SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Hunting Cyril the Squirral - part 2 of the trilogy

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
The Cheshire Cat
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This is part 2 of my fun adventures with Cyril the South African scammer. I will post part 1 once I have collated it after the weekend.

The scenario is thus...

...towards the end of my previous bait with Cyril Nyerere we realised that there was no chance of it resulting in an arrest. So I opened a new email account and started again.

---------------------

Sat, 22 Jan 2005

Dear Mr Nyerere,

Thank you for your e-mail. My apologies for my slow response but I have been unable to check my e-mail recently due to a tragedy in the family.

Do you still require assistance?

Mrs Grace Quirral

---------------------

Sat, 22 Jan 2005

Dear Grace,
Greetings to you, I receive your mail and the contents well
understood,I am
sorry for the tragedy that befall your family. I want to let you know
that I
still need your assistance . so lets quickly fasten up this
transaction. I
will like to have your details including your phone number for easier
communication.
on my next mail I will detail you on how this business will be
perfected.please do maintain the confidential nature of this
transaction.
Thanks and God Bless you.
Cyril.

---------------------

Mon, 24 Jan 2005

Dear Mr Nyerere,

Thank you for your condolences and for your quick response to my e-mail.

I am getting a bit worried that I am not the right person for this transaction. I am very honoured that you have asked me to help but I don't know much about business deals. My husband was excellent with investments and I wish I had paid more attention during our short marriage. I am afraid of letting you down and I would understand if you would prefer to look for a more experienced person.

The only thing is that I am not sure if this is the right thing to do. You said that you got my name and e-mail address from a business journal at the world trade centre in Johannesburg. I didn't know how they would have got any of my details. What did they say about me?

I woudl like to give you my phone number, only Simon always said I should never give out personal details over the internet, especially address and phone number, unless I really knew and trusted the person. How do I know I can trust you?

I hope you don't mind me being a little cautious. I just really want to do the right thing.

Yours sincerely,

Grace Quirral

---------------------

Note that I call my husband 'Simon'. A bit later I forget that and start calling him 'Max' - in fact I have only just noticed that I originally named him 'Simon'. (Note to self - keep track of bio facts used)

---------------------

Wed, 26 Jan 2005

Dear Mr Nyerere,

I haven't heard from you since my last email several days ago. I suppose that you have found someone better suited to assist you with your investments.

Best regards,

Grace

---------------------

Wed, 26 Jan 2005

Dear Grace,
Greetings to you, I receive your mail and the contents well understood.
well
I have not look for someoneelse, As I told you earlier to forward your
details to me. I will like to have your profile including your phone
number
for easier communication.
on my next mail I will detail you on how this business could be
perfected.
Thanks,
Cyril.

---------------------

By this time we know that Cyril is a suspicious lad. He doesn't trust without a phone call so we decide to introduce that modality early on. Egyptkah makes a phone call on the 26th Jan (I think). I don't know if she has uploaded it but once I find out if she still has it I'll post the link. Basically it was very brief but served to establish a degree of trust.

---------------------

Thu, 27 Jan 2005

Dear Cyril,

I hope you are well. I was very reasssured to talk to you on the phone. Thank you. My phone number is 360-227-XXXX.

Please tell me in what way I can help you with this business.

Yours sincerely,

Grace Quirral

---------------------

Thu, 27 Jan 2005

Dear Grace,
Greetings to you, I receive your mail mail and the contents well
understood,
I am sorry when you called me I was a meeting so I could not discuss
for a
very long time with you over the phone.
Below are the details on how this business could be perfected.
After my meetings with the bankers who will assist us in transferring
this
money, they made me to understand that your presence is needed here in
south
africa for two to three working days to open a non residents account
where
the money will be deposited before the onward transfer into your
foreign
account.
secondly coming to south africa will enable us to have a face to face
meeting, and for us to know each other and discuss very well on the
investment procedures.
please I will like to finalise this business as soon as possible, so do
prepare yourself let me know when you can make it to south africa.
please remember to keep the confidential nature of this business.
Thanks and God bless you.
Cyril.

---------------------

Okay! Preliminaries are over, trust is established and things start to get interesting now.

I pm Rian and we set a date for the trap. Now I just have to string Cyril out for a couple of weeks!

---------------------

Sat, 29 Jan 2005

Dear Cyril,

Thank you for your e-mail. I have read and understand the requirements of this business and I will do my best to be of service to you in this. Please remember though, that I am not hugely expereinced in investment but I will spend some time looking over my late husband's files and reading so that I can assist you better.

I got a little bit of a shock when you said that I would need to travel to South Africa. I haven't travelled out of the country since I was a teenager and went on a school trip to France for a week. I need a little bit of time to think about this and to plan.

Also, I am going to be out of phone contact from this Monday till around the 20th of February. I don't know if I mentiond to you that my late husband was killed in a car accident just before Christmas. I was very badly injured in this accident and now that the injuries have healed a bit I need further maxiliofacial surgery. That means that I am going to be unable to talk, or eat normally for almost a month after the surgery. I will still be able to e-mail but the thing is that I will be in hospital from Monday through till the weekend so probably won't be able to check my emails till I get home.

Don't worry about me, though. I will have nurses to take care of me and once I have healed from the surgery I should be as good as new again. Hopefully better since I never liked my nose anyway and the surgeons have agreed to reshape it while they are doing the other work.

I am just so sad that Max can't be here with me now. It is a month today since the doctors had to turn off his life support and I have been so lonely and lost without him. It is good to have this business to concentrate on.

Do you believe in God? I do. I know that Max is in heaven with Jesus and he doesn't want me to cry anymore. And I believe that your e-mail has come at the right time for me. I needed something else to think about rather than my own worries.

Thank you!

Grace

---------------------

Egyptkah was planning a long road trip & holiday so she wouldn't be able to make or receive calls at this time. It was a bit of a gamble as to whether he would accept this piece of fiction....

I am not posting the subject headings for all the emails but the one following was a classic:
Quote:
DO NOT THINK MUCH FOR GOD IS WITH YOU

---------------------

Sat, 29 Jan 2005

Dear Grace,
Greetings to you, I receive your mail and the contents well understood,
I am
very sorry for what happend to you, but I strongly beleive that Max
will be
in the right hand of the lord almighty. do no think much for the lord
is
with you. I so much beleive in him, he is the beinging and the end, he
knows
why Max left no matter our situation we must still thank God.
I will pray for you and by the special Grace of God the surgery will be
perfect.
So I will be waiting for you to get back to me when you returned from
the
hospital, so that we can conclude this transaction.
May the almighty God I worship heal you from any sickness, distractions
of
any kind.
Cyril.

---------------------

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that he is deeply 'religious' - God this and God that. Fine, I can handle that. If he will trust me more for being a Christian then that is fine.

Now I start to see how thick I can lay it on. Poor me!

---------------------

Sun, 30 Jan 2005

Dear Cyril,

I cried when I read your kind words. How can someone I have never met know so perfectly what to say? I felt so comforted by what you wrote, both about my darling Max and about the surgery tomorrow.

I feel that God has sent you to me in my darkest hour to comfort and to guide. Are you an angel, Cyril? No, how silly of me! You are just a man - but a kind and generous man who I would like to one day be able to call my friend.

Thank you for saying you will wait for me to help you with this transaction. I am sure you could find a hundred people better qualified to help with your investments so I appreciate your kindness in waiting for me. It means a lot to have something else to occupy my thoughts with.

I am checking into the hospital later today ready for the surgery tomorrow morning. Keep me in your prayers. I will try and contact you by email as soon as I am able but it probably won't be till after I return home in a weeks time.

Yours affectionately,

Grace

---------------------

Big long break while I entertain guests from overseas.

---------------------

Mon, 7 Feb 2005

Dear Cyril,

I am glad to tell you that the surgery went very well and the doctors are extremely pleased with the early results.

It was very frightening going in there with no one to be with me and support me. The surgery had some risks such as a risk of an artery bursting or a blood clot forming on my brain. But as I went in there I prayed to God that if it was His will I help you then to bring me safely through the surgery, and if it was not His will then to let me join my beloved Max.

But it is obviously His will that I help you since I am here now. Even though I do not feel qualified to assist I will do my best!

I am back home now but I can't travel for at least two more weeks. I am so tired and weak and my face is still covered in bandages and my jaw is imobilised while the bones reknit after the surgery. I have a nurse here 24 hours a day to take care of me but I hope to be much better within a fortnight or so.

I return to my surgeon on the 22nd of February to undergo a small procedure to remove the metal pins and wires so after that I will be able to phone you again. I long to hear your voice. The memory of our last, brief conversation comforted me in the dark and painful nights in hospital. As did your gentle and kind words in your last email.

Please tell me what I must do in order to help you obatin your father's money. I know now that I must help you and I am eager to do everything that I can to do so.

Yours affectionately,

Grace

---------------------

Remarkably he swallows it! From experience we know that this lad drops anyone he finds suspicious. So far so good!

---------------------

Mon, 07 Feb 2005

Dear Grace,
Greetings to you, I receive your mail and was very happy to hear that
the
surgery went successfully, although I know that it will be successfully
because I prayed and fastened for that and God have surely answered my
prayer. Be still and know that I am God, that is what he told us that
In any
condition we must give thanks to God . We have to give thanks for him.
for
the succesfully surgery and for keeping us alive.
Well regarding our business everthing is still the same, I will wait
untill
you are fully recovered beleiving in two weeks time that everything
will be
alright. So I will like you to notify me on when you think you can make
it
to south africa, so that I will be able to arrange for everthing.
I will make a hotel reservation for you. then I will notify the
security
company where the money is kept that I want to collect my money. so the
actual arrival date is needed for me to inform the bankers for them to
let
me know what will be required for you to open the account.
Please do maintain the confidential nature of this transaction so that
nothing will jeopardise our efforts. while buying your ticket the city
where
I am here in south african is johannesburg.
I have been keeping you in my prayers and I will still be doing that
and
beleiving that by the stripes of our lord jesus christ we are healed.
Thanks and God heal you fully.
Cyril.

---------------------

Splodge (my mentor) and I decide to see how far off script we can get him. The more time he spends writing long epistles to me the less time he has for anyone else. At about this time (or maybe slightly before - I wiped my inbox so can't check Crying or Very sad ) Splodge starts up two baits with him as well - for information gathering purposes as well as to share the joy. We start comparing IP headers and mailing times.

---------------------

Tue, 8 Feb 2005

Dear Cyril,

Thank you for your kind reply. I have had a bad day today. The pain has been quite severe and it has been difficult to concentrate on anything. My doctor says that it will pass soon and has given me some stronger medication. Hopefully I will be a little better tomorrow.

I don't know when I can travel. Maybe in two or three weeks? I'll have a look at a calendar tomorrow and let you know.

I have tried to read my bible a little today but it has been hard to focus on the words. I am getting a bit bored so it is nice to have a friend to email and this business to look forward to. I think that I will treat myself to first class flights and a very nice hotel after all the trauma of the last few months.

Tell me a little more about yourself. How old are you? Do you have brothers or sisters? Where did you go to school? What was it like growing up as the son of a president? Did your parents bring you up to be a Christian or did you convert later?

I must rest now. I look forward to hearing from you later, my friend.

Grace

---------------------

Wow! This guy has quite an imagination. Fortunately my character has never heard of Google so doesn't check the facts as soon as she recieves the email. Otherwise the scam would have ended here!

---------------------

Tue, 08 Feb 2005

Dear Grace,
Greetings to you, I receive you mail and the contents well understood,
although I am very sorry for the severe pain, but I beleive within the
week
all the pain will disappear.
Well regarding our transaction two or three weeks will be by end of the
month, that will be fine so that by march, we will start the
investment.
Well let me briefly explain myself to you, My names are Cyril
makangaro
Nyerere, born in the year 1963 in Butyama General Hospital Nsoma
Tanzania,
the first son of late president Julius Mwalimu Nyerere, I schooled in
Oxford
university london. We are a lovely family of seven consisting of five
males
and two females, although my younger sisters are married and two of my
younger brothers are in Toronto Canada where they are schooling, and
the
other two is here with my mother. So the two of my younger brothers
with my
mother will be travelling together with me as soon as this money gets
transfered, so I will like you to look for a nice house where we can
stay, I
will like to buy a house of my own where my mother and my younger ones
will
stay.
Well my father and my mother were both christains, so I was born and
brought
up in a christaninity way of living. I do not convert, I am a born
christain. I could remember when Reinard Bonke a German evangelist
visited
the presidential house, everyone was filled with holy spirit and
anointing
power of God. He was with us for three days before he left, he was
sleeping
in the presidential Guest house so his visit was like a liberation to
our
family, making everyone to be close with God, this is one of the things
that
makes me to beleive strongly in God, because I did feel the presence of
God
in everything I do.
Well I like to know exactly the date you will make it to south Africa.
Thanks and God Bless.
Cyril.

---------------------

How far off topic will he go, I wonder?

---------------------

Wed, 9 Feb 2005

Dear Cyril,

Thank you for your long and friendly email. I feel like I know you much better.

I should tell you about myself as well.

My name is Grace Quirral. I do not have a middle name because my parents never gave me one. I am 23 years old and was married last year on Valentines Day to my lovely Max. Max was quite a bit older than me, and it was he that bought me into the family of God. He taught me about Jesus and showed me how to love Him as my personal Lord and Saviour.

I was studying office administration but once we were married Max insisted that I give it up and concentrate on making a comfortable home for us both and grooming myself to be a fitting wife for a man of his weath and stature. We hoped to have children quickly but that was not God's will for us. I miss him so terribly.

I am fascinated by your account of Reinard Bonke's visit to your family. I would love to know what it was that he said that made everyone become filled with holy spirit and anointing power of God. I love to hear good preachers speak of such powerful topics. What did he say to you and your family?

I am thrilled to hear you have a large family. You must have had such a happy childhood with so many playmates. My childhood was a bit lonely so I love to hear stories about others experiences. What kind of games did you play together? What was your favourite activity? Did you do sports together? What kind of things did your sisters like to do?

How old are the two younger brothers who are travelling with you? I have no younger brothers and always wished that I had. Maybe we could arrange some fun activites for them. Are they still young enough for Disney Land or would they prefer one of the more active theme parks? We could go skiing. Max loved to ski and he planned to take me skiing after Christmas. I imagine you wouldn't do much of that in South Africa would you?

I would love to find you a house but as you know I am very much stuck in bed at the moment so househunting is not possible. I could try and get a hosue for you once I have had the procedure to remove the pins and wires but I had thought to come out to South Africa as soon as possible after that. Perhaps your family would like to stay with me until we can find you a house after you come here? My husband liked to entertain so our house is quite huge with many guest bedrooms that you could stay in.

I would love to be able to say what date I can come and book the tickets but I need to wait until the end of next week when I see the surgeon again. He's going to remove the bandages and tell me whether I need further surgery or whether they have managed to deal with it all this time. If I need further surgery it will probably only be a short procedure but may delay my recovery by a week or two.

I will let you know as soon as I know, my friend. In the meantime, I am very much looking forward to hearing from you again soon. Please write and tell me more about your childhood and your experiences with the famous Christian preacher.

Yours truly,

Grace

---------------------

Thu, 10 Feb 2005

Dear Cyril,

I was so sad not to get an email from you today . They brighten up my rather dreary day.

Despite missing your lovely emails, I did have a nice surprise today. My surgeon, Dr Hyde, stopped by on his way home to see how I was doing. He unwrapped some of the bandages and was very happy with what he saw. He wouldn't let me have a mirror to look since there is still a lot of swelling and bruising, but he says that it is looking very satisfactory and he has no doubts that I should be able to have all the dressings and wires off on the 20th as planned with no further surgery needed!

I am so thrilled! Thanks be to God who heals and delivers us!

So tomorrow, I will start looking at booking my flights!

Can you tell me exactly what this is going to involve? What will happen when I arrive? What do I need to bring with me?

Also, I know that God has given me the sign I needed to know that you are sincere and trustworthy, but could you send me a photo of yourself just so that I know what you look like?

I have never travelled so far in my life and I am a little anxious.

Yours truly,

Grace

---------------------

Thu, 10 Feb 2005

Dear Grace,
Greetings to you, I receiver all your mail and the contents well
understood,
I am very happy to hear the improvement in your surgery, the miracle
the
lord is doing in your life, glory be to God almighty. he knows how
important
and urgent this business is that is why he is showering his healing
hand
upon you, coupled with the prayer we made before and after the surgery
and
we have not stop thanking and prasing him for his good works upon our
life.
I am sorry for not getting back to you immedately, I was busy with the
manager of the security and finace company where the consignment is
kept,
I was having a meeting with him because I have notify him that I want
to
collect my consignment. Although I still have an appointement with him
on
monday, so that I can terminate my contract with him and for them to
deliver
the consignment.
secondly, I also have an appointement with the bankers on tuesday for
them
to tell me what will be required for you to open the account, so by
tuesday
after my meeting with the bankers I will let you know what will be
required.
but after my meeting with the security company I will also let you know
the
outcome of my meeting with them.
Regarding my photo, I will send my picture to you, but I will like to
have
your picture as well.
Well by tuesday I will let you know what will be required from you and
how
the procedures will be by tuesday I will details.
Thanks.
God blesss and heal you.
cyril.

---------------------

He's so boring. All he wants to do is talk about his silly bankers. Come on Cyril entertain us! I don't reply to him until I have something more interesting to reply to. Laughing

---------------------

Sat, 12 Feb 2005

Dear Grace,
Greetings!!!,
How are you, hope you alright, I sent you an email earlier hope you did
receive it, I am worried since I did not hear from you, but I hope
there is
no problem, how is the surgery hope that the almighty God is streching
his
healing hand upon you, I alway keep you in prayer that all will be well
and
this business will be successfully in Jesus Name.
I will like you to get back to me reading your mail is like reading
from my
sisters.
When do you think you can make it to south Africa, every arrangement is
still the same .
Cyril.

------------------

I ignore him a little more. It was a busy weekend and going on a harbour cruise with my husband and son definitely took precedence to Cyril!

---------------------

Mon, 14 Feb 2005

Hi Cyril,

I am sorry to have not been in touch. I have been in hospital for the last few days with a small infection. It is nothing too serious but the surgeon wanted me to be under supervision and to have intravenious antibiotics. Apparently that is why I had been having so much pain. So anyway, it is gone now and since they dealt with it quickly it won't leave any scarring.

I wanted to get in touch with you as I knew you would be wondering where I was. But I decided you would prefer for me to retain the confidentiality rather than ask someone to email you and let you know what had happened. Did I do the right thing?

Right now I am still very tired and sleeping lots as I recover from the surgery. I can't wait till the 20th when I get the wires and bandages removed. As soon as it is done I want to eat a steak and phone you. I am sick and tired of mush to eat and I want to hear your wonderful voice again.

I need to go and sleep some more now, but I will book my tickets tomorrow and let you know what the details are. I will book for a specific time but will have to make it able to be changed in case the surgeon is not happy with the results and I can't fly.

Please write me a long email and tell me more about your family and what it was like to grow up in South Africa. I have always thought it must be such a romantic but dangerous land. Are there really wild animals everywhere? I would also love to see a photo of you.

Also, could you let me know what the arrangements are and what I need to do?

Yours affectionately,

Grace

---------------------

Poor boy! He missed me! And we get the next installment of the Life & Times of Cyril Nyerere. I'd say that Splodge and I are winning so far. Laughing

---------------------

Mon, 14 Feb 2005

Dear Grace,
I am
sorry to hear that you went back to the hospital, although that is for
good
but thank God that you are alrght, because he is incontrol of our lives
, by
his special grace their will be know surgery that will be required and
all
the pains will be disappeared in Jesus name .
Well regarding myself I did not grow up in south Africa , I grew up in
Tanzania before I went to England for my schooling, butnothwithstanding
life
here in south africa is quite cool depending on the area you are
living.
south africa is mixed up with whites, blacks and Indians , it was hot
during the Aparthied era, but now with the help of former president Dr
Nelson mandela a very good friend to my beloved late father, and the
governance of the incumbent president Mr Thabo Mbeki, south africa is
cool
and sweet, it got european infrastructure and is open for alot of
people, it
popularity increases as Fifa the world governing football body have
given
them the mandate to host the 2010 world cup, and this have brought alot
of
foreign investors to south africa, but I don't want to invest my money
here
in Africa because I don't want to stay here anymore.
Well every arrangement is still the same, all I need to do is to have
my
final meeting with the bankers and I will tell you what will be
required,
but I have made the necesarry arrangement, but every arrangement will
be
concluded when I know the actual date you will make it to south africa
because I don't want alteration or changes. I want all the arrangement
to be
solid and rigid.
let me brief on how the transaction will look like , on your arrival ,
you
will be picked by one of the lady banker whom will drop you in your
hotel
room, then you will call me when you are in the hotel , then I will
come and
meet you there, from their we have meet with the bankers and arrange
for the
opening of the account, then after that we will head to the security
company. but everything will depend on you if you have the strenght but
I
can take care of everything with the help of the bankers. do not worry
for
everything is under control. I have entrusted my life and that of my
family
wealth to you please do not disappoint me.
I will send my picture to you, but everything will be when you are ok.
on my
next maill I promise to give you a lenthy mail.
Thanks and God blless you.
Cyril.
I will like to have your picture also, to know whom I am entrusting my
wealth and that of my family into.

Last edited by The Cheshire Cat on Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:09 am; edited 2 times in total
The Cheshire Cat
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

And so I send my photo. Remember that we are aiming for a sting operation so I can't send anything that could be used to pre-identify me, since my role will be played by a miscellaneous police woman on the day. I send a pre-weightloss pre-surgery photo that is sufficently ambiguous. Later I also get my hair coloured. He hasn't got a clue what I look like.

---------------------

Tue, 15 Feb 2005

Dear Cyril,

Thank you so much for your email. I have learned so much about South Africa just from reading your words. I can't wait till I can see it in person and talk to you. I am looking forward to your next email where you tell me more about yourself. Are you married? Are any of your family married? I was really touched when you said that reading my emails was like hearing from one of your sisters. That is so sweet.

Yesterday was a difficult day for me. As you know it was Valentines Day and that was a special anniversary for Max and I. I thought of him lots and watched our wedding video about five or six times. Our wedding day was just perfect. Max spent a fortune on making it a day where I felt like a princess. My only regret is that I was carrying a little too much weight at the time. I hope you won't think less of me Cyril, but for most of my teenage years I was quite fat and it is only since getting married that I have lost the weight. Max was an enourmous support to me and encouraged me to join Weightwatchers and take Xenical. Since we got back from our honeymoon I have lost over 37kg and I look years younger because of it. Max was so proud of me and it is funny in a kind of sad way but I have lost the last 11kg really easily since the car accident with not being able to eat solid food.

So I am a little embarassed at send you a photo. I don't want you to think that I am disgusting or something. Actually, now I am quite a good size - size 12 and rather shapely. But I don't have any recent photos. So I have decided to send you one from my wedding day. Cyril, you are my friend and I know that you woul not think less of me for having had that weakness in my past. Please understand that I have been very sensitive about my weight.

Thank you for letting me know what the arrangements are for the business. Can you tell me whether I need to bring anything with me? I want to help but you need to tell me exactly what you expect from me since I have never done anything like this before.

I have booked my tickets today and the travel agent has emailed through the details. I have inserted them below. She is sending through the hotel bookings in a seperate email but I haven't got it yet. I'll forward the details to you once I have.

Take care!

Yours affectionately,

Grace

---------------------

I send the flight details in a seperate email. I tweaked a flight confirmation form I received last year when I went to Mexico and Cyril seemed to accept it.

He replies with another installment of the sad sad saga of his life, plus a lovely quote for my signature - remember it's not fat! I'm just plumpy and healthy! Laughing BTW - the great twerp gets it wrong. I am entering the church therefore the 'cool and handsome' gentleman on my arm is my father not my husband. Rolling Eyes I don't correct him.

---------------------

Tue, 15 Feb 2005

Dear Grace,
I
also receive the picture together with the flight schudles.I thank you
for
all your efforts so far regarding this transaction. Although the
arrival
date is a littile bit far, but if that date is the most convient day
for you
that is fine, I don't have any problem with that. Your late Husband
looks
cool and handsome my his soul rest in peace.
I do not know that you a such a beautiful and sweet girl, you are not
fat
why are you complaning of being fat, your just plumpy and healthy.
Well regarding your question , I am not married and non of my brothers
is
married either.I could have get married when I finish school but the
reason
why I am not married is that after the death of my father things
weren't the
same, I was planning to become the next president when my father steps
down
, that was the agreement but when my father died his deputy took over
the
arm of the government, so this did not give me the opportunity to
contest
because they was no election, his deputy just took over, so the time
they
soppose to have an election my mother advice me not to contest the
election,
that I should concentrate on our fathers assets, so as a politician I
deceided to wait untill this money gets transfered succesfully into
your
account, before I will start from where my father stops.
But since the death of my father, things have not been the way it use
to be,
because the standard of living is droping, I could remember when my
father
was the president, I use to go with jet. or if I want to use car, I
will go
with convoy and escort, but the present government is not friendly with
our
family so that was the major reason why we moved from tanzania to south
africa coupled with our consignment that is here in south Africa and
since
then things have not been easy with us. so this is why I don't want to
invest this money here in Africa. I want to invest this money in a
foreign
country and start a new life. please I have suffered alot since the
death of
my father, now this money is the only hope I have, so do not do anthing
that
will jeopardise our efforts.so do keep the confidentail nature of this
transaction.
I will like you to forget about the hotel reservation for I will take
care
of that, I will make a reservation for you in a hotel that will be
close to
where the transaction will take place to avoid stress, a nice and
secure
hotel here in Johannesburg.
I always keep you in my prayers as well the success of this
transaction,
please do not worry because every arrangement is still the same as I
told
you earlier.
I will send you my picture on my next mail .
Thanks and God keep on healing you.
Cyril.

---------------------

I can't help myself. I just have to take the plumpy thing a bit further...

---------------------

Wed, 16 Feb 2005

Dear Cyril,

I felt so sad when I read your last email. You have suffered so much since the death of your father - not just with the political persecution but also just missing his fatherly advice and guidence. I am sure that once you have the money things will change and you and your family will love Australia so much. It is a beautiful country full of contrasts. I am sure that you will find much of it, particularly the outback, very reminiscent of your home country.

Do you mind me asking how your father happened to have such a large sum of money? It is just that I would be a little reluctant to get involved if the money came from something illegal.

I was so touched by your generous words regarding my size. Do you know that that is almost exactly what Max used to say to me, word for word! He called me his 'plumpy dumply'. He loved to snuggle into me and bury his face in my ample chest. But when I decided to lose weight he supported me 100% and paid for weight loss medication, gym membership and a Weight Watchers subscription. I am so glad that he was able to see some of the results before our terrible accident. It was quite funny because he started to say that I would be the death of him if I lost any more weight. He wouldn't be able to control himself but would stay home from the office and make love to me for breakfast, lunch and dinner until he died from a heart attack. He thought it would be quite a good way to go.

I am sad that you are not married. It is such a wonderful experience. Maybe when you come here and aren't worried anymore about the politics or the money you can start thinking about getting married and having a family. I am sure that your mother would love to have some grandchildren running around her. Maybe we could have a big party when you get here and I could introduce you to some nice women that you might be interested in. Would you like that?

Anyway, you must tell me whether there is anything you need me to bring or prepare. I see the surgeon later this week and then fly out to meet you (if everything goes well with the final examination and x-rays). So time is short and if I need to prepare anything then I need to do it now.

I am looking forward to seeing your photo and then to see you. But I am a little confused. Why is a banker meeting me at the airport? Wouldn't it be better if you met me? I would prefer it since I am coming such a long way and I don't know this woman. I haven't been to South Africa before and I was hoping that there could be a friendly face to greet me when I finally get off the plane.

Please send me your photo so I can see what you look like. I already have an image of you in my head from reading your emails. I see you as a strong and dignified man, with a youthful energy that makes you seem younger than you are, but deep dark eyes with depths that hint of great struggle and suffering together with a glint of humour and fun. Am I close?

Anyway, I must finish and send this quickly as my husbands lawyer and business manager are coming to meet with me in half an hour to talk about Max's will and his estate. The nurse will be in soon to help me wash and dress for the meeting. I am getting better slowly and can do most things for myself now. It is just getting washing and getting my clothes on that is difficult while I still have so many bandages on. But they will be off soon and I can't wait to see what I look like! The doctor said that he has managed to ease away most of the scarring up into the hairline or below my jaw and he has reshaped my nose. God is so good in His blessings.

Yours affectionately,

Grace

---------------------

Then I bait the trap with a little more honey...

---------------------

Wed, 16 Feb 2005

Hi Cyril,

I had an excellent meeting with my husband's lawyer and business manager. Wow! I didn't know that he had made so many investments! He really was very smart.

They want me to take some time and think about what I want to do - whether I keep things running just the way they have previously (and they'll help me with advice) or whether I liquidate all his assets and retire a wealthy woman. They wanted to catch up with me again next week, and I was about to tell them that I would be unable to since I would be in South Africa but then I remembered that I'm not meant to tell anyone where I am going - so I said I had booked into a beauty spa for a fortnight to recover from the last few months. They thought that was a good idea and we'll talk again in the middle of March.

I don't know what I should do - I'm not much of a business woman as I said to you. I guess I'll have time to think about it on the plane. It is all very difficult and stressful. I just want to get to Johannesburg and meet you. I keep remembering that before my last lot of surgery I prayed to God that if he did not want me to help you that I would join Max. I am still here so it must be meant to be. I am so much looking forward to meeting you.

Grace

---------------------

Will he bite or have I overdone it?

---------------------

Thu, 17 Feb 2005

Hi Cyril,

I was sad not to get an email from you today. I hope that this does not mean that there has been any difficulties or setbacks. It is a highlight of my day to wake up and see if you have replied to my previous email and I am very much fascinated by your descriptions of growing up in the presidential household. Have you thought about writing a book?

Today is Thursday and tomorrow morning I have my final appointment with the surgeon and then I can make my preparations before I fly out on the weekend. Once all the dressings and stuff are off and I look human again (and not like The Mummy!) I'll get another photo taken of me so you can recognise me easily.

I just need you to tell me if there is anything I need to bring with me. Since tomorrow is Friday that is the last oppertunity I will have to get anything that might be needed.

Cyril, I can't wait to see you soon!

Grace

---------------------

Nah! You can never have too much honey!

---------------------

Thu, 17 Feb 2005

Dear Grace,
Greetings to you, I receive your mails and the contents well
understood. I
Thank you for all your efforts regarding this transaction, and your
altitude
towards everything, is like you are God's sent, each time I read your
mail
is like reading from my relatives, you sounds more related . I beleive
is
God that sent you to help us, likewise myself I told God that I don't
want
to be disappointed that I need someone who is humble, resposible,
honest and
capable of handling this transaction, I knelt down and prayed for that
and
he answered me by giving you to assist me.
Grace, I have taken you as a sister, I regard you the way I regarded my
sisters and my mother. Since the death of my father I have gone through
alot
of stress, thinking on how this money will be transfered and invested.
I know you will be suprised to hear that I am not married, but it was
not my
fault, I was waiting for the appropriate time which I beleive it is
now. I
will like to get married but that will be when I have settled down in
your
country and spend the rest of my life there.
Well regarding how this wealth was acquired, my late father was and
even the
longest serving president in Africa, he was the president of tanzania
for 24
years.so this money is what he achieved on the period of his
government, so
it is his entiltelment. so he deposited it a security and finance
company
here in south africa under my name as a family treasure and artfacts.
so this money is my hope and that of my family so I will like you to
follow
my instruction so that things will work well, because I will not like
anything that will jeopardise our efforts.
I will have my final meeting with the bankers this morning then after
my
meeting with them I will let you know what will be required for you to
open
the account but that will be later today. I will also like to have my
final
meeting with the security company but I will like to have the exact
arrival
date before I can conclude with the security company and as well
terminate
my contract with them.
Below is my attached picture .
Thanks and God Bless.

---------------------

I don't forward the photo on to Egyptkah. I don't want to have to fight for marital rights. She already has enough husbands. Time the rest of us girls saw some action! HUBBA HUBBA!

---------------------

Thu, 17 Feb 2005

Wow, Cyril! I didn't know that you are so handsome! You are very sexy - all the women will be falling over themselves to be noticed by you once you get here!

Anyway, it is bedtime and I must rest before the big day tomorrow! The nurse has gone downstairs to get my medication and I thought I would quickly log on and see if there was a message. Thank you Cyril, I will sleep happily tonight knowing that God has put us together to help each other through our tough times.

I look forward to talking to you tomorrow after my doctors appointment.

Yours sister,

Grace

---------------------

More blah blah bankers blah blah God blah blah - you get the idea

---------------------

Thu, 17 Feb 2005

Dear Sister,
I am
suprise on your comment on my picture, I know I am tall but not
handsome and
sexy (laugh).
Well by the special grace of almighty God, the appointment with the
suregon
will be a successful one. I have been praying tirelessly for your
healing
and for the success of this transaction and God have been answering my
prayers one after the other giving me the confident to do this
transaction
with you. I told you that each time I read from you, it is like reading
from
one of my sisiters.
I had a successfully meeting with the bankers today, and I am sopposed
to
have my final meeting with the security and finance company but before
I
could do that I have to know the actual date you will be arriving,
because
they will want me to tell them the actual date I want the consignment
to be
delivered to the bank.
I am littile confused on the flight schudles you sent to me, it shows
that
you will leave your country on the 20th of march, so I want to know if
I
should be working on that date or is it subject to change. so please do
clearify me on that so that I should know what I am working towards to.
Below are the outcome of my meeting with the bankers.
After a long meeting with the bankers, they made me to understand that
two
accounts is required to be open here in south africa, that such a large
sum
of money will be required to be splitted into two different accounts.
so two
non resident investment dollar account will opened here in south
africa
when you arrive, they said that if the money is splitted into two
accounts
that it will be perfect. According to the banker each account will cost
$1000 , so the two accounts will reqire $2000.usd.but he further
advised
that it will be wise to upgrade the account immedately it is
open.upgrading
a non resident account means depositing in somemoney into the account
immedatelly it is open before the huge money gets into that account. so
he
said it will be depend on us that we can upgrade such an account with a
minimum of $2000 each so making a total of $6000 so this is what will
be
required . so they said that with this there will be no
problem.According to
them , they want to do a profesional Job to avoid any hinderance and to
ensure a smooth transfer. they further said that it will take a total
of 72
hours before the money gets into your account in your country when
transfered.
Secondly a copy of your passport will be required.
The above is what is need to open the account and transfer the money.
The
$6000 will together be transfered with the main money, It is just for
us to
be in a safer side.
I will have my final meeting with the security company, but that will
be
when I know the excat arrival date for me to tell them the day they
will
deliver the consignment in the bank.
Grace, I have gone through some tough time this period but I know that
I
have already won for God is with us, I will keep you in my prayers the
appointement with the surgeon will be a miracle.
Thanks and God be with you,
Cyril.

---------------------

Okay, its now time to get him off balance. The whole problem with setting the lads up for a sting is that they have their modalities and their script and get very suspcious about deviating from them. That's what went wrong last time. So this time I have cheerfully agreed to the hotel reservation and the female banker meeting me. I know, however, that stings at airports are often unsuccessful as the lads are getting extremely cautious. So after obtaining advice from some of our illustrious members (thanks SamV) I decide to arrive a day early.

But first I need to soften him up by getting his hopes up then dashing them. It will make it more plausible when the plan changes again.

Please note the veiled threat in the last part of the final sentance.

---------------------

Fri, 18 Feb 2005

Dear Cyril,

I am so upset! I had hoped to be able to talk to you today but there has been a dreadful setback. As you know I had my appointment with the surgeon today to get the bandages and so on removed to see how the surgery went and to be finally able to eat solid food and talk again. I got dressed up and was driven down to his surgery centre but while I was waiting he was paged to the hospital to do emergency surgery on a little girl who had been mauled by a pit bull dog.

What could I do? I ended up having to rebook my appointment for next week and go home. I am so upset! I cried all the way home because I was so disappointed. Later his secretary called me to apologise for the delay. She said that the little girl had barely survived the attack and my surgeon was in theatre for six hours doing the initial repairs. I guess I can't be too upset or angry because someone else needed him more than me - but I was so looking forward to seeing you on Sunday. The secretary says that he can't fit me in until Wednesday morning so I am going to rebook my tickets to fly out directly after I have had the appointment.

I am so sorry Cyril. I don't want to disappoint you or mess up the arrangements you have made. Will you be able to reschedule with the bankers? I am so sorry. I hope this doesn't ruin things.

Please email me and let me know that it is going to be alright and that this isn't a sign that it is not meant to be.

Grace

---------------------

Fri, 18 Feb 2005

Dear Grace,
Actually it is a set back but that is not a problem. I have notify the
bankers, that didn't affect our planes.
I am sorry to hear about the little girl who had been mauled by a pit
bull
dog, it is a pity, I did feel for the helpless girl.
Every arrangement is still the same, all I want you to do is for you to
give
me your actual arriving date, because I will have my final meeting with
the
security company on monday, and it is on that monday that I will tell
them
the date they will deliver the consignment to the bank.
I beleive the surgeon will see you on wednesday, then do let me know,
because I will make a reservation for you, so let me have the date
after
making the reservation I will scan a copy of the hotel reservation for
you,
so tell me the date I will use.
Grace, I don't want you to be upset with the surgeon, he can see you
when he
is free, I have deceided to do this transaction with you and I have
made up
my mind to wait for you untill you gets ok. so do not worry and
hopefully
the result of the appointment will be right and by the special grace of
God,
everything will be alright, I don't want you to be upset for a good
thing is
about to happen. Why I was a littile bit worried is that the
consignment
have accumulated some dumurages in the security company, so I deceided
we
should act fast.
so everything is alright and God is with us, so do not be upset.
Yours brother
Cyril.

---------------------

Actually I don't want sexy boy as my brother (hint hint leer). But if that is the way he wants to play it (after seeing my photo! Shocked ) then I will play along - for a while. Laughing

I also decide to butter him up a little. Nothing like a bit of ego stroking to lull a guy into a false sense of security.

---------------------

Sat, 19 Feb 2005

Dear Cyril,

How are you today, my brother? Thank you for your kind, supportive and understanding email. I can tell that you have sisters by the sensitive and masterful way you responded to my upset email, and reassured and calmed me. I am sure you have had your sisters come to you
many times for strength, support and advice. I wish that I had had an older brother as I was growing up. I will take your advice and not be upset with the surgeon. He was only doing his job and the little girl definitely needed him more than me!

I was so relieved to receive your email as I was dreadfully upset and worried that this had mucked up everything. I feel much happier now that we can still go ahead as planned and that this setback has not placed the transaction in jeopardy. You are so right when you write that it is not necessary to be upset for God is with us. He is with us and I feel sure that He is guiding us to help each other.

The only thing, Cyril, is that I still feel responsible for this delay and I don�t want my problems to disadvantage you in any way. I know that you will want to be chivalrous and will initially want to refuse my offer but I really must insist � since it is my fault that this has been delayed I will bring the extra money needed to cover the demurrages. I would feel a lot better about if you would let me cover this, and I promise that it is not going to disadvantage me at all. Not only do I have the share of your father�s money that you promised for my help, but Max left me quite a huge amount of money and investments. Together with his life insurance policy this means that I am quite wealthy now. Max�s lawyer said that I will never have to work again if I don�t want to! Imagine that!

I now have an appointment to see my surgeon on Wednesday and on Monday I am going to book my flights to fly out as soon as possible after the appointment. With the time differences between Australia and South Africa this means that I should arrive during the daytime on Wednesday, even though it�s a very long flight and I won�t leave till late morning. I find that quite strange but the travel agent has told that South Africa is something like 11 hours behind Australia in time so even though the flight is quite long it will still be Wednesday! So I guess you should book the hotel for Wednesday night onwards. I would like it if you could send me the scan of the hotel reservation or at least give me the contact details. I may need to talk to them about their facilities, depending on what the surgeon says about what I need for my ongoing rehabilitation.

I have to say Cyril, that I really am feeling much, much better. My face and my jaw feel almost normal again. I can�t wait to get the dressing removed and see how it all looks. Plus I am desperate for some real food and not the squidgy stuff they have been squeezing down my feeding tube since the operation. It feels like the bones are pretty much healed so once the brace is off and I can move my jaw again I am going to eat and eat and eat! Actually, I probably won�t. It has taken me so long to lose all that weight and my body is now looking much slimmer and more attractive. It would be a shame to undo it by having an eating binge!

I can�t wait to see you in person. Will you be meeting me at the airport? I would really like that if you could. I have never traveled so far in my life and it is a little scary. Knowing that there is a familiar and friendly face at the other end will be a huge comfort.

Anyway, it is getting late and I must rest if I want to be well-recovered for the trip. I am sorry this is such a long e-mail. Having sisters you will know that we females do tend to blather on!

God bless!

Your sister, Grace

---------------------

Cyril is lapping up the adulation and giving me much brotherly advice. He's sweet. I think I'll keep him.

---------------------

Sat, 19 Feb 2005

Dear Sister,
I
thank you for your long email and explanation and your understanding.
Well
in my family I am like a father since the death of my father that is
why I
sound more elderly and as the first son you have to guide, direct and
advice your younger ones, because you are just like a father to them.
I am also happy to have a sister like you whom can listen and take my
advice. But I thank God for everything especially his direction at this
period. Each and evertime I read your mail it is like I am reading from
a
blood relative, you sounds so related and all your words do touch me
especially this period that I am stress up, having a sleepless night on
how
this transaction will be perfected, but I thank God so much for hearing
and
answering my prayers because our prayers have been answered, I thank
him for
his healing hands upon you, during the surgery and I thank you also for
understainding me.
Grace you are like a sister to me and like a member of my family,
infact I
have regarded you as someone whom I will be with till the rest of my
life.
You have won my heart through your kind and understanding words. You
will
know me better when you arrive here in south africa and when I fly back
with
you to your country, you will know the Nyerere family. Be assured that
God
is with us, he has healed you, he has been protecting you, and he will
keep
on showering his blessings upon your life. Although It has been a
really
tough time for me since the death of my father but I keep on calling
upon
the name of God that let him not let me down, so he will never let us
down.
Well let me not go further because I don't know how to express my
feelings
to you, regarding what God have done for us, The appointement on
wednesday
will be ok, please do not worry your self. I will make the reservation
on
monday and I will scan the copy to you. As I told you earlier I will
have my
final meeting with the security and finance company on monday so I will
let
you know the outcome. but by the special grace of God the meeting will
be a
success.
I will like you to relax and have a nice and lovely weekend.
Thanks and God protect you.
yours
Cyril.

---------------------

Another busy Sunday so I just send him a brief message to keep him happy.

---------------------

Sun, 20 Feb 2005

My dear brother,
Sorry this is such a short message. It has been a very busy day today and I am quite exhausted. I just wanted to let you know I received your last email and say thank you for all that you said. I really feel like I know you so well as my brother, and my heart aches for the troubles you have suffered. Know that God is beside you and will not let you fall.
I will reply more fully tomorrow.
With great affection,
Your sister in Christ, Grace

---------------------

Pay special attention to the bits in bold! We are in the final countdown. Grace is due to fly out on Wednesday after her sugeons appointment. But little does Cyril know (as he sits there counting his money) that this is the final email he will be receiving.

---------------------

Mon, 21 Feb 2005

My dear Cyril,

The first part of your email filled my heart with tears for the terrible situation you have found yourself in since your father died. It seems such a terrible shame that you had to stop your education and come to be a father for your own siblings when you are so young yourself. Do you regret losing your freedom in this way or are you resigned to God's will for you?

I am so sure that your father must be watching you from heaven with such pride. But I imagine that his pride in your maturity and achievements must be mixed with a great deal of sadness that things have been so difficult for you and your family since his death. I am sure that he never intended it to be so difficult for you to access his money, and he would not have wanted to see you losing sleep over it! I hope that you have been able to manage, and have not fallen into hardship.

Cyril, I am so grateful for your email. It came like a ray of sunshine and hope at such a difficult time in my life. At first it simply gave me something else to think about but now I really feel like I have been given a new family, with you as my brother. I really appreciate and cherish your emails. Today I reread them all again. I am so excited to think that you will be coming to live in my country and I look forward to our friendship growing and deepening.

I am especially looking forward to meeting your mother. She must be so grateful for you. You have been a rock and foundation to her and the rest of your family at what must have been the worst time of her life. I know that she has suffered and I am so looking forward to doing what I can to assist her in making a new beginning here in my country - our country soon!

But most of all I am looking forward to finally meeting you in the flesh. After so many emails I feel like I have known you forever but we have never been in the same room together! Its funny isn't it? I was really upset again yesterday at about the time that I was meant to flying out.If things had been different I could have been in South Africa with you already. Instead I am still here. I am so impatient to see you that I could almost have got on the plane as I am. Except that with the bandages and jaw brace I would have scared all the passengers, not to mention set off all the security gates! Smile

But I promise you, Cyril, I will come as soon as I am able. The moment I get clearance from my surgeon I will be on my way to the airport. I can't bear to think of you having sleepless nights worrying about everything when I can help - that's what family is for, isn't it!

Don't worry. We will get it all sorted out. Remember God is with us!

I had the most lovely surprise yesterday. Susie, the nurse who was on duty over the weekend, has been so sweet to me. She is just like me in so many ways, 32 years old, just married, trying to lose weight! We even go to the same church! She has felt so sorry for me that yesterday she organised a party for me!

At about 11am I was resting in the informal lounge. I had spent the morning getting my bags packed and ready and figuring out the best way to transport all the cash I am bringing so that it won't get stolen, so I was feeling a bit tired but mostly bored. Anyway, the door rang and in came a whole heap of ladies from church! Susie had told them how sad and lonely I had been so they decided to give me a treat!

One was a manicurist and so she did my nails, another used to be a hairdresser before she had kids, so she coloured and styled my hair and showed me how to brush it over to hide the scars, a couple more work as shop assistants so they had bought me a whole heap of lovely outfits to try on. Another gave me a whole lot of make-up and told me how to apply it once the bandages are off on Wednesday. They gave me a massage and fussed over till I looked fabulous (all except my face of course).

Then when they had finished we sat and watched chick-flicks (romance movies etc) for the rest of the afternoon. Susie opened up a couple of bottles from my husband's wine collection and everyone had a drink.

By 6pm I was exhuasted but very happy - that is why I couldn't send you a long email. I slept so well last night! It was a lovely afternoon and I am so grateful to Susie for organising it.

Anyway, I must go and have my bath. I look forward to hearing from you tomorrow! Just one more full day till my doctors appointment and then I am on my way to see you!

I'll send you my new itinerary tomorrow morning. Could you send me through the hotel details?

Yours affectionately,

Grace

---------------------

Later I get another email from him which I ignore.

---------------------

My dearest Sister,
Greetings!!!
I receive your mail and the contents well understood, I thank you for
your
lenghty mail and for your understanding, I must admit that I have gone
through some stresses but that will be over by this week, by the
special
grace of God.
I have done the reservation and below is the attached copy, well every
arrangement have been made and I have finalise with the security
company.
Well After a long meeting with them, I ended up terminating my contract
with
them, I have terminated my contract with them, so the security and
finace
company will deliver the consignment depending on us. But there is a
littile
problem now, after the termination of my contract with them , the
manager
draw my attention to the financial department , the financial depatment
made
me to understand the total amount to be paid before the consignment
will be
delivered, so there is an outstanding bill to be paid, which
accumulates to
a total of $14,500 usd, this includes monthly bills, dumurage, delivery
charges. According to the agreement, this money has to be paid before
they
can deliver the consignment. So after discussing with my mother she
said I
should let you know if you can be able to assist us in paying this
dumurage.
Grace I know you have tried alot regarding this transaction, your mails
do
give me courage and hope that everything will be alright.
Sister, It is not that we did not come with money when we arrive here
in
south africa, but it is from the cash we were having that we use to
take
care of my younger ones, whom are schooling abroad, it is also from it
that
we use to take care of ourself, running our day to day activities, so
we are
really in short of money, and that is why I want this money to be
transfered
for onward investment. so please do it for me and my mother.
I want you to know that this money will be refunded back to you
immedately
the consignment is being released. so do let me know if you could be
able to
come with the money , or I should stress myself by looking for how
much I
could raise, so please this is a cry for help.
I will like you to have accurate records of all the expenses you have
done
on the course of this transaction, for all the money will be refunded
back
to you from the 10% mapped out for the expenses, the money have to be
refunded back to you, before sharing the money.
I will like you to send the flight schudles, for me to know the time we
will
wait for you in the airport(me and the female banker) .for the
confidential
nature of this transaction you can be contacting me on my private
mobile
telephone number +27 83 529 xxx, any time. but when you arrive here
you
will dial it locally it will be 083 529 xxx.
Grace I can't wait to see you, seeing you will be like seeing my sister
when
they arrive for holidays, it will be a thing of joy. please I am
counting on
you, do not let me down .
When I wake up this morning, I prayed to God, I told him that this is
the
final stage of this transaction, that I want my meeting with the
security
and finance company to be a success, and he answered me by making the
meeting a succesfully one, I also prayed over your appointement with
the
surgeon, that even if the surgeon is busy ,he must make out time for
you,
to remove the bandages and for your coming to south africa must be a
thing
of joy to both famliy and for him to guide and direct us untill we
finish
this transaction, and I beleive he will do that for he is with us.
Thanks and God be with you,
Yours
cyril.

---------------------

Now all our modalities are in place except for the one small fact of the mysterious disappearance of Rian. Egyptkah was meant to make a 10pm (Jo'burg time) phone call to say she had an early appointment and was getting on the plane now. Of course, any useful information would be covered by airplane noises and she would get cut off.

Unfortunately we missed this humerous oppertunity as I could not confirm the sting with Rian. After lots of stress and increasingly desperate emails and pm's to Rian and anyone I thought might be able to help me, I finally get a contact number and am able to speak to him.

The problem is that I am not used to the South African accent and we had a really bad line so not much useful information was conveyed. He did take a few moments from fighting the bad guys to download my emails afterwards and we confirmed the time and venue of the sting.

Time to unleash Egyptkah on him!

In her own words:
Quote:
I gotta tell you what happened though, I went to make the call, and sipphone would not work! I had to make it at a certain time, and the time came, and I was freaking out, swearing, wondering what the heck I was going to do now. Then, I tried it again, five minutes later, and it worked. PHEW.

I had to make it sound like I was nervous for the character but I actually felt ok making the call. It wasn't until I got off the phone that I discovered my palms were sweating and I was shaking! That has never happened to me before. Then, the waiting.. and waiting.. it was the longest 24 hours of my life, and I know it was even worse for Kat.

Here is the link to the audio.

The sting was scheduled for 1pm at the Intercontinential Hotel at the airport. The idea was that I came in a day early and took myself off to the cocktail bar at the airport hotel where I called Cyril to come and get me - thus no airport meets! As you can tell we had him thoroughly off balance!

With the sting being at 1pm (Jo'burg time) it was actually midnight my time. So I was up till wayyyyy after 2pm waiting and waiting and waiting. I listened to the audio at about 1:30am and it had me sweating blood! he goes from thoroughly confused, to suspicious, to eating out of EK's hands. Phew! Good job EK. I guess you can never 'Baby' them too much! Laughing

In the end I figured that there was absolutely nothing I could do and I should leave it in Rian's capable hands and go to bed! So I did.

The next morning there was nothing. In the end I cracked and phoned Rian. He was at the station booking two scammers they had picked up at the hotel! WOOOHOOOO!!!! Poor guy - it was a late night for him!

So by that night I was totally stuffed. I went to bed and slept the sleep of the righteous. While I was sleeping Rian came on line and broke the news of the arrests and so by the time I got up, Splodge, Egyptkah and I had won the right to decorate ourselves with pretty shiny badges!

There is more to the story (isn't there always) but I'll save that for another time!

---------------------

The Cheshire Cat's 'What I learned from this Bait'

Baiting for an arrest is time consuming and emotionally exhausting. You invest a huge amount in it and only a few of the traps result in successful arrests. There are a number of members on the board who have put together brilliant baits that just haven't delivered the results they deserve. Scammers are getting more suspicious to the point that real victims are getting stood up at the airport.

Also, Rian is inundated with requests for traps and is working with a very small amount of resources. Have lots of plausible delay tactics because something may come up and Rian won't be able to get in touch or his team will have other commitments.

Finally, book Rian's team well in advance - at least 3 weeks - and sort out all your modalities then (venue, time etc). You may not have the chance to later.

419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow, great story! Now this is ultimate baiting, you can't beat an ending where a scum like that gets busted! Congrats!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic