SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Real Estate Scam

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Chibuike
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 7:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
From the OSPD Scrabble Group at Yahoo:

Mon May 14, 2007 11:01 am (PST)

I received this in my mailbox..not sure if I was just randomly picked or if
because I was advertising for a place to rent in Florida for this winter or if they read MY ad about one of MY apartments that I have up for rent.

Needless to say, it still has me chuckling, so I thought I would share it
with you.

This is a new one for me..Several weeks ago I got one from a guy wanting me to send him a $1,0000 deposit on a 2 bd. villa in Florida, sight unseen!! AND send it to the UK! He then said that I could have my friend, (I was gonna ask the patsy Myron to do it for me) come and look at it and THEN if he didn't like it, he would immediately refund my money. I kept asking to SEE the villa first and then I received an e-mail from fraudwatchers, that this guy was a conartist and that he did not have anything for me to rent..and to NOT send him any money or to
answer anymore of his e-mails...

geez..he didn't have a 2 bd. villa for me to rent?

BUT!! BUT!!, they were such lovely pictures!! Kind of suspicious though, as one of the pictures showed a really spiffy couple standing in front of some mountains..hmmmm the area I was looking at is in Florida, right by the Gulf of Mexico..

And I almost sent the guy the thousand bucks...

Anyway, MY PATSY, was slumming somewhere in Minnesota so I sent an
e-mail to another friend that I had made there, and asked her to check out the address. She said that there was NOTHING like that on that road, that it was in a poorer area of town..geez and the guy had me completely bamboozled too!

And now this one comes along...

Should I get my checkbook out?? Or just keep chuckling and run spellcheck for the poor person?

DEAR,SIR/MAR
I NEED A NISE APARTMENT FOR LODGE, WHEN I TRAVEL COME TO YOUR COUNTRY, I NEED TO COME FOR AN ASSIGNMENT AM COMING FROM SOUTH AFRICA, AND IF YOU CAN GET AN APARTMENT FOR ME, I CAN PAY THE MONEY DOWN BEFORE LIVING, AND I PROMISE TO BE LOYAL TO YOU AS A NEIGHBOR.I WILL LIKE TO LET YOU KNOW THAT MY COMING DOWN WILL BE ONLY ME,

I HAVE TO INFORM YOU THAT MY COMPANY WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PAYMENT OF THE APARTMENT. AND THE PAYMENT IS GOING TO BE ISSUE OUT IN EXCESS ON CHECK, ON YOUR NAME, ANYONE OF YOUR CHOICES.

HERE, I WILL LIKE TO TRUST YOU ON THE EXCESS ON IT, COS THAT WILL BE USE FOR MY FLIGTH (TICKET) AND TRAVELLING ALLOWANCES/BTA TO THE NEW HOUSE AND OTHER INCONVINESS. AND AS SOON AS U GET THE PAYMENTCASHED, DEDUCT YOUR MONEY
AND SEND THE EXCESS TO MY TRAVELLING AGENT FOR MY FLIGHT TICKECT TO YOURCOUNTRY AND THE NEW HOUSE. IF YOU AGREE ON THIS GET BACK TO ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE WITH YOU'RE FULL INFORMATION:
NAME:
HOME ADDRESS:
TELEPHONE:
POSTER CODE
BEST REGARDS

JANIVER..... .

I am looking up my bank acct. # and routing # now as we speak..think I should also send my SS #????

Dumb and Dumber in North Dakota

When I am not playing with the lads I am busy playing competitive Scrabble. This showed up on one of my Scrabble listservs today. I emailed the poster to see if they still had the email address on Janiver so I could play with them but they had already deleted the email. This is the first time I have seen a real estate scam. Has anyone else had these? And, does anyone recognize Janiver?

pony pony pony <--I got ponies! Wahhooo!
Les Noise
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 6:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This came to my office when I was on floor duty(I'm a Realtor).. My secretary chuckled as she forwarded it to me. She knows a bit about my hobby..

I was going to jump in but it seemed a bit too much like real life and wouldn't be much fun for me but fly at it if you fancy it. Cool
Quote:
Greetings,

I am Senator Udoma Udo Udoma the senate committee chief whip with the upper legislative council in my country, please I am interested in purchasing a good living home for my family as we are making plans to relocate to your country due to political threats and also establish good estate investments in your country where my research shows there are growing business opportunity, please let me know if you can do this for me.

Thank you and looking forward to your responds.

Regards,

Senator Udoma Udo Udoma.
72 Asu Drive way.
Senatorial Quaters,
Apo.
Federal Capital Territory,(FCT)
Abuja.
Nigeria.
+234 1 8915903

I believe when you received your payout you will compensate me.... .. Sure Will..

Jolly Roger

pony pony pony Mortar x11
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic