SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Any tips of how to bait a scammer from Russia?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Green_Frog
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am currently corresponding with a scammer posing as a stunnig young lady from Russia, complete with photos. I'm at the stage where 'she' is asking me for money via Western Union so she can pay for her ticket to come and visit me (sounds familiar?). 'She' said that she needs the money as my offer of buying her the ticket online is not suitable (surprise, surprise!)

Some questions:

1) The scammer has supplied me with a postal address which I had asked for- but I guess this address is fake? What would happen if I sent some smelly old banana skins to that address?

2) Shall I ask her if she can open a bank account so that I can send her money?

3) I read that sending fake Western Union MTCNs is a way to harrass them. I've never used WU, so how would I be able to send this fake document?

4) Shall I ask 'her' for a scanned copy of her passport and visa?

I don't want the scammer to twig that I've sussed them- so any tips at harrassing and angering them would be greatly appreciated!

Green Frog

wayne
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

1) That's illegal. Don't do it.

2) Why? Scammers work with WU and MG, not bank accounts. (edit) - at least the types we're talking about here

3) Make up a 10 digit number. Better still, say you have to send it thru Moneygram instead and send a made up 8 digit number to the lad. MG can't be checked online like WU can

4) Shoot, but expect a fake one back

Oh yeah, welcome to the Eater. Be on your best behaviour or I'll come round to your house and bitch slap you Laughing Don't forget to bait safe and sign up for a mentor.

Last edited by wayne on Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Terminator
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Green_Frog wrote:
any tips at harrassing and angering them would be greatly appreciated

Tell the lad you are going to send Boris from the KGB to see him,
and that you'll take away all his vodka .... Shocked

I want to assure you that this transaction is legal, I have contacted my attorney and also
my boss Mr Mikhail Khodorkovsky who has recently been imprisoned .... Mr. Igor Ivanov

x4 - Number of lads presenting me forged police documents

I want a rose .... Sad
Don't be sad, here's a rose for you-lotta .... Pretty Rose
Thank You Lotta - I Shall Cherish It Forever .... Smile
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome Green_Frog.

If you are 'dating' this beauty from your personal e-mail account drop 'her'. Open a safe account such as gmail or fastmail.fm and re-bait under a fresh name.

A certain horny Nurse will be along shortly with your medecine.

Oh yeah, post her picture on here to let us all see what a stunna she is.

Bait safe.

[Edit] Get youself an appropriate avatar.

TS

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat

Last edited by Tommo Shanter on Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Green_Frog
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wayne- Thanks for your help there.

1) OK, won't do that. It might be an innocent person picked by the scammer at random, mightn't it?

2) I think that to open a bank account will create a lot of inconvernience and time for them.

3) MG with the fake number sounds like a great idea.

4) The scammer says that 'she' doesn't havea bank account, and can I send it to a relative's bank account? Shall I insist that she must open an account herself? I think it's a real hassle to do that in Russia, isn't it?

Any idea who I should ask to be my mentor?

----------

Terminator- Good idea, but the KGB was replaced by the FSB after the collapse of the Soviet Union. And I don't know if the scammer is a lad posing as the girl or what. But that is how I imagine the person to be- a guy of about 30 sitting on his computer all day sending out scams.

----------

Tommo- Is it unsafe to bait scammers using one's own mail? It's not my main email address, just a casual one that I use for correspondence. Can a scammer still access details from a yahoo-type email?

I will post her pic, but not just yet in case the scammer follows this forum.

What avatar would you suggest? I don't know how to do them- I'm not so computer literate. I'd like to put a green frog on, if possible. That cat of yours is quite scary!

wayne

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

1) Good. Glad you get the message there.

2) They've been known to use another scam victim as a go between. You pay the money into another victim's account and they WU it to the scammer. Avoid banks if at all humanly possible

3) That's what we do here. No matter what the scam it works.

4) See 2

The mentor thread is at http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16765 but you don't choose one. You'll be told who your mentor will be. That's how it works.

And as for the email question, never NEVER EEEEEVER use or give a lad anything that can in any way be traced back to you. But your mentor can explain that to you.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Green_Frog,

Wayne pretty much has it covered.

If you have been baiting anybody from an unsafe account drop them immediately. Just don't reply. Gmail and fastmail rule.

Regarding your avatar. Open a phot0bucket account to save images>>>
http://photobucket.com/

Make sure your user name cannot be traced back to you.

On this site click on profile above , then scroll down to the bottom right and click on the browse button, copy and paste the URL of the ph0tobucket image. Make sure it doesn't exceed 145 pixels. You can re-size images here>>>http://www.shrinkpictures.com/

PM me if you have any problems.

TS

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik

wayne

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I will post her pic, but not just yet in case the scammer follows this forum.

Would someone other than myself like to put Green_Frog in the picture as to the odds of a vlad seeing their picture here, knowing which of their scams is really baiting them and dropping him?

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

wayneRBW wrote:

Would someone other than myself like to put Green_Frog in the picture as to the odds of a vlad seeing their picture here, knowing which of their scams is really baiting them and dropping him?

About as likely as England winning the World Cup and Peter Crouch winning Strictly Come Dancing. Laughing Laughing

TS

Green_Frog
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So many replies in such a short time! Seriously, do you two spend all day on your computers?

----------

Wayne- That MG sounds like my best option to offer 'my' scammer.

I posted on the mentor thread, so hopefully someone will come along tomorrow (I'm only on the computer for a short time). And I'll look forward to being in dialogue with them.

By the way, I will post the details of the scammer on within the next few days most likely. I've got pics- can I post one of them?

-----------

Tommo- Thanks for the tips. I've got a lovely green frog pic that I just couldn't resist using, and here it is... And that cat of yours really is very scary. I'm going to bed now, and hope I won't have nightmares about it...

Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

G_F

The mentor thing may take a few days, so be patient and read all the stickies and the posted baits hereabouts to get a feel for the place.

Nice frog, BTW. Rivett!!

TS

Green_Frog
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm a bit new to all this, so I think I'll take your advice and do a bit of reading on this forum.

That's the best frog pic I've come across, so I thought it'd be ideal...

Esqulax
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think the fashion at the moment is to put devil horns on everything... Wink

Green_Frog
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

There's such a thing as a horned toad (which is actually a lizard). A horned frog sounds a bit weird- but I will give it some thought!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic