SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Why would a scammer give actual name/bank details?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
LoveReverse419
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I thought scammers used Western Union or something similar. If they give they actual bank account, don't they have to use their real name and subject themselves to being caught?
Logar
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to the Eater.

As far as bank accounts go, most of them don't belong to the real lad. Some are from accomplices working with them. Most are from "mules". Typically mules fall for some email claiming to be from a charity or some business needing someone to process orders or donations. The mule gives the real account information to the lad. The lad uses the account for his victim to send money to.The scam victim transfers the money to the account. The scammer lets the mule keep a small percentage, and keeps the rest. Most mules never realize they are part of a scam. Never give your own bank information to the Lads.
When you get real bank information, report it to one of the Mods (names are in green). After the account is reported, you will actually get a reward! A pink pig in your siggy area!

Also, read the stickies! They are there for a reason.
Never use your real life information!
Bait safe!
Make the Lad work for his abuse!

Kills: United States x2 United Kingdom x2 Netherlands x3 Spain
Click here to support 419Eater.com
Closed lad accounts x142
LoveReverse419
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you for the reply,

Your reply makes sense in regard to the morally reprehensible mules. I am being extremely careful, in using absolutely nothing that can be traced back to me.

And making the lad sweat, as another competitor has been introduced to the fray. I, 'the victim' and being very patient with the scammer, as I know he is under great duress with world events.

Seems kind of a dense lad, as he has made no attempt to bargain with the competitor despite repeated warnings that the money will be sent to the competitor, not himself.

I have not had the 'competitor' write the lad yet; I am afraid my English may be too good!

Will read the sticky notes--thanks
SomethingFishy
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Some lads do have quite decent English skills. Don't let that keep you from a potential dollar chop. In fact they may be more intimidated if they think the chopper is smarter than them.

The chopper doesn't necessarily have to be another lad either, it could be your corrupt banker or one of your relatives seeking to steal your fortune. In those cases your English would not raise an eyebrow.

** WARNED **

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Many money mules don't realize that theIr accounts are being used to facilitate crime. They are told tall tales explaining why the transactions are legal. If the lad(s) are in Africa and they "hire" a mule in the US they will tell the mule that accounts in Africa have low daily deposit maximums or take much longer to process wire transfers or charge excessive fees or the local currency is too unstable to risk keeping deposits there. Lads can give a million excuses as to why they can't use accounts in their own names in their own country. In this example, if the lad prefers to scam Americans and is based in Africa somewhere he knows that his scam may be blown if he asks his victims to wire money to an African bank, hence the need to hire a mule in America with an account there. The lad poses as a bank or government employee depending on the scam and tells the victim to wire money to the mule's US account. The mule wires 90% or whatever rate was agreed upon of that money via MoneyGram or WU to the lad back in Africa. The mule thinks they are working as an independent contractor for a legitimate organization.

As far as worrying that your English is "too good" to pose as a competing lad there is an easy way around that. Just compose an email as the competitor as you normally would to anyone else and use Google translate to convert it to another dialect. I suggest English to Yoruba or Igbo which are Nigerian dialects. Take the translated text and use Translate to recovert it back to English.

I did just that to the paragraph above and this is the result:

"As far as worrying that your English is "too good" to stand up as a competition boy, it's an easy way around that. Just compose an email as a competitor as you would to another and use Google Translate to convert it to another language. I suggest English to English or Igbo which is a Nigerian version. Pick the word translated and use the Translator to revert back to English."

As you can see, Google did a decent job at keeping the structure in place but it's definitely not "good" English anymore. If the result is still too grammatically correct for your liking you can run it through the translator another time or two. Unfortunately, Google Translate doesn't let you convert directly to pidgin which would be perfect. There used to be "lad speak" translators out there but the ones I'm aware of no longer work.

Kudos on implementing a competing lad in your bait. Lads usually scramble to get their grubby mitts on your cash before it gets chopped by a rival. Sad to hear that your lad isn't putting up much of a fight. Some are lazy beyond all belief no matter what you do to them. Good luck!
LoveReverse419
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The scammer wants to talk to me on the phone. I don't know a way to do that completely anonymously, like I have done with email.

it has been made clear to the scammer that his colleague (me, from another address) has the upper hand, as now the head office has instructed me (the 'victim') to pay directly to the other colleague.

I keep asking 'both parties' to talk to each other via email, to resolve the issue, but the dense lad still won't take the bait, no pun intended.

What's next? And are these scammers at the point where they monitor these boards?
Padme

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Regarding writing as a scammer - what nationality is your fake scamming character? And do you know where the actual scammer is based? Regardless of location, if the lad and victim character are communicating in English, then it seems your scammer character could too and if the lad switches to another language or questions your fluency you could reply with "This is why you will never succeed. How can you make money when you can not even write in English properly?"

As for scammers here, monitor is probably a strong word, but lads do occasionally google and find their baits here, so if you end up posting your bait, be sure to change names and unique details. For example if your scammer's alias is Byron change it to Brian.

For a non traceable phone number, there are free services such as textnow, textfree, google voice or paid services such as skype where you can make and receive calls.

Golden Pith Safari x2 Tattoo x6 Sand Timer x2 Vcamera Acra>Sngpre Acra>Dkr>Rsso>Bmko>Kpndo>Ctnu -Team Woody
Safari Sand Timer Akure>Kano -Amos
Safari x8 Sand Timer x2 Vcamera Owerri>Maiduguri>Owerri>Lagos>Lomé>Bmko>Kolokani Bmko>Nioro>Bmko>Timbuktu>Bmko>Youri Bmko>Mauritania>Kidira>Dakar>Jail -Team Godwin
Safari 's - assorted West Africa safaris, Cyril w/ Spindrift, France-Dublin w/ DSW
Easter 2015 Mortar Closed lad accounts Jack Boot Whip Whip Vcamera Mc Fry Goat Santa Flying Monkey
bikeatl77
** WARNED **

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If you really want the lad to talk to your fake scammer persona just tell real lad that you won't talk to him until he sorts things out with your fake lad character. End of story. This is your bait so you call the shots. Provide him the email of your fake scammer if you haven't already and instigate the silent treatment until he complies with your demands. If he is too stupid to do something this basic then drop him and find another lad. Some of these idiots are low level members in a network of thieves and can barely think for themselves. Asking them to go off script to talk to your other baiting characters may require too much brain function activity. Don't take it personal as they are literally too stupid to do anything fun. Hitlads (lads that threaten to kill you unless they receive payment) are famous for being the most basic of the basics. Your lad might be a mouth breather on the bottom rung of a scammer network and he only has the mental capacity to read from a "script" provided by his oga (boss). Those idiots aren't worth baiting IMO because they don't know how to or are afraid to go off script, plus they lack the capability to go on safaris or join churches designed to crush their souls. As much as you'd like to punish these losers there is a lot of truth to the phrase "ignorance is bliss". Some of these losers are simply too dumb to be taught a lesson. Let those bastards continue to suck at life as is and find a new jackass lad to destroy. Unfortunately, there are plenty of other mugus in the sea.
LoveReverse419
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the tip. Have already tried 'talk to your colleague before you talk to me again' --he just keeps desperately asking for my number, despite the fact he has been told the phone is broken.

Is he trying to convince me (wouldn't his accent be a dead giveaway?) or is he somehow trying to gather more information about me?

The 'colleague' will blast him tomorrow for his stupidity, then offer a generous 10% of the scam to play along that the money is to be paid directly to the 'colleague'
bikeatl77
** WARNED **

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've never understood why lads are so damned obsessed with talking on the phone. Many are hard to understand even if you manage to get a decent connection. I get it when it comes to romance scams because the lad wants to make sure he's really talking to a woman. Maybe lads associate business and office environments with important phone calls. There really isn't any new information to obtain from you that he can't ask in an email. Maybe he'd search Google for your number out of curiosity. It's more likely he suspects you to be a fellow lad/joker that's wasting his time so maybe he'd drop you if your accent sounds African or you speak using local slang. Lads are very suspicious of each other which explains why he doesn't want to deal with your fake lad character.

Just tell him that you only do business in written form so there is a record of everything. Even if your phone wasn't broken you would still use email. Only pranksters and crooks want to waste time on the phone. If it isn't in writing it didn't happen. Is he running a business or an amusement park? Tell him that you will take your business elsewhere if he asks you again. Maybe that will shut him up.

I don't know where your baiting character lives but you could give him Lenny's number in the UK. The link to the thread with instructions for that is below. DO NOT post Lenny's number anywhere in your bait here on Eater. The Lenny thread is hidden behind a login so Google can't find it. So if you paste your emails to the lad on here edit out the phone number if it is referenced anywhere. You could say that Lenny is your uncle/father/lawyer/accountant or whatever in jolly old England and that he takes messages for you until you replace your phone.

If you tell him that he is legally required to speak to your lawyer/accountant (Lenny) he may stop bugging you for digits. Lads don't want victims to run their mouths about "the deal" because they know that outsiders might detect the scam and put a halt to the whole thing.

How to Engage Lenny:
https://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=301052
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic