SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Scammer wants to buy my Motorcycle, what to do

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Adam Zapple
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi everyone. I'm new to 419eaters and I am glad I found this site. I have been tracking these scum buckets for some years now. MySpace Classifieds were full of them. I kept reporting them and right now, they are all gone. However, I expect them to raise their ugly heads again. They just do not know how to quit!! Ok, my question is this- I had an Ad in Classifieds on MySpace for the sale of a Motorcycle. I received only 3 responses and you guessed it, they were all from Scammers. Now, I have toyed with them for about a week now, with them wanting my name address, etc. They insist on having my email address and phone number for some strange reason. Laughing Could you good people give me some ideas on how to proceed with this transaction? Kim is the name on the profile on MySpace, single looking for a good man, 3 kids and loves dogs. I get an email saying, Kim wanted to pay by money order or check. I said I only accept PayPal. Scammer wrote back saying he asked his client but, his client said No to Paypal. Now, the key word here is HE! Kim is a woman and single. He says he wants to ship to the UK. I asked about the shipping being sooo much to the UK, would it be worth it? He signed it with a man's name and I questioned that. Oh, well of course, he says he wrote it behalf of his wife. Ok, Kim is listed as being single so, I questioned him on that. But, he acted like he was stupid and didn't understand what I was talking about. Now, I have come to a dead end with my ideas. I am waiting on him to contact me again after I sent him my fake info. Will he send the money order to the fake address?? We'll see!! I have signed up for an account with gmail and am thinking of giving this email address to the scammer. Guide me along here because, I do want to put some hurt on these scum bags however, I do not want to make any mistakes before I get him good!!! Thanks Guys!
JohnnyBravo
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Rule #1: Bait safe.

Be sure to read all the stickys. Yes, give him the gmail e-mail. Gmail strips the headers. Do not give him any legitimate information. Some lads will send fake docs to fake addresses. However, if you sign up for a premium account, you can give him a real address and you can get the fake documents if you desire. If you don't care if you see them or not, then don't worry about a premium account. You can always claim you got the money after a few days or a week or so and have decided not to give him the bike. Send him a picture of a guy partying with girls on a beach or something like that. Then be sure to thank him for sending you the money to party with! Twisted Evil I'm sure others will have other suggestions.

"I know how to call internationally. Please stop being saucy." Chuck S.

"If that is what you call a passport, then you must come from a country where everybody is blind, I am not a dumb ass who does not know what a passport is." Steven Grant, the Unicef scammer

"As it now you have me on my balls, you are being unnecessarily difficult, ." Steven Grant, the Unicef scammer

"This institution is more observant and as soon as we confirm that you are giving us wrong information we will get you arrested by U.S Authority and we shall close your payment file and let you spend the rest of your life in jail." Dr. Goodluck Johnson
Eight
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Adam and welcome to 419Eater. Smile I'm going to send you a PM which has loads of useful info and some links, which I hope you'll find useful. Please take particular note of the stuff about safe baiting - if these scammers have any of your real info, I'd advise dropping them and re-baiting after a suitable pause from another (anonymous) account.

United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Benin Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Nigeria France Benin

Avatar from sweethell ** www.ScamWarners.com - Victim warnings, support, advice & information ** Click here to donate to 419Eater.com
tubthumper
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome,

But you can bet on one thing: the lads are not all gone from Myspace. How about making up an address? Don't give him anything personal. Go through the forums here and read: that's about the best advice there is.

Fiduciary Agent: "junky, donkey monkey aboky na u .............."

Jean Atoh: "You must be a chronic idiot and stupid to the core. I do not want you to email me again, you can go to blazes bloody bastard. A full that cannot even express himself"

Global Service: "You have kept me in total confusion with your last couples of emails and i wish to understand more."

Spain United Kingdom
Adam Zapple
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you, Johnny Bravo, I will read the stickys. I just gave him the gmail today! No, I didn't give any true info on me, it's all fake.
LMBO Laughing I could do that with the party thingy but, he will know I am lieing because, he wouldn't send me a real cashiers check or money order. He is now telling me that he will send payment to me and I am to send him the excess for shipping! Ummm, I'm the one who needs the shipping money! I suggested Western Union. Wish I could show you all the emails back and forth. Thanks for the idea.

Yes, Thank you Eight, I received the PM. Thank you so much.

Oh, I know tubthumper, all are not gone from MySpace. Smile I guess I wrote that wrong however, alot of them have been deleted. They will post under things you would not think to look under so, I need to read some more from there. Thank you for your advice because, this is not the usual Scammer Letter I'm dealing with. It is something I am wanting to sell and I haven't had this type to deal with before.
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
he wouldn't send me a real cashiers check or money order

Of course anything he sends will be fake - which is why he'll be so furious when he finds out you were able to cash it and spend it on a nice Rolex or something. Don't forget to send him some pics and a grateful 'thank you' note.

Welcome to Eater and enjoy browsing and reading, especially the Stickies as already mentioned. You will quickly pick up all sorts of useful/clever ideas with which to torment your lads. Rule #1 Bait Safe! Enjoy.

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
Narcissa Malfoy
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You can handle this like the music lesson bait I'm doing right now. This is a classic check scam. They send you a (fake, of course) cashier's check for more than the amount they "owe" you, either "accidentally" or for some other reason--then ask for a refund of the difference. Give them a fake address, and have them send off the check--just tell them you'll be happy to refund the difference. Then, go with what others have suggested--"cash" the check (after enough time to have "received" it), go to Vegas, hit it big, and tell him someone stole the motorcyle--no refunds of any sort, due to your insurance agent's fees. The goal is to waste as much of his time as possible, if not at least a bit of his money, to send the "check" to you--it costs a fair bit to ship even an envelope internationally. Tell him to send it the fastest international method available, as you require the funds immediately.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic