SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Do you think this site needs a rethink?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Merv48
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 8:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi All,

I logged on again today after many years away from this site (I can't believe I remembered my credentials). I had great fun here over the years (I loved baiting orphanage scammers in particular) but the site now looks very, very dated.

Would anybody be interested in discussing how we could bring this site (and partner sites) into the 21st century? I expect this would require an assesment of the data held as well as the user interface - at the very least.

If you think this is worth discussing please send me a PM on this site.

Kind Regards,

Merv
MrMystery314
Djinn and Tonic

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 8:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I’d think a public discussion would be more appropriate, personally. I would make the point that clearly other places that should not be named are doing something differently to maintain an active and frenetic user base, and that something similar could easily be adapted for our own purposes.

"ALL THE SAME NOT AN UNGRATEFUL BITCH"-Mr. Humphere
"Bro i have seen hell"-Mr. Humphere
"Also i know how inquisitive all this press can be, i hope the picture of the goat fucking me is not on news or news paper"-Mr. Humphere
"GO TO HELL JUSTIN for having played with me all these while, what the fuck is wrong with you you are such as an asshole"-Charles J Colocino JR
"I will tell you I'm a computer illiterate I know more than you" - Eric Marshall
Hello! ~Kitty Wink
Linoline
Dume Dutch Bag

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 9:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The idea is nice, but we have to keep in mind that the people making all this possible are volunteers and do this in their spare time. Overhauling a forum is a lot of work and there might be costs involved.

My Collection of lad frustration

"I never taught you to be evil. But carry on" - Oscarpiles
"You are diabolically evil...." - Sparky905
"It really sucks to be a scamming lad around Linoline." Conny L. Gus
"You put money in the parcel now am suffering you are not helping" Sven
"You put me through this with all the bastard you called your client" Daniboy
"I know you wanna bring me to Netherlands so you will suck my blood and eat my flesh" - Calimero
Padme

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 10:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Merv48 Welcome back. As you have been away for "many years" maybe start a bit slower, like by contributing? Perhaps bait or help other members with their baits?

Soliciting members via PM for their input on how to overhaul websites when you yourself have not been around here for years is not likely to be met with enthusiasm. That said, it's great you are back and look forward to seeing your posts, baits, etc.

MrMystery wrote:
I would make the point that clearly other places that should not be named are doing something differently to maintain an active and frenetic user base, and that something similar could easily be adapted for our own purposes.

I'm sure there are many wonderful sites doing many wonderful things. I'm not saying that you mean to lead a discussion toward those sites, either here of via PM "oh, gee, what site, what are they doing??" because that would be trollish and I'm sure that's not your intention.

Golden Pith Safari x2 Tattoo x6 Sand Timer x2 Vcamera Acra>Sngpre Acra>Dkr>Rsso>Bmko>Kpndo>Ctnu -Team Woody
Safari Sand Timer Akure>Kano -Amos
Safari x8 Sand Timer x2 Vcamera Owerri>Maiduguri>Owerri>Lagos>Lomé>Bmko>Kolokani Bmko>Nioro>Bmko>Timbuktu>Bmko>Youri Bmko>Mauritania>Kidira>Dakar>Jail -Team Godwin
Safari 's - assorted West Africa safaris, Cyril w/ Spindrift, France-Dublin w/ DSW
Easter 2015 Mortar Closed lad accounts Jack Boot Whip Whip Vcamera Mc Fry Goat Santa Flying Monkey
MrMystery314
Djinn and Tonic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I personally have no first-hand knowledge of these places beyond assuming that they exist; out the hundreds of thousands of people who watched someone's -PadmeTED Talk, I'd be surprised if all who were interested in scambaiting ended up here. Speaking of him, I wonder if he still does any scambaiting, or if he's moved onto other endeavors. Back to the topic at hand, or a minor diversion at worst, I doubt there are too many interested in our sort of scambaiting who are scared off by the aesthetic. Most would be scared off by other factors, such as perceived barrier of entry. Could we have some sort of narrated PowerPoint slides (done voice only for security unless someone wishes to put themselves out there) explaining in almost a TED Talk style fashion what we do and how we do it? Many people have quite short attention spans as far as reading pages of forum. I can easily link unrelated TED Talks or other presentations if people are interested and cannot find them themselves. As for "oh, gee, what are other people doing?," if they exist, I'm sure they aren't doing that, and thus we'd be better than them because of it. It clearly worked for someone -Padme

"ALL THE SAME NOT AN UNGRATEFUL BITCH"-Mr. Humphere
"Bro i have seen hell"-Mr. Humphere
"Also i know how inquisitive all this press can be, i hope the picture of the goat fucking me is not on news or news paper"-Mr. Humphere
"GO TO HELL JUSTIN for having played with me all these while, what the fuck is wrong with you you are such as an asshole"-Charles J Colocino JR
"I will tell you I'm a computer illiterate I know more than you" - Eric Marshall
Hello! ~Kitty Wink
Padme

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

MrMystery314 wrote:
I would make the point that clearly other places that should not be named are doing something differently to maintain an active and frenetic user base, and that something similar could easily be adapted for our own purposes.

MrMystery314 wrote:
I personally have no first-hand knowledge of these places beyond assuming that they exist;

If you want to create a youtube for yourself where you make power point presentations, knock yourself out. If you spam links to a bunch of youtube videos, especially monetized channels, which goes against our forum rules, they will be deleted.

I know we've all been on lockdown to one degree or another for months, but can we stick to baiting the lads and not each other?

Locking

Golden Pith Safari x2 Tattoo x6 Sand Timer x2 Vcamera Acra>Sngpre Acra>Dkr>Rsso>Bmko>Kpndo>Ctnu -Team Woody
Safari Sand Timer Akure>Kano -Amos
Safari x8 Sand Timer x2 Vcamera Owerri>Maiduguri>Owerri>Lagos>Lomé>Bmko>Kolokani Bmko>Nioro>Bmko>Timbuktu>Bmko>Youri Bmko>Mauritania>Kidira>Dakar>Jail -Team Godwin
Safari 's - assorted West Africa safaris, Cyril w/ Spindrift, France-Dublin w/ DSW
Easter 2015 Mortar Closed lad accounts Jack Boot Whip Whip Vcamera Mc Fry Goat Santa Flying Monkey
bware419ers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Merv48 wrote:
Would anybody be interested in discussing how we could bring this site (and partner sites) into the 21st century?

Welcome back, Merv48. I remember you.

Just a thought...perhaps the site owner (Rover) should be included in this conversation. It seems odd he's been overlooked. Rover subsidizes 419Eater.com (trust me, Premium memberships do not cover the expenses), so leaving him out of the conversation certainly seems...oh, I'll let you fill in the blank, but I certainly would feel uncomfortable walking into someone's house and telling them their drapes look unstylish, nor would I compare them to a stylized showroom, made up, polished, and put together for the sole purpose of making money or garnering sales.

That said, and look for an announcement this week, the Mod Team has been working on a New Eater. It's been a difficult task as we have all been navigating through unique paths. The site will be different and there will be some adapting that needs to be done, by everybody.

Golden Pig Vcamera Closed lad accounts X 7035
The Church of the Old Gods Sand Timer Safari X 17 Tattoo
Goat Mortar Flying Monkey Mc Fry Jack Boot Easter 2015 Santa Whip

Black Ribbon "FFS." - Capone
Black Ribbon - Toomuchfun
Black Ribbon - Irishemigrant
"I started to read it but got bored after the first couple of sentences." - SOOI
"Remind me not to get on your bad side." - jose_cuervo
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic