SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Local residents scammed

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
A Jersey housewife
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 11:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Residents in Monmouth County NJ fall victim to scam involving checks/wiring.

http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070530/NEWS/70530059

It's sad because many had never tried to sell or rent anything online and everything they fell for has been discussed here.

Edited because I don't know if it should be a direct link or not.
rhinocoress
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 1:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Just more sad examples of how souless scammers are and how believable people are.
I really think the key to fighting back scamming is not going after the scammers but educating EVERYONE about how common scams are, we need to show people it happens in the most hidden places and only they can stop themselves from being victims....why can't governments stress this in more ways instead of letting it happen over and over? wouldnt short radio ads, posters, internet banners be enough to open some eyes?? instead its almost kept quiet. i had no idea about the check scams till i had it happen to me. this is about education, even doctors, lawyers, etc fall to scams...but it can easily be changed if they knew the examples Exclamation
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic