SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

My first bait

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Old No. 7
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This dropped into an old email account of mine whose address had been hacked off an internet job board (a warning to all job applicants � I use disposable addresses I can trace back to the source when I join). I had been looking at 419eater, must destroy 419, etc and I thought I�d have a go with this little charmer. I�d love any tips. My commentary is in red italics.

PART TIME JOB OFFER

Dear Friend,

My name is Daniel Stanley currently working as a consultant here in the Nigeria. I found this medium; I work as a consultant for a fabric company in Nigeria called Interface Fabrics Limited).I will like to know if you can work online from Home/Temporarily and get paid weekly.

***YOUR TASK IS TO CO-ORDINATE PAYMENTS FROM CUSTOMERS AND HELP US WITH THE PAYMENT PROCESSING*** We will be glad to offer you a job position in our company, Interface Fabrics Limited)/we need someone to work for the company as a Representative in all part of the world. You dont need to have an Office and this certainly wont disturb any form of work you have going on at the moment.

BENEFIT IS AS FOLLOWS:-
* The average monthly income is about 2000 Pounds/euros....
* No form of investments from you....
* This job takes only 1-3 hours per day....
* You do not pay any form of taxes....

REQUIEDMENTS:
* Name..................
* Address...............
* City..................
* State.................
* Postal Code...........
*Country
* Phone.................
* Email.................
* Age...................
* Occupation............
* Bank Name.............

If you are interested in being our representative out there please get back to this email with the informations asked below to start receiving payment Bank draft from our customers and start cashing right away.
Example: Get a Money Order, Travellers Cheque,Cheque or a Bank draft of 1000 pounds/Euros and get 10% off the 1000 pounds/euros which is 100 pounds/ euros as your salary immediately. Reply me as soon as possible if you are interested for more details to this email below and I will be glad to get back to you within 24hr. If interested please get back to me via this email:[email protected] Web site: - http://www.interfacefabricsgroup.com/home.html
Product Samples: - http://samples.camirafabrics.com/
Interface Fabrics (Sales and Customer Service)
54 liverpool street apapa,
Lagos,Nigeriaphone:+2348084567995

I checked the website and it looked genuine. And I know he isn�t. Oh well, in for a penny�..

--- James Beam wrote:

Dear Mr Stanley,

Thank you for your email, which was sent in error to one of my old email accounts - I assume the on-line vacancies service had not updated my details to my latest address. This last to explain why it came from an address he�d never spammed

I am an Englishman currently in the USA, and I note that you need agents in UK/Europe, which is ideal as I am planning to move back home in the near future and I will need some employment. You will see that I have kept my UK bank.

I would like to apply for the position and I have completed your form below

REQUIEDMENTS: (copied and pasted so don�t blame me for the spelling)
* Name....................James Beam
* Address...............2346 Boulder Av
* City..................Boston
* State.................Mass
* Postal Code...........23645
*Country................USA
* Phone.................536 5511
* [email protected]
* Age...................43
* Occupation............Consultant
* Bank Name.............Plunder & Flee Bank Ltd, Threadneedle St., London
I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards

James Beam
credit for the bank to Shiver Metimbers ( I am not worthy)

----- Original Message -----
To: "James Beam"
Subject: PLEASE REPLY BACK NOW
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 10:11:36 -0700 (PDT)

Hello James,

Still waiting for your reply on my last mail to you before we can instruct our client to start sending you US check.

Let us know if you have US bank account to cash US checks.
Thanks
Daniel
Ooops, this boy�s keen � I may have a live one

--- James Beam wrote:

Daniel,

Sorry I took so long to reply

I don't have a USA bank account at the moment, but I'm sure I could open one. Would that help? And I�ll bet it just might

James

Subject: Re: PLEASE REPLY BACK NOW
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 03:23:06 -0700 (PDT)

Hello James,

You can open a us account and let us know when you have done that.

Thanks
Daniel

James Beam <[email protected]> wrote:
Daniel,

Yes I can do that.
But now it may be time to act a little dumb

As you want to pass funds through it, will you want me to open a deposit account that pays interest, or does it need to be a checking account?

Regards

James

Subject: Re: PLEASE REPLY BACK NOW
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 08:18:25 -0700 (PDT)

Hello James,

If you also have a credit card account.it will be fine because sometimes they do transfer to credit card.all i will need from your credit card is the following info below:

1,card number..................
2,account name....................
3,bank name...................
4, billing zipcode............

Thanks
Daniel

I�ll bet you�d love my credit card details. But I�m still feeling a little dumb

James Beam <[email protected]> wrote:
Daniel,

Yes I do have a credit card, but it's issued by my bank, Plunder and Flee Bank, back in London. I thought you wanted me to look at a USA account as I am in Boston at the moment.

Please confirm your preference, USA or UK currency.
Just following advice I read here � act dumb and keep asking questions

Regards

James

Subject: message
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 06:09:22 -0700 (PDT)

Hello James,

It will be in US dollars.so please go ahead and open the checking account.

Let us know when you have open it.

Thanks
Daniel

So off to the bank I go � but wait, there�s a problem

To: "Daniel Stanley"
Subject: Re: message
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 13:56:40 -0500

Daniel,

A little delay. I went to the bank yesterday and asked to open a dollar business checking account. Apparently, there is something called the Money Laundering Control Act (MLCA), and the branch said that, as I was a non-US citizen I had to demonstrate compliance with the requirements of the Act. If I didn't, I could be questioned by something called the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (which is aparrently part of the US Treasury Department). To meet the requirements, the nice teller said I needed to have some evidence of the business I was part of that needed an account.

So I thought I'd ask you if you could get your Company Secretary to draft me a quick letter on Interface Fabrics Ltd headed paper saying that you were offering me a position in the USA with your company as one of your representatives and that was why I needed the account. I can then show this to the bank and they will then be able to go ahead and open the account.

Regards

James

I thought I�d try this to see what happened when I asked for some evidence of the �job�. I�d done some Googling on �money laundering�. I also hoped the mention of a business account might enrage my boy. I thought I might not hear back after this

Daniel,

I've not had a response to my email below and I'm a little concerned - you've always responded quickly and been most helpful up to now.

Are you not progressing my job application with Interface?

And I was so looking forward to my new career

Regards

Jim

Looks like I was right � no more messages. Still, it was my first and at least it wasted some of his worthless time.

Anyone who wants him or knows him, his address was [email protected]

200+ sites killed, from these countries => United Kingdom Netherlands Russia Nigeria Switzerland Ukraine South Africa Germany United States Canada Senegal Benin Spain Ghana Ivory Coast Cambodia Flag United Nations

pony pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar

Like my flags? Want some of your own? Let justjay teach you how to kill sites here (clicky).

Hobbes may have retired, but get his brilliant WriteJunk here (clicky) and never touch a .dll again

Proud to be a mouth-breather who posted a load of shit, disappeared into the night but mysteriously reappeared after a long absence
OxygenDeprived
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nice work Jim.

Check lads are a lot of fun. I have two currently. One has been dragged along for a couple months trying to get his WU payment (I swear I made it) and the other is about to learn the same pain.

Just make sure you have a safe place to have the checks sent to that has no trace back to your RL.

Safari N4ncy & Yeb0ah - Accra to Abidjan | Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Barrister Stone Sand Timer 13+ months
PD Results: Safari x18
AS Results: Safari x4
Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Cellphone x 56 Easter Egg 2013
United Kingdom 138 sites killed
Old No. 7
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the kind words Oxy, but I wasn't planning to actually have any checks sent to me, just jerk them around a bit.

I didn't think we actually took cash off these scum, as it's bound to be from some poor innocent who's been duped.

Or did I misunderstand, being a noob?

And I certainly won't let these vermin anywhere near my RL, so thanks for the warning.

JB Razz

200+ sites killed, from these countries => United Kingdom Netherlands Russia Nigeria Switzerland Ukraine South Africa Germany United States Canada Senegal Benin Spain Ghana Ivory Coast Cambodia Flag United Nations

Like my flags? Want some of your own? Let justjay teach you how to kill sites here (clicky).

Hobbes may have retired, but get his brilliant WriteJunk here (clicky) and never touch a .dll again

Proud to be a mouth-breather who posted a load of shit, disappeared into the night but mysteriously reappeared after a long absence
SumYunGai
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Jim: The check scammers' favorite weapon is the counterfeit check. The most direct method is, they send you checks, you deposit them, see the money enter your account, and wire them their share. Then the "issuing bank" tells your bank the check is a forgery or fake. Your bank removes the amount of the check from your account and whatever portion you sent to the scammer is gone.

Check scammers very rarely use checks that will actually clear (meaning the scammer has swiped someone's banking information and are forging checks against their account). If they have an individual's banking information, they can usually clean the account out without a third party's help. Most checks have valid information about the issuing bank, but a fictional account holder. They rely on the difference between the time the funds are made available by the bank (1-5 days) and the time the check fails to clear (7-10 days), during which time the scammer hopes the victim will wire the money.

That is not always the case however. Some scammers use real account information, so the check may actually clear assuming the account hasn't already been cleaned out, and it's not until the ID theft victim contacts their bank that your bank is alerted to the hot check. Other times, the scammers may manipulate a mule (another victim) into writing you a check. This is usually only done when the scammer needs you to believe that they are being upfront about a smaller transaction so you will agree to proceed with a larger one where they actually rip you off.

Whatever you do, if a scammer sends you a check, DO NOT DEPOSIT IT. Notify the issuing bank and send them a scan of the check if they ask for it, and if the account information is valid they will alert the account holder about the potential fraud. Then, you have a nice trophy. Most baiters here make collages out of them.

Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the info, Sum.

If I get that far, I'll have to scour the forums looking for help on how to set up an untraceable accommodation address for them to post to.

Cap419kicker
Ye Olde Privy Smythe

Location: Pushing truck selling Obama shirts on Ring Road Lagos

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome, Jim great bait.

My wife put her resume up on careerbuilder and she gets crap like this all the time. Please, visit the mass insult bailt located in this forum for more ways to beat on this and future mugus...

Cap419kicker

"Your information is safe with me and will not be used anonymously"-- Dal Cal� Maccio
"you are as useless as your e-mail sound. bingo like." ---Zinriszal Bin Selamat
pony pony pony
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic