SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

A preview of what’s to come? Safari count: 9, 4 continents

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
bikeatl77
** WARNED **

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It would be cool if there was a way to convince him that he needs to be vetted away from the city and have him go on one of the many Hoover Dam tours that leave from Vegas. It will waste an entire day with minimal effort on your part since he'll be stuck on a bus most of the time.
Padme

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

MrMystery314 wrote:
P.S. “Evil Djinn” would be an awesome custom title. As a fun fact, according to the Scrabble dictionary, that can also be spelled Djin, Jinni, Djinny, and so on.

That's because the first letter is ج (jeem). It sounds a little like dJ like if you make a J sound but a tiny bit of d in front of it. (If that makes any sense at all Laughing ). Arabic words into languages like English are just spelled phonetically with accepted spellings to letters that match best but because it's not the same alphabet and in some cases there is no Latin version so you get variations. Like the name Omar begins with the letter ع‎ and there is no such letter in our alphabet so you could spell it Omar Umar or 3mar and be correct.

Golden Pith Safari x2 Tattoo x6 Sand Timer x2 Vcamera Acra>Sngpre Acra>Dkr>Rsso>Bmko>Kpndo>Ctnu -Team Woody
Safari Sand Timer Akure>Kano -Amos
Safari x8 Sand Timer x2 Vcamera Owerri>Maiduguri>Owerri>Lagos>Lomé>Bmko>Kolokani Bmko>Nioro>Bmko>Timbuktu>Bmko>Youri Bmko>Mauritania>Kidira>Dakar>Jail -Team Godwin
Safari 's - assorted West Africa safaris, Cyril w/ Spindrift, France-Dublin w/ DSW
Easter 2015 Mortar Closed lad accounts Jack Boot Whip Whip Vcamera Mc Fry Goat Santa Flying Monkey
MrMystery314
Djinn and Tonic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^ I’m well aware; as far as I know, “djinn” just happens to have the most alternate acceptable spellings according to Scrabble words, and that was a random enough fact that I figured it was worth sharing.

As for the lad, upon arriving in that general area, he widely decided not to travel by foot but unwisely decided to rack up a bunch of expenses in his Uber circling around. I responded to him about 10 minutes ago:
Quote:
Mr De Leon,
Dont worry about the warehouse closing, Bob will wait for you until it gets late, he is a professional. He told me just about twenty minutes ago that he didnot see you yet but is sure your on your way. I have told him to have some coffee ready for you, and if you can bring a flash light to help him look at the van that is appreciated. He says the bulb in his is broke.

The lad then sent 3 messages over the following 10 minutes; I wonder what he wants:
Quote:
Can you ask driver for exact address — I’m in area but do not see it — Ok thank you very much.I am in area you told me to come too but do not see your warehouse i need exact address

I suggested from WhatsApp that the lad ask for the precise address because I have absolutely no intention of responding quickly.
Edit: the lad couldn’t find the warehouse, at least for round one:
Quote:
I can’t find it no where—I’m about to head back to hotel I’ve been looking for half hour— Yea I went all the way down to by the base. I went all over the area

When I ask how much the Uber cost:
Quote:
It’s still goin til I get back to hotel

Good to know. About 15 minutes after that, when I calculated he should be about 5 minutes away from his hotel, Mike gladly told the lad the street the warehouse should be on:
Quote:
Mr De Leon,
Bob tells me that the street is copper sage street. That is a bit near the teamsters lodge. Once again I apologize for my slow responds. Bob will be ready for you when you come.

The lad swiftly responded:
Quote:
Please tell him don’t leave I’m on the way here—15 minutes—I’m turning around

And 7 minutes ago:
Quote:
I’m here

Bob may have gotten confused and given where Kenny’s place is instead of the warehouse location.

"ALL THE SAME NOT AN UNGRATEFUL BITCH"-Mr. Humphere
"Bro i have seen hell"-Mr. Humphere
"Also i know how inquisitive all this press can be, i hope the picture of the goat fucking me is not on news or news paper"-Mr. Humphere
"GO TO HELL JUSTIN for having played with me all these while, what the fuck is wrong with you you are such as an asshole"-Charles J Colocino JR
"I will tell you I'm a computer illiterate I know more than you" - Eric Marshall
Hello! ~Kitty Wink
MrMystery314
Djinn and Tonic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Last update for the night, with some redundancies trimmed:
Quote:
Mr De Leon,
I am sorry for the confusing. Bob told me that he is waiting for you and the coffee is cold so he hopes you will not mind. There is also a confusion because Bob thought you were looking for Kenny’s place so he gave you the street of his auto business. Not the warehouse. I am waiting for Bob to respond with the warehouse street. I apologize for inconvenience and I am sorry.

No surprise there. The lad sent a few more emails asking for Bob.
He also sent me that email on Whatsapp:
Quote:
What type of BS id this bro. Bro what's going on

I respond hopefully:
Quote:
I do see somewhere on the map called Kenny's Auto Wrecking there. On that street.

Lad:
Quote:
I went there and there's nothing but junkyard and don't see anybody

Me:
Quote:
So it sounds like you found Kenny's place. But I'm now very curious to know where the warehouse is. It must be close. But I don't know why you didn't see it before.

Lad:
Quote:
That was whole different street. This crazy.

Me, sowing more confusion (pun intended):
Quote:
Was it Lamb street that was mentioned earlier? That's parallel to the other street.

Lad:
Quote:
I been up and down lamb street still didn't see it. He's the manager why don't he know where's the warehouse.

Five star customer service. What can I say?
Quote:
Let me scroll up to read what he sent originally. If you sent me that picture. So he said right near the military base off north Lamb road

Lad:
Quote:
Ye it's not there

Me:
Quote:
Maybe ask someone at the 7-11 if your Uber driver doesn't know. I assume you've already emailed the manager again, right?

Lad:
Quote:
Yes I did they don't know

Me:
Quote:
If I had to guess, the manager is in charge of organizing the entire facility and he delegates the day-to-day responsibilities to Bob. He doesn't talk like he's that smart. No wonder why he doesn't even know where the warehouse is.

Lad:
Quote:
I see I made a blank trip out here it's too many runarounds being given

And it will get worse.
Me:
Quote:
I am growing frustrated too. We should have been able to do this hours ago.

Lad:
Quote:
Wasted money on a high price flight, room and back and forth Uber's to a unknown location

Some skipping ahead...
Quote:
Instead of making money I come out here and spend what I barely have. This is f—d up I barely got any money for my Uber's. 80 now about to be 20 more to get back to Bellagio.

Some credit goes to Padme for helping spur this new plot twist:
Quote:
Hey. So I think I may have a solution to our problem. A bit less subtle than my usual modus operandi, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

This gets the lad's attention:
Quote:
Wassup. What is it.

Me:
Quote:
So I checked in with some of my guys, and I have somewhat of a local crew assembled. What we can do is have them, overnight, go find the warehouse, break in, take this package and any other good ones they can find, and move them somewhere for pickup. Justin: It's somewhat of a gritty area and they're professionals; they'll think it's just people looking for drug money to buy coke with. Justin: I have utmost confidence in their ability to execute this properly

Lad:
Quote:
I hope so. I need money...

And you're fine with armed robbery.
Me:
Quote:
There's somewhat of a caveat to this:
As obviously the police are going to be on high alert in the city after this happens, and since we don't want you to pick up the packages only to be immediately arrested afterward, they'll bring the packages to somewhere a few hours away from Vegas for rendezvous. Justin: I was considering either Barstow or Cedar City. So you'd need to reach the rendezvous point for the pickup, and I'm not sure if transport will be as available as we would like. The alternative is that we wait and hope that they can make something work tomorrow. But this would involve most likely a lot more waiting for you

There's a bit more after that, but long story short, the lad's going to go on a 9 hour bus ride to Palm Springs tomorrow if all goes according to plan, where unless he wants to spend $400 to get back home he's not going to be too happy. That bus should leave in roughly 11 hours if all goes according to plan, giving him a few hours to ruminate.

That's it for tonight; the only reason why I'm up this late is because I have a cold, and somehow even without any medicine I'm more energetic because of it. I hope I can keep this lad on the road for a while.

I'd also love more characters played by more people, as the lad is going to get suspicious at some point that everyone is talking at roughly the same time. If anyone, ideally people free American time, want to help mess with this lad a bit, PM me and I can try to fit you in; email will be fine.

"Also i know how inquisitive all this press can be, i hope the picture of the goat fucking me is not on news or news paper"-Mr. Humphere
"GO TO HELL JUSTIN for having played with me all these while, what the fuck is wrong with you you are such as an asshole"-Charles J Colocino JR
"I will tell you I'm a computer illiterate I know more than you" - Eric Marshall
Hello! ~Kitty Wink
Padme

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh, this is delicious. Love that he took the bait on the remote rendezvous to avoid the cops. Laughing

Golden Pith Safari x2 Tattoo x6 Sand Timer x2 Vcamera Acra>Sngpre Acra>Dkr>Rsso>Bmko>Kpndo>Ctnu -Team Woody
Safari x8 Sand Timer x2 Vcamera Owerri>Maiduguri>Owerri>Lagos>Lomé>Bmko>Kolokani Bmko>Nioro>Bmko>Timbuktu>Bmko>Youri Bmko>Mauritania>Kidira>Dakar>Jail -Team Godwin
Safari 's - assorted West Africa safaris, Cyril w/ Spindrift, France-Dublin w/ DSW
Easter 2015 Mortar Closed lad accounts Jack Boot Whip Whip Vcamera Mc Fry Goat Santa Flying Monkey
MrMystery314
Djinn and Tonic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Bad news for us:
Quote:
I'm headed home bro I've been giving the run around all over Vegas I don't have money to go there and take a chance of not collecting the package

I try to lure him back in:
Quote:
There is no chance involved in this. The bus is clear, my guys are reliable and have confirmed they executed successfully. Any errors would be on your end. I don't want all of your efforts yesterday to be in vain. And as far as I can tell, booking a flight back home now is a lot more expensive. I don't want to force you into anything if your heart isn't in the job, but especially after my guys took a big risk in breaking into the facility, I don't want their work to be in vain either.

He's still despondent:
Quote:
It's they're 20k then, I can't go out any further right now, as much as I want it.

I try again:
Quote:
I really don't know what to say. After all of this, somehow one bus ride has stymied you. Like I said, there's an airport in Palm Springs. You can go straight from there either home or to a second pickup. You're going to civilization (admittedly mainly populated by retirees), not Death Valley. I'm not the sort of person who wants to spend excessive time pleading or arguing. I don't consider myself an orator. But if I were in your position, I'd rather have a successful trip than have spent a day and a few hundred dollars on a scenic tour of Vegas's junkyards

Quote:
I don't have any money bro I came thinking I'd be in n out quick 20.

Quote:
That's what I thought too. But after spending $100 on Ubers or however much that cost, the bus ride would still be relatively insignificant, and both of those figures are pocket change compared to the package.

I'm going to tell him the happy news in a few minutes that my guys got more than just his package, increasing the sum waiting for him. I don't think that will change much, but it can't hurt. And that's where we're at right now. He's still online, so hopefully I convince him. Even if he can't travel more, it sounds like he's had a fun time.

Hello! ~Kitty Wink
bware419ers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If he's not going to travel, he should probably take the rest of that money and put it all on snake eyes at the craps table. Everybody knows that's a sure thing. Then, he can recoup the cost of the Uber.

Golden Pig Vcamera Closed lad accounts X 7035
The Church of the Old Gods Sand Timer Safari X 17 Tattoo
Goat Mortar Flying Monkey Mc Fry Jack Boot Easter 2015 Santa Whip

Black Ribbon "FFS." - Capone
Black Ribbon - Toomuchfun
Black Ribbon - Irishemigrant
"I started to read it but got bored after the first couple of sentences." - SOOI
"Remind me not to get on your bad side." - jose_cuervo
B8er
Associate Boomdazzler

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ I thought your only experience of Vegas was when you and Jose eloped there and got married by Elvis.

Safari x 5 Tattoo Golden Pig Easter 2015 Vcamera
United KingdomUnited StatesNigeriaMalaysiaNetherlandsThailandCanadaUnited Arab EmiratesUnited NationsAustraliaSenegalSpainBeninChinaDenmarkGhanaIvory CoastKorean FlagSouth AfricaSwedenBurkina FasoCambodia FlagcameroonGermanyHong KongIndonesiaJapanNew ZealandSwitzerlandTogoTurkeyUkraine x 335 Elite Ninja Team Member Whip 🚽
Cellphone x 4 Closed lad accounts x 1746 x 1904 - Fake cheques: $4,392,620.83
Safari Team Woody - Ghana to Singapore - 11535km
bware419ers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^That doesn't sound like a gamble to you?

FWIW, I never understood the infatuation with Elvis.

"I started to read it but got bored after the first couple of sentences." - SOOI
MrMystery314
Djinn and Tonic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So, good news and bad news:
Good news: more fun is on the lad's horizon
Bad news: he isn't traveling

Since there are a lot of messages with relatively little content, I'll just give a bullet-pointed summary:
-I found a nice list of cheap buses to different locations, but the lad wasn't too keen on any of those.
-I seeded the idea that security camera footage near the warehouse could have picked up the Uber. The Uber driver will remark on the turquoise pants to police, they'll ask Mike, and he will remember the picture he was sent with turquoise pants, and that the lad asked if the package could be delivered to the Bellagio. The lad will have to get his stuff and leave ASAP. It doesn't matter that the lad didn't use his real Uber account, they still got the physical description.
-The packages will be brought back to Vegas some time later tonight (after sunset), and a transfer will be done somewhere in the nasty Old Vegas area, or maybe a random residential neighborhood too far away from the Strip.
-Sometime later in the night, when "my guys" arrive, they discover Vegas isn't a possibility and turn tail to Bakersfield. It's the lad's problem at that point what to do. Even if at this point he loses credibility, he's still stuck in Vegas with less funding than he had before. Bertje made an audio clip for me that's quite convincing; I'm editing it now to remove "Palm Springs" from it. Hopefully the lad won't question the little jump there. (Edit: I removed the location, and the little disconnect there is easily explained as a connection issue)

Hello! ~Kitty Wink
bikeatl77
** WARNED **

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

He's going to regret not going to Palm Springs. That bus ride is less than $40 each way yet he easily racked up $100 on a fruitless local Uber ride. Is he really staying at the Bellagio? Aria is better IMO. If you want to send him to suburban hell but want to keep the Vegas vibe alive send him to a casino called The Cannery in N. Vegas. It isn't far from his last night's adventures. It's on E. Craig. There's a bar there called Pin Up's that pays tribute to post World War II pin-up girls. Maybe keeping him horny will help keep him energized for more abuse. Then again, given his choice in pant "colours" he may rather want to be sent to a gay club. There used to be one off the strip just south of the old Hard Rock Hotel. Not sure if it's still there but Google probably knows.
MrMystery314
Djinn and Tonic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Things are simmering down a bit too much for my liking. The lad reacted to the plot twist with pretty much the equivalent of "Oh well," as he already checked out of the hotel, but he did move north as requested. Apparently he ditched his stuff in a dumpster, even before I told him; he says he's carrying no bags now. He should be walking to the webcam now—thanks to bware for finding it.

He also "threatened" to take a Greyhound to Phoenix where he has some family living (although they apparently aren't home right now); he said that they would get the ticket for him, although I'm curious why if they could do that they couldn't send him somewhere else. I didn't want to press the point at the time because I think having him wait the day in town is more fun, but after "my guys" have the issue with the police I'll suggest that option.

Here's the link to the webcam, by the way: https://www.skylinewebcams.com/en/webcam/united-states/nevada/las-vegas/las-vegas.html?fbclid=IwAR1H4QQaavnz5j5S2hAOphZjZJKwPxhVwb7SoNuvKn7SVFzOdMGBpyQei5U

I'll post any good pictures from it.

Edit: Nothing from the lad, even though he apparently was just online.

Second edit: Of course, right as I was about to post the above, he says:
Quote:
I’m about to go over by there I was resting and eating

He seems to be enjoying his trip a bit too much, even though he's allegedly so short on funds. After this, I'll let him relax a bit more before the fun begins; naturally, my guys will choose a different rendezvous location, where our lad will need to have his Uber or whatever stop a few blocks away and have him then walk to the meeting point. Maybe a minute after I hear him say he got out of his Uber, I'll spring the bad news on him. Earlier he said he was going to take a Greyhound to Phoenix, and the earliest I can find would be at 8:25 PM PST; there's a Bakersfield bus that's about the same price that leaves at 12:01 AM PST. I'd love for him to be on that bus.

That bus to Bakersfield I mentioned only has 2 seats left; if he misses that one, he can leave either at 3 or at 7. It's a shame that he isn't on the bus to Palm Springs right now, but the longer he spends in Vegas, the more hooked he gets and the more money he spends.

Hello! ~Kitty Wink
MrMystery314
Djinn and Tonic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It took a while, but I imagine there can't be too many people walking around in turquoise pants:
I wasn't able to get any more clear photos, but he sent me a 3 second video clip, further confirming it's him. After I got this, instead of giving me all the photos he wanted he turned around and started going back toward the Strip. Clearly this means we aren't picking this rendezvous location. I don't like how cocksure this lad is about not following directions. He's making it hard for me to strand him.
Lad:
Quote:
I ain't feeling it right there
(Presumably in regard to it being a good rendezvous point)
Me:
Quote:
What about it?

Lad:
Quote:
Just wasn't feeling that street

I asked him for some suggestions, which I'm liable to ignore. In maybe 30-40 minutes, all hell will break loose.

Hello! ~Kitty Wink
oblated
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sending him to a gay bar would be awesome.
Padme

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

How many days has he been wearing the same pants? Shocked

MrMystery314
Djinn and Tonic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's a bit late for that plan. I wanted the lad to travel to some other rendezvous points for pickup, but he didn't want to, so I begrudgingly let him return to the original spot; naturally, this explains why the pickup was a failure there. I'll skip the boring stuff and go into when things go wrong:
Me:
Quote:

S***
F***
This is bad. Listen to the voice mail. I don't know if it will open on your iPhone, but if it doesn't, I'll transcribe it: "Yo boss, it's Hans, umm... it's a real s—show—cops are all over us, we're trying to get a truck, going down to Bakersfield to find a new drop spot. I'll fill you in on the details later. OK bye." (Thanks to Bertje for recording this!). What sort of s—f—ery are you trying to do now? I shouldn't have listened to you and given my guys the all clear for that spot. You see that black car parked across the street from the chapel? (Thanks to the webcam) My guys think the police were watching from there (they had a scout monitoring the area before they started driving over). And of course you went online. This is bad. This is real f—ing bad. F***! Unles we can get this sorted out ASAP, they're back on the road to Bakersfield. We have more security there. We can either work out a plan B now or you can get on the midnight bus there.

Naturally, the lad chooses:
Quote:
Plan b

Spoiler alert, this won't work, and the lad will have to go to Bakersfield anyway. If he can't do it, tough luck. He buys the story; if he listened to the voice mail, I'm guessing that helped, and if he saw the black van that helps too.
Quote:
We're lucky that my guys were observant or else they'd be pulled over. Please, for the love of God, stay online. If you can get your ass over to the heliport in South Las Vegas, you can walk a few blocks from there to a more secure site.

Lad:
Quote:
OK

Me:
Quote:
If somehow this doesn't work, either because there are more cops or you f*** up the location, the only option is to take the bus. If you were willing to take a Greyhound to Phoenix, Bakersfield isn't any more expensive. I already checked, and there's one more seat available on an express bus leaving at midnight.

Lad:
Quote:
How much

He's weighing his options here. He wants his money badly.
Me:
Quote:
$38. If you wait to leave at 7 AM, $30. It would be really nice to get this done tonight in Vegas, wouldn't you agree? The night is young; if we get this done, you can probably go back to the Strip somewhere and slip the concierge $100 to keep yourself anonymous, and sleep in a really nice hotel instead of a bus.

Lad:
Quote:
I agree

He's imagining possibilities at this point. Good. I want him fantasizing.
Me:
Quote:
I'm tired of equivocating here and trying to compromise. I know this is your first job, but this is what happens when we don't take precautions. You changed your mind about Palm Springs, costing my guys a bunch of their time and leading to all of this. And now, because you couldn't be bothered to take the public bus or whatever to somewhere more secure, you wanted to do a meeting within sight effectively of the Strip and my guys were almost caught. I'm a reasonable guy. I admire the fact that you've trucked through all of this so far. That's a good sign. Imagine when we're doing pickups that aren't in a city you've visited before where you speak the language. I'm pretty sure there ain't any Benihanas in Jakarta.

Lad:
Quote:
Ion even know where that is

Me:
Quote:
It's on Larson Lane, just off South Las Vegas. The actual pickup location, with that plan, won't exactly be there, but you'll walk from there to the actual pickup. Security, of course. Now I'm definitely taking it up to 11 with the required adherence to these procedures because we all know what happened last time I let up. Time is of the essence here. Google Maps tells me it will take 20 minutes to drive there. If you aren't there in 30, there goes plan B.

Lad:
Quote:
I'm on the way.

Me:
Quote:
And my guys and I are calling off that pickup if there's any sign of nastiness on the way there or in the area. A bit unfortunate if you're in transit, but once again, we can't afford even the slightest element of risk.

When I receive confirmation he's arrived, I'll make him wait for a bit before telling him the pickup is off. Bakersfield it is. He may not go, but even if he doesn't, he hasn't had the best vacation.

Hello! ~Kitty Wink
bware419ers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

ETA: Ninja'd

@oblated The lad wrote these:

Quote:
Quote:
(Presumably in regard to it being a good rendezvous point)
Quote:
Just wasn't feeling that street

That webcam aims south from The Little Vegas Chapel on South 3rd. Right across the street (near where it appears those turquoise pants are located in the pic) is this place, "Bastille."

The address is 1402 S 3rd Street. I'll let you look it up. Wink

MrMystery314
Djinn and Tonic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

About 15 minutes past the rendezvous time and the lad hasn’t been online since his last message. If I had to guess, his phone is out of power. C’est la vie. Bakersfield it is. I doubt he twigged, so even if I don’t hear from him for a bit it’s a fair guess that he’s either spending money or wandering into trouble.

Hello! ~Kitty Wink
Padme

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It would be hilarious if he got picked up for something, though from what I've seen police in Vegas are not likely to arrest people for much of anything under armed robbery. Maybe's losing his uber money in the slots.

MrMystery314
Djinn and Tonic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

He was “last seen” 5 minutes ago on WhatsApp, but he didn’t read my messages. I’m guessing he will check in a few minutes and apologize. I doubt he was picked up for anything, unfortunately. Since he hasn’t read my messages, I bet he’s either looking around the area for a van or making a pit stop somewhere to charge his phone. If he wanders enough, he could find a lion habitat or a Buddhist temple.

Hello! ~Kitty Wink
bikeatl77
** WARNED **

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:

Too bad it isn't up to him. Spoiled brat. Sounds like he bought a one way plane ticket from Houston. By the end of this I hope he has to walk home...barefoot Twisted Evil
Linoline
Dume Dutch Bag

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow, this is an amazing adventure. Thanks for sharing. Good work!

My Collection of lad frustration

"I never taught you to be evil. But carry on" - Oscarpiles
"You are diabolically evil...." - Sparky905
"It really sucks to be a scamming lad around Linoline." Conny L. Gus
"You put money in the parcel now am suffering you are not helping" Sven
"You put me through this with all the bastard you called your client" Daniboy
"I know you wanna bring me to Netherlands so you will suck my blood and eat my flesh" - Calimero
MrMystery314
Djinn and Tonic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

He hasn't read my messages, although it looks like he was online at 4 AM. Not quite sure what's up with that. I may call him in a bit just to say hi, although I don't think that will be a long conversation. I'd like to think he's on the bus to Bakersfield, although I doubt that's the case; he may have been able to get that promised Greyhound ticket back to Phoenix or Houston.

Edit: A few minutes ago, he sent:
Quote:
Wassup?

Not good enough. I can't chat with him now, but I will later.

Hello! ~Kitty Wink
MrMystery314
Djinn and Tonic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This post will be split in two (I'll add edits as I make progress) because there's a lot of content.

Vegas lad is still "on the hook," technically, although as usual, he's awful at communicating clearly and frequently. I'm angling for San Francisco, which he seems somewhat open to, although he hasn't confirmed with me that he could do it. I'd love to get round two, but talking to him is like pulling teeth. He reads my messages without responding, and then whenever he feels like it later he talks for a bit and then disappears.

There is some excitement, however, in Nigeria and Ghana. As there are literally hundreds of messages coming from about 5 lads all talking to each other in the same group, and I don't have hours to post all of them, I think what I'll do is post some of the funnier ones and see if you guys can figure out what happened. As a disclaimer, this is not a safari, although as we speak I'm trying to get one:
Quote:
Adagembe will come to pick you up by breakfast tomorrow which is 930. But you can mail them that you need to attend to something important tomorrow maybe they should make the time more early. Get their number it will be easiest route to call and explain all this to them with their level
Of sympathy they will surely attend to you we need to act fast before another receiver get there. God bless us all I believe in us.

90 minutes earlier:
Quote:
And all what I'm doing now my guy is there. To avoid any floop (?) let me mail them first thing tommorow morning.

About 7 hours after the first message I posted:
Quote:
That's pickup in his location in WA. Standy. All efforts has been made guya. Guys. WA is in position. I'm hoping they call us. Money has been spent. To go to various locations and to make sure package is in a saver hands as we speak I've traveled to kumasi a place close to WA to recieve as soon as they deliever i didn't sleep all night.

An hour later:
Quote:
This is f****d up business what is all this?

Referring to this email:
Quote:
Dear sir,
I'm sorry to hear that but I really don't know what to think about this whole story. Everything is so weird.
- last night, I sent you several messages, which I do not know if you received them (because you did not respond to them).
- our deliveryman Adagembe waited for you long time; last night and also this morning. He was at your hotel, but also at the intersection where I told you yesterday in my messages.
- at 09.30, you came to us directly at the warehouse and picked up the package #1958380015 (declared value $15,000) sent by Mr. Nick Buchanan.
- I personally discussed with you and I paid you the amount of all your travel expenses ($450).
Now, I receive from you these messages and that picture that clearly does not represent the man who took the package from us. Jesus, I'm shocked!
I will need to make a written Report on all these strange things and I will send it to Headquarter for analysis and discussion. In any case, Mr. Buchanan also paid the insurance fee (against identity fraud), so I am convinced that we will recover the value of the goods in the parcel from the Insurance Company. The internal rules of our company stipulate that all the communications with our customers will be made exclusively by email, so that all messages to be stored and archived on the PLog servers (for any subsequent complaints).

Continuing on, from the lad:
Quote:
The real owner came to pick it. Justin (me) told us. We have to hold for next delivery. Poor timing. That will be in Bamako. Let's not be discouraged bro.

15 minutes later:
Quote:
I travelled to kumasi from Accra (sadly not safari distance) to get you guys the package my guys didn't sleep?

So, what happened if not a safari? Can any of you fill in the blanks from the emails? If this side of the bait turns into an actual safari, I won't be as coy about it.

Bonus: a picture of someone.

Hello! ~Kitty Wink
MrMystery314
Djinn and Tonic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Imagine my surprise when, a few weeks after I thought the bait was over, I get these messages from one of the lads involved in the most recent Ghana adventure:
Quote:
Hello. I'm in WA now. Is the pickup still on?

That got my attention.
Quote:
No. We're obviously far too late on that one. Did you travel all the way from Accra?

Lad:
Quote:
OK. Yes. I'm in WA now.

Sounds promising. I try to get proof through WhatsApp:
Quote:
Share your location with me here so I know exactly where you are. I may need a guy in your general area for another job, not a package pickup, but it will still pay. Just do it through WhatsApp.

Lad:
Quote:
Hold. In WA?

Me:
Quote:
Please confirm your location in the city so I know if you can help me out with this task. Your cut will be 10K if you execute this correctly.

Lad:
Quote:
I'm trying to see...it's not going through.hold lemme restart my phone

You can't see from there, but that is in Wa. Now that I know he's on safari, I want him to travel more for another one. Maybe Burkina Faso.
Me:
Quote:
OK. Are you able to cross the border into Burkina Faso?

Lad:
Quote:
Nah. Too far.

Tsk tsk.
Me:
Quote:
It would be in the town of Ouessa. Or slightly farther depending on local circumstances. About 136 km from your current location.

Lad:
Quote:
Can you get it to here

Me:
Quote:
I must admit you caught me somewhat by surprise, which is why this isn't as convenient as it could be. No. My guy can't risk a border crossing.

Lad:
Quote:
This is the farthest I could go for now.

And you were so much of an idiot that you travel out two weeks late for a pickup. I'm sure you can do more.
Me:
Quote:
Hmmm. OK then. I still don't think I can change anything, especially on such short notice. But I do not want your trip to be a waste. Check back with me in about 15 minutes.

Lad:
Quote:
Alright sir

Any ideas? I'm tempted to just tell him Burkina Faso or bust, although that's a bit boring. There's also Savelugu, which is just barely safari distance and offers me a chance to do a repeat of the last bait. I may give him that as an alternative to Burkina Faso.
Edit: some assorted excerpts while I hope to wake up tomorrow morning to a lad in Savelugu:
Quote:
Ok
Hold on
I can't set off tonight
Maybe the next day

Fine by me. When I ask about an overnight bus:
Quote:
There is
But it's not safe to travel at night
Especially here in the North?

I'm making repeated emphasis of how I don't want his spontaneous trip to be a waste, and that he'd be a rich man by now if only he had informed me earlier of his trip. I do hope he travels to Savelugu.

Hello! ~Kitty Wink
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic