SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

My name is John, engineer for Maersk Sipping Comp

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Sleekatol
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello everybody,
i found this web site by searching love scams. My mother is talking to this guy, John Something on Facebook/ John Something on Instagram. The've met on Instagram, where my Mom! added him, she liked the picture...
He presented himself in the usual predatory way: working on a ship, delivering goods in Greece, wife and son died 3 jears ago, he is looking for love. It all started on the 22.03, after two weeks, he told her he loved her, he wats to marry and stuff.... my mom did not wat to tell him she loves him back, till a week ago she did. Then they started talking 2 times a day, on hangouts, of course. He send her e-mails too, i google serched one, i got a hit on a site that was presenting scammers letters. He sends her texts at least 2 times a day.
I tried to befriend him on faceboob, he did not accept my friendship. I saw that his followerd were all people fron Gahna, that was very curious to me. Anyway i got very alarmed, when he asked for my moms home adress, to send her a gift. Then i started my reaserch. He sent her his adress too, of a John Something in Maryland, and a mobile number. The number is a non fixed VoIP, based in Maryland....well i started to panick. I reaserched for the real J Something, found him and his wife and a 30 jear old doughter. I did not make kontakt.
Today i saw that he changed something on his profile picture on Facebook, and saw his timeline fotos and mobile updates. It is a african man, young, aparently married...
Well i don't realy know what to do. He's profile is stil there.
I will tell my mom, it makes me sad, because she was happy, because of the pandemic i am stuck in another country and can't go see her.

So i think he is a scammer, i dont have proof, but be carefull.
This is his e-mail adress: john Something@gmail.com
I want to stop him from ruining anyone.

I have pictures, e-mails, texts an poems, if anybody is interested.
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater and let me be the first to say that we regret what happened to your mom. Please tell your mother to block this person from all avenues of contact.

I had to remove the identifying information about your scammer. Our sister site, Scamwarners is a better place to host the information that you say that you have on the scammer.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
bikeatl77
** WARNED **

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome Sleekatol! I'm glad you were able to discover the scam before it got out of hand. It's great that you and your mom can openly talk about this sort of stuff. Some people are embarrassed to admit that they are using the net to talk to potential love interests. Sometimes the scammer will tell you to keep your "love" a secret because he wants the two of you to surprise respective family members when the time is right Rolling Eyes I worry about my Dad with things like this. Not necessarily romance stuff but he always picks up the phone and will talk to anyone at length about literally anything. If I was confident that my dad would never fall for a scam I'd offer his number to Eater members so they could pass it to their lads. Pops would enjoy the conversations and drive lads crazy regaling about the differences between tig, mig, and plasma welding and how awful my mother was to him before the divorce Laughing
mikebush
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So sorry about what happened and good you discovered fast.

I think you should know how these guys operate. I lost money to a dating scam and since then I have decided to join the fight.

I found this website<used for sharing lad tools - bware419ers> useful because it was teaching and at the same time exposing the various types of scams. We will keep the fight going.
shmuckers
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 4:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You should post the info over at Scamwarners. Also, curious myself because I don't remember, but what is the protocol regarding informing the victim of the identity theft about what's going on? OP said he found the actual person who's being impersonated.
B8er
Associate Boomdazzler

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 5:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

shmuckers wrote:
I don't remember, but what is the protocol regarding informing the victim of the identity theft about what's going on?

The protocol is not to try and contact them. There is absolutely nothing they can do to stop scammers using their details or photos, they may well already know that their details are being used and be fed up with people contacting them. And finally, they may even be suspicious of the motives of someone who contacts them.

Safari x 5 Tattoo Golden Pig Easter 2015 Vcamera
United KingdomUnited StatesNigeriaMalaysiaNetherlandsThailandCanadaUnited Arab EmiratesUnited NationsAustraliaSenegalSpainBeninChinaDenmarkGhanaIvory CoastKorean FlagSouth AfricaSwedenBurkina FasoCambodia FlagcameroonGermanyHong KongIndonesiaJapanNew ZealandSwitzerlandTogoTurkeyUkraine x 335 Elite Ninja Team Member Whip 🚽
Cellphone x 4 Closed lad accounts x 1746 x 1904 - Fake cheques: $4,392,620.83
Safari Team Woody - Ghana to Singapore - 11535km
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic