SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

MY details listed in a scam email

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
scattley
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I would never have believed this until it happened. This email was sent around Australia in November last year. I did not recieve it but after the 10th phone call at work asking about the money I had one of the people on the phone email the email. You see, it had MY office phone number listed as the contact (although they do say to email them your details and not phone). Since I work for a government department so I couldnt take the phone off the hook (the calls then get transfer to the next desk) and it was the middle of scholarship/grant writing I had to deal with the calls for the next three weeks. In the middle of week 3 I hit 1000 gullible people caLL me. I must admit I got a bit angry at the end - very short to the people at the other end. They wanted to chat! and say how hard it must be for me etc etc. WELL GET OFF THE PHONE!

Announcement on BPAY Lotto Award
Sir/Madam
Being officially assigned to select winners across the globe, the management is pleased to inform
you of the result of the Australia BPAY Users Lottery Winners E-mail programs held on the 30th October 2006 and result where release on the 25th November, 2006. Your E-mail address attached to ticket number 653-908-321-675 with serial main number 345- 790-241-671 drew lucky star numbers 34-32-90-43-32 which consequently won in the 2nd category, you have therefore been approved for a lump sum pay out of $45,500.00AUD, with REFERENCE #: 67/80/IPD
and BATCH #: EGGS-541-623-782.

Due to mix up of some numbers and names, we ask that you keep your winning information confidential until your claims has been processed and your money remitted to you. This is part of our security protocol to avoid double claiming and unwarranted abuse of this program by some participants. All participants were selected through a computer ballot system drawn from
over 20 Australia banks using BPAY services and 47 other Brokers Company in Australia.

This lottery was promoted and sponsored by BPAY and Endeavour Prize Homes in order to enhance and promote the use of Bpay and Endeavour Lottery service in Australia.

To file for your claim, please contact our fiducial agent:
Mr Louis E. Greg
ENDEAVOUR LOTTERIES
BOWEN HILLS QLD
Australia
email: [email protected]
Tel:+61 2 XXXX XXXX

PLEASE SUMMIT YOUR DETAILS DIRECTLY THROUGH EMAIL: [email protected]
HitchHiker
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So now it's payback time? Twisted Evil

Welcome to the game Scattley.

Now get out there and enjoy your revenge.

(sign up for mentor)
BRUIN
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The fact that he had "1000 gullible people" calling him shows just how potentially succesful a scammer can be.

Bruin
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic