SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

SLEAZEBAIT "Daniel" gets his kicks scamming chicks

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
superlove
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello from Tokyo, Japan.

Meet Daniel Bernar, supposedly a 30-year old English teacher from Canada, who has been scamming naive Japanese women since 2000. He started out indiscriminately posting local "roommate wanted" and "penpal" message boards with his thinly-disguised ads, and has graduated to spamming random email addresses from the local English classified mags.

Once he gets a response from a gullible Japanese girl wanting to learn English and maybe more, he leeches off them in every way conceivable, from making them bring a 'gift' on their first meeting, asking them to pay for dates, raiding their fridges, indecent touching, to using their credit cards. He even asks for a $100 "deposit" for English lessons. (Source: victim testimonies, all verifiable on the Internet) He also has a fictitious English school, runs non-existent "International Parties", and makes other suspicious claims, such as that he speaks 7 languages.

He spams under many different names and email addresses (but curiously always from the same IP address), and pretends variously to be from Australia, England, Canada, and California. He even sends fake pictures of good-looking men to lure his prey. People who have met him say that his real name is Dimitry, he actually comes from Turkmenistan, and that his English is heavily accented.

This sick man must be stopped before more people fall victim.

What a loser!
And begging to be spambaited.
Any takers?

Here is a thread on a local Japan expat discussion board about him:
http://www.gaijinpot.com/bb/showthread.php?t=10038

419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oooohhhh, just what I want, English lessons. I donuto supiku gudo ingurishu. Maybe he can help me with my pronunciation.

[08:08] pastor_jerry45: b4 u try anything on me....i will destroy, i will make ur life impossible (Yim "romance" scammer)

PA writes: I wouldn't mind if you locate the House in Tokyo or Osaka, as long as it is good and very close to where you stay, so that we can always keep in close touch with eash other. (Oh, warm and fuzzy feeling).
superlove
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You can see a sample of this con artists' work at:

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=80698

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Maybe I should bait this chump, I might be heading back to JP soon... I'd have no problem putting him through a little "Training Day" and laying the smack down on him in person.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

On him like white on rice.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
madpoet
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Did anyone else read the guy's post? Am I the only person who thinks that, with English skills like that, he would have lost his job within a day or two? Someone needs to call him out and ask him what he really does...

I giving you the lawyer's contact needs you to call him often and make all necessary arrangement to get my money
superlove
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

What a joke, huh?
I mean the spam-English is about average for a mugu, but this is a guy who claims he graduated from McGill and U of London. The Google Groups message where he posts his resume is even more damning. That and the fact he posted it to a Japanese Google group for "real estate agent trouble" shows his cluelessness.

What he really does? Well he was apparently fired from his job sometime late last year (even a McEnglish outlet has to have some kind of standards), and he's turned to full-time scamming...
superlove
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

miyu wrote:
Oooohhhh, just what I want, English lessons. I donuto supiku gudo ingurishu. Maybe he can help me with my pronunciation.

I'll bet his Russian is better though.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This was the extent of his last email to me.

Quote:
ok come soon and call me
call me: 090-65869843

He does not say when, or who so I take that to mean all board members that want to wake him up at three in the morning his time.

11AM PDT = 3 AM his time.
8 AM EDT = 3 AM

He wants me to take the train to Osaka. I have not decided if I will fly in from Hanada or drive my Porche. Should I keep the top up or down. Any suggestions? Anyway the next set of photos will be topless.

<Edit>
Two new emails-
[email protected] or: [email protected]

The second looks like it will be very ripe for large DLLs or huge jpeg/tiffs.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
miyu
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Code for Japan is 81, don't dial the first 0, 81+90.....

Japan is GMT +9. He'll love those early morning calls.

[08:08] pastor_jerry45: b4 u try anything on me....i will destroy, i will make ur life impossible (Yim "romance" scammer)

PA writes: I wouldn't mind if you locate the House in Tokyo or Osaka, as long as it is good and very close to where you stay, so that we can always keep in close touch with eash other. (Oh, warm and fuzzy feeling).
quivver
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Skype is offer free calls to Japan July 29 & 30

Smile

quiv

edited to add "July" lol

edited again to add: US & Canada callers only (or so it says on their site)
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

[email protected] is now dead. This guy has quite a few accounts on the web.

I opened a large dll file using Word and pasted the center section into an email 5 times into a message sent to his cell phone account. It took a few minutes even with my DSL line to send it. Once its on an email service's system, I can forward it to him again and again in seconds. Any suggestions on how many times I send it? He's got mail.

He's still sending me really crappy script so I've left the top up on the Porche for a while.

superlove
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

FYI, that address should be [email protected], not [email protected] . Please try again!

Daniel apparently was feeling the heat in Tokyo (cops?) and has now moved to Kobe to try his scam on local women.

He's also gotten himself two new emails: [email protected]
[email protected] (pseudonym: "Mike Cruze"!)

Quote:
Received: from unknown (HELO ?192.168.2.46?) (220.15.154.219)
SUBJECT: hi its me,om emailing you all the time
DATE: 28 Jul 06 16:10:17
X-Mailer: Rapid-Emailer

its my new email address,do you like it?
lets fall in love!!!!!????
i emailed you that now i am in kobe!
please come this weekeend to kobe
saturday or sunday or longer!
kobe station is best
lets go to Mosaic,Kobe Harbourland,other places!
http://www.kobe-mosaic.co.jp/index.html
you can call me to confirm if i dont get your email
090-65869843
with love...waiting for you!!
finally summer came,its great to enjoy beach
i visit different places,its nice to see around japan and world
i lived in tokyo for about 6 years and didnt go nowhere
but now its nice for change
its exciting to travel, amusement parks,restaurants,museums,famous,popular places...
whats your favourite place?
i want to visit it together,please show me around or lets enjoy it!!
finally rain stoped in japan!!!!!!!!
introduce me to your friends, family members too!!
i like healthy food,for example i prefer fish to meat,but i of course eat meat...glass of wine sometimes is also good for health,salads,fruits,teas......
i do my best at everything,health,work,i best worker in my company,try to be good to parents,always nice to people,but sometimes there are not so nice people so i try to avoid them...

xoxo

Quote:
Sent : Saturday, July 22, 2006 3:02 PM
To : ?????@*******.com
Subject : Hello!

X-Originating-IP: [203.216.104.201]
X-Originating-Email: [[email protected]]
X-Sender: [email protected]
Received: from 207.46.10.123 by by121fd.bay121.hotmail.msn.com with HTTP;Sat, 22 Jul 2006 06:02:14 GMT

how are you?
now im in shinjuku,have free time,i can meet you!!
next week will go to osaka!
or lets meet tomorrow at komae station on odakyu line!its 10 min. from shinjuku
there will be fireworks,lets meet in the afternoon,anytime is fine, i will wait for you somewhere in a cafe reaidng book
and in the evening lets go to fireworks
you can call me when you arrive: 090-65869843

Daniel's waiting for your call 24-7!
That number again is 090-65869843!
International callers, note that the country code for Japan is 81, and drop the first 0 in 090. BTW that's a mobile number (company: Vodafone).

Last edited by superlove on Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:12 am; edited 1 time in total
miyu
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

OK, I wondered if he was still in Tokyo. If he's in Kobe, maybe we can raise a little heat there too. Another baiter called that number last night but it was busy.

Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm baiting him from multiple boxes and so far its all the same poor script similar to that post above. His [email protected] box seems to resolve to Hiroshima. I'm not sure if this is the service originator's location. All of his scripted replies ask to set up a Kobe meet. I'll make sure to tell him that his phone was busy.

miyu
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

ybb.ne.jp is Yahoo Japan adsl connection. There are servers everywhere. It now actually belongs to Softbank. Or it did a couple of weeks ago.

If he is in Kobe, he's probably working in Osaka as well.

419weasel
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Number busy... Hopefully he's talking to a baiter and not a victim....

Click for lad pain. - New to the forum? Introduce yourself HERE!
Easter Egg 2012 pony Turns that frown upside down- TS
Mc Fry
<-- Official 419Eater buns awarded by Luther Blissett, bun-enabler extraordinaire.
Pith Helmet Remy D1ckson - 1,000 miles from Abidjan, Cote D'Ivoire to Lagos, Nigeria and back!

Lad Quotes
http://members.419eater.com/~419weasel/ladquotes.html
miyu
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

As I posted elsewhere, there are also several anti-Daniel blog sites in Japanese:

http://how.seesaa.net/category/275891.html
http://bbs4.fc2.com/php/e.php/fact-finder/?act=reply&tid=1385482
http://www.medianetjapan.com/2/20/internet_computer/eunos/page11.html

he may also be using another email:
[email protected]

madpoet
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What would happen if you made mention of these anti-him sites in an e-mail to him...see if he can explain away why so many people really dislike him.

I giving you the lawyer's contact needs you to call him often and make all necessary arrangement to get my money
miyu
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

he'd probably claim he is misunderstood. I'd like to get his visa pulled and send him back home to wherever he came from. And there are even more anti-Daniel sites than those. he's an institution.

madpoet
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Reading this thread, with all of these links to topics about one specific guy, kinda makes me wonder what's out there about me...

superlove
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks in part to you all, Daniel's stopped posting his phone number on his initial spam email. Can anyone confirm if the email addresses I posted are still working, and if he is still in Kobe?

Meet Daniel's newest fake identities, "Richard Wedge", and "Tom".

Here is a translated spam report from the Japanese Daniel Watch message board.
Also check out the fake pics of "Richard" and his dog.

Quote:

I got an email from another stranger yesterday, and I think it�s Daniel again.
The font is Century, like he often uses. The IP address is 218.115.228.94 (Softbank BB).
Claims to be a Richard from New York. But it�s so obvious that I wanted to reply with �I know it�s you again, Daniel!�.
His email is [email protected]
Here is the message text:

Hello
Nice to meet you!!
I am Richard!Are you looking for friend, penpal or sweet heart?
I read your message,I plan to come in your country, but I dont know in what city do you live?
I want to work as English teacher for couple of years!
Now I am in New-York city,do you know about NY?Museums,musicals,multiculturalism...
Please see photo:
http://community.webshots.com/photo/552983700/2359674850095360074BYujMZ
Its my dog`s photo:
http://community.webshots.com/photo/552983700/2486482420095360074WCqnJN
Waiting for your email!
Best regards,
Richard

Here is "Tom" in a new one that another person found on a Japan Penpals page: http://www9.big.or.jp/~copy-cat/

Quote:

Nice to meet you!How are you!?
2006/8/6
Tom [softbank218115228094.bbtec.net]

Hi,Im Tom,
I`m originally from Boston, United States
Please see my photo:
http://www.angelfire.com/planet/mgg/me/27344849G.jpeg
I will come to Japan for work for 3 years or more and I want to find a special girlfriend
I am computer engeneer, in my free time I like meeting friends, going to live concerts, sports games
I like music,movies, sports,I exersize,go jogging everyday
I like technology,computer,IT staff,like to see new things.
Now I study Japanese from book.
I know about 400 words.
Now its summer, really hot in Boston.
I went to enjoy with my friend near river last weekend.
Please write me about yourself
I would like to be friends with you, I can tell you about USA,Boston, I can fix your computer too Smile ha-ha-ha
I will work for sometime in Kansai and after Kanto area
I do my best at work, have nice friends,responsible,fun,cheerfull!
Drop me a line!
[email protected]
See you!

I wonder what Daniel intends to do by claiming he's from the USA and wants to come to Japan? Maybe you could ask him at [email protected] or [email protected] .

Last edited by superlove on Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:35 am; edited 2 times in total
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I got this from him yesterday from the 0nlyf0ry0u4U h@tmail account after I sent him a plea to help me learn English.

Quote:
Hi
Now I am in my hometown staying with my parents!
Its nice, I meet my friends, talk to my parents...meet relatives...
I enjoy,my mother cooks very well and many dishes, my father takes me to
many
places by car...

I will go to Japan next week to find my princess, lets meet and see?
What day are you free to meet?Nan nichi jikanga arimasuka?
I am looking for serious girlfriend starting from friendship.
I will go to Osaka and Tokyo,I dont know where is good place to live?
Looking forward!!
See you!
Bye

I have to say his English is pretty crap so I'm not sure how many 'pupils' he manages to find.

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
superlove
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

madpoet wrote:
What would happen if you made mention of these anti-him sites in an e-mail to him...see if he can explain away why so many people really dislike him.

Actually, I happened to read a post by Daniel on one of these sites, before the admin deleted it. According to the post, he wanted to marry his Japanese girlfriend, but the girl's parents were strongly against it and refused to meet him. The girl was never allowed near Daniel again, and all communications were cut off abruptly. Daniel wrote this sob story as if to justify his preying and scamming on other women. He struck me as a sick, sad, lonely man.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic