SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Paypal and scams

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Salsera
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 3:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

What a great site, I found it after reading an article on the BBC website.

I was recently the victim of a scam (I'll create a different post for that) in which I paid for passes to a salsa congress that never was. I paid with Paypal thinking I would have some protection. Not only did they tell me that tickets for events are not covered but they have allowed the scammer to keep the Paypal link on his website so this conman can get more money out of people for his next scam. There was no debate about whether it was a scam or not - the guy went to jail for 2 days and it takes a lot for Peruvian police to throw a tourist in jail!

Needless to say I will not be using Paypal again.
icrighthruU
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 5:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow!
I have been sooooo lucky. I use ebay and paypal all the time and have never had an issue. I even won a digital camera/camcorder/webcam/MP3/voice recorder, you name it, it had it. I placed my bid and won. The thing was comming from Japan or China, I don't remember. If I were to see that now I would never place a bid. I sent payment through paypal and three weeks later it arrived and it is every thing it claimed to be and more. I ljust love it.
It's too bad these criminals are spoiling these services for everyone.
Maybe you shouldn't completely give up. Just be more careful and try working with paypal to figure out a way to rid this type of scum from their service.
I'd be pissed too if paypal didn't offer something after finding out someone useing their program was robbing people. Keep bothering them, surly they want to keep their good name. Well after all the things I've been hearing maybe the paypal/ebay names aren't so good any more.
But every time I've had a problem it's been fixed fast and I was satisfied with the results.
Including the time a scammer highjacked my ebay account and changed my password. I got it back within miniutes and all the cell phones and all the charges put on my account were wiped clean. I had a 23.00 balance and they cleared that off too. So I actually made out on the deal.
Salsera
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 12:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I bothered them plenty over a period of a few weeks, it tooks them more than 2 weeks to even answer. I asked for opinions of Paypal complaints on another forum and themajority of people who posted had had bad experiences.
All Paypal kept telling me was that I should try to work it out with the seller - difficult when I'mtrying to get the guy put back in jail where he belong!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic