SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

The Hungarian Postcard Scam?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
bob_flemming
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi All, I recieved this email in my baiting account and it made me laugh, do you think its a scam?

Quote:
Subject Boston, USA postcard - Boston Police Pipes Guestbook

Hello,

I am writing to you in hope that you will be able to help me.

I found your email address in Boston Police Pipes Guestbook.

I am a postcard collector from Hungary. I have a large collection of postcards from all over the world but still none from Boston, USA. I collect postcards with city views, famous local buildings, historic places and landscapes.

I would like to ask you for a small favour to send me a stamped and written postcard (city view or famous local buildings, view of old churches, city hall) from Boston to help me make my collection more complete.

My address is:

Bajusz Janos
54 XXXXXXXX
XXXXX Szeged
Hungary

Hope to hear from you very soon.
Kind regards,
Janos
Chief2B
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, did you sign the guestbook in question??

Actually, I started a police patch collection just this way. Sign a guestbook and receive letters like this all the time.

At this point I don't see a scam.
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Chief2B wrote:
At this point I don't see a scam.

He sends a check for $450 to cover the cost and postage of the post card and then asks to transfer the difference of $449.50 back via Western Union to his son who just happens to be currently visiting in Nigeria on a student exchange program. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing We all know what happens next.

Sorry, but I just see the worst in people since I joined this forum.

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
BaitinIzFun
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't think it is a scam. The only way it is a scam is if you waste Money on the postage and the Postcard. And maybe even driving to get the postcard. Other than that I don't think it is a scam.
kisslajos
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The original of this letter is from a kind, elderly Hungarian gentleman. He has collected postcards for decades.
He - naively - thinks, that people who sign guestbooks give real locations. So for example when he reads in the guestbook, somebody is from Vilinius, Litvania - he sends an email, asking for Vilnius postcards. He definitely does not know about baiters using the guestbooks....

I have a huge collection of elementary school readers. Most of them I got by sending mails to teachers all around the world.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic