SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Australian Tax Office Scam

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Heard about this on the radio today. It might be an old scam but it's the first time it's happened with this organisation.

Scammers are sending out emails ostensibly from the ATO saying people have a $120 tax refund payable which sounds more plausible than the $45zillion inheritance/lottery win. The email directs people to the (real) ATO website where the scammers have buried a bogus form asking for credit card details so the tax refund can be paid. The format is very convincing apparently and a lot of people have been conned.

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
Morgus The Magnificent
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I thought everthing the ATO did was a scam. Smile

Really though - the ATO needs to do something major to get the word out. Knowledge is power.
harrya
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Refund - Haven't seen one of those in years!
Where do I sign up.

Does this mean I can be a little slow on next quarters BAS as they will be to busy remind me about it ? The ATO text me last week, reminder TXT. I was only a few weeks late FFS. Big brother is watching and trying to pull an extra few dollars by the sounds of things.

What next Shocked

Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

What next?

How about $5 Billion being defrauded from the ATO through fraudulantly clamied refunds through the BAS!? Confused

Link to report from The Age newsaper

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic