SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Observation and a question

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
DrWho
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We could fix it; but then what would you learn Dorothy?

United Nations Mortar x12
"To Serve Man"
M1d0r1
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

As a noob, I've taken a half way house approach.

I read the stickies and lurked on the message board a bit before responding to any lads. Basically, I tried to understand best way to avoid leaving a trace of personal info with email/phone/word docs etc.

However, I purposely didn't sign up for a mentor. Yes, I know I'm going to make mistakes (already made many) ... but its an enjoyable learning experience.

Its not that I don't appreciate advice - I do and welcome help. More that I believe you sometimes learn more from making errors.

Downside of this is of course, "you don't know what you don't know" (apologies to Donald Rumsfield.)

Just my tuppenny worth.

Last edited by M1d0r1 on Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mike
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Luther Blissett wrote:
Let's see...

On Tue Dec 27, 2005 6:19 pm, jojobean in his first post wrote:

Does anyone have a blank Western Union Transfer document that I may use to torture my beloved mugu? I am sure they are around but I have been unable to locate one. Thanks guys.

Fascinating post, Luther. My first post was about a snail mail scam letter I'd received, and, I'm ashamed to say, mentioned the fluffy kitty-cat "B" word Embarassed

coronalight wrote:
BTW, I'm still finding stickies. Confused

Damn things are everywhere. Still scraping them off my shoes.

Mod edit: combined the posts, since they were one minute apart. TS

Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah!

Every darn where. Wink

Think I'm on my last one and then they will start another. Razz

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mike wrote:
Fascinating post, Luther. My first post was about a snail mail scam letter I'd received, and, I'm ashamed to say, mentioned the fluffy kitty-cat "B" word Embarassed

I told you Mike, that post was a joke. Just to make people think I wasn't already an expert. Remember, "I had been doing this for years".

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey, whoa....cool forum roflmao. Ummm, so what's "batting" all about? LOL!! Can you get some cash out of these Nigerian fellows? I have this friend who was scammed once and I'm writing a book about it. It's going to be like 18 pages long and will give everyone the ins and outs of batting. Super! Anyway just saying "hi" -- new here! And what's with the mentors? I've been here 5 mins and NO MENTOR HAS BEEN ASSIGNED!!! Hello??

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3

Last edited by JMRazor on Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Don
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome JMRazor, I hope you like it here. Make sure you bait safe, pick an email that will strip your IP (fastmail.fm, hushmail, gmail spring to my mind) and sign up for a mentor. Please feel free to post every question you might have in our snuggly little forum and I'm sure we'll all be happy to help you with your first steps. Let me take this opportunity to be the first to welcome you to 419Eater and I for one am terribly excited and happy you have decided to join the ranks! Pretty Rose

**"Freedom? There ain't no fuckin' Freedom!"**
Reaper
Hello I'm New here!

Location: Travelling in a fried-out combie. On a hippie trail, head full of zombie...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I can feel the pulses of sarcasm radiating off the screen..

110+United KingdomNigeriaSpainNetherlandsGhanaChinaIvory CoastUnited StatesSwitzerlandAustraliaFranceDenmarkSierra LeoneEuropean UnionSenegalUnited NationsRussiaBurkina FasoBeninCzech RepublicQuestion
Cellphone x15 Mortar x18 Closed lad accounts 50+

SafariSafariSafari Shola - 4.3k miles Lagos - Abidjan | Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos - Sokoto "i have not eaten anything except water"
SafariSafari Mr Floyd - Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos -N'Djamena --> Abeche, with RS (7 days in hell Rolling Eyes ) "we are dieing here"

Art Trophies: <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129502">Eva Bust</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135167">Reaper's Art Gallery</a>

- I am the King of Rome, and above grammar
Easter Egg
Don
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You don't say? Shocked

spoilsport
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just voicing my opinion here:

I still consider myself a n00b, I PM my mentor silly (thanks Krona for sticking with me, with all my stupid questions!) and I am very thankful for all the help he gives me and all the tips, and my more stupid questions ( axemen, 7 dragons, pink ponies, now I must stop before the moderators find the keys to this post! Laughing ), he gracefully rejects with a direction to the search function in this forum.
I see the senior members of this forum and the moderators as the ones who have been there, and try to learn from everything they say and have posted.
The stickies I have read and re-read more often than not. I use the search function as well, if I don't know something. Only trouble I have is that when trying the search, my search gives so much results I drown in them, or gives none at all. That is a bit of a pity, so then I do post, and hope I don't sound too stupid. Embarassed
And some n00bs are a bit too cocky for my opinion, and I wish they quickly learn how to appreciate all the help they can get here.

Right, that was my opinion, I' ll go back stand in the n00b corner and keep quiet.... Razz

-"Today I went to see my doctor for medical check and he placed me on a six house bed rest" -Gen. Bry4nt J0hns0n
-noobies: click here
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

M1d0r1 wrote:
However, I purposely didn't sign up for a mentor. Yes, I know I'm going to make mistakes (already made many) ... but its an enjoyable learning experience.

Its not that I don't appreciate advice - I do and welcome help. More that I believe you sometimes learn more from making errors.

You don't know it yet, but Dr Who just fell in love with you. Very Happy Wink

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Of course we do sometimes get visits from highly trained special services personnel with links to the CIA, Interpol, KGB and other organisations who have worked deep undercover on covert operations for many years and know who and where all the scammers are but they can't tell us as it might jeopardise their mission. They usually pick a cunning ID like "SpecialOpsMan" or "TangoBravo" and have the SAS badge as their avatar. Naturally they don't need a mentor and wouldn't ask for one anyway because they operate on a Need To Know basis and if a mentor found out too much about their top secret missions they'd have to kill him.

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
Ari
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

JMRazor wrote:
And what's with the mentors? I've been here 5 mins and NO MENTOR HAS BEEN ASSIGNED!!! Hello??
Yeah, cause you need to send Cherrie a PM every 3 minutes until he gives you one. That's the only way he knows you're serious about baiting.

/me waits for Cherrie to send her 15 mentees at once for that comment
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@Gnasher, you reminded me of the guy who thought it was safe to give out his real work phone number, against massive in-thread warnings, because he worked in an FBI field office. He may have been safe, but he didn't find it comfortable talking to a scammer on the office phone, in work time. Laughing

I don't particularly mind the "what do I do now" posts, because I remember how scary it was to actually be talking to a scammer for the first time, and how my mind went totally blank as soon as I hit the reply button.

My first post: Embarassed
I wrote:
So far as I can see, there is no way that a program on your computer can totally hide your IP address. It might pretend to be a transparent proxy and pass a false address, but if someone had a mind to do it they could still find out your address.
Since it's talking about Jap, I was totally wrong.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
Dolores
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

M1d0r1 wrote:
I did that too, although for a different reason. I decided to go with trial-and-error because it goes straight to proving an idea doesn't work in practice and cuts out the part where, told ahead of time that it wouldn't work, I probably would have argued obsessively over the theory behind the idea.

Granted, I'm still not a great baiter, but at least I never made a complete pain of myself. Very Happy It is an absolute MIRACLE that my first bait lasted a month.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

DoloresOnTheDottedLine wrote:
It is an absolute MIRACLE that my first bait lasted a month.

Yes, but baiting Radden is like shooting fish in a barrel. Laughing

Dolores
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^
Yes. Getting close to three months now on THAT bait and it's going exceptionally well. Laughing

I'll now make an effort not to hijack this thread any further!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic