SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Right..errrmm this friend of mine..

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Robert Sole
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok Me, single, think myself clever enough not to get scammed, have been talking to this woman who lives in Cyprus. Been chatting for about a week, about fishing, guitars, drums, bikes, music, etc etc etc, and I think I'm falling in love lol.
This is the first time for me (on the net) and because I've done baiting for a while I worry that maybe someones taking me for a ride. She's not asked me for money, or mentioned family or anything serious, just having a laugh, but you know how you can tell when its progressing, ie a "x" that wasn't at the end of the last mail....do you know what I mean? Anyway. If she asks me for money its tough shit cause I've got about 3 quid, but is there anything else I should be looking out for?
She's 29, fairly normal looking, with the most gorgeous, wonderful eys and smile you've ever seen Wink
How can I make sure I don't fall for a scammer (emotionally I mean) ?
Edit...I should add I've only ever done 419 baits, so I wouldn't know a dating scam.
Suzy2
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

How can you be sure that this is not a scam ?
Well a picture of her holding a sign that is not photoshopped could be good, as "she" may in fact turn out to be a male using a picture stolen from the web!! (i think that may dampen the flame a bit) ??
Of course the request for money for tickets etc would also sound a warning,
I believe that some of these "women" may build up trust for quite some time before asking for money, this will be the crunch if any request arrives.
Ok now you can take a cold shower!! Laughing
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Robert Sole wrote:
Anyway. If she asks me for money its tough shit cause I've got about 3 quid, but is there anything else I should be looking out for?

Have you traced her IP yet? If not, please do so.
Since you WON'T (I assume) send cash, here's 3 things you should be on the lookout for:
1. She may get herself in a jam where she can't cash a cheque, pay or other, and will ask you to deposit it in your account, wait for it to "clear", and then send the money WU. In this case, the cheque is fake or stolen and you are in deep shit when it comes back.
2. She may tell you that, for whatever reason, she needs you to receive and then mail packages to her, because they can't be delivered directly. The packages will be full of goods bought with stolen credit cards.
3. She may ask you to recieve a package of letters to forward to "friends" "family" or "business associates". The letters will contain fake cheques, destined for other scam victims.

As far as "how do I know if its real" goes, I would advise that you let the sexperts... ahhh... experts here in the love forum take a look, and maybe an ASEM. They are very good at what they do, and should be able to help you out.

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic