SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Get paid for participating in survey scam

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Eluder
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My honeypot email boxes are regularly get hit with "get paid for participating in survey" type of scam (mostly in Russian).

The essence of the scam is akin to advance fee fraud: once the victim participates in "survey", they are offered to pay "processing fee" to get paid the "award". As far as I know, the fees can be multiple - if the victim is milked easily, there can be dozens of small fees before the scam artists disappear into thin air.

Attempts to report to law enforcement agencies all failed so far: the scam is operating out of foreign hosting platforms, it's not possible to get even part of personal data (scam sites operate for 2-3 weeks only). Unless FBI or agency of similar scale gets involved, along with Interpol/whatever, it's not possible to actually seize the scammers. Obviously, such agencies won't care.

Question, apart of publishing the fake survey sites with appropriate warnings, are there ways to at least shut them down quickly?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm not familiar with the specific scam you mention, though I have seen links to fake surveys as popups on phone browsers... I'm guessing that, had I ever clicked on one, it might have led to the type of site you describe. If they're operating on hosted domains, then reporting the site is probably your best bet.

It sounds like the type of 419 scam this might be closest to is a sweepstakes / lottery scam.

Golden Pith Safari x2 Tattoo x6 Sand Timer x2 Vcamera Acra>Sngpre Acra>Dkr>Rsso>Bmko>Kpndo>Ctnu -Team Woody
Safari Sand Timer Akure>Kano -Amos
Safari x8 Sand Timer x2 Vcamera Owerri>Maiduguri>Owerri>Lagos>Lomé>Bmko>Kolokani Bmko>Nioro>Bmko>Timbuktu>Bmko>Youri Bmko>Mauritania>Kidira>Dakar>Jail -Team Godwin
Safari 's - assorted West Africa safaris, Cyril w/ Spindrift, France-Dublin w/ DSW
Easter 2015 Mortar Closed lad accounts Jack Boot Whip Whip Vcamera Mc Fry Goat Santa Flying Monkey
Eluder
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So far, I had no luck shutting them down by reporting to hosters, but well, there are few legitimate means available. I will continue to enlist those into blacklist and report to hosters.

Thanks.

**Spammer**

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's not necessarily scam, you know, these surveys(but only from official sites) are ok, not scam. I personally gained money from these surveys. The whole point is in finding a reliable site with high ranking and trustworthy reviews.
bware419ers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater. Please don't necro old threads. There is additional information regarding this in our Guidelines, conveniently located at the top of each page.

Golden Pig Vcamera Closed lad accounts X 7035
The Church of the Old Gods Sand Timer Safari X 17 Tattoo
Goat Mortar Flying Monkey Mc Fry Jack Boot Easter 2015 Santa Whip

Black Ribbon "FFS." - Capone
Black Ribbon - Toomuchfun
Black Ribbon - Irishemigrant
"I started to read it but got bored after the first couple of sentences." - SOOI
"Remind me not to get on your bad side." - jose_cuervo
isreal5
**Spammer**

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Most of these surveys are scams though; Am yet to see a legit survey system.

If you any please reach me through the link below;
<snipped - bw>
Claus Shaeve
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ Reported.

"And please stop telling everybody that you want to receive money because of eye brows, envy and jealousy, until you receive your money in your account, then you can tell them" ~ Kelly Craft, US Ambassador to the UN (probably)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic