SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Off to E Europe

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
GordonBennett
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I fancy flying halfway around the world and going to Bucharest, Hungary, Slovakia and Czech republic before heading to more familiar ground in W Europe. Any suggestions for E Europe?
(It's gotta be cheaper than I am!) Smile

Purple Flower

Last edited by GordonBennett on Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reaper
Hello I'm New here!

Location: Travelling in a fried-out combie. On a hippie trail, head full of zombie...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

inbetween East and West would be Switzerland, its a nice place even in the summer, good bankers as well Wink

110+United KingdomNigeriaSpainNetherlandsGhanaChinaIvory CoastUnited StatesSwitzerlandAustraliaFranceDenmarkSierra LeoneEuropean UnionSenegalUnited NationsRussiaBurkina FasoBeninCzech RepublicQuestion
Cellphone x15 Mortar x18 Closed lad accounts 50+

SafariSafariSafari Shola - 4.3k miles Lagos - Abidjan | Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos - Sokoto "i have not eaten anything except water"
SafariSafari Mr Floyd - Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos -N'Djamena --> Abeche, with RS (7 days in hell Rolling Eyes ) "we are dieing here"

Art Trophies: <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129502">Eva Bust</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135167">Reaper's Art Gallery</a>

- I am the King of Rome, and above grammar
Easter Egg
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Reaper wrote:
inbetween East and West would be Switzerland ...

Huh?? Shocked
breadcrumb
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ I don�t get it....in what way is Switzerland inbetween East and Western europe? It is neither geographically, politically and most of all: it isn�t cheap by ANY standard... Shocked

"your papa, i do you ok, you do fuck your self off goodday" Hitman lad to Usm4an B3ll0
"fuck you and your mumu family for ever andv ever, you go die for bicycle accident this year" Hitman to Usm4n B3ll0
"once again thank you for the disappointment and arranged confussion." Barrister Ise
"Do you said am stupid" lad posing as Mike Pence
Click here to support 419Eater.com
Postcount doesn´t matter.
pony Rolling Eyes (Admin Certified)
9x United Kingdom 2x Spain Benin Netherlands Nigeria Switzerland
Mortar x12
Zorro
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Austria and/or Poland

There is one way to find out if a man is honest; ask him! If he says yes, you know he's crooked.

The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.
breadcrumb
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

*sniff* thank you for putting austria into eastern europe....we are central europe... Shocked Shocked

greetings from Austria Wink

"your papa, i do you ok, you do fuck your self off goodday" Hitman lad to Usm4an B3ll0
"fuck you and your mumu family for ever andv ever, you go die for bicycle accident this year" Hitman to Usm4n B3ll0
"once again thank you for the disappointment and arranged confussion." Barrister Ise
Mortar x12
Reaper
Hello I'm New here!

Location: Travelling in a fried-out combie. On a hippie trail, head full of zombie...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

yep my geography needs desperate help....well it has been neutral it's entire life...by that why it could be centre...sorry just trying to salvage my horrible geography

considering my ancestors come from Switzerland I should know were it is..though I'm in Australia

110+United KingdomNigeriaSpainNetherlandsGhanaChinaIvory CoastUnited StatesSwitzerlandAustraliaFranceDenmarkSierra LeoneEuropean UnionSenegalUnited NationsRussiaBurkina FasoBeninCzech RepublicQuestion

SafariSafariSafari Shola - 4.3k miles Lagos - Abidjan | Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos - Sokoto "i have not eaten anything except water"
SafariSafari Mr Floyd - Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos -N'Djamena --> Abeche, with RS (7 days in hell Rolling Eyes ) "we are dieing here"

Art Trophies: <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129502">Eva Bust</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135167">Reaper's Art Gallery</a>

Easter Egg

Last edited by Reaper on Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Poland is probably 'the road less travelled' from a tourist point of view, but the language is a bugger! Laughing

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
Zorro
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

/\
Brdcrmb

Why the sniff? What's wrong with E Europe? Austria borders Slovenia, Hungary and Czech Republic - all proper East Europe countries.

And anyway Austria is one of the most beatiful countries I have seen.

There is one way to find out if a man is honest; ask him! If he says yes, you know he's crooked.

The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.
bombardier
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Bulgaria is the place to go, any one of the Black Sea resorts will do but i recommend Albena. (Just don,t take the wife Wink )

pony pony Mortar x18
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Some of the ex-Soviet era countries are becoming popular tourist destinations.
Latvia and Lithuania are two that spring to mind and they are particularly friendly on the wallet.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
Reaper
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you really want to go budged go in a youth HOSTEL but be carefull with the suss looking youth HOSTEL's Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Easter Egg
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Poland is lovely. Warsaw is probably your best bet as it's less touristy the Krakow and therefore a bit cheaper.

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
breadcrumb
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Why the sniff?

The *sniff* was because we have never been part of the warsaw pact or behind the iron curtain Wink That�s nothing against these countries, it�s just that we have been a "western country" back then Wink We might be a little over-sensitive about that though Wink Laughing

Quote:
And anyway Austria is one of the most beatiful countries I have seen.

I am glad you enjoyed it here Smile

Mortar x12
BonneSource
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Prague is excellent, if you go to the Czech Republic you should definitely go to Prague. They have a beautiful old center and the night life is great as well.
When I was there two years ago I really enjoyed it.

I have also been to Minsk in Belarus which was quite nice, and I liked Lviv in Ukraine a lot as well. If you should really end up in Minsk try going to a soccer game. I saw Belarus vs. Scotland and the atmosphere was absolutely amazing, it just blow me away.

I hear Krak�w, Poland is very nice too but I have only been there once to change trains and have not really seen a lot but it made a nice impression nonetheless.

I'm sure there are beautiful places in the other countries as well but I can talk about what I already visited, hope it helps.
BS

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I was in Bratislava a few weeks ago - can wholeheartedly recommend it!

We have on our programms according to the lay down rules to pay the Asians mostly the indians and malasians now and after that it may change. Rev. James Ucheomma

do you really think that i am just a stupid man like you,listen for the veru last time if i did'nt see XXXX after 24 hours you will heat your self.. [love scammer Chucks]

IT'S NOT I LOOKING FOR WORK.GOD FORBID.I CAN BE IN AN OCEAN AND WASH MY HEAD WITH MY SPIT. THANKS AND GOD BLESS.
MARK DOUGLAS.

United Kingdom France 2 x Netherlands
Cellphone
Safari See SP's Irish Safari!
Mortar x14
Golden Pith

persephone
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you like cocktails, I can recommend the Book Club (hope that is the right name) in Prague. My brother lives in Prague and I find it very useful to have a person to show me around who speaks the language. I love Prague, but the language barrier can be challenging, since I found that the older generation does not always speak English. In that one bar, you can get some very good, and cheap cocktails, the music is not too loud to have a conversation and the staff speaks fluent English and is very friendly.

Closed lad accounts loads
pony pony Mortar x46 United States 3x Canada Malaysia 2x Netherlands 2x Nigeria 2x Ghana 3x Ivory Coast 9x United Kingdom 3x Spain Bahamas, The Germany Australia Algerian Flag Togo 2x Cellphone Pretty Rose Safari 4 days of travel - 7 days stuck in airport
GordonBennett
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the tips. I'm flying to the UK to see my ailing parent and have a friend in Prague to see as well. As my SO comes from Moldova I thought I'd see a bit of Romania (dunno, it made more sense when I first planned it) and head to Prague from the East. Gives me a chance to tick a few more countries off (45 so far).

I really am a cheap arse - I'd rather take a night train or hitch than pay for a hostel (and God forbid a hotel). Hell, I'd sleep in a doorway to save a few bob, so I must admit to wondering where Switzerland came in on the cheap East European countries description Very Happy Plus, been there, done that - beautiful country. I swear they get up and mow the damned mountains every day.

I plan coming to Moldova from the Russian side in a year's time, so will see Ukraine and Poland (and Georgia - looks nice) and then go to Turkey via Bulgaria. This trip is just a dash through Romania, Hungary, Slovakia and Cz before bolting to Paris.

I've heard Cluj in E Rom is nice. I'll definitely check out the Book Club in Prague. Any more details on the location? I could also go to Borat's 'home' which is Glod, 20 miles north of Bucharest. When I told my SO she laughed and said it translates as 'mud' or 'dirt'. But then she also said beware of the gypsies. Doesn't mind me going through Transylvania though..

Purple Flower
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

GordonBennett wrote:
... I thought I'd see a bit of Romania ...

Take some hay along to feed the engine for your rental "car." Wink
benjaminbunny
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You can get a bus from London to Prague - 17 hours, so that takes care of one nights accommodation Wink

Scamwarners.com Advice and info about scams
Jolly Roger pony
GordonBennett
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
London to Prague - 17 hours

That's pretty damned quick! How much for Prague to London?

Purple Flower
Raymond Luxury-Yacht
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Gordon: When in Prague, make sure to stick with your friend and have him show you around. The city center is ridiculously overpriced, since the tourists do not know local prices.

I am not from Prague but I have some knowledge of it, since I visit the city every month or so, so if you need some tips on what to see there, PM me.

<b>Rebbeca Steve: </b>You are a failure where ever you are. Mugu like you;you dont have money you dont help peopls,after what God has done for you,still you refused to pay your tithe to God,you will remain poor.
<b>Anthony Audu: </b>I am getting frustrated and confused because very soon my family will be out on the streets
Dark Spirit
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am in Hungary so if you pass through be sure to say Hi Wink

God himself wii judge you for trying to delay and make someones life a waste, Mother felicia, April 30th 2007
Thanks very much for fooling me ok and i dont have any other thing to say, Helimina Bright, May 1st 2007
Pleasantly, that we have understanding and continue intercourse, Elena USSR vlad, May 1st 2007
"read the stickies and the faqs." Newbie forum
pony
GordonBennett
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'll put my travels up on the web somewhere - bound to have some hijinks. Thanks to raymondluxuryyacht for some brilliant tips on Prague. Very Happy

Purple Flower
persephone
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Found a linky for that bar: http://prague.tv/prague/nightlife/cocktail-bars/tynska-bar-and-books
well, ALMOST got the title correctly Laughing

Closed lad accounts loads
pony pony Mortar x46 United States 3x Canada Malaysia 2x Netherlands 2x Nigeria 2x Ghana 3x Ivory Coast 9x United Kingdom 3x Spain Bahamas, The Germany Australia Algerian Flag Togo 2x Cellphone Pretty Rose Safari 4 days of travel - 7 days stuck in airport
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic