SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

A guy from Nigeria works at the same place that I do.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
YeaWhatever
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A guy from Nigeria works at the same place that I do. I saw him in the company health club a few days ago. He was talking to another guy and the topic of nationality came up between them.

I have never met this guy and he has no idea who I am but I would just love to approach him about creating sound bites for the ultimate lad-soundboard but I am not really sure that I want to offend him either. It would seem to me that anyone from Nigeria who was not a total scum would be, at the least, highly embarrassed by the 419 thing, and at worst, be totally pissed off at me.

Now, as many of you have figured out by now, I normally don't give crap who I piss off, but this time, it's a little bit different. Afterall, we both work for the same company.

I figure that I'll only have one shot at this. Anyone have any thoughts about this before I dive in and ruin the whole thing?

Safari<i>"i have arrive safe in namibia"</i> - Tony Kalabi - The Road to the Skeleton Coast
Safari<i>"he is in aswan"</i> - Larry Ken - The Road to Abu Sunbul
Safari The Road to the Hot Zone</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=89779" target="_blank"> The Making of a TWAT</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=100535" target="_blank"> The Second Coming of TWAT</a>
Golden Pith Mortar x17
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wouldn't he be pretty pleased that people are getting back at the scammers who do so much damage to Nigeria's name.

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

YeaWhatever wrote:
A guy from Nigeria works ... any thoughts ...

Yeah, be open and straight forward about it.

You say he "works." That's the key word. Work. He's not sitting around waiting for people to give him money. I'm sure he hates the 419ers as much as we do. They're really doing Nigeria a bad service.

Tell him what you do and what you want.
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My best friend in college was Nigerian. He was very secretive about things that went on in his country and he was very ashamed at the crime that went on. Might be a touchy subject. Just my thoughts.

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
OxygenDeprived
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd say treat it like a bait (not in the try to bait him sense); get to know him first. After you get to know him, tell him the kind of hobbies you do (making criminals lives miserable from all over the world). Then tell him you are making a soundboard and if you can borrow his voice for a few clips...

Safari N4ncy & Yeb0ah - Accra to Abidjan | Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Barrister Stone Sand Timer 13+ months
PD Results: Safari x18
AS Results: Safari x4
Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Cellphone x 56 Easter Egg 2013
United Kingdom 138 sites killed
Hellbastard
419Eater is my life

Location: Outside the Western Union office, with a sniper rifle.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd say don't go there. Like Jojo said, it's going to be a sensitive subject and you could badly offend him if he gets the wrong idea about what you do. I've worked with a few Nigerians and they do tend to have a big sense of national pride, for all their country's faults. Even if he has an extreme dislike of the 419 scammers, he might not see eye-to-eye with your methods and see crass generalizations where none exist.

On the other hand, do get to know the guy if you get a chance. He might well bring up the subject himself. One of my former colleagues did, at least.
Klaasvaak
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

kick him in the nuts as an informal greeting

KeyserSoze
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I had a Nigerian customer come into my work the other day - I know he was Nigerian because I asked him.

I thought about making a little joke saying, "I get a lot of emails from Nigeria, I'm good friends with the CBN director, Charles Soludo". I didn't say it though because I thought it might embarass or offend him. So I tried to make some small talk about Lagos but he wasn't exactly a conversationalist. I have met other Nigerians before and all of them seem to be very shy.

I doubt the guy will go for it. He will likely just smile and walk away.

Safari Safari "WE HAVE REALLY SUFFERED GREATLY ON THIS 23 HOURS TRIP FROM IBADAN TO YOLA AND FINALLY TO MADUGURI. IT WAS A SERIOUS TERIBLE JOURNEY." - Kenny the healer - aprox 2500 miles

"I have worn your soul and I will Auction it to the land of the dead before 2 weeks. I laugh at your stupidity. I shall drink my early morning tea with your skull in the land of the dead by two weeks from now" - Cassidy the photographer -

pony pony Mortar x10
EffinBeI
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
at worst, be totally pissed off at me.

That isn't the worst! This guy may be a good one, but you'll never know who he might tell about your "hobby". Do you want them totally pissed off at you too? Don't do it!!
Eight
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Nigerian guy I work with thinks what I do is cool. Smile If you get chatting with your guy about other stuff, you may be able to work your way round to it and get a feel for his attitude. But if it looks at all hairy, I'd leave it. Smile

United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Benin Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Nigeria France Benin

Avatar from sweethell ** www.ScamWarners.com - Victim warnings, support, advice & information ** Click here to donate to 419Eater.com
Poison Ivy
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I worked with a Nigerian woman who was mortally offended when I mentioned 419. If you went to live in Nigeria, or any other place for that matter, would you appreciate locals mentioning a crime problem from HomeVille? Bit like family, you don't choose them, you can slag them, but dare anyone else try it! Go careful.

you know the amount we are talking here is not a peanut .

U're a slot!!
it wasn't me
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My advice would be the same advice for anyone you meet. Get to know him. Have chats, if you like him, them tell him, if you don't then he's just another work colleague.

Pretty Rose

pony
DarnSnatcher
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i am from portugal when are you going to question me about maddy then? Laughing
Red
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Find out his phone number and call him anonymously... provoke him into saying what you want said for the soundboard... pretend to be calling from an automated government service "After the tone repeat after me: 'I have chopped your dolla'" Laughing

All jokes aside, if it was me and I didn't know the person I would be downright offended and pissed off.

If the person took the time to get to know me and then asked me to do it... different story... unless of course the sole purpose of them getting to know me was for me to make this soundboard for them.

Perhaps find out who his friends in the company are and gauge his attitude from them.

United Kingdom x36 Malaysia x6 European Union x2 United States x10 Italy x5 x4 Benin x6 Netherlands x8 Russia x2 Indonesia x2 Nigeria x11 x3 Gambia Canada x3 Spain x13 Hong Kong Gibraltar Germany x3 Cayman Islands Japan x2 Belgium x3 United Nations x3 Flag Monaco x2 Austria Ivory Coast x4 x2 Ireland Bahamas, The x2 Portugal x2 Switzerland x4 x3 Ghana x3 Sweden France x2 Serbia and Montenegro x2 China x2 Togo x2 Ukraine x2 South Africa Somolia
Golden Pith 1k3: West African Tour
Safari Ben: Lagos (Nigeria) - Accra (Ghana)
Mortar x10
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic