SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Craig's List scammers - questions.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Mike Hawk
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've seen it all on CL. All the excuses. I tend to enjoy the ones that offer to buy my expensive cell phone and pay to ship it. It's great fun to tell them I need a new shipping label because the FedEx people didn't believe the phone was only worth $20. It's also fun to take a spare dummy display phone from my work, beat the crap out of it with a hammer, then ship it to them on their dime.

My question is this though... is it actually their dime? Or are these bogus accounts created with stolen credit cards as well? God knows they don't do much in their real name anyway.

Does anyone have any experience with tracing the FedEx account? I'd like to know if it's truly the scammer's money I'm wasting.

Also, is there a dead shipping account icon for signatures? My kill list is at 12 so far Twisted Evil
Mike Oxlong
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I always figure nothing they do is on their dime, unless they are in a "need to spend money to make money" phase when they don't have the money from victims (yet). Sort of like any business. But, their time is wasted, and maybe they get their arse beat by an Oga for spending money for nothing, or get discouraged.
Breddan Butter
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

An interesting observation on the recent three craigslist threads.

Each thread title deals with 'craigslist' differently.
We have Craigslist, CraigsList and Craig's List. Smile

All of the craigslist inc sites appear to only use 'craigslist'.

My IP address is 217.21.39.255. (86.57.134.49 on Sundays) Please don't come knocking on my door.
beeman
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The ones I've dealt with have always used Fedex or DHL accounts set up with stolen CC numbers. These guys are usually really good at minimizing the trail they lead. Only a fool would have you ship the item using their own CC number.
Mike Hawk
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That's what I figured. I suppose the most I can do is get their FedEx account closed then. Thanks for the info.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic