SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

ALmost duped.... but I caught his name change. WOW!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
The_King_79
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I cannot BELIEVE I was almost duped, but this guy at least told me where he found my email address... www.modelmayhem.com

Quote:
Goodday ,
Compliments of the season to you overthere.i think its important to formally introduce myself better to you and also to afford you better knowledge and the personality of the person talking to you here.......My wife Kimberly and I are planning to have our wedding on May 26th in Las Vegas Nevada .I am looking for a good photographer who will come take good shots of the event for a memorable future view and when i came across your advert i was impressed.At this time,we are on our way to Englands for our pre wedding honeymoon.Let me know your charges for your required services,presently all the photographer i contacted are booked and thats why i decide to get search from photographers directory, we will pay the transportation charges to and fro to the party venue so indicate in your email if you will be able to take care of our wedding shots for a future and memory view and your charges,what it will costs either via Plane or through Car transport to in Las Vegas Nevada, ! What is your services charges?
Best Regards,
Jason

My RESPONSE:

Quote:
Jason,

I am not sure this got forwarded to the right person. My name is Ryan Thompson and I am in Tampa Bay.

If you are interested, the cost would have to include my price of flight plus hotel stay. Since I am trying to start my portfolio, I would only charge an additional $450.00 dollars for the actual taking of the pictures, including all day at the Event.

If you are interesed, we need to discuss this further. Where did you find my name and information?

Feel free to call (727)***-**** (Yep I did give him my phone number, is that bad?)

Ryan Thompson

I think I really screwed up with the phone number, now in retrospect.

Quote:
Hello Ryan ,

Thanks for the swift reply to my inquiry and i am happy to hear that you are opened for the date of my wedding .i got your contact details fom modelmayem and i decided to contact you for my wedding shots .

However , i got your payments charges which is reasonable and affordable .
Here are some tips about the wedding and i believe this will help you to get the final quote of your charges .

1)The wedding will be held at a Bapist church in Las-vegas here and reception at the Hall.

2) The amount of visitor expected at the occasion is about 60 people maximum

3)We will require a Cd containing the shots of the wedding after the ocassion.

4)The wedding commence at 10a.m in the morning and your service will be needed for 7hours

Lastly , I will like you to chec the cost of the airfare to las Vegas and add it with your charges for the service . I will send you the booking funds and transportation fee .
Hope to hear back from you soonest .
Thanks
Sam

See the name change??? I decided to call him Sam now as well, but was very intrigued because the cd thing is very common in the industry.

Quote:
Sam,

I am not sure about all of this. Seems a little fast. Where are you located? What are the DATES of the wedding? Please respond ASAP.

Ryan

He feels my apprehension???

Quote:
Hello Ryan,

the date of the wedding is May 26th in Las Vegas Nevada and i need a final quotation if you are going to be available .
thanks and check the detials in the previous mail i send to you .

Realizing NOW this is a scam, I wrote back and raised my prices and told him Id need TWO tickets to Vegas.

What's next?
capt_kipper
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'll jump in first and say drop him! He's got your name and number.

And welcome onboard.

Jojo being fruity: let me give u a little of my self to u.

Nastya: You have not suffered after a meeting with a
bear???
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This is a fake check scam most likely. He will send you a check and then come up with a reason for you to deposit it and immediately send a % of the deposited funds to a friend, or to a colleague, or to someone else via Western Union. You get hit by your bank when the check bounces for the full amount.

Have you checked his IP address? One way to tell for sure if he's lying about his location.

Your best bet is to drop the scam as he has your real information. We practice a policy of "better safe than sorry". Just tell him you re-checked your calendar and it appears you're busy that weekend. Then drop it.

If you're interested in learning more about baiting, then pull up a chair and start reading. Welcome.

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
The_King_79
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks guys. Ill drop.

Im a loooooooong time baiter, just never really participated in the forum.

A few years back I tried hard to make these guys hold up signs, and I tried to get one to join my fake religion of "reffopir"... no luck though. I got one guys picture, but it was something he found online...

Ill let this one go though, since he found me via a website that has my phone and real name.

Snipped TS
The_King_79
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh I'm also a writer and planned a short story about a guy who thinks he is being duped by baiter and ends up selling planet Earth to a race of Aliens who want to destroy it for an international parking lot.

Man the more I say that the more I need to write that damn thing.
Lady Kat
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Haha... that sounds really cool. Sounds a bit like hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy (with aliens destroying earth and all)... but good original plot line! Very Happy

clapping
The_King_79
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Lady Kat
In fact in Hitchiker's the plan is to build a highway, so I will have to give a better reason they want to destroy earth. Or maybe they just "own" it, so they move it to another location... something!

No need to full quote the post right above yours- it's conversation Wink TS
Spooky Tooth
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Glad you caught it, King. It's definately better written then most lad letters, so I can see how you didn't recognize it for what it was right away.

I'd go with the advise already given, since he has RL info it would be a risk (probably not a huge risk, but nonetheless) to turn this into a bait. I'd just say you are booked up and drop him. Don't respond to further e-mails from him and eventually he will just give up and forget you as he tries to find a new victim.

Maybe one of the less busy baiters around here want to throw a baiter address or two on the site this lad mentioned, and pull him off the King?

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It was quite clever, because I had just signed up on model Mayhem, and he seemed to know something about photography.

Regardless, I wish now I would've recognized it and went all out, asked for pics of the Bride and Groom...

DARNIT!
IP Freely
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

No big loss. Make a new gmail/modelmayhem account, and send him a mail like he had just contacted you, and you are following up. If he bites, you can go NUTS, and if he doesn't, well, he has no idea who you are and no real info (don't use real info. Very Happy).

For phone number, I'd recommend a free number like www.k7.com .... there's lots of resources in various places around this forum. Dumps directly into your email.

If you want to collect checks, donation to this forum brings perks like access to dropboxes and other thingies.

please i want you to stop writting me,i beg you in the name of the lord Jesus christ.
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The script is in pure laddish and for that reason alone I'd be suspicious, but apart from the name change I don't see a scam (yet)? Or am I missing something.

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
Spooky Tooth
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Gnasher, I'm 99% certain the next step would be a pre-payment check in advance worth far more then the photgraphy job + flight ticket cost, with a request to WU the overage back to him....

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

~Lady Kat,

I hope you are not prejudiced against Aliens just because destroyed the Earth. We were duped into it you know!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic