SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Baiting a scamer off ebay

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
laminge

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Guys

Been playing with a scammer who was trying to sell a 70,000 car for 9000

He claims to be in Italy and me , im in australia

I need to get him going re sending funds and he wants me to confirm stuff with Square Trade

Any suggestings would be appreciated, even a way to fake up a Western Union Receipt

Me Red... and sorry emails in reverse order so start from bottom

David

Everytime I try to login to the square trade side I get an error message

Can you help me?

Do you have another email at square trade or a contact?

Help

Gary

Hi Gary,

Please send to Square Trade the following details from the receipt:
--MTCN (money transfer control number)
--Sender name (your name)
--Reciver name(my name)
--Exact amount wired:.....$
As soon I'll have the confirmation from them that the funds are available I'll ship the car to your location.
Thank you and best regards.David

What do I send to square trade?

What numbers as the teller at the office only gave me a receipt for confirmation of transfer to the WU office as indicated on your emails

Gary

Hello Gary,

If you made the payment please send the detail to Square Trade so they can verify the transfer.
My name and address are,
David Blake,Via Principe Amedeo 293,Rome,00189,Italy.
I'm sorry to let you know that I have problems with my phone line and I can't send or receive any calls. We will have to make the deal via e-mail.
Thank you and have a nice day,David

Hello David

I went to Australia Post here in Melbourne Today, damm hot day too.

I have made a payment as requested for AUD9000.00, as I managed to find out that the numbers you quoted me hadn�t been reported stolen or degregistered

Please give me your phone number and contact details again, as I will fell a little more secure withy that knowledge

Regards

Gary

Hello Gary,

I'm sorry for the late reply but I found your mail in the bulk folder.
The car is still available and is already crated at lufthansa air cargo and ready to be shipped.I'll start the shipping at soon I'll have the confirmation from Square Trade that someone made the payment and the funde are available.
The reg plate# is SWP 008 and chasie # 31923.
Please contact me with your decision asap.

David

Whats going on?

I sent you an email 2 days ago and haven�t heard a reply?

Have you sold the car on me to someone else?

I spent hours looking for a western union office in Australia to be able to send these funds

But I wont until I get more details on the car

Gary

Hello Gary,

To arrange the payment, you must go in person to a Western Union office and send the money from your name and address to my name and address.After thet you send a fax or a e-mail to Square Trade with the payment detail,sender(name and address),reciver(name and address),MTCN,amount.At soon I'll have the confirmation from Square Trade that you made the payment I'll ship the car to your location.In this way I can't take the money until you receive and inspect the car. If you don't like it... or if you find something wrong (this is not the case) you can tell Square Trade and will not give me the payment details.
Please contact me with your decision asap.
Thank you and best regards,David

David I don�t understand

How am I going to send the money to you?

Do you want a Cheque? Or direct transfer through Western Union

Can you scan in the registration papers of the Car?

Do you have anymore pictures?

Gary

Hello Gary,
I spoke with Square Trade and I think they already send you the notifications of the payment to finish this deal with me. If you recive the notifications from them, please make the payment and send the info to Square Trade so they can check the transfer and immediately I will start the shipping to you and after you recive yor car they will provide me the info of the transfer to pick up my money.

Very important! When you'll make the transfer, do NOT tell to Western Union that you are makeing a payment for a purchase over the internet, because they will charge us both and I already support the shipping and insurance costs. Better tell them that you are sending the money for a relative of yours. This way, I think you will even pay lower fees
Thank you and have a nice day,david Blake

That�s good to hear

Gary La Minge
Suite 190 Level 177 Queens Parade
Melbourne Victoria Australia 3000

What about your details?

Gary

fake of course

Hello Gary,

I bought this car from AUand it was rided only within AU. It was registrated in AU and I had all the services done there. The car was never crushed, droped or raced. I took care of it like it was my own baby and now is in the same condition as it was when I bought it - even better!.
The thing is that almost 5 months ago, I made that step - I got married !!! My wife is from Rome Italy and we decided to move there.
I brought the car here in Rome. I wanted to register the car here, but I coud't do that cose is RHD.
The car was keept in the garage and is in perfect condition and the tyres are like new.
Along with the car, I will send you all the documents that I have for the car - the title (wich is issued in AU, is clear of any leins and I have it in hand). Due the fact that the car's title was issued in AU you will have no problem in registering the car and you won't have to pay any custom fees.

Please send me your full name and address in order to prepare the shipping and contact Ebay Square Trade to start the shipping and payment arrengements.
Best Regards,David.
Please contact me with your decision asap

Hi David

I am definitely interested in this car, and am more than interested in buying it from you

Today is Sunday, tomorrow I can arrange for payments to be made but you haven�t sent me any details or where or how to do this

As the car is not being driven, LHD to RHD rules, is it being stored on the car tyres or has it been raised off the ground?

I have the next few days off work as I have been planning to buy a car for awhile, but if you could give me more details I can get things rolling

Gary

Mod edit - I have removed identifying email addresses -BBV
Sent: Sunday, 23 January 2005 10:20 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Question for item #4521792108 - 2003 FORD FALCON BA XR8

Hello ,
First you have to know that the car is 100% working and looking AMAZING, no flaws or dents, no scratches or any kind of damage,no flood or wrecked and it has a clear title,no engine problems,the interior looks great.
The car is still available and ready to be shipped.The price for car is $9.000AU. You should know that now I'm in Rome Italy and that's the reason that I sell'it so cheap because I have problem registered the car here.If I want to have it registered have to start an individual procedure for the vehicle through the Government, pass several technical tests and make a lot of changes to the car which are expensive they told me and I can sell it here because is RHD and we need LHD.
Shipping will be done via Lufthansa Air Cargo from Rome, Italy (where I live) and I will support the shipping cost. When I will ship it, I will arrange for all the dutyes and that why you will not pay any customs when you will receive it and for this it will be delivered directly to your address. As soon as I have your firm decision that you want to buy, I will take the car to Lufthansa air cargo and pay all the taxes for the shipping including the insurance and the custom fees. Along with the car, I will send you all the documents that I have for the car - the title (wich is issued in AU, is clear of any leins and I have it in hand). Due the fact that the car's title was issued in AU you will have no problem in registering the car and you won't have to pay any custom fees.
If you are still interested please let me know.Please replay asap.
PS.We will use in this deal Square Trade so I'll need your full name and address in order to contact them and start the deal
mechanix
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Are you absolutely cetain he is a scammer? I am a member of square trade and know what all they do and take steps to handle to prevent fraud. I'd check the seller out with square trade before you go to burning him...he just might be legit.

Not knowing the sale, I can't look and see if it is. But you can contact Square Trade about him with his information. If he is legit, he will provide you the info they ask you for.
feedme

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

AU9000 including shipping, all duties and delivery to address in Aus? Dosn't leave much for the car does it? Also 'never crushed, droped or raced.'whiffs just a bit. Just how big a model car is this?
trashcansinatra

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi,
Just came back to the uk after living in Rome for two years. That address, although I don't know it exactly is in a very dodgy part of town by Termini station. Most of the shops are dodgy internet cafes and mail holding centres, as well as dodgy b&b's....
Dj Tricky
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah it's a scam - quite a few high performance cars have been popping up with rediculous prices especially on aussie ebay. Although if I could buy a decent series 6 or 7 rx7 for 8 grand I'd take two Very Happy

Not sure how it works, but I'm guessing they slug you for transport costs and then dissapear...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic