SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

I think I got a safari...but I have no way to prove it

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Da Mayor
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 11:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have a lad (Mr. 4bdul) who has a Nigeria based IP number. He told me to Moneygram his associate (Mr. Uy@emesig0) located in Cotonou, Benin. Instead, I send the cash via Moneygram to Niamtougou, Benin. The distance between the two cities is about 220 miles.

Well this morning, I get an email from my lad:

Quote:
ATTN: SIR.
WE DID NOT RECEIVE ANY MONEY . YOU DID NOT SEND THE FEE I GO TO MONEY GRAM TO PICK THE $400 THEY TOLD ME THAT THERE IS NO MONEY Shocked Very Happy WHERE WHY?

4BDUL

Well considering I sent the cash to his associate (Mr. Uy@emesig0), no wonder the poor guy couldn't get the money. I sent him this:

Quote:
Mr. Abdul,

This is impossible. I sent the money with the following information:

Receiver : IGN4TIUS UY4EMESIG0
Address :Niamtougou, Benin Republic
Text Question : Who is the greatest?
Answer : God
Moneygram Reference Number: xxxxxxxxx

So no wonder you were not able to get the money. I sent it to Mr.
Uy@emesig0, not to you Mr. 4bdul. Where did you go to pick the money
up? I bet you did not go to the proper place! Also, didn't I tell you to send me an email upon arriving in Niamtougou? You did not do anything I have asked. Please explain yourself.

Da Mayor

Seems to me that if this 4bdul fella is located in Nigeria, but he is whining that he went to get the money, but it was not there, then He (someone) must have went from Nigeria to Niamtougou, right? Does this count as a safari?

Da Mayor
Breddan Butter
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 11:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Laughing
He won't have moved off his butt.
He could have already been in Benin or have an associate there.
Laughing
Lads don't go zooming from country to country at the drop of a hat.

There is another alternative. He could have popped into his local Moneygram office to check if a remittance had been made.

My IP address is 217.21.39.255. (86.57.134.49 on Sundays) Please don't come knocking on my door.
Hellbastard
419Eater is my life

Location: Outside the Western Union office, with a sniper rifle.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No e-mail from an IP address in a different country = No safari. Sad

Ah well, not to worry. Just tell him you noticed you got his name wrong on the form or something and try again. Smile
Da Mayor
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
There is another alternative. He could have popped into his local Moneygram office to check if a remittance had been made

I thought that if I sent a moneygram to another city, that they must go to that city to pick it up? I remember reading that here
Breddan Butter
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 1:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I believe that the receiver only needs three things to collect remitted funds from any Money Gram location worldwide.
1. Proof of identity
2. Remittance reference number
3. Remittance password

Your lad will know the system far better than me and he'll also know all the dodges as well. Laughing

My IP address is 217.21.39.255. (86.57.134.49 on Sundays) Please don't come knocking on my door.
FiveForces
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 3:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I thought they dont even need ID if you go for the security password option?

"GO AND DIE AND NOPT LIVE OK, YOU STUPID FOUL YOU TAKEW ME FOR PLAY? SEND YOUR SHIPPING INFO AND THAT ALL YOU TALK STUPID, SEND ME YOUR NUMBER THAT ALKL I NEED FROM YOU. NO NUKMBER GO AND DON;T SEND NO MONEY AND SEND HAVE NO PUPPY"
~ Bri Thany

"The whole situation is becoming ridiculous and absurd. Its hard to explain how a transaction that normally takes a few minutes to be concluded is starting to run into weeks."
~ Genesis Art & Craft

"you are treating me like a fool which is not supposed to be done"
~ Barryston Morgan

"I don't understand this...Its like you are playing on my intelligence."
~ Peter Roy
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 4:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^^ Yes, the test question and answers on Western Union are security features, they are not supposed to be used the way the lads use them, they are supposed to be used, for example, if you are on holiday and have your wallet and passport stolen, leaving you with no ID, a relative back home can send you money via Western Union and tell you the test question and answer and the MTCN, enabling you to pick up the money they sent without you having to show any ID at WU, I assume MoneyGram works on the same basis.

@ Da Mayor, I go with what BB said above, the lad obviously has a friend in Benin, who either went for the payment, or the lad might have a contact in MoneyGram, as some lads do, and they told him there was nothing there, unfortunatley, without an IP from Benin, there is not much you can do to confirm anything, not that it would help much anyway, as you don't know the Benin lads IP and he will be travelling within the same country, so the IP will still say Benin

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery

Last edited by Scam Patroller on Thu May 31, 2007 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Da Mayor
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 4:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks everyone for the education. I am learning slowly but surely. I will see what the lad has to say this evening when I check my baiting email adress.
Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 4:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's my understanding that when sending money via either MG or WU, you can go into ANY office with the MTCN number and pick up the money, regardless of where it was sent "to". Isn't that the way it works?

I must assume so, because I've got two baits going on right now in which the lads are claiming to be in the UK, but their IP's say Nigeria, and they are having me send the money by WU. One of them already got an MTCN number from 1TV5 and went down to a WU office, where of course there was no cash. And I know for a fact he didn't travel to the UK!

Closed lad accounts x15 Malaysia X1 United Kingdom X1

Hello Kitty! <---TS certified.
FiveForces
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

/\/\/\/\

He might have a contact in the UK, my lotto lad does.

@SP cheers for the info

"GO AND DIE AND NOPT LIVE OK, YOU STUPID FOUL YOU TAKEW ME FOR PLAY? SEND YOUR SHIPPING INFO AND THAT ALL YOU TALK STUPID, SEND ME YOUR NUMBER THAT ALKL I NEED FROM YOU. NO NUKMBER GO AND DON;T SEND NO MONEY AND SEND HAVE NO PUPPY"
~ Bri Thany

"The whole situation is becoming ridiculous and absurd. Its hard to explain how a transaction that normally takes a few minutes to be concluded is starting to run into weeks."
~ Genesis Art & Craft

"you are treating me like a fool which is not supposed to be done"
~ Barryston Morgan

"I don't understand this...Its like you are playing on my intelligence."
~ Peter Roy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic