SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Just a question form a merchant received some stolen money?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Justlookin
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello everyone
i work selling vitamins and related stuff ,ive been doing international and local business for more than 6 years ,recently i received an order request from a guy in the UK,the guy semmed legit at the beginning,contacted me thru alibaba he showed as having a GYM called bodyzone and seemed a truthfull customer, called himself kevin...after negotiation the money arrived as requested in the form of a wire transfer..the problem is that the money is coming from Bank of New York from a ladie with an american Name...with a statement saying money for the goods less fees. im thiking she is refering to the bank fees.. anyways the guy in the UK is waiting for the goods...im thinking this guy may have scammed some ladie in new york to pay us..
is it normal for money coming from the UK to show as coming from New York??,would a wire transfer bounce from the UK to New york then to Me?? tomorrow im contacting my bank...any suggestions??
persephone
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You are doing the best thing you can do: contact your bank and ask them to send the money back to the remitter. You can of course contact Kevin, but all scammers will have an explanation for this. If you do not trust this, please just send the money back and ask the police to investigate. The bank will be able to wire the money back to where it came from and the police will be able to track down the woman and ask how she is involved in all this. She could be a victim of scam.

Great that you paid attention and that you saw some red flags. If you had kept the money and it was later discovered that the money itself was stolen from someone involved in a scam, it may reflect badly on yourself.

Closed lad accounts loads
pony pony Mortar x46 United States 3x Canada Malaysia 2x Netherlands 2x Nigeria 2x Ghana 3x Ivory Coast 9x United Kingdom 3x Spain Bahamas, The Germany Australia Algerian Flag Togo 2x Cellphone Pretty Rose Safari 4 days of travel - 7 days stuck in airport
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic