SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Lawsuit by Lad?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
jackndebocks
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Howdy!

I recently posted my first pic from a lad (http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=112851) and when I shared the news with a friend, as well as the idea of publishing it on my personal blog, he raised an interesting question: can the lad sue me for publishing her picture without her consent?

I figure that the possibility of Mar1a M0gu engaging me on a lawsuit is remote, but nevertheless I think my friend�s question is valid.

Opinions?

"I will call you for an oral discussion."

"Please let us conclude this deal since the fund has been brought to UK under your name so that we can get richer and stop insulting me personality."
bombardier
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Who will she sue, your baiting character? Laughing

pony pony Mortar x18
thefife
Baiting Guru

Location: Soaked in Holy Ghost Fiyah...it tastes like chicken

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

They can't sue you for putting pics online that they sent you. Once it's sent to you (esp. via internet), they can't claim privacy rights. At any rate, unless it's a real trophy, the pic they sent you is probably not them anyway, even more reason they can't sue you.

Barr. Johnny Gawa: Hello Baby.
Let hope to make it more real for good. (+2 pics of him rockin his delicate underthings)

Pastor Ramesh:Dear Mother Guch33y B4ggs in christ,
...So we want repair our tached prayer house. If you would like to help us 500 dollars it will be great help...Now I am some pictures for your kind notice. I am waiting for your reply.
Thanking you. Yours in His service (+ Banner!)

Pastor Ramesh: I dont want any luxary life ...Presently I need bicycle. It cost nearly $100 dollars. If you give this it is great need for me.

Mortar 10+ Twisted Evil
jackndebocks
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No, a court order would certainly take care of that.

I mean, it would be kind of twisted if somehow lads were able to get anything out of baiters in a legal fight. Shocked

"Please let us conclude this deal since the fund has been brought to UK under your name so that we can get richer and stop insulting me personality."
Otterfan
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

She'll probably demand that you pay for her barrister for the case. By Western Union, of course.

"I have to sale something now to be able to drink water." -- Alice Idris on safari in Cotonou
"why did you waste my time like this why." -- US Army Captain William D Swenson
Hello Kitty! <--TS certified.

Easter Egg
jackndebocks
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Laughing

I could deal with the good old WU....

Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You don't actually own the copyright to your own image.

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
jackndebocks
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sure, like most around, but I was thinking more of a bunch of pissed-off lads getting together and Idea kinda thing.

The Mugu class-action suit
Laughing

jackndebocks
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hell, perhaps I should delete this topic, don�t wanna give them any ideas....

Wink

B. A. Ware
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Try suing one of them and see how far you get.

My guess is they wouldn't do any better.
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That must be why we only see Shiver now and again - dealing with all those sharp Armani suited New York lawyers the Lads hire.

Correction - I mean barristers, of course, in funny wigs. It's more likely you'll get killed by the world's first Intercontinental Ballistic Banana.

Actually that gives me an idea for a baiting scenario - pretending to be an ambulance chasing firm of lawyers asking Lads to sign up if their feeling have ever been hurt by a baiter. Laughing

I'll give that further thought.

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
persephone
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mugu walks into police station to file report.

Mugu: I want to report somebody putting my picture on the internet.
police officer: what happened?
Mugu: I was trying to scam..... erm.... well, uh...... conduct business over the internet, but this guy asked me to send him a picture.
Police: alright. What kind of picture?
Mugu: well, I had to have a sign saying 'I am the mugu, you are the master'.
Police officer laughing
Mugu: and he put this on the internet on an anti scam website.
Police officer: anti - scam? Anything we need to talk about?

Mugu decides to walk out of police station.

Hm...... changes of your mugu successfully suing your baiter character (false name, false address, fake everything) will be very, very, very slim. Just as good as my chances of finally getting that lottery money Laughing I would not loose any sleep over it Wink

Closed lad accounts loads
pony pony Mortar x46 United States 3x Canada Malaysia 2x Netherlands 2x Nigeria 2x Ghana 3x Ivory Coast 9x United Kingdom 3x Spain Bahamas, The Germany Australia Algerian Flag Togo 2x Cellphone Pretty Rose Safari 4 days of travel - 7 days stuck in airport
full auto
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Even if the mugu gets past the police, and levels a charge of copyright and/or personal privacy abuse, you can still counter sue for fraudulent business claims. Laughing The legal world has some nice vicious circles that I think the lads would stay out of as they're a little on the shady side to begin with.
jackndebocks
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, I'm not worried at all about a Mugu vs. Baiter claim, but, nowadays you see the most ridiculous suits filling courtrooms, so I figured my friend's comment was not such a long shot.

I agree with you all.

However, if Mar1a ever sues me, I'll probably throw a pedicure as my settlement offer Laughing

The man from Mars
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You clearly have little understanding of the Nigerian legal system

Mugu : I would like to report my image being used on the internet
Police man : My brother in law is the local mayor. How much $$ will
you give me to avoid a nasty road accident in the next few days?
Mugu : Please sir, me just little boi ...
Police man : Fuck off.

TMFM
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

jackndebocks wrote:
.....can the lad sue me for publishing her picture without her consent?

Who are you? Laughing

Her? Her?

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
fsnuffer
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If the lad does threaten to sue you, pretend to be afraid, draw him into your trap, and then crush him like the cockroach he is. The first thought that comes to my mind is to send him on safari. Something like this:

Quote:
Dear Barrister,
I really do not want to ruin my reputation via the legal system. My younger sister, Traci Lords, is working as a volunteer in Benin. If we can come to a mutual settlement, I will send the money and release documents to her. Once you sign the documents in her presence, she will give you the $52,000 dollars to settle this matter

Any threat a lad throws at you is an opportunity. Let him think the threat has worked, pretend to cower, then when he is vulnerable - strike mercilessly. I would like to think this is covered by Sun Tzu but it is not

Mortar x2
Angry
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, it's too bad he didn't really threaten to sue you. That would be loads of fun.

Red
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

In regards to your original question about the legality of it:

As was mentioned previously, they cannot claim damages as a result of breach of privacy because their picture was displayed.

If they gave you the picture then the picture becomes yours to do with as you wish.

There's really only two possibilities for them to have a recourse in law:

1. You posed as a solicitor or doctor and thus owe them a fiduciary duty not to breach confidence.

2. You defamed them in some way, i.e. you wrote on the picture "this person drinks the blood of children".

Otherwise, no, they can't do anything even if they wanted to.

But realistically... theses guys want as little to do with the authorities as possible.

It is more than likely your lad has much court room experience.

Problem for him is that he was wearing cuffs at the time.
Franc28
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

fsnuffer wrote:
Any threat a lad throws at you is an opportunity. Let him think the threat has worked, pretend to cower, then when he is vulnerable - strike mercilessly. I would like to think this is covered by Sun Tzu but it is not

Sounds more like Aikido to me. Wait for an attack, then use your opponent's energies to your advantage. At least, this is in line with the baiter proverb, "don't spend more time on this than he does."

Fighting the forces of censorship and getting his sig deleted by admins since 1989.
Obi-Wan Knievel
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I would love to see a lawsuit of this type! Just picture it... a stack of international arrest warrants issued to baiter characters.

The NBI (Nigerian Bureau of Investigation) top ten most wanted: Duane Pipe, Al Turego, John Q. Public, Heywood Jablomi, et al. All are wanted for internet imaginary copyright infringement. Suspects are considered unarmed and very dangerous. Contact Professor Soludo or Maryam Abacha's barrister in strict confidence if you have any information...
MikeH
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Dear Barrister,
I really do not want to ruin my reputation via the legal system. My younger sister, Traci Lords, is working as a volunteer in Benin. If we can come to a mutual settlement, I will send the money and release documents to her. Once you sign the documents in her presence, she will give you the $52,000 dollars to settle this matter

If the lad actually goes to Benin and you then fail to provide the $52,000, then he can sue you for breach of contract--you promised, he kept his end of the bargain, but then you didn't deliver. Same for any safari, actually. But don't lose any sleep over this possibility either. Image

404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404
Red
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^ Only problem is that the lad never intended to provide consideration for the contract and thus the contract is not binding.

The lad would be better off suing for psychological damages (or "nervous shock" as English law describes it)... considering the antics I've seen baiters put their prey through on here he might have a chance!
jackndebocks
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Could make for some interesting cross examination:

For the court, Mr./Mrs. Baiter, could you explain "dollar chopping"?

Laughing

Red
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Its a good thing they have plenty of Barristers at their disposal...

Or is that barista....?

Next time I get an email from my resident Barrister Go0dluck I'm going to ask for a skinny macchiato with one sugar. Smile
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic