SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Is this legit?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
geodeadhead
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I was looking to relocate and posted my info on cr@ig'sl1st.com and got this in my inbox....not sure what to make of it and haven't responded. Does this look legit, or does it appear to be another scammer. Never seen this approach before.

Hi,

My name is David L*******. I am in my early age of 50s and I am an European . I come to the states often mostly for business purposes because I deal mostly in Furniture. I furniture to stores in the states and Europe . In fact that is my family business cos we are from France. I bought a house last year in the states cos i love it there .It is peaceful and with a loving neighborhood.

Unfortunately my father passed away on the 2nd of January 2006 and as the only son in my family i have to go and take care of the family business back in France and i realized that it will be very difficult to supply goods to my clients again in the United states while am away and it will definitely cost me a lot to come over to receive payments cos they pay mostly in checks and money orders .

Running the business from there it will be difficult and will be impossible especially the aspect of payment and i don't also want to lose my clients or customers there . So what i intend doing is that i am looking for some one to stay at my house free of charge. I don't want to sell the house cos i just bought it and i will have all the rest papers by August but i have ALL the keys now. I am simply looking for someone that is honest and trustworthy and clean for two reasons:

1. to maintain the house when i am away and

2.To help me receive payments from my clients within the USA on my behalf in his/her name and have it cashed cos they pay mostly checks and money orders and have the funds wired to me here in France through money gram transfer/western union transfer . You don't have to pay me for the accommodation. its just for the purpose of keeping my business going on in the United state.and if you wanna keep this assignment as a job let me know so i can allocate 10% on each payment that you receive if at all you don't wanna live in the house or if you are far from the house.

The house is a great one,living room,bedrooms,bathroom,parking space etc furnished as well . If you want i can email you pictures and if you are interested i will send the keys to you via courier so you can go and see the house. It is a very lovely house and there is no way you wont like it.

If you are interested in handling my business in the state and keeping the house neat, please send me your full name and address with your phone number and also for me to be able to no how far the place is from your present residential place.I am back in France. you send back your response to my personal email: dav_********@hotmail.com

Thanks

David

What the hell???
Cheers,

Raymond Luxury-Yacht
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It is a job scam. Even if they got your addy from a legit site - actually legit sites are the best way for a job scammer to look for victims.

<b>Rebbeca Steve: </b>You are a failure where ever you are. Mugu like you;you dont have money you dont help peopls,after what God has done for you,still you refused to pay your tithe to God,you will remain poor.
<b>Anthony Audu: </b>I am getting frustrated and confused because very soon my family will be out on the streets
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
To help me receive payments from my clients within the USA on my behalf in his/her name and have it cashed cos they pay mostly checks and money orders and have the funds wired to me here in France through money gram transfer/western union transfer .

Job Representative scam, although I haven't seen this variant where you get a house to live in.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, scam, someone posted about that same email on Craiglist, the names are different, as is the date of death etc, the rest of the email is the same:

http://madison.craigslist.org/sha/353622732.html

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
Breddan Butter
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Compare Scam Patroller's link in the post above with that in the opening post of this thread.
Then, for good measure check out this one:-
http://toronto.craigslist.org/sbw/356763604.html

The text must be in a scammers starter kit just requiring a name and location to be inserted.

I think that the OP's question is answered. Smile

My IP address is 217.21.39.255. (86.57.134.49 on Sundays) Please don't come knocking on my door.
geodeadhead
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks guys....guess I could of done the research. Anyhow, kind of a curious proposition, and it just so happens I may know someone interested! Maybe he'd like to meet good 'ol J.R. I love the redneck bit...

Cheers,

Needalaugh
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

geodeadhead wrote:
through money gram transfer/western union transfer

That's a dead giveaway of a scam right there.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic