. Wouldn't it have been great if he showed up the next day too!!

I was really careful to research some of the local areas and foods in the area. I think this brought some authenticity to the
effort:
Quote:
R0derick -

You wouldn't believe the day that I had. Me and Jacob had an early breakfast and waited until 8 AM for you to arrive in the restaurant by the pool. Did you check in the front desk? My room was registered under my last name Jesse.

We were in the little Casino until 2 am and I was checking at the front desk every so often - I was hoping that you would at least leave a message.. how come you didn't?

I asked the front desk and asked them to call you when I got talk to one of the workers. They asked who I knew in city and I explained that you were a bank manager in the city. I told them that we had an arrangement and were looking at opening an account. She rang your number and could not connect which I thought was strange. I bought a phone card and tried it myself with the call phones in the lobby but am not exactly sure how to dial it. I think that I am doing it correctly.

We got up and took at tro tro < incidently: a 'tro tro' is the local taxi service...> for a tour of Liberation square and the Ministry area & even the Cocoa exchange. There sure are alot of people here sitting in the streets..just outside the Makola Market .. like the shops are closed or something. Also tried the Fufu.. spicy!

We drove around the area this afternoon and tried to locate the 3co Tower Ghana. Where is it in town. Because we drove around the city with the driver and could not locate it.

We (thats Jacob and me) have decided to check out of the Golden Tulip and spend some time at the Palm Beach Accra..it is right along the sea and close the the CBD. Jacob is SUCH a nice man - he's widowed and has been traveling Africa for some time. Won't you please join us Tuesday? We are sharing a room together and splitting the cost. I feel I must do that as I admit that I lost a little bit of money in the Casino last night at the Tulip. Oh well.. must have fun you know.

Please call in at the Beach. We are thinking about squeezing a day in at Aburi as the Gardens sound wonderful - perhaps more colorful then mine at home! Or perhaps to Volta although it does not sound like it is especially close.

Please write back as I cannot understand why I have not met you.

S@lley

I wanted to show that even though we haven't met up to that point- my character was still going to make a good time of it. I was careful not to glorify her new friend. After all, they were traveling together, went gambling and were thinking of leaving the city on a just far enough day trip to a tourist spot.

I though all of this was believable as this is just what a RL tourist may do. It also opened the doors to winning some more money, loosing the bag of money, not bribing the local police and ending up in the slammer or a few other situations you have all helped me with.

At this point I think it is going smooth:
Quote:

R0derick -

I have not heard nor seen you - tell me what is going on?

We left yesterday morning without so much as even a word from you nor a note. Are we not going to make this important appointment?

I have been here with Jacob at least and we made a tour to the Gardens yesterday - despite the condition of the road, it was very nice. Jacob was grateful enough to let me use his mobile number and I tried to call you. Why don't you try calling me at 020 8971 714 and see if we can connect?

Besides that - I've had a rather small stroke of good luck at the casino and am ahead almost $1800 US or the equilivant in Ghambian funds!! And they keep bringing us food and the drinks are so nice too.

Much better arrangement then the Golden Tulip - There isn't much time as my ticket has me to leave late tomorrow night. Jacob and I have alot to talk about so I will let you go... please join us.

S@lley

Incidently- the number I told him to call was a known 419 scammer whom I've dealt with before. I was hoping that I could light the fuse for a Mugu war.. but I have no idea if it happened.

And that is the last I heard from our crooked bank manager from 3coBank in Ghanna. I would highly recommend that you do not bank there..especially if he insists on picking you up at the airport!

I am getting these baits a little better now. This one was approximately 4 weeks and I am certain that he did travel. How much is anyones guess. There was over SIXTY emails back and forth. I was careful to let him do as much work as possible.

The most important part of the bait, I believe, was the beginning when I'd get him to contact me via telephone while I was in South Africa. We probably spoked 8 - 10 times using the strategy of not being able to hear him, asking him to repeat what he said, hanging up on him and just putting the phone down while he was talking. For being on the road (in RL) and backpacking, seeing sights and traveling- I think that I did an okay job with this one.

I know I had him loooong off script and even more- I'm presently baiting him under another character!

Comments?

"..SCAN ME THE BANK RECEIPT AGAIN AND MAKE SURE YOU SCAN IT PROPERLY SO THAT IT CAN BE SEEINGABLE." Mr_Berkley

"...WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO UNH, TO KILL MY SELF BECAUSE OF A PARCKAGE.." Androse V1ncent-another satisfied customer of ParcelDirect

"..I AM TOTALY DISAPONTED THE WAY YOU ARE TAKING THIS TRANSACTION ...IF I HAVE KNEW YOU ARE GOING TO TAKE THIS TRANSACTRION THIS WAY ..I WIL NOT CONTACT YOU FOR THE FIRST TIME"-DR_Usman

Russia United States

Last edited by dh_mac on Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Newdonym
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I like the term "excess profit". I can see why they'd object to making too much money.
Lagerfeld
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

very interesting and smooth. I suspect the mugu was outclassed and broken hearted when he resigned from his game. good work!

i told you that you are dealing with scammers what you called me is small boy.

WE HAVE NOT CASH ANY MONEY PLEASE SIR WE HAVE TOUCHED IN MANY WAYS BY THE FBI/EFCC AND THEY FIND IT THAT WE ARE NOT THE ONE THAT PICK THE MONEY.
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Very nice bait. I hope you put him to all the inconvenience he claims to have been through.
But what an arrogant, lazy lad you had there. Well done for holding your temper. I would have been so tempted to slap the crap out of him. Smile

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic