SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Yahoo is cracking down

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Minnow
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Or some mugu loving moron is ruining our fun. I got this today after losing the Terri Irwin bait. And I was close to really pissing this guy off. Twisted Evil

Quote:
The access rights to this account have recently been revoked by the administration.
The original user is only a common 419 Advance Fee Fraud thief, a.k.a. a scammer.

From now on, ignore any and all emails of this kind.
If an offer from an unknown person sounds too good to be true, it always is.

It was not sent by any other baiter, either. It was from Yahoo. Damn, what is this world coming to? Rolling Eyes

"i know you are the one i have left this box for you" ~ Henri Pierre

"Firstly let me say here that you are a liar.Don't you know that am seen the bank on daily basis?" ~ Bar Philip

"you are stupid do not you know.you are very stupid by talking to the bank authority like that plus that you are trying to claim something that does not belong to you " ~ Moris Campos
HarryNess
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Stick with gmail I guess...

Lets hope they don't crack down on them too Shocked
DrWho
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I really doubt it was from yahoo. They would send something more professional and more generic.

United Nations Mortar x12
"To Serve Man"
falnsb
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Certainly doesn't look like a Yahoo reply to me either. Here's their typical one :

Quote:
Hello,

Thanks for writing to Yahoo! UKIE Customer Care.

In this particular case, we have taken appropriate action against the
Yahoo! account in question, as per our Terms of Service (TOS). For
further details about the Yahoo! TOS, you can visit:

http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/info/terms.html

Please know that Yahoo! is unable to disclose the action taken on
another user's account with a third party. We are not able to make
exceptions to this rule.

Please let me know if I can help you further.

Regards,

Zee
Customer Care - Yahoo! UK & Ireland

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachment is confidential
and may be legally privileged. It is intended for the named recipient
only.

YOU BASTED PIG HOW CAN YOU DO THIS TO ME I AM NOT SCAMMER

You are the pertetic fool with no ambition, you wasted our time, by doing this.
You white are reaping what you saw, by enslaving our forfather. if you like publish all your head white still fall for our trick, fool, is better you work with me because am demmm rich.
EAT SHIT IF DO NOT HEAR FROM YOU. MIND YOU YOUR NAME IS WITH MY SPIRITUALIST, YOU ARE ALREADY A MUGU.

you are a fool, your four father first scammed our four fathers. came to africa and stole our rich heritage. suffered us as slaves and killed us like ants. it is time to get back all what your four fathers stole from our four fathers.
we will not stop untill the europeans, americans etc . come begging for forgivenes.
Minnow
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, this was the header on it:

Quote:
"[email protected]" <[email protected]> hide details Jan 9 (12 hours ago)
to [email protected]
date Jan 9, 2007 11:44 AM
subject Yahoo! Auto Response
signed-by yahoo.co.uk

Then I got this:

Quote:
Dear XXXXXXXX,

How are you doing today? Hope everything is working out fine? I am not hearing from you, what is happening? Get back to me with the development. I forgot to tell you that my former email box: [email protected] is returning my mails that I sent to you.

I dont know if it is blocked or what, get back to me through this box with the development.

I look forward hearing from you today.

Regards,

I figured he'd just get another email addy and he did. But I thought I'd lost him and I haven't. I'm happy about that because it's just getting good and he must think he's got a big sucker on the line. And he does. I plan to suck the very life out of him. In addition to the typical money bait he's also flirting with me and talking about comimg to the US. This has a lot of promise. Twisted Evil

That was all of the info that I could pull up on the header. Does that mean anything? Could it be fake? And if it's not fake, why are his mails bouncing? Shocked

(Oh, and the example you posted is in response to a report. I did not report the good doctor. Why did you report the mugu, falnsb?) In fact that makes me nervous and I'm going to modify my good ol doc's email so no one can take him away from me again. He MINE!!! Dammit!!! MINE MINE MINE! Twisted Evil

"Firstly let me say here that you are a liar.Don't you know that am seen the bank on daily basis?" ~ Bar Philip

"you are stupid do not you know.you are very stupid by talking to the bank authority like that plus that you are trying to claim something that does not belong to you " ~ Moris Campos
falnsb
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't report other peoples' mugus, don't worry. This was one of mine and it was going nowhere so I decided to close him down to piss him off.

Don't overlook that the main objective of 419 eater is to make life difficult for these scum, whilst having fun at their expense is secondary. Closing down their emails makes life difficult for them and makes it harder for them to stay in contact with potential victims. That's why when I finish with them, I get their emails closed down. It's like twisting the kinfe!

You white are reaping what you saw, by enslaving our forfather. if you like publish all your head white still fall for our trick, fool, is better you work with me because am demmm rich.
EAT SHIT IF DO NOT HEAR FROM YOU. MIND YOU YOUR NAME IS WITH MY SPIRITUALIST, YOU ARE ALREADY A MUGU.

you are a fool, your four father first scammed our four fathers. came to africa and stole our rich heritage. suffered us as slaves and killed us like ants. it is time to get back all what your four fathers stole from our four fathers.
we will not stop untill the europeans, americans etc . come begging for forgivenes.
spot

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@falnsb ....others may follow on from your post with a list of links about previous discusions on the pros and cons of closing down Lad's accounts

I expect the cons to win
falnsb
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I would be interested to see these arguments.

Quote:
I expect the cons to win

You may be right, I'm simply expressing my view which is that there is a greater good in having these scumbags accounts closed down than in leaving them open. I also believe in the death penalty for violent crime - most people don't. Being in a minority does not cause me to change my viewpoint.

Furthermore, my scammers, my baits, I feel I can do as I want with them. Be assured that there is no way I would close down someone else's scammer.

Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I take your point, but unless the baiting community as a whole (not just this one) opens a Who's Baiting Who database then it's quite possible, in fact quite likely, that your lad is being baited by others and just because you've finished with him doesn't mean someone else hasn't.

There must be hundreds, maybe thousands of active baiters who don't ever publish their work here or elsewhere so closing down an email addy for a lad you've finished with can potentially ruin several other baits. And it takes 10 seconds for your ex-lad to set up a new email addy so I don't really see the benefit of forcing him back 'underground' until he pops up again in a baiter's (or more importantly a real victims') Inbox.

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
Eight
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We have rehearsed the arguments for and against quite a few times, of which this is an example. I am not trying to stifle debate by mentioning previous discussions, merely to illuminate this one.

The decisive point for me is that there is no way to guarantee you're not messing with someone else's endeavours with the same lad. Those endeavours could go beyond a simple bait, such as trying for an arrest, and I'd hate to screw up something like that for another baiter.

United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Benin Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Nigeria France Benin

Avatar from sweethell ** www.ScamWarners.com - Victim warnings, support, advice & information ** Click here to donate to 419Eater.com
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Before this gets locked, as it has been done to death in the past.

before I knew about baiting, I still got a few 419's in my work account. At first I sent them to the police, but they made it clear that they weren't interested unless I'd suffered a loss. Then I started forwarding them to Yahoo (or whoever, but usually Yahoo), who would (maybe) close down the box.

Of course this doesnt stop the lads, who will open another box in a few minutes. It may lose them a few replies though. If you have your lad on the hook, this wont lose them, as they will copy replies to another accopunt in case this happens. they just come up with some BS that their ex-secretary has hacked their old box, and not to use it anymore, or somesuch guff.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
falnsb
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've read through all this and the related links.

I accept the argument that you could unwittingly interfere with someone else's bait, and that of course is something I'm sure none of us would wish to do, but I do feel that the counter argument to that is, as has been said, that the scammer will have noted or copied all the details and will not lose contacts.

Closing accounts down will incovenience, frustrate, and harass the scammer causing him to waste time and effort. Weigh that up against the (I think) relatively small possibility of screwing up someone's bait, and I think it is valuable.

nalei
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My SA lad has just changed his mailbox too. I already forwarded his details to another baiter to start over. I'll forward the new email too.

But yes, this can ruin somebody's bait. It seems my lad didn't receive my last email to him. But I am too new in this to have a solid opinion.
B.L.Z. Bubb
Dudley Dooright

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

falnsb wrote:
Weigh that up against the (I think) relatively small possibility of screwing up someone's bait, and I think it is valuable.

Eight wrote:
The decisive point for me is that there is no way to guarantee you're not messing with someone else's endeavours with the same lad. Those endeavours could go beyond a simple bait, such as trying for an arrest, and I'd hate to screw up something like that for another baiter.

"Please note for your information i am not boner,my name is bona Williams." - Reminded me of Shiver's "Ahoy Matey" quote...

"Maybe we should all just have an orgy and not worry about who belongs to whom." - from 419eater chat. This is what you're missing if you're not in it.

Kids, don't PostWhore for your Orange Name or you'll end up like me. Do the right thing. Donate.

Deaded Banks: Malaysia x2
pony Mortar x24
Minnow
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

EDIT: deleted

Last edited by Minnow on Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eight
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Minnow, methinks you're overstepping the mark. Rolling Eyes

falnsb may not have that many posts, but he's been here a year longer than you and whilst I don't agree with him on this, I don't see any need to be patronising about it. Sad

United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Benin Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Nigeria France Benin

Avatar from sweethell ** www.ScamWarners.com - Victim warnings, support, advice & information ** Click here to donate to 419Eater.com
Minnow
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Okay, Eight. I'll defer to you. Sorry for overstepping.

Snip. Not needed. TS

falnsb
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As it happens I read Minnow's post before it was deleted and decided not to respond at that time. I think patronising is a good description.

The fact that someone has had more posts or been on 419eater for a longer time does not make them, or in this case me, better or wiser than the next person, nor does it make their opinions more valid.

Most of you disagree with me, and that's fine, this is a discussion forum, and we should be able to disagree in an adult way. Fundamentally, this site is about making life difficult for scammers and fighting amongst ourselves does not further than objective.

I can see the validity of some of the arguments some of you have put forward - Minnow on the other hand didn't put forward any coherent argument at all, it was just a rather patronising little rant. Thank you, I'm a big boy, and I don't need a mentor as such, but I'm quite happy to listen to, and learn from, others, and in this case, I have done so.

Minnow, I would have taken your posting in better spirit if it had been constructive, as are the others. It wasn't.

Let's try to keep our criticism constructive and non-judgemental.

Don
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Lights out.

**"Freedom? There ain't no fuckin' Freedom!"**
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic