SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

What is the "Mask" button?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
nalei
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I tried searching for it but got too much results or no results. What does the "Mask" button do? Is it hiding text from search engines?
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^^ Yes, when you use mask,
Code:
[mask] the text here is hidden[/mask]
from search engines, but you only really need to use the mask feature on parts of the forum that are not behind a login, the phonelads forum for example, all forums behind a login automatically hide your posts from search engines without masking.

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I do believe it is redundant. It ain't necessary anymore[edit : apart from what SS says above] as any posts here are automatically hidden by a super-secret Mod invisibility cloak thingy.

Tommo

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
Eight
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Please use sparingly - it uses up more bandwidth. Smile

United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Benin Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Nigeria France Benin

Avatar from sweethell ** www.ScamWarners.com - Victim warnings, support, advice & information ** Click here to donate to 419Eater.com
friday3
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Don't listen to them. The mask button, when used correctly, gives you a super secret mask to hide your identity batman style Very Happy

The above text is the sole intellectual property of friday3. Reproduction without the expressed permission of Friday3 is a breach of copyright punishable be a fine of up to $50 000 (payable by check) and/or 5 years jail.

"Hubbard is a "crackpot" and of "doubtful mental background." - From FBI files concerning L, Ron Hubbard

Mods have a wonderful sense of humor; you just aren't funny

Jolly Roger
Mortar x21

Radden
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The only forum that I would ever think about using masking is the "PUBLISH YOUR WORK HERE!" forum - since that's not behind a login.
DrWho
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

FYI, these forums have no login requirement (i.e. can be indexed by search engines)

Phone lads
Publish your work
Surplus
Forum and tech related

(a big shout out to Eight for the research)

United Nations Mortar x12
"To Serve Man"
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the list DrWho and eight. Just for completeness the overhead using mask is around one hundred characters plus the masked text is 50% longer. It isn't horribly wasteful when used sparingly, but you may want to consider using one large mask instead of two small ones if they are close together. When you would want to use a lot of masks then it's usually better to use a mild form of 1337 5pe4k instead. Just replace "a" with "4" and "l" with "1" etc.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic