SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Scammers taking on scambaiters' names

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Fat Old Catt
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 4:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

A scammer calling himself John Calvin just tried to scam me (incidentally, who baited him as John Calvin? That was an interesting choice of character)

Have you heard of scammers taking scambaiter names? Post some classic ones here, if you know any.

Last edited by Fat Old Catt on Wed May 30, 2007 1:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 4:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I was about to suggest that it's a coincidence, but I have gotten emails from scammers using the names Wesley Clark and John Kerry.

No, they weren't pretending to be the real people with those names, instead they were barristers trying to help me get some funds left behind by some long-lost relatives that I didn't know that I had.

"On the 21st of April 2001, my client? His wife and their three children were involved in a plane crash of Union Transport Africans Flight Boeing 727 in Cotonou, Benin Republic on the December 26,2003" Barrister Olorunshogo Williams, 25 October 2004.

"I am in reciept of your mail,i want you to know that you are really getting on my nerves." Burt Hardley, Wellkang International, 20 November 2007

"Please worry, we have already advice the FBI and they don't need to call you. They are very brianliant and intelident. They will get you soon. " Mr. Paul Rogers, Global Medical Equipment, 20 November 2007

As of 26 February 2009, $2,231,983.53 of fake checks and money orders have been intercepted and removed from circulation.
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 4:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Scammers often take on baiters' names and identities. This is one reason we now discourage sending any type of ID that can be reused on real victims. How many folks here have gotten a scam mail from Wan Quin with matching passport?

[Edit]- Need to type faster, BA Wink

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star

Last edited by SlayerFaith on Mon May 28, 2007 4:49 am; edited 1 time in total
B. A. Ware
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 4:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

FOC,

Thats not uncommon at all. They use names that they think we will relate to and that includes some that we have "given" them.

I have seen several names that I'm sure they got from baiters. Very Happy

I love it.

Always,
B. A. Ware

EDIT: SF beat me to it.
EDIT: Sorry about the typo FOC, I corrected it. Embarassed

Last edited by B. A. Ware on Mon May 28, 2007 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fat Old Catt
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 5:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@ B. A. Ware:

"OFC?" Razz

But anyway, I think it's great that they're using these names. I don't think quite as many people will fall for a scam e-mail sent by a "Dr. Hugh G. Rection."

Hmm, perhaps we should get into the practice of not telling the lads what the names mean when we burn them, to increase the chances of their adopting them?

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 5:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Fat Old Catt wrote:
perhaps we should get into the practice of not telling the lads what the names mean when we burn them

Better yet, don't burn them.

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka

Naked Mod pics!
star
Fat Old Catt
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 5:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

hmm, does burn mean what I think it does? Confused

We really need to include that one in the "Definitions" thread, because I might be a little confused as to the term's meaning.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 5:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

"Burning" a lad means letting him know that he's been baited. Whilst there are 2 schools of thought on the issue, many of us don't ever do this (except in extreme circumstances). Letting a lad know that he's been baited, esp if you have used some of the fun shipping, testing, or verification modalities commonly seen here, can educate your lad about baiter techniques and help him learn to avoid baiters in the future.

Many of us prefer to have our characters twig thanks to a helpful WU or MG agent-friend-family member, or just fade away and leave him wondering what he did wrong.

Naked Mod pics!
star
Fat Old Catt
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 6:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ah, so it DOES mean what I thought it meant. Cool I have at least that to my credit.

Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 5:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@SlayerFaith,

I always thought it meant the same as slapping.

Oh well, you learn something new every day.
Marcus Fon Cleanzer
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 5:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I got a barrister going by the name of Dan Zing.. maybe it's a baiter's name?

"Please kindly send the money in the name of God." -- Rev Dr Roger Hedges
"i have to sell my wife's jewerries to raise the requested 550 dollars, so i will advice you to go and pick up the money as it will not be useful anymore" --
"I repeat if this is a scam activity , stop writing us, else we will report this to fbi /Interpol" --
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 8:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am aware that there are two schools of thought in this area, but I am a firm believer that it is way more fun and damage to never let on you are a baiter.

Currently I have been exposed as a liar by my Mr Tutut| (see sig line) but I won't accept it, and am just filling his head with paranoia and confusion. Heck - as he called the female personna I was using 'wife', I have even told him he won't get any sex Laughing

I can even use the fact that he knows that I am a cheat and liar to my advantage to make him bite other bait I offer him, because he believes who I am still, and doesn't know I am both the male and female characters baiting him. If he knows I am a baiter, I lose that opportunity.

I am also going to come at him from several more directions, and if he is told clearly I am a baiter he will be much more suspicious, not that he is the brightest star in the firmament.

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
Hellbastard
419Eater is my life

Location: Outside the Western Union office, with a sniper rifle.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 9:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think you've got to weigh up the pros and cons. Most lads seem to be dimly aware that there are baiters out there and, far from burning them, you're probably just confirming their worst suspicions about you anyway.

However, if you've extracted a really great trophy out of a lad then burning him could let you really put the boot in and show him he's been utterly humiliated. To a naive wannabe lad who knows no better, a bait is just a failed scam. By spelling out to him that it's not going to be easy money, you might just persuade him that a more legitimate career is a better bet.
Tigbitties
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Going back to the OP�s question, I�m currently baiting a scammer who calls himself Benjamin Dover. Also, I recently baited Derek Trotter.

Click here for Singing Lads and listen to the back catalogue for talented lads singing. Includes Bohemian Rhapsody, Postman Pat, The Lumberjack Song, Nellie the Elephant, Old Macdonald Had a Farm, Money - That's what I Want and many more.
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If you can get them using a stupid baiter name, that will be a better chance of a would be victim laughing instead of replying.

I have had a barrister called Cliff Hanger, obviously lifted from a baiter.

Never correct them, or let them know their name means something that they don't know about.

It works both ways, sometimes the lads are laughing at you with the names they use. I Googled a Barrister's name to find out he was the Nigerian entry on 'American Idol'. Shocked

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
Jervis Tetch
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@tigbitties^-Please let me know how that Derek Trotter bait works out. And the one with Mr Dover too. I await your reply.

hellbastard^

The lads know well of 'us' fighting them from various venues and the repercussions, be it their ogas on their asses or scamlad shop-talk in the Netcafe. They know that of the thousand scam offers they send out daily they might get a reply from that rare .oo1% who do what we do. Strangers in the net--doo be doo be doo.

What a FUCK, for doing this i will make sure by tomorrow i will be in Washington and send the FBI to pick you up where ever you are by all means just believe i must do this and use it as a prove that i am who i am. I give you just 1 hour to take my passport out from that page or eles when i get to Washington there will be no forgiveness just take my word. I will send all boxes and documents covering the boxes in your name to Washington and you will be asked so many question and if possible you will go to Jail with my power i PROMISE I MUST DO IT.
His Excellency Ambassador Dr. Kwame Bawuah-Edusei
Jason_dinAlt
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 9:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am on the side that NEVER lets the lad know he has been baited.

I have had a lad re-use my Kerk Pyrru5 baiter name, and unfortunately the passport I sent him as well. I discovered this because another baiter (who knew that I used that name) got a format from him using my name and pee and advised me.

Spain x2 United Kingdom Closed lad accounts x20 Goat Goat
By the time I am through with you,that miserable thing inside you call a baby will come out being a goat and hating you for your wickedness. Barrister Ekene
I have been to this place for four times making fool of myself with invalid numbers.I will rather not go there again: Barrister Ekene
For all this pains you have cost to my heart today you must surely die for it. Fuck off and never reply this mail. Linda Wallfan Johnson
Chester
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 9:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have recently had the pleasure of receiving an email from a bona fide barrister named A.R.M Pitt

Made me laugh Laughing

I now considir you to be brian dead...I never calll you agen monkey! - Dr. Frank Williams
The devil will shot you in hell with fire bullit, u will nevr have mi sister again. - Patrick Mubuto
i know you ar a idiot Coz can have sex. - Jane Pate
JoeTam
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 12:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Sharp as a bag of wet mice. Is he from Battle Mountain, Nevada? (Google it) Very Happy

I went to bank. they call police, why you do this to me? I canntsend you anything now.
Goat dog
Fat Old Catt
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 12:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

*ears perk up* a bag of mice? Twisted Evil

Oh, you were making an analogy. Confused

Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 3:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I got a "Claim the money" from James Mama, so I asked if he knew Joe.

Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 09:48:56 +0100 (BST)
From: Send an Instant Message "Mr James Mama" <[email protected]>
Subject: Mail From James Mama

No, But My father's name is Joseph Mama

"May your anuse turn back." Joe Morengi
"You better run for your life, because the FBI are coming to your house tomorrow to kick your ass out of your house." Barr. Jonathan
Mr kelvin Jordon that call you from our branch office in canada explain that the chicken background voice has been querried, claiming the voice was his telephone ringing tone, therefore accept my deepest appology for that.
sellingrich
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 3:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I can honestly say that I wrote to a guy that Knows Joe Mama.

"May your anuse turn back." Joe Morengi
"You better run for your life, because the FBI are coming to your house tomorrow to kick your ass out of your house." Barr. Jonathan
Mr kelvin Jordon that call you from our branch office in canada explain that the chicken background voice has been querried, claiming the voice was his telephone ringing tone, therefore accept my deepest appology for that.
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 4:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've noticed lads using a bunch of first names. . .
as first and last names. Steven Dave, Peter Walter. I'm assuming those are their attempts to "blend in".

I also recently got an email from Johnson Manful, and one from Muhammed Ali. Those have got to be baiter names.

I agree that if lads pick up and use silly baiter names, the general population is more likely to discount their emails.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 7:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ I got one from Mohammed Ali too, just 2 days ago.

Small world....

Either that or I've signed the same guestbook as you. Laughing

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
tubthumper
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 10:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My old baiting names of "Roger Slicker" (R. Slicker) is now being used by a lad.

Fiduciary Agent: "junky, donkey monkey aboky na u .............."

Jean Atoh: "You must be a chronic idiot and stupid to the core. I do not want you to email me again, you can go to blazes bloody bastard. A full that cannot even express himself"

Global Service: "You have kept me in total confusion with your last couples of emails and i wish to understand more."

Spain United Kingdom
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic