SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Scambaiting: Ethical for a Christian?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jedi_Night
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow! Thanks for all the opinions!
I can see why, in some instances, lying is acceptable (such as pointed out- the lying to save Jews from the Nazis during WW2). Lying to save a life is even in Scripture (Abraham lied to save his life and his wife's life when they were in Egypt).
I guess, to me, when I think about it, I ask: "Am I really making a difference?" I guess I would feel better about scambaiting if I knew I was actually doing something. It's just...I start to think about it, and even if I scambait and trick a scammer, they are just going to move on to a real victim. I'm sorry for sounding discouraging, but I just ask if I could really make a difference, and MAYBE steer the scammer away from scamming.
Again, thanks for everyone's comments so far! God bless!

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Jedi_Night wrote:
I'm sorry for sounding discouraging

I thought this was a good discussion and your question was better poised and directed than previous ethics threads. I think your question was a good, honest question.

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Jedi: I'm not sure you will steer the scammer away from scamming, but you are making a difference.

"On the 21st of April 2001, my client? His wife and their three children were involved in a plane crash of Union Transport Africans Flight Boeing 727 in Cotonou, Benin Republic on the December 26,2003" Barrister Olorunshogo Williams, 25 October 2004.

"I am in reciept of your mail,i want you to know that you are really getting on my nerves." Burt Hardley, Wellkang International, 20 November 2007

"Please worry, we have already advice the FBI and they don't need to call you. They are very brianliant and intelident. They will get you soon. " Mr. Paul Rogers, Global Medical Equipment, 20 November 2007

As of 26 February 2009, $2,231,983.53 of fake checks and money orders have been intercepted and removed from circulation.
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Jedi_Night wrote:
and MAYBE steer the scammer away from scamming.

I have been here over 2 years and can think of one scammer who was proven to have quit after being baited. IIRC, it was one of Scam Patroller's lads who quit mostly out of sheer exhaustion.

As MrsBean pointed out, many lads consider themselves to be "good Christians" and see nothing wrong with going to church and praying for good magas.

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
Jedi_Night
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Slayerfaith- Hmmm....maybe that's where I can reach them! To show them the EXTREME error of believing something such as that (that God accepts their cheating/stealing/etc). Thanks for the idea! Very Happy

** Retired **

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Of my short time here, I personally feel that this is about the most logical and open minded question asked so far.

I do not have an opinion on what you feel is right or wrong. You know as well as anyone that we are all different and only you can make the right decision for you, no matter how many opinions you get.

However in reply to your 'Will I make a difference'. I personally believe that since Master Metimbers got this almighty ball rolling, there has been at least 1 scammer said to himself "Man, this is not working" and left scamming for good. Over 4 years of baiting by 10,000+ members is bound by the law of averages to put at least one single lad into retirement out of frustration. And so who is to say that if we (baiters) had not intervened, he could later have scammed a real victim and completely ruined their lives.

No matter who's lad it was, we all should feel a sense of pride in the fact we saved that single victim from losing everything.

Ive heard it said that once a scammer always a scammer, but I dont accept that. Either by chance or fate, a lad will change. Not the majority, but a tiny select few. And it is these select few that hinge on us saving genuine people what they have worked their lives for.

So in my opinion, it is worth it.

sorry for rambling. (phew Embarassed )

Ivory Coast x8 United Kingdom x49 Spain x5 Nigeria x6 United States x3 Switzerland Netherlands x3 Turkey Estonian Flag x10 Malaysia x4 Ukraine Denmark Ghana x2 Russia Indonesia Thailand Germany France x2 Benin x4 Togo United Arab Emirates South Africa x2 Australia Canada Iraq Flag China United Nations
pony Mortar x7 Closed lad accounts a few
Click Here for Free Wigs !

i am no more a baby for going through this kind of stress for 200 pounds. : Hammed - Another satisfied MT7N S3cur3 customer.
l will never lose my leg in Jesus name.......ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeen l can see that you are totally MAD, FUCK YOU TOO!!!!! : Mr Yusuf
full auto
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

With the lack of statistics/data being available, we don't know for sure whether it's a drop in the pond or if we're flooding the 419 market with grief. One thing is for sure though, a fight has to start somewhere. We help in other ways such as raising public awareness of 419 scams, while even providing trouble for those committing the crime. Who cares if it's a drop in the pond, we do make a difference and I'd imagine over time that places like the eater and aa419 will be able to climb further up the hill towards success.

Keep up the work bro, you're doing fine. Very Happy
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
it's a drop in the pond

Sadly, it's that one.

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
Hekate
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm not a Christian, but I will say 'do unto others'. Twisted Evil

We have on our programms according to the lay down rules to pay the Asians mostly the indians and malasians now and after that it may change. Rev. James Ucheomma

do you really think that i am just a stupid man like you,listen for the veru last time if i did'nt see XXXX after 24 hours you will heat your self.. [love scammer Chucks]

IT'S NOT I LOOKING FOR WORK.GOD FORBID.I CAN BE IN AN OCEAN AND WASH MY HEAD WITH MY SPIT. THANKS AND GOD BLESS.
MARK DOUGLAS.

United Kingdom France 2 x Netherlands
Cellphone
Safari See SP's Irish Safari!
Mortar x14
Golden Pith

Click here to support 419Eater.com

Last edited by Hekate on Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
spoilsport
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@DR-x: everyone is entitled to an opinion and should feel free to be able to discuss it here, as long as it concerns scambaiting or fringes upon the borders of it and may touch areas as ethics. It is completly different if we were to compare the Qu'ran and the Bible for instance, THAT has nothing to do with baiting. You voiced your opinion as well, and everyone else must feel free to say their say.

As far as I am concerned, I am not religious, but i feel by wasting the baiters time, I am preventing him from going after innocent people, therefore I do not feel guilty, because these people are crooks!

Thank you for giving me space to rant, and forgive me if I insulted anyone. I stand corrected and await your PM's.

Spoilsport

-"Today I went to see my doctor for medical check and he placed me on a six house bed rest" -Gen. Bry4nt J0hns0n
-noobies: click here
Doctor X
** ACCOUNT CLOSED **

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Actually, not everyone is entitled to an opinion if it is not informed, willfully ignorant, or otherwise misleading.

--J.D.

kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^^ Oh yes they are entitled. Our whole democratic voting system is based on that.

However, that doesn't mean one has to pay any attention to them. Wink
Doctor X
** ACCOUNT CLOSED **

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^^^You're FOOLING yourself!! We're living in a dictatorship!!!

--J. "Well I Didn't Vote for You!" D.

419h8r
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Doctor X wrote:

Trust me, you are not. You dont even want to know what thats like...getting back to the point: I think the fact that we're trying to save all those victims makes it ethical. I mean these people are the lowest form of scum youever want to meet. So I think iscambaiting is the right thing to do.

It is written in the scripture that " thou shall not suffer a witch to
live"
-Cpt Br1@n to Fr W1ll1@m C00per, expressing frustration that a fellow lad had chopped his dollar.
Spooky Tooth
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

First of all, amazed it took until page 2 for Jojo to Godwin this thread, I expected it halfway in page one. Twisted Evil

Now the obligatory personal opinion.

As an agnostic who feels the Creator issue can wait until I am dead, if there is one, and if not it won't matter, I try to live by my own morals for my own sense of well-being, and trying to improve the world a little bit before i move on and add to the fertilizer content of the Earth. Wasting these dirtbags' time at least reduces harm, if not outright improving things as far as I am concerned.

Go by your own ethics, regardless of if you feel they are divinely inspired or part of your internal makeup. That's all I can say. Make your own choice, or if you have to, ask your fellow Church members/pastor etc.

However the Bible is such a contradictory collection of legends and parables that I am sure there will be no problem finding quotes to suit your internal direction, which seems to lean towards baiting if you are even posting here. Smile

** ACCOUNT CLOSED **

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

419h8r wrote:
Doctor X wrote:

Trust me, you are not. You dont even want to know what thats like...

This might help. . . .

--J. "Come See the Violence Inherent in the System!" D.

kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok, folks, this thread is slowly degrading.

Back on track please.
Doctor X
** ACCOUNT CLOSED **

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

"Help! Help! I'm being repressed!!"

--J.D.

419h8r
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Doctor X wrote:
This might help. . . .

--J. "Come See the Violence Inherent in the System!" D.

LOL. Ok that definitely helped. Got it...Sorry

live"
-Cpt Br1@n to Fr W1ll1@m C00per, expressing frustration that a fellow lad had chopped his dollar.
Splash
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am rather familiar with that church and am somewhat aware of its work in Africa. I am not sure the theological poins are important as they relate to scamming and baiting, it has a different flavor than the more "evangelical" churches that seem to be so popular there. I wonder if that makes a difference in how the lads target the church or how they attack people that they think are members. The Masters around here might know, but I've never seen a format that included the lad trying to be an Adventist.

A friend that is an Adventist almost got hosed by a scammer. it was more begging than scamming but the thing that almost got her was that the lad seemed to have looked up the name of his local church and found the name of the next higher administrative unit and that threw the almost victim off.

I'd like to say that there is no such thing as an Adventist lad, but that seems sadly unreasonable.
Doctor X
** ACCOUNT CLOSED **

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^My pleasure.

ANYways . . . to avoid future "violence inherent in the system," I think baiters have to familiarize themselves with what these Lads actually do to people. What they actually do.

These are evil people, Gentlemen.

They deserve what they get.

--J.D.

The False Italian
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Proverbs 4.19 wrote:
The way of the wicked is like darkness; they know not on what they stumble.

Let the wicked mugus stumble. Twisted Evil
icepeople
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm a Christain myself. Orthodox to be exact. I consider scam-baiting to simply be a consequence of being a scammer. If you are 419 scammer you WILL run into some baiters. I do this because I don't believe we should simply roll over and let evil have it's way without a fight. Every one of us baiters is standing in the way of someone who may have otherwise been a victim. Personally I believe that there should be hundreds of thousands of more baiters in the world to make the 419 scamming career alot less lucrative. I feel that this is the baiters ultimate gaol. To achieve this goal we must have numbers. Join us so the numbers can increase.
419h8r
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Doctor X wrote:

These are evil people, Gentlemen.

They deserve what they get.

--J.D.

U're so right.

live"
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Very nicely said icepeople. I agree. Very Happy

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic