SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Pyramid Schemes

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Goldry Bluszco
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have been getting emails from a pyramid scheme for probably 18 months, I have the details if anyone is interested - PM me. But the question is, is there any kind of bait for these guys. I could just pretend to be interested but wanted some advice on how to get them to waste serious time on it. I haven't been able to come up with any decent ideas at all.

These particular schemers are well known and I have read up on the net some stuff about them.

Ideas please?

pony
Luther Blissett
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't think it's worthwhile trying to bait pyramid scheme scammers. IMHO it's better to focus energy on spreading awareness about such scams to avoid people falling for them. Oh, and depending on the exact nature of a scheme, you can of course report their websites or emails to the ISP because these schemes are illegal in almost all cases.

Banks: Ivory Coast Netherlands United Kingdom Ghana United Nations x1 Nigeria x2 Law Firms: South Africa United Kingdom Nigeria x1 Misc. Mugu Pooh: United Kingdom China x1 United Nations x2 HYIPs: pyramid x25 Phonelad Websites: Cellphone x6

Donate the Nurse, the Eater needs Pants... Err? * Scamwarners.com * Artists against 419 * Kill HYIPs & Ponzi Scams!
BobCat
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Post the pyramid scam details over at the MMF Hall of Humiliation's forum.

http://forums.mmfhoh.org

We (tinw) will be glad to treat them "kindly" Smile

" I THINK WE HAVE TO PUT END TO THIS GAME,AND REASON WHY I SAID THIS IS BECAUSE I CAN NOT CONTINUE WITH GOING TO WESTERN UNION" Dr Bens0n
"DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT TAKE TO GET A MAGA IS NOT EASY MAN, IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE CAUSE ME FOR TWO WEEKS NOW I CAN PAY MY HOUSE RENT THEY ARE ABOUT TO SEND MY FAMILY OUT OF THE HOUSE WE LIVE" Dr @d3kun13 Bens0n
"I THOUGHT I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING YOU WANTED WHY ARE YOU STRESSING US OUT." - Mu$@ H0us3

Closed lad accounts x 24 United Kingdom x1 Cellphone x2
Dirteh Sanchez
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

One thing to remember.
Pyramid schemes are not illegal as such.
Provided there is a product to sell, then the scheme stays within the law.
Take for example Ann Summers. each seller is advised to find more recruits. these recruits' sales are then added to the recruiters sales, thus increasing the recruiters return.

Illegal schemes are ones where no product is actually for sale.
Example being Nethomeworkers.co.uk
The 'Product' is a bunch of freely available ebooks and advise to open sites advertising for agents and sell the idea of opening more sites.
These is no tangable product on offer and therefore illegal under UK trading law.

Killed Scammer Banks >200 (gave up counting longgggggg ago.) Jolly Roger x5 x2 Mortar

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Dirteh Sanchez wrote:
One thing to remember.
Pyramid schemes are not illegal as such.
Provided there is a product to sell, then the scheme stays within the law.
Take for example Ann Summers. each seller is advised to find more recruits. these recruits' sales are then added to the recruiters sales, thus increasing the recruiters return.

Whether a product exists for sale is irrelevant.

If the product only is bought by those who are in the scheme, or the vast majority of product is bought by those in the scheme (for example: Forced inventory purchases, you must buy this much every month even if you can not sell it) are pyramid scams, since the only way to make money is by recruiting.

The key is: Is the vast majority of the product sold to end users (not part of the scheme) - then it is not pyramid, but MLM.

Quote:

Illegal schemes are ones where no product is actually for sale.
Example being Nethomeworkers.co.uk
The 'Product' is a bunch of freely available ebooks and advise to open sites advertising for agents and sell the idea of opening more sites.
These is no tangable product on offer and therefore illegal under UK trading law.

This contradicts what you just said. "Provided there is a product to sell, then the scheme stays within the law."

And the tangibleness of the product is not relevant. As long as the vast majority of product, even intangible stuff like information, is sold to end users not part of the scheme, then it is legit.

" I THINK WE HAVE TO PUT END TO THIS GAME,AND REASON WHY I SAID THIS IS BECAUSE I CAN NOT CONTINUE WITH GOING TO WESTERN UNION" Dr Bens0n
"DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT TAKE TO GET A MAGA IS NOT EASY MAN, IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE CAUSE ME FOR TWO WEEKS NOW I CAN PAY MY HOUSE RENT THEY ARE ABOUT TO SEND MY FAMILY OUT OF THE HOUSE WE LIVE" Dr @d3kun13 Bens0n
"I THOUGHT I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING YOU WANTED WHY ARE YOU STRESSING US OUT." - Mu$@ H0us3

Closed lad accounts x 24 United Kingdom x1 Cellphone x2
Joaquin
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Trogger : Got the info. They just got themselves a new gullible victim with lots of money to invest.

Closed lad accounts x 46

dear sir
after waiting at the airport for 3 hours i did not see you, i was there till the last pilot came out, what is the position , are you in belgium or still in usa pls write me back , am confused - Patrick Williams

you must be a mad man why can,t you understand simple language it your
stupid mother that have head like that of sadam hussien that was hang
may your mouth bend to your back idiot i am helping you and you are talking trash.
francis mensah
Goldry Bluszco
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good luck. I may pitch in too, see what happens.

pony
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic