SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Yet another craigslist scam

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
gon2moro
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 8:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

And all I was doing was trying to sell my collection of train magazines when someone from 'the UK', wants to buy them. Not practical I say but he says he can work out the shipping.

After some time I get a letter from Nigeria (nice stamps) with a different person's return, with two Moneygrams wrapped in pages of the Watchtower. The Moneygrams were made out in the name of someone from Sandusky Michigan and were for more than 10 times the asking amount. $1700 total! (Oh did I forget to say the last note asked me to pass the excess along to a friend).

I started laughing. When I stopped, I called moneygram and in fairly short order they were able to tell me that they were fake. (No big surprise here)

I've been able to buy some time (going out of town). I've sent the copy of his letter with the headers to ukyahoo abuse.. My question is how should I respond? Would like to innocently string this out a while longer (3 months now)

(oh, the collection is for sale in the cassified of a train Mag now)
Evilmike
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 4:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Drop him. He has your real address and contact details. It isn't good to string along somebody who knows so much about you. Just stop responding and he'll go away.

Read the Stickies about baiting safe in the other forums here. Then re-bait if you want to using the helpful information posted.

I dont want the custom to have your two consignments referred to there bondage ware house for breaking or confiscating - [mask:1]Anthony Keith Rutherford[/mask:1]
pls do not call me col sanders again - Col. John Aristide
i am weting for your mail Sir - Ben Zulu
gon2moro
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 8:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Had read the stickeys and it was what I figured. He can't really do to much with any of my info (I have three addresses and phones) but I just be satisfied to get his email shut down on yahoo.uk, which I'm in the process of doing. Then I'll frame the money orders...

Next time I'll be smarter up front

Thanks
margory
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 5:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

gon2moro wrote:
Then I'll frame the money orders...

That would be the best thing to do ... Very Happy
And what a great way to educate your visitors when they come around and ask about those framed money orders ...

Margory
gon2moro
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 3:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

margory wrote:
gon2moro wrote:
Then I'll frame the money orders...

That would be the best thing to do ... Very Happy
And what a great way to educate your visitors when they come around and ask about those framed money orders ...

Margory

Filed a complain with Yahoo.Uk. Here is their response:

Hello,

Thanks for writing to Yahoo! UKIE Customer Care.

In this particular case, we have taken appropriate action against the
Yahoo! account in question, as per our Terms of Service (TOS). For
further details about the Yahoo! TOS, you can visit:

http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/info/terms.html

Please know that Yahoo! is unable to disclose the action taken on
another user's account with a third party. We are not able to make
exceptions to this rule.

Please let me know if I can help you further.

Regards,

eoq

What they might mean by this could be a whole range of options but I hope they've shut his email down (I know, I know, easy to get another,..) Best (unlikely)option is that they monitor him and get him legally.

Howeverfor the sake of others, here are all the names I've run into during the course of this.

Micahel Thomas: [email protected] original contact

Supposed Source of Moneygrams:

Professor James Badru
122 Amina Way
University of Ibadam
Ibadam Nigeria

Name on Mooneygrams:

Tam Daven
154 Lexington St
Sandusky

At this point I'll wait for him to contact me and see if he has a new email, then I'll contact THAT abuse site and do the same thing again, and I'll do it over annd over until he goes away if it takes that long.

In the meanwhile, the moneygrammes go on the wall,.. they're a great story
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic