SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Virtual machines?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Chaaawck
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

With scambaiting it can eventually evolve into people wanting to get into your computer and such, I'm looking for a virtual machine (free if at all possible, but I know beggars can't be choosers) so that I can tinker with it until I'm finally savvy enough to speak to them/use it so they don't HEK my actual laptop.

"You're not the devil. You're practice." ~Batman

"I can't quote real people I only watch cartoons, anime and podcasts." ~Me
MrMystery314
Djinn and Tonic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I personally have never been in the position where a VM has been necessary, as I've never particularly had the need to open files scammers have sent me, nor have any tried to really get at my personal information beyond the "please send me your address, SSN, and deepest darkest secret" questions at the beginning of straight baits. If you do need a VM for some reason, VirtualBox is supposed to be pretty good, although I'd be extremely curious what sort of baiting you're doing where that would be necessary.

"ALL THE SAME NOT AN UNGRATEFUL BITCH"-Mr. Humphere
"Bro i have seen hell"-Mr. Humphere
"Also i know how inquisitive all this press can be, i hope the picture of the goat fucking me is not on news or news paper"-Mr. Humphere
"GO TO HELL JUSTIN for having played with me all these while, what the fuck is wrong with you you are such as an asshole"-Charles J Colocino JR
"I will tell you I'm a computer illiterate I know more than you" - Eric Marshall
Hello! ~Kitty Wink
Chaaawck
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It would be well down the road, but it would be something like what [reference removed - KLG] does, get them on the phone, allow access to my computer, let them show me all the infections and play until they demand money.

I do know [reference removed - KLG] has an entire team that makes fake websites and stuff to really get into it and that's a whole job on it's own, but I think light playing while they feel high and mighty about getting my 'machine' would be neat when I get the experience required to pull it off.

Gonna feel like a secret agent man.

B8er
Associate Boomdazzler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You are looking at the wrong types of scams - Eater only deals with 419 Advance Fee Fraud type scams, not tech support scams.

As MrMystery said, there is no reason for a 419 scammer to need access to your computer.

Safari x 5 Tattoo Golden Pig Easter 2015 Vcamera
United KingdomUnited StatesNigeriaMalaysiaNetherlandsThailandCanadaUnited Arab EmiratesUnited NationsAustraliaSenegalSpainBeninChinaDenmarkGhanaIvory CoastKorean FlagSouth AfricaSwedenBurkina FasoCambodia FlagcameroonGermanyHong KongIndonesiaJapanNew ZealandSwitzerlandTogoTurkeyUkraine x 335 Elite Ninja Team Member Whip 🚽
Cellphone x 4 Closed lad accounts x 1746 x 1904 - Fake cheques: $4,392,620.83
Safari Team Woody - Ghana to Singapore - 11535km
Chaaawck
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Fair enough, I guess I should have been more clear. I'm more than happy to do this kind of stuff until I get my sea legs, then if I wanna branch out I'm sure there's another place (or google) that I can learn more if I need to.

My bad but thanks for setting me straight! I'm glad to know this won't require it for sure now.

Kitty La Gore
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Chaaawck,

we do encourage you to find out what we're all about, and try your hand at safely baiting Advance Fee Fraud lads.

Our rules are here, definitely check 'em out!

Locking this on my way out.

~ Kitty

Why get a mentor? <--- Best way to advance your skills and meet awesome people!!

I'm really scared because I notice that I'm develop malaria because of the hot climax here ~ Abiola in Rosso
i was kidnap by Nigeria North desperate danger men in Borno state Nigeria all because of u ~Tim
You are been a foolish man with a naughty brain. ~Paul K
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic