SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Need to be sure this is a scam- brain tumor

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
William
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi. I know that you are busy right now but I beg you to please read this notice.
My name is Agnes xxxx and I am 16 years old. I go to school and get good grades.
Recently my father has become very ill and has been in need of medical care. Over the past year and a half it has been surgery after surgery, hospital after hospital. After all this time he seems to be getting better, and he was. The doctors said that within 3 months his health would be "stable." But out of nowhere he was now diagnosed with a tumor on the left side of his brain. The good news, thank God, is that this can be easily removed and he can be on his normal path to recovery.
However, the surgery costs almost $20,000 and we have nothing.
All the life savings that my parents put aside are gone because of all this.
My mother struggles to support us everyday, as well as I try to help out too.

Recently she has pondered the thought of prostitution, which would help out financially but I really can't bear to think of that, but that is what we will be left with.
The doctors are saying that the surgery must be performed by Friday because the tumor is beginning to spread quite rapidly.
I beg you to help me. I will mop the floors- I will lick the floors. I will do anything to make this up to you if you help me in my desperate time of need. Please help with whatever you can.
I love my father, and he is the closest person I have in the world, and I don't know what I will do if I lose him. Just put yourself in my place-what would you do in a situation like this?
We have already taken out more than $50,000 in loans all to pay for his treatment, but none of that matters. All that matters is this-now.

I beg of you not to just throw this paper away with the rest of your junk mail, but to please take this seriously.
I would never write to you if it wasn't important. I have pictures of him in the hospital available and he is now uncoscience. The last time I saw him being able to talk was 2 weeks ago and with the way things are looking: that was the last time i will have seen him alive, so i beg for your help.
Please help me with anything. I have set up a Paypal account with [email protected] as the address, which currently has $49.56 for his treatment. I have a long way to go in 24 hours but i pray that i can reach it. And, if not within the 24 hours then by Monday. Please help.

You are my last and only hope and I pray to God that you will not let me down.
Once again, my name is Agnes xxx, I'm 16 and my cell phone is (xxx) xxx-2230.
My email address is [email protected]
Please help me and I promise that I will repay you somehow in the near future.
God chooses who stays and who goes, and God would let my father stay with your help.
May God bless you and please find it in your heart to assist me in this time of need.

I received this on a myspace page I made for baiting ... It seems to me to certainly be a scam because -

1. Brain tumors are not easy to remove, despite what she says
2. Malignant tumors (ie "starting to spread") are nearly always fatal
3. The hospital would perform the operation even without money, and worry about the debt later
4. "It needs operated on by Friday" sounds ridiculous, as though the doctors could actually pinpoint a specific day
5. The thought her mother could raise 20,000 through prostitution, and would tell her 16 year old daughter she was considering it

However, if this was in any way true I would feel AWFUL for stringing her along ... experienced scambaiters, give me the go ahead. BTW, she does have a phone number in New York.[/mask]

Last edited by William on Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:43 pm; edited 5 times in total
guineagirl
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Do you really think a real person would send out a letter stating her mother's willingness to perform prostitution? (Also, unless her mother resembles Penelope Cruz, doubt this could raise much in a hurry).

If this were real and the daughter had these PR skills, her local TV station would be raising money for them.
William
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

LOL You're right, and I've already started baiting her, but I had a bit of worry in my mind. What can I say? I'm new and don't trust my own judgement.
Eight
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Always best to check if you're not sure, William. Smile

Oh, and welcome to the Eater. Smile

United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Benin Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Nigeria France Benin

Avatar from sweethell ** www.ScamWarners.com - Victim warnings, support, advice & information ** Click here to donate to 419Eater.com
DuraLex
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good reasoning there william, you pointed out all the glaring medical errors at first glance.

I'ts appaling to see to what length these scamers go to tug at your heartstrings. Bait the hell out of this guy for us! Twisted Evil
guineagirl
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Oops, how could I have doubted her?

She actually sent me a picure of the tumor!
(Sorry, I had to jump in on this one).

Just in: Agnes has signed my guestbook!

http://www.geocities.com/bobunderhouse/
William
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks guys ...

Quote:
(Sorry, I had to jump in on this one).

No problem; I forgot to delete the e-mail address.
thedevguy67

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@William -- Welcome Smile

Good catch. I am anxious to offer her some "help" from my "church". Bishop Stern and the congreation at Blumpkin Road Congregation are always willing to help these cases.

@@ All -- I looked over the website, this may just be a cyber-beggar. But I am skeptical. I sent her and introdcutory e-mail and I am curious to see where her headers resolve to. ---- If it is from Muguville, let the baiting begin.

I have a sex dull that will f*ck you till dead - Stanley Lee
You are dirty and castrated Goat - CC Jones
Go f*ck yourself because I know your mum is sucking Satan's penis - Peggy Paiser
You must be high on your mother's frozen menstruation! - Victor Evans

Jolly Roger Safari United States United States United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Ghana Nigeria Togo South Africa
Mortar x12 Golden Pig Closed lad accounts X 2525 X 100s
William
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The phone number is 917-755-2230, which is a New York area code - so I don't think she's from muguville.

Here is her myspace:

http://www.myspace.com/bkbubblez126
Afferbecklauder
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree with the Dev Guy. I suspect a scam. One hurdle though. She has posted on a few web sites, so she may be an internet beggar. Another email to recheck header is I think in order. It's too heart wrenching
William
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, she just contacted me on myspace again and said she hadn't been able to send a message because she was in the hospital for 50 hours with her dad because "he is dying!"

Obviously this is not true as she has been in contact with Guineagirl and devguy during that time. So this is pretty clearly completely fabricated, and I'd say we're all clear to bait the hell out of her.
William
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh my God, it looks like I'm going to be able to get her to do paintings! Twisted Evil Looks like I'll need to register here to get a dropbox!

Please don't offer her too much yet, guys, so she thinks this is her only way to make money. I'll post them here when I get them!
guineagirl
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

She emailed me 16 hours ago, also on April 16 and 17.

@William, Don't worry, I'm not seriously baiting her. It's just a flirtation. Just enough to make my other baits jealous.

I wrote to ask her how she wanted to be paid, if she had a special bank account set up. I was curious to see if she'd mention Western Union. She said she'd set up a Paypal account.

This isn't the kind of person I normally bait, so I'll probably just string her along from time to time.
Afferbecklauder
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If this sort of scam or fund raising gains acceptance by the use of Pay Pal, does it not pose the risk of Pay Pal becoming another Western Union?
My email to Gladys from the Reverend Jonah has not yet been answered.
Afferbecklauder
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

To

My Dear Agnes,

I am Reverend xxxx xxxx of the Church of the Holy Sacrament in Palo Alto.
Our congregation will this week pray for you both and we will endeavour to set up a collection fund to assist you in your time of dire need.
Keep faith in the Lord.

Yours Sincerely

Rev xxxx xxxx

"AgnieszkaBanach@xxxx xxxx" to me
show details 12:44 pm (53 minutes ago)

Honestly do you think that you will be able to help my father financially get out of this situation? Please respond as soon as possible.

[b]Note! No Salutation, no signature, only a desire to get father out of financial mess[/b]

Anyone else have a similar experience???

BTW, how do you Gmail to display full headers?? The instructions for "show original" don't work.
Afferbecklauder
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This to Agnes (looking for some confirmation - or whatever)

My Dearest Agnes,

Thank you for your reply. How is your father holding up. And youself- it must be terribly stressful and distressing.
To answer your question, I doubt we could be of much assistance in the short time frame available.
However if you can name the Hospital and one of the executives, preferably a finance executive and his/her phone number, we have congregation members of substance, and I am sure at least a couple will make a substantial guarantee to the Hospital that a substantial portion of the costs would be indemnified by our Church.
I will also put this proposition to a few other Ministries with whom we have affiliations.
After all, $20,000 is not a lot to raise in a situation such as this.

Try to keep your trust in the Lord

Rev Jonah xxxxx

This was the reply:

"[email protected]" to me
show details 3:00 pm (2 hours ago)

I currentl have set up a PayPal Account where all the donations go for his surgery. The hospital does not bill us: the Health Department does.
The social workers in the hospital have said that if we can raise half the money, the surgery would be performed, and we would payback the other half in a time frame of anuwhere between 2- 14 months. However, even raising $10,000 is alot and I would really appreciate any help you can provide me in thie situation. Thanks again for taking the time to get back to me.
- Hide quoted text -

In a message dated 4/21/2007 12:04:43 AM Eastern Standard Time,

I currentl have set up a PayPal Account where all the donations go for his surgery. The hospital does not bill us: the Health Department does.
The social workers in the hospital have said that if we can raise half the money, the surgery would be performed, and we would payback the other half in a time frame of anuwhere between 2- 14 months. However, even raising $10,000 is alot and I would really appreciate any help you can provide me in thie situation. Thanks again for taking the time to get back to me.

I would rely on the American residents to confirm whether this what happens in US. In my land the doctors front up for the loot, then you can claim back from a fund, or Medicare whatever. Again no salutation, no signature.
Jury still out??? Sounds to me like cash is the preferred option. Even Rupert M would underwrite a situation like this, but not through Pay Pal.
The Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

~Afferbecklauder,

Typically in a US Hospital they can not refuse life saving treatment if they receive public money. So if they accept medicaid and medicare (health insurance for the elderly and poor) they have to give you life saving treatement. They then sue you for the bill after, or have you apply for other charity programs.

Then as is the American way you show your gratitude to the hospital for saving your life by filing bankruptcy!
BRUIN
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Write back, and express interest in her mother's prostitution proposal.

Bruin
William
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070411204320AAggheS

Quote:
My mother and I are already due almost $50,000 due to his illness. The social worker has broken it down that unless we pay 25% of this nothing can be done. The doctor working on him is a family friend and he has pulled many strings to help my father, since he has no health insurance. But, this is not something he can help us with becuase he has already done so much. That is why i am asking you for help, so please assist me.

That contradicts what she said here:

Quote:
The social workers in the hospital have said that if we can raise half the money, the surgery would be performed, and we would payback the other half in a time frame of anuwhere between 2- 14 months. However, even raising $10,000 is alot and I would really appreciate any help you can provide me in thie situation.

@guineagirl - I don't mind at all; I actually recommend it because she seems quite gullible. This is only my second bait and I'm getting her to do paintings, so imagine what you guys can do! I was just asking that other baiters wait a bit before giving her any concrete way to make money so that she has more incentive to do the paintings.

@@All - Is there any way to make it so this post doesn't come up when you search for her name in google? I am worried she will do a search and find this very post. I tried deleting all references to her name and her email in my original post but it's still coming up as the second search result.

And thanks everyone for your help.
guineagirl
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think you can edit your original post so that her name and address are masked. Anywhere they occur, highlight and hit the "Mask" button.

Quote:
I beg you to help me. I will mop the floors- I will lick the floors. I will do anything to make this up to you if you help me in my desperate time of need. Please help with whatever you can.

I wrote her from a different address, offering her $200 a room to lick the floors of my mansion (hey, that's a lot more than she's earn with Merry Maids!).
William
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Haha that's great! I hope she doesn't accept, as it would throw our scam theory out the window. Anyway, I hid the post, but now it's coming up as the FIRST result for her name on google! But I have been informed that lads almost never google names, so it shouldn't matter too much.
American
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

William wrote:
But I have been informed that lads almost never google names, so it shouldn't matter too much.

Maybe the norm as to "almost never" but never say never. The lads are getting more edumacated all the time. Hard to believe but true. I've experimented with baiting, using a nick that's readily "Googleable" and have NEVER gotten a reply to that particular name. Even when a similar mail is swallowed up by a lad using another alias. No one's saying these mugus are smart but you don't have to be brilliant to use Google. I would rather play it safe and not post too much info until the game is over. It's just theory on my part so who knows.
William
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree; it was definitely a beginner's mistake to use her name and email address in the original post. Hopefully my luck doesn't run out before she sends them.
icrighthruU
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't know if you've gotten all the answers you were looking for from the hospital question here.
BUT
My son was in an auto accident, IN A COMA, and the hospital took care of him for six weeks before any insurance got involved. Hospitals can't turn people away especially when it's a life threatening situation.
She said something about the The hospital does not bill us: the Health Department does.
Each department in the hospital bills seperatly. We get, cardiology, x-ray, blablabla. The HealtH Departmen is a completely different organization. Where I'm from here in the USA the HealtH Department regulates the cleanlyness of restaraunts and apt. buildings, etc, they don't have any thing to do with hospitals. (unless it's to make sure they are disposing their waste properly)
Plus American hospitals get gov grant money that cover X ammount of medical losses because of patientss that can't afford to pay.
There are lots of ways to check this story out.
ask what hospital he's in and google it, ask what his DR.'s name is and google it, ask what what the phone number is to the Health Department and google it.

ONE THING FOR SURE AMERICAN HOSPITALS CAN NOT JUST LET A PERSON DIE ! They have lists of charities and organizations that help people in these types of situations they will give her contact numbers and even set her up in a room with a phone so she can make the calls, sometimes they will even call for her.
They may not cover 100% but they cover a lot and what they do not cover they'll give you the contacts that will pick up the difference.
(PERIOD)

EDIT: Snipity snip snip snip! Original poster has seen read and responded. It's personal and doesn't need to be hanging out here.

Last edited by icrighthruU on Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total
William
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok, thanks a lot! This is 100% a scam.

But more importantly, I hope your son is doing ok.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic