SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Observation and a question

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
bombardier
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You also forgot the "Iv,e been baiting these idiots for years and never realised anyone else was doing it to" new baiter :banghead:

pony pony Mortar x18
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^

That is the Don breed of baiter. He loves that statement.

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have never baited in my life til I found 419 and I know that I will never have a trophy or get anyone on a safari. I only bait straight and will forever. And if a mod ever hit me on the head, I just took care of them with my whip and they are still scared of me to this day. Very Happy

BTW, I'm still finding stickies. Confused

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Poison Ivy
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Bombadier that was the case with me, honestly! Not for years though, wasn't until I saw the red breast on the Beeb that I found this place.

This is an age old thing though with forums. I still fondly recall mega flaming on Usenet when someone new came along and asked the same question as had been answered forty times that week. People are sometimes too lazy to read stickies, but want answers immediately.

Little point bashing or labelling new members, save it for the mugus!

you know the amount we are talking here is not a peanut .

U're a slot!!
persephone
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What I like about this forum is that we are a very varied bunch, mainly because baiting requires different attitudes and interests. I am still learning as I go along and I welcome all new people to post their questions and even question the answers given to them. It is the way they learn, and the way other members learn.

The problem is basically common sense. I think the OP was referring to the warning threads, where people have received warnings and questioned their legitimacy. Questioning the advice given by tons of moderators and experienced members is simply something that is not at all logical. It makes me question how much the person really wanted to ask a question instead of promoting his own point of view (note this is not at all directed to FatBastard who started one of those threads - he asked a genuine question and took the advice given. I was referring to other members who kept questioning the advice provided after numerous good reasons).

We are all on the same side here and we all have a different way of learning. Some people lurk for ages before making a first post, some dive right in, others find a middle way. There is no right or wrong way, even though there is a preferred way (yes, read the stickies, THEN post). When I joined it took me quite a while to get familair with the forum. This forum is HUGE compared to the other forums I am a member of, it is extremely active and the topics are very diverse. It took me at least six months, maybe even longer to get the general gist of what was going on in the fake bank forum Laughing

I can fully understand that sometimes new members can post in a way that it is annoying for other members. I do believe however that we should all be proud of the inclusive character of Eater and practise tolerance towards people's way of learning.

I would hate to see that this thread discourages new members to post their question when they are unable to find it in the stickies. Using search is not always a good option.

My point in short: all new members: feel free to post your questions. Just use some common sense when you feel the advice given is not the correct one.

Closed lad accounts loads
pony pony Mortar x46 United States 3x Canada Malaysia 2x Netherlands 2x Nigeria 2x Ghana 3x Ivory Coast 9x United Kingdom 3x Spain Bahamas, The Germany Australia Algerian Flag Togo 2x Cellphone Pretty Rose Safari 4 days of travel - 7 days stuck in airport
JoeTam
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Took me a year to get my first "trophy" pic. And another 3 months to get another. The best thing is just wasting their time and money. Pics are nice, but just screw with them as much as you can. Carry on.

I went to bank. they call police, why you do this to me? I canntsend you anything now.
Goat dog
DrWho
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My only irritant is when new members keep asking "what do I do now?" Is seems more that they don't want to take some time to think and only want the quick easy answers. As though there is a strict formula on how to react. It seems this is a new phenomenon. I don't remember this phrase occurring years ago. Or maybe when after 1 month a member begins giving advice with the conviction that they have seen it all.

The problem with the longer members is that they perpetuate the idea of how easy baiting is by talking about how stupid lads are. They aren't stupid, they run computers and convince people give them money. And that there is a formula for baiting when every lad is different. They also run inside jokes and conversations in the middle of a question that make new members feel left out and want to get with the in crowd, so they tend to try too hard to fit in.

This thread is different in that the ground work that members have to go through is coming out. Very few if any got something on the few tries and many still don't. It took me about 5 baits to get a lad to take me seriously. Then a few more to figure out how to manipulate them. Which techniques work and how to spot them. Still have failures.

Quote:
I guess my question is this: Have many noobies always had this attitude and they eventually settle down or has the recent publicity to 419 scams attracted a breed of ahhh, less mature members?
Very few start with this attitude. Once they have this attitude, they don't settle down, they leave because they can't fool members who know. The less mature members usually show up around the end of school, beginning of summer.

United Nations Mortar x12
"To Serve Man"
Zorro
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Still a copmparative newcomer, I think that all sorts of questions from newbies are quite OK. Sometimes the seniors are a mite impatient with the seemingly pointless questions and that on occassion the moddy's are rather free with the edit button.

On average however, they all are quite understanding and paitent with many oft repeated questions.

Jojo's point about a new guy asking a question, getting an answer, or several answers, and then telling the respondents that they are all wrong - that is an excellent point, as is his avi.

As for baiting and trophies, I am not interested in and do not go after trophies. I bait straight, straight and straight and interested only in keeping it going for as long as I can - my current best is ongoing at 3+ months spent in buying alluvial gold.

There is one way to find out if a man is honest; ask him! If he says yes, you know he's crooked.

The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

DrWho wrote:

The problem with the longer members is that they perpetuate the idea of how easy baiting is by talking about how stupid lads are. They aren't stupid, they run computers and convince people give them money.

Dr. Who's point is great here. That is one thing that newcomers often believe; every lad is stupid. This is not the case. We don't often talk about the guys that are successful and are scamming people out of their money on a daily basis. There is an obvious reason for that- it is not as fun to read about the baits we try that fail within email #2. I got very lcuky when I started... the first two mugus I had were complete trophy machines. But then I realized after, that not every mugu provides a trophy on request.

Zorro- senior members do get a bit snippy at times when things are asked over and over. I personally don't mind answering the same question over and over, I just get annoyed when someone argues with the answer that was given. My avatar thanks you as well.

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree that the lads aren't all stupid. Yes, they tolerate all of our shenanigans and funny names etc. but more likely they don't get the cultural references or just tolerate it to get MONEY. Really, they are more greedy or scam oriented than anything else.

The other point I'd like to make is that there is kind of a double message here on the fora. There are guidelines, advice, etc that are given in general reference to baiting, but then there is the message that there is no set formula for baiting (which is true). I think it is hard for new baiters to understand how both are true and why some ask "What do I do next?" Understanding of how these two are both true seems to only come after a little experience of baiting.

While I'm rambling, I want to point out too that I think some people misunderstand the "slap" mentality. I'm personally not much of a slapper. GomerPyle has talked about this in some of his posts too. New members read about slapping lads and go about it with full gusto BEFORE the lads are on the hook which only makes them look like a difficult victim. From my limited experience it seems that you can only slap them after they're hooked.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
Luther Blissett
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ima Baeder wrote:
I'm personally not much of a slapper.

Shocked People have ended up with custom titles here for sillier reasons. Just ask mr. mugu or TSnerd... Razz

Mod comment: Very true, Luther. I used up my last one on Mr. Mugu, which means that you and Ima (who would be 'SlapHappy') are truly, truly lucky. TS

Not a mod comment: Dang! Surprised There are quotas for everything these days. LB

Banks: Ivory Coast Netherlands United Kingdom Ghana United Nations x1 Nigeria x2 Law Firms: South Africa United Kingdom Nigeria x1 Misc. Mugu Pooh: United Kingdom China x1 United Nations x2 HYIPs: pyramid x25 Phonelad Websites: Cellphone x6

Donate the Nurse, the Eater needs Pants... Err? * Scamwarners.com * Artists against 419 * Kill HYIPs & Ponzi Scams!
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Laughing

@TS whew!!!! *relieved*

Seriously though, what I personally use is the tactic that I'm trying to please them. When they can't open the receipt I sent, I apologize and send another junk file. They will tolerate many more junk files if you don't slap them. I think you can string them along longer and waste more of their time if you act like you're really trying to do what they ask and seem bewildered and frustrated when it's not happening. It's a "we're on the same team" mentality that works for me. But, to each her own.

My previous point was that I think if you slap too hard and too soon you'll just seem difficult and they might drop you. Anyone think this is accurate?

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^Seriously? Yes. Lots of folks talk about slapping and then follow that up with "I lost my lad" two posts later. It has its place, but it isn't the only tool baiters should use, and it depends on the lad.

If all one does is slap, that isn't baiting, that's just abuse.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
Mad4Maya
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Well put. Sometimes you can get a lot further using a guilt tactic rather than an outright slap? "What do you mean you can't get that done? How are we going to accomplish this business if you can't handle that simple task?"

I will like to assure you that this transaction is 100% risk to both parties...Th0mps0n Br0wn
pony pony pony
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ I'd call that a mild rebuke, or even a tiny slappette!
Laughing
I love to slap my lads. But I use it as a last resort, it should always come as a bolt from the blue in my opinion. I've only really slapped, I dunno, 3 times? The rest of the time I'm politeness personified. When it happens, and they're really on the hook, it's one of the most satisfying things for me. Ah, to see that grovelling apology!

Some good points above though, from what I've seen, some guys tend to slap too early, and too much.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
benjaminbunny
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I find being sickeningly grovelly works better than a slap.
"I'm so sorry, I can't understand what the problem is with the MTCN, I'll give them a call and find out... I've called them and it was withdrawn because of some sort of fraud warning. Can I send it to you by bank transfer instead?"
That's not to say I don't slap when necessary Very Happy

Scamwarners.com Advice and info about scams
Jolly Roger pony
callum
Director of Press Relations

Location: On the run from the asylum and this seems like a good place to hide. Blend right in...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ima Baeder wrote:
The kind mods help us feel good being here, the blunt mods help us learn better to not be idiots.

I prefer the drunk mod's. I miss NN....

x 2 teeny part of a large effort Mortar x29 Nurse Nastys Audi TT x5
Trolling is usually symptomatic of bad character, mental problems or ugliness - RIP Jock_2009
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have slapped one of my lads twice in 6 months.
The first time I lost him for about three weeks and I slapped him over the week-end, have not heard from him since. Sad I may never slap him again. After all, I L O V E him! Laughing I am just way far too sweet. Wink

I miss NN too! Sad

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ima Baeder wrote:
... the blunt mods help us learn better to not be idiots.

Next we'll work on your not splitting your goddam infinitives. Cool
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I love your infinitives Very Happy

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
Ari
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Do you love mine?
B. A. Ware
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

benjaminbunny
wrote:
I find being sickeningly grovelly works better than a slap.

I agree. Even better if you can make them feel sorry for you. You can keep them on forever if you can just do that. Works for me.
DrWho
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I would have to say that if anyone thinks they get flamed unfairly here; try posting some of the things we get here in a newsgroup. They are ruthless and will singe your eyebrows.

United Nations Mortar x12
"To Serve Man"
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@Kleindoofy: Sorry. Embarassed Would you believe that I am a teacher?? Embarassed

Couldn't the mods just fix our grammar for us if they spent less time on the PWT?

I really really hope I don't get in trouble for this. You know I'm kidding, I love the mods. Even the mean ones. Laughing

Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

[McCoy]
Damnit, Jim!

I'm a Mod, not an English teacher!
[/McCoy]

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic