SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Phish on the line

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
bluesman7
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 10:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi,

I'm not really a scambaiter, but a friend of mine replied to a yahoo phish and his e-mail was hijacked.

Once that was done the phisherman sent emails to all the contacts saying he is stranded in africa and needs money to get home.

I replied that I could send 1000 of the 1500 he asked for, and that I thought he was in Guatamala.

at any rate, I have him waiting for money to be sent to the western union.

My friend has tried to contact yahoo, but as yet, hasn't gotten a reply.
Western Union told him to file a complaint with the fbi white collar crime site.

Anyone have any ideas how we can bust the phisher?

Thanks
Evilmike
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 2:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

As stated a lot here, if you're using your real information (email address, etc.) drop correspondence with this person. Read the Stickies on how to bait safely first. You can then re-bait from an anonymous email account with the same message, since the scammer won't be checking your address first.

You can post the mail headers here (omitting any personal information) and we'll see if we can assist in telling you the location of the scammer. I'll be surprised if the scammer is actually anywhere in Africa at all.

I dont want the custom to have your two consignments referred to there bondage ware house for breaking or confiscating - [mask:1]Anthony Keith Rutherford[/mask:1]
pls do not call me col sanders again - Col. John Aristide
i am weting for your mail Sir - Ben Zulu
DrWho
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 4:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Nothing you can do about phishers. Nothing much you can do about the scammer either. I don't quit understand what happened. If your friend gave out his account info and password then hopefully he learned something. I also hope he didn't use that same password for all his other accounts. I assume he doesn't have access to the account any longer. They got into the account using his info and changed the password. Yahoo can disable the account.

Just ignore the emails and move on.

United Nations Mortar x12
"To Serve Man"
bluesman7
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 6:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for your replies.

He replied to a yahoo phish, gave info. Phisher changed his password and personal info so the victim couldn't recover the account.
bluesman7
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 6:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Her's the header info.

X-Originating-IP: [66.163.178.179]
Return-Path:
Authentication-Results: mta192.mail.mud.yahoo.com from=yahoo.com; domainkeys=pass (ok)
Received: from 66.163.178.179 (HELO web34513.mail.mud.yahoo.com) (66.163.178.179) by mta192.mail.mud.yahoo.com with SMTP; Mon, 14 May 2007 11:04:44 -0700
Received: (qmail 73163 invoked by uid 60001); 14 May 2007 18:04:44 -0000

Received: from [213.181.88.76] by web34513.mail.mud.yahoo.com via HTTP; Mon, 14 May 2007 11:04:44 PDT
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 11:04:44 -0700 (PDT)

Mod edit - edited to break long lines in header to stop forum blowout - SP
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 6:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^^ The headers show the IP is from Nigeria:

Quote:
WHOIS results for 213.181.88.76

As has been pointed out, not much you can do apart from contacting Yahoo, which you have done to tell them what happened, they could possibly give you the account back.

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic