SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

419 movie to watch if you are stuck at home - The New PWT

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
bikeatl77
** WARNED **

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My cable provider is Comcast and they're offering free limited time "sneak previews" of many premium channels to help customers find new things to watch while they shelter in place. Definitely take advantage of this if you have Comcast Xfinity service.

One such preview is the "Gravitas Movies" channel that is free until May 25th. Yesterday I was sifting though the ~450 movies there and noticed a movie simply titled "419". I went to YouTube and watched the trailer. The basic premise is that a South African scammer took a Westerner for a nice little 419 ride and managed to steal a substantial amount of money from him. Apparently the victim felt that he had enough of the lad's real life info and wanted to make a documentary of him going to South Africa to confront the scammer. Based on the trailer things took a massive turn for the worse in terms of the victim.

Fortunately, I found out that anyone can watch it for free via an ad supported streaming platform called Tubi TV. Given that anyone can use Tubi I figured that I would share the links here on Eater. I checked with bware419ers if this was OK and got the green light. Links to the trailer and full movie are below. I'm in the US and don't know if Tubi puts access restrictions on content for the rest of the world like Netflix does.

TL:DR: If you have Comcast take advantage of all the free stuff available. I found a movie called "419" about a victim confronting the lad in person. The link to the movie is below. This "documentary" is actually a reenactment inspired by true events. NEVER CONFRONT YOUR LADS IN PERSON...EVER!

Link to Full Movie
https://tubitv.com/movies/289601/419

Link to Trailer:
https://youtu.be/GRFx6a1HGDY
TheDane
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Not available in the EU.

Sand Timer T.W.A.T Santa Safari Lagos-Ouagadougou-Arbinda Safari Warri-Yaoundé

I AM A FOOL AND I AM SO DISAPPOINTED - Brother Okei AKA Goat Milk Lad
I do not wish my enemy what I have experienced and this humiliation you are putting me through - Rushforth (on behalf of Dharma & Dr Mike)
dr stephen williams
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The preview looks horrific.

Golden Pith x2 Safari x7 Tattoo x7 Closed lad accounts Mortar Vcamera Sand Timer x6 Team Turd Lgs-Dla Bnn-Lbra Acra-Dkar Dkr-Bnjul- Dkr-Tmbktu-Abche-Adre-N'djmna Lgos-Cairo-Aswn-Jail Ctnu-Lgos Ctnu-acra Lgos-Jbrg-Drbn-Prt-Elzbth-CT-Sprngbk-CT-Drbn-CT-Hrre-Lska-DsSlm-Mmbsa-Nirbi-Kmpla 28,510 Miles
Golden Pith Safari x2 Tattoo x6 Vcamera Sand Timer x4 Team Woody Acra-Sngpre Acra-Dkr-Rsso-Bmko Acra-Ctnu
Safari Lgos-Dkr-Rsso Sand Timer Vcamera (wKLG)
Safari x22 SS Sand Timer x3 United Kingdom United States Nigeria x303 : Closed lad accounts pyramid Mortar
Nurse Nastys Audi TTpony Whip Mc Fry Jack Boot
bikeatl77
** WARNED **

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

TheDane wrote:
Not available in the EU.

I wish I had the power to change that TheDane but I am not surprised. For those reading this thread that can access the movie I do recommend that you watch it now. Tubi is owned by a private company that makes short term deals with studios/networks. Content bounces in and out of that platform very quickly. The movie is several years old so it is likely to be bundled with a bunch of other movies that get traded in bulk by the owners to whomever is willing to pay for the rights to play it it on their own platforms later.

My cable package includes just about every channel known to man and Comcast works with many 3rd parties to host their content using apps built into the XFINITY ecosphere. Tubi, Amazon Prime, Netflix, Hulu, and Pluto content can be viewed through the same cable box. The XFINITY service allows you to browse and watch content from all of those 3rd parties as well. It's great because you can search for content via X1 which has visibility to whatever is available to watch from those other 3rd parties. BTW...this isn't a plug. I hate Comcast with every fiber of my being but I don't have many other choices so I make due. Unfortunately, if I mark a movie as being "watched" that designation will often default to "unwatched" if the movie changes hands from one distributor to another. It sucks because everyday I usually have to reclassify many movies as being "unwatched" back to "watched". 1st world problems I guess.The plus side is that it really does provide insight into the content delivery business. Content exchanges hands more often than you may think. Everyday bundles of movies move from one channel to another. I only notice because the losers keep wiping my "watched" history...idiots.

Long story short is to watch this "419" movie now on Tubi while it is still there if you are able to access it. God only knows when it will exit the service and show up somewhere else where you are forced to be a paying subscriber.

And yes, the trailer is scary. Unfortunately, there are a handful of documented cases of victims travelling to their "fiancees" in Africa or wherever that ended up being murdered by lads in the end. There is a lot of humor to be had in pursuing this hobby but it can be very easy to forget that many of these lads wouldn't hesitate for a second to murder you if you don't give them what they want (money). Eater stresses safe baiting for a reason and the rules here were developed over many years of experience. A girl in the movie trailer asked one of the revenge seeking male victims what they actually intended to achieve by confronting the lad face to face. The overconfident male victim replied that the pics from the lad showed that he was scrawny and couldn't overpower him in a confrontation. A chilling quote from him when the wife further questioned him about what he expected to achieve by finding the lad he said "baby, this isn't the movie 'Blood Diamond'...nothing bad will happen".....riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Later you see that guns became a factor. Even a toddler armed to the teeth with guns could potentially kill you if you get too close. Don't do it. You may think you have a grasp on your lad's internal thinking processes but you really don't. People do stupid shit when it involves money. The last thing you need is to pay a ton of money to go to a lad to "teach him a lesson" only to end up waking up in a tub full of ice and a burner phone next to you so you can call the police about the theft of your kidneys...or worse. Who are we kidding? A true lad would never leave a burner phone next to you. Ice costs a lot. Chances are they would just take your liver, lungs, and heart while they were at it and leave your hollow corpse there for someone else to deal with. Gruesome yes but not unrealistic.

Most murders aren't committed by smart people. I just watched a crime documentary about a rich surban housewife in Michigan that bought a hatchet at Home Depot to kill her husband with. She suceeded in killing him and was an avid coupon clipper. Dumb bitch actually went back to the same Home Depot to receive a $2 "price adjustment" that she found via a coupon in that weekend's newspaper and she wanted it to be refunded to her credit card. Seriously, THAT was the main thing that got her convicted. More often than not killings are carried out by very simple people that simply just snap and do horrible things as a matter of reflex. NEVER attempt to interact with these neanderthals face to face. It's just not worth it. This is the same line of thinking as to why Eater stresses that ITP be avoided in your baits. Best these losers hop on a urine stained bus to some far off land to collect their "well deserved" riches and get perma-stuck there so they are unable to commit more crimes. Twisted Evil
Padme

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

bikeatl77 wrote:
BTW...this isn't a plug.

Are you sure? One more post like this and I'm searching for your name in the Tubi employee directory. Laughing

That movie looks baaaaaad. And I say that as someone who enjoys:
any 419-related entertainment material
cheezy nollywood / za crime flicks/soaps
reality tv

That is to say, my standards are not high when it comes to quarantine TV and I'm giving this a hard pass.

Anyone who wants to see a good reminder about not traveling to visit your scammer just google Jette Jacobs. 60 minutes Australia did a good feature on her sometime back. It's on youtube and you don't even need Tubi to see it. Wink

Golden Pith Safari x2 Tattoo x6 Sand Timer x2 Vcamera Acra>Sngpre Acra>Dkr>Rsso>Bmko>Kpndo>Ctnu -Team Woody
Safari Sand Timer Akure>Kano -Amos
Safari x8 Sand Timer x2 Vcamera Owerri>Maiduguri>Owerri>Lagos>Lomé>Bmko>Kolokani Bmko>Nioro>Bmko>Timbuktu>Bmko>Youri Bmko>Mauritania>Kidira>Dakar>Jail -Team Godwin
Safari 's - assorted West Africa safaris, Cyril w/ Spindrift, France-Dublin w/ DSW
Easter 2015 Mortar Closed lad accounts Jack Boot Whip Whip Vcamera Mc Fry Goat Santa Flying Monkey
bikeatl77
** WARNED **

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ LOL! If anything it would be a thinly veiled plug for Comcast but I hate those bastards. I also despise streaming services that have ads. I gladly pay the $10 fee to Hulu and YouTube to bypass that garbage. I could probably deal with the adverts if the commercials were presented using the same volume setting as the show/movie I'm watching but some Einstein felt it was important to make the commercials as loud as humanly possible. Especially Hulu. With YouTube I think it is ridiculous to force me to watch a 1.5 minute ad in order to watch a 2 minute long video. Longer YouTube videos with multiple ads tend to make you watch the same ad over and over again. No thanks. Upgrading to whatever the f***k Google calls it now gets rid of the ads and lets you run YouTube in the background if you are playing music videos but want to do other things while the songs play. It was called YouTube Red but it's named something else now for whatever reason. Meh.

Tubi does have ads but unfortunately a lot of decent movies wind up there because the owners buy short term broadcasting rights to large bundles of content. It is what it is but they don't stay there very long.

I'll check out the Jette Jacob's recommendation. Another good movie to scare people from travelling is Turistas. If you are in South America always drink bottled beverages and hold the ice...and avoid people that you suspect to be more interested in your vital internal organs vs. your pretty smile. *

*Sponsored by Tubi TV LLC/LLP/LLBean/Inc. All registered trademarks reserved.
oscarpiles
#1 Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^I swear you could write a couple hundred words about a hole in a moccasin.

I do not want to be associated with occult and blood sucking organization,i was told that you are not a man of God but an occult leader with 666 sign. - Elvis
Until thy kingdom hell of stupidity thy come!!! - Sarah
I AM GOING CRAZYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Bobby/Jenny/Jugs/moneyp**
ufffffffffffffffffffffffff - Outlander
F*ck you ass all – Jerry Asshat
i am a good lad i have told u that many times - Kevin the Idiot
You need home training lol - Brian LaLadyBits

Jack Boot Mortar Closed lad accounts Tattoo Sand Timer Vcamera Safari Easter 2015 Easter Egg 2013 Whip Whip
bikeatl77
** WARNED **

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Probably
MrMystery314
Djinn and Tonic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Don sat placidly in his rocking chair, staring at his fireplace with his one good eye, his other one too fogged with its milky film to see anything beyond an old family photo on the mantel. Occasionally he would blink and leave his eyes closed for a few seconds, just enough to see a flash of memory from long ago. Sometime in the past, when the fireflies still came out at night and the wounds of war stung with fresh sorrows, he and Marie sat on the porch and stared at a cloudless sky and saw a meteor arc in a trail of light. He was young then, giddy off the adrenaline rush of a new job, a new wife, and what seemed an endless future, unencumbered by his bad hip and a near century of life. As he sat there in his checkered shirt, drinking a cup of ice water that seemed the best thing in the world, he could not imagine anything but love. Later that night they drove to the theater and saw again Casablanca, which after the war was merely a love story, and when they returned home Don and Marie danced in the pale moonlight without a care in the world.

As much as Don saw every detail, the coarse grass in a Technicolor green that just couldn't be found these days and the fluorescent lights on the city street that today had been carted to storage units and musty basements, the finer edges had been fuzzed into mere sensation. He could do little more than smile at what seemed a brighter past. Ten years after that happiest of days, when Don started to develop a crook in his spine and he and Marie no longer could dance the jitterbug without a bone creaking and stubborn joints refusing to bend with ease, they and their children sat around that same fireplace, this time with a fresher carpet and missing the black-and-white photo of a beautiful woman that had by now been there for fifteen years. Michael Jr., named after Don's gruff father who refused to live beyond the bitterness of his youth, handed Don his birthday present: a pair of moccasins that he believed held Indian magic. Don looked at them carefully, squinting to try and see a promised haze, and put them on without ceremony, and they sat there together watching the orange fire leap about. Michael Jr. believed in magic, and Don dared him to spot sprites of sooty fire that pranced among the blackening log, Michael Jr.'s eyes racing with delight when he thought he saw one. He had to be pulled back from touching the logs himself to try and catch one, which he had hoped could be tucked away in a jar to keep his room light forever.

Don looked down at his moccasins now, the same ones he had saved all those years, seams touched up now and then but still the same leather. A hole had grown on the side over the years that he first noticed thirty years ago, long after Michael Jr. had moved to Los Angeles to pursue a girl and had never rested since then, and when he and Marie could sit together and worry about a future they thought would never happen. Sometimes they would sit together and look for signals in the smoke of the fireplace, and they would giggle about the fairies Michael Jr. (he was no junior then, of course) saw there and under the oak tree in the front yard. And when sentiment struck them, they would put on some of the music that brought back memories, and they bopped their feet together to songs that had once lit America afire. One time when Michael Jr. found reprieve in his globetrotting he came back to visit them and brought a VCR, supposedly the technology of the future; for them, however, it proved another way to experience the past, and he taught them how to play their old films as if they were once again in the movie theater. Don had always fancied himself a fast learner, and he saw no shame in attempting to conjure up the past he had bottled inside himself and vowed never to let go. That night, as they watched Casablanca once more, Don discovered the hole in his moccasin but did not care: he listened to Dooley Wilson croon "As Time Goes By" again and mouthed the words, recalling his own Paris, one of freshly-watered flowers and a sparkling coat of white paint. He remembered his own picnic in the park with champagne on his fifth wedding anniversary, when he and Marie drunk wine and ate sandwiches and joked about the time they met way back when; they finished each other's sentences when they recounted how they were set up by their friends and later that night stole away to the movies, and how Don couldn't help but brag to his buddies the following day how he had fallen in love. And when he was called to fight, he returned to a bouquet of flowers and a hand-written note professing her love.

Even those memories, once fresh buds with scattered dewdrops that had bloomed into another bouquet of roses thrown at their wedding ceremony, were weak now. Somewhere in a photo album in his drawer Don had pressed one of those rose petals inside that wedding night in the hope that sometime in the future it would retain that same joy, but he had been too scared to look for that page in the fear that it would have disintegrated into ephemeral dust. Few tangible mementos of that era remained, but at least Don still had his moccasins, which had seen many nights at the fireside and in front of the TV. He had almost lost them on a trip to Morocco he and Marie took soon after Michael Jr. came back from college and just as soon left again, ostensibly to pay an homage to the movie they saw together on their first date but in reality a desperate swing at reliving those glorious days, those happier days. They sat together on the veranda of the hotel suite admiring the Mediterranean's olive waves sipping lemonade, and for a moment thought they could reclaim the past in their aged hands. Don had a photo framed from then, of Marie in her beach hat waiting for the winds to carry away all her earthly desires, and he looked at it now on the mantel and tried as hard as he could to imagine the taste of that lemonade. Nothing, he thought, could compare to Mediterranean lemons, not even the sweet Meyer lemons Marie grew in the backyard and that he still dutifully watered, just as she instructed him to before she passed.

Don checked the time on his watch, which he was certain was another birthday gift but could not recall the year. Still early, he knew, not even eight o'clock. This is when he and Marie used to turn on the TV and watch a recorded episode of Jeopardy!, or sometimes start a movie that they knew they could finish. He was tempted to call it a night and shuffle back to his room to sleep empty dreams, all to return to his rocking chair the following night again, but the past reached out to him again, the same melodies he once knew and that he would play on the piano to entertain the guests (occasionally he would force his hands to comply and play some ragtime from his old books, and they would sigh in disappointment and play as crisply as they did before), and Don stood up to survey the fireplace, which was now dying down into charcoal. He walked over to the TV room, once the family room, stopping to pour himself a Scotch, and pulled out his messy box of cassettes. After a few seconds of digging he found Casablanca, and he and his moccasins prepared to take a long-delayed trip down memory lane. He imagined himself as Rick, who had the same cheekbones Marie said he did when they first met, sitting in an empty dining room smoking a cigar and willing himself not to remember; Don's mind had other ideas, and as his left foot felt the hole in the side of his moccasin he wished Marie was there to fix it for him, and that his own fundamental things would come back to life and move in the same way the pictures did on the screen. One eye focused on the TV, and one eye looked with its infinite stare through it into that black-and-white world of dances and marches and gunfire and an airplane containing his best friend spiraling into the sea, with that colonel with the pince-nez and perpetual sneer that dismissed his anguish as a learning experience, and that night after the war when he told Marie all the things he had seen and they both cried in their sleep. And beyond that too, Michael Jr's first steps where even Michael Sr. shed tears, Michael Sr.'s funeral where Michael Jr. chafed in his suit and cried for a man he could not understand, and back to that birthday where he was handed those same moccasins he still wore now. They were eternal witnesses to the best of times and the worst of times, a rocky ocean that Don now had to sail alone. When the movie finished, Don cleaned up, brushed his teeth, took off his moccasins and placed them in a pair at the foot of his bed, kissed the photo of Marie on his nightstand good night, turned off the lamp, and went to sleep.

"ALL THE SAME NOT AN UNGRATEFUL BITCH"-Mr. Humphere
"Bro i have seen hell"-Mr. Humphere
"Also i know how inquisitive all this press can be, i hope the picture of the goat fucking me is not on news or news paper"-Mr. Humphere
"GO TO HELL JUSTIN for having played with me all these while, what the fuck is wrong with you you are such as an asshole"-Charles J Colocino JR
"I will tell you I'm a computer illiterate I know more than you" - Eric Marshall
Hello! ~Kitty Wink
bikeatl77
** WARNED **

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Oh stop LOL. I have major ADHD. It is next to impossible for me to hit reply, post something, and then submit in quick succession. I usually hit reply, type a sentence or two, get distracted by a Snickers bar I noticed on the table in the other room, go back to add another sentence or two, get distracted by [insert repeating sequence here], and then hit send.

Where did that come from MrMystery314? I copied a few phrases into Google but got nothing so far. Did you use one of those text generators where you enter keywords and it spits out made up story time fables or fake academic papers?
MrMystery314
Djinn and Tonic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Believe it or not, I spent maybe half an hour to forty-five minutes writing that myself.

"Also i know how inquisitive all this press can be, i hope the picture of the goat fucking me is not on news or news paper"-Mr. Humphere
"GO TO HELL JUSTIN for having played with me all these while, what the fuck is wrong with you you are such as an asshole"-Charles J Colocino JR
"I will tell you I'm a computer illiterate I know more than you" - Eric Marshall
Hello! ~Kitty Wink
bikeatl77
** WARNED **

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ I want to believe you but I'm a bit suspicious. If you really did draft that Great Wall of Words out of thin air just to make a very obscure point then I (kinda) feel obligated to read it given all that (maybe fake) effort you (maybe) put into it. Tell you what...if you send me the digits on the back of a valid and unused $100 iTunes card I will consider doing that. DO NOT PAY EXTRA FOR THE EXTRA SECURITY OPTION* Cool

*My magic 8 ball just told me that I'm about to receive a blurry pic of something square shaped.
MrMystery314
Djinn and Tonic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I swear on whatever honor I have that yes, I did personally write five paragraphs just to make an obscure point. You aren’t obligated to read it, of course, but I certainly would appreciate it, and given how much time I’ve spent reading your walls of text over the last year or so I think you owe me.

Hello! ~Kitty Wink
bikeatl77
** WARNED **

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Fair enough, we have a deal Very Happy
Padme

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We've been on lockdown too long, the baiters are baiting each other. Laughing

Golden Pith Safari x2 Tattoo x6 Sand Timer x2 Vcamera Acra>Sngpre Acra>Dkr>Rsso>Bmko>Kpndo>Ctnu -Team Woody
Safari Sand Timer Akure>Kano -Amos
Safari x8 Sand Timer x2 Vcamera Owerri>Maiduguri>Owerri>Lagos>Lomé>Bmko>Kolokani Bmko>Nioro>Bmko>Timbuktu>Bmko>Youri Bmko>Mauritania>Kidira>Dakar>Jail -Team Godwin
Safari 's - assorted West Africa safaris, Cyril w/ Spindrift, France-Dublin w/ DSW
Easter 2015 Mortar Closed lad accounts Jack Boot Whip Whip Vcamera Mc Fry Goat Santa Flying Monkey
bikeatl77
** WARNED **

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ LOL Laughing Laughing Laughing

Ok, I just finished it. You're a poet. I may be dense or drunk or probably both at this point but I have a question about one thing:

Epic poet wrote:
and missing the black-and-white photo of a beautiful woman that had by now been there for fifteen years.

I get that the man is very old and reminiscing about his past during a time when he was dreaming about a more promising future. The above quote from your 2nd paragraph refers to a flashback to a past memory when the family was sitting around the fireplace many years ago. Back then the picture of his deceased wife that exists there today in present time was not there during the time of the flashback right?

Time travel movies and films that jump back and forth between multiple timelines generally throw me off track. I can't remember the number of times I forced myself to rewatch the movie "Memento" just to make basic sense of it.

While I was reading your tribute a movie titled "The Vanishing of Sidney Hall" was running on my TV in the background. A song from its soundtrack was playing that paired eerily well with your story so I Shazamed it. Normally I'd wait to include it in the GC song game but will probably forget its existence before the right letter combination lets me use it there so I added the link to it below. Ironically that movie is about a successful writer that drives himself into madness. I recommend it actually despite mixed reviews.

Great work! Seriously. Maybe one day you can devise a bait that gets your lads to submit a story for some bogus "Aspiring Authors" contest. You can submit one yourself and let Eater members vote for the best entry. Disguise yours as if it came from a lad. The 1st place prize is a no expenses paid, never care free, whatever the opposite of luxurious is trip to [insert some hellish place that totally sucks here]!

Muzak Link: https://youtu.be/FYO2rKj-7Sg
MrMystery314
Djinn and Tonic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I assumed that photo was of Marie from before the war (hence the black and white), matching up with the rest of the chronology, which Don put up after her death as a reminder of the past. "Now" there would be referring to the present, as the carpet is fresher in the past when the moccasins were given as a gift than in the present when the story begins. I'd like to say that the ambiguity was purposeful, but I wrote this as a single draft without going back to edit afterward.

Your suggestion for a modality and a mention of the greatest hits thread did give me a fun idea for an Eater contest/forum game, maybe picking a weekly prompt and seeing who can write the best short fiction piece on that prompt. The prize would, be of course, fame, maybe an Eater premium membership for whoever wins the most times over the year or something like that. Feel free to join in and write your own few hundred words (although I clocked in at around 1600) on a hole in a moccasin.

Oscarpiles, happy now?

Hello! ~Kitty Wink
bikeatl77
** WARNED **

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It would be refreshing to encourage lads to be more original. Handwriting examples for cash or copying Bible versus to get on that sweet sweet church payroll are great busy work exercises to keep lads away from victims but there is nothing of real substance that the baiter can do with it besides checking to make sure that they aren't cheating by leaving sentences out or to yell at them for not submitting anything...and to tell them that they did it all wrong which serves as the default. I know that Linoline and Birlic have asked for lad's personal interpretation of various Bible verses but most of them suck at it and usually try to pass off a really lazy summary or possibly just copy one of the millions of translations out there on the web already published by theological think tanks.

The prompt idea is interesting. It could be like the lottery except instead of numbers printed on the ping pong balls that come up they have various nouns that the short stories must use at least once in their submission. Maybe the "power ball" is labelled with a noun that designates the overall subject of the story itself. It's like reverse ad libs. Lads have to create the bulk of the story themselves and insert the lottery nouns into it so it make sense versus the other way around.

The grande prize could have a literary theme like an all expenses paid trip to London to view performances at the Shakespeare Globe over by the Tate Modern. Or maybe an all inclusive "around-the-world" famous author's junket that starts there in London and hits Amsterdam to visit the Anne Frank house, birth places of famous Russian authors, Jack London Square in metro San Fran, and the Hemingway House in Key West Florida. A bag of cash would be included of course. No lad with common sense could pass that up. Many will try to plagiarize off course but the slaps that baiters issue for doing so would probably be funny as hell Laughing

ETA: I think I misread your post about the essay contest. At first I assumed that it was for lads versus Eater members. I know for damned sure that we wouldn't be awarding a Premium Membership to a lad. The same contest can be run separately for both groups though. Members win a real prize and lads win a boat load of pain that may feel tangible but is really not. Twisted Evil
Yastreb
Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

MrMystery314 wrote:
Your suggestion for a modality and a mention of the greatest hits thread did give me a fun idea for an Eater contest/forum game, maybe picking a weekly prompt and seeing who can write the best short fiction piece on that prompt.

I'm up for that challenge.

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
TheDane
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

New PWT? Well, lemon curry, then!

Sand Timer T.W.A.T Santa Safari Lagos-Ouagadougou-Arbinda Safari Warri-Yaoundé

I AM A FOOL AND I AM SO DISAPPOINTED - Brother Okei AKA Goat Milk Lad
I do not wish my enemy what I have experienced and this humiliation you are putting me through - Rushforth (on behalf of Dharma & Dr Mike)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic