SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Bait and switch online scammer, need advice.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
PTS
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi all. My wife recently became the victim of a bait and switch online purchase scam. We could really use some advice, plus I wanted to get word out in the hopes that no-one else gets hurt and this scammer is taken down. I've already seen evidence of other people this person has scammed with the same website, so am already in the process of reporting this (currently anonymous) person to the authorities and have ceased talking with them. The last section of this post is a step-by-step account of what happened, but if you prefer a condensed version, see the following two paragraphs.

The scammer owns the website link removed, which looks legit, but is being used for criminal activity. The scammer is claiming to sell professional black-light activated paint kits. My wife paid $319.92 (through PayPal) on an order which included $49.95 in shipping. She received 3 gallons of cheap children's Crayola paint in a huge 35lb box, ordered "gifted" directly from Amazon to her (on a shipped free item), and a 3lb packet of mystery white powder sent in a priority mail envelope. The instructional book that she was also supposed to receive never came, because it probably doesn't exist.

My wife went back and forth with the scammer, who insisted she return the (huge, heavy) crap he sent her to a PO box. She got PayPal involved. They've eventually forced him to give a "real" address, but she still has to spend a lot of money sending this (huge, heavy) crap to a place that she's not even sure he frequents? This becomes like a game of chess, where the next move you make could be the wrong one, and the scammer get to keep your cash. What to do?

As I see it, if we send the huge heavy box, it could go one of three ways:

A. The scammer actually receives the box of items and refunds us (unlikely?)

B. The scammer receives the box and then claims that he never sold us these particular items (quite possible?) which drags this out on PayPal, or...

C. The scammer doesn't frequent this address and the box gets thrown out or returned by confused occupant (also quite possible?)

This scammer's (supposed) return address is - removed address

This scammer's (supposed) return PO box address is - removed address

This scammer's (supposed) phone number is - removed phone number (although I've not tried to call it).

The scammer goes by the names removed name or removed name (depending on what "department" you reach). Interestingly, if you search for these names combined with the little info I can dig up on this guy, it looks like he has other active scam websites, selling anything from trackers, anti-barking devices, and shirts for men with man-boobs. See example - removed link

The scammer will answer email from - removed email

The scammer's info also includes these email addresses and websites - removed link and email[/color]

Here are the step-by-step details:

1. The buyer orders the following from the seller's website on June 3rd, 2019.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Three gallons of LumniMarble Flurescent Marbling Paint for $209.99
(professional blacklight activated paint)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LumniMarble Saline Solution for $39.99
(water soluble mixing solution)
An instructional book from the sellers website for $19.99
(Body Marbling: The Complete Guide - Ron Davis)
Shipping is 49.95

2. The buyer pays $319.92 total for the products via PayPal.

3. The seller orders and sends three gallons of cheap Crayola children's paint (ranging from $15-22 in price depending on color) directly from Amazon as an "gift" to the buyer (to hide his address) and FREE shipping. Buyer receives and is immediately suspicious this is a scam. The paint can be seen with this link -
removed link

4. The buyer receives a mysterious packet of white powder with the label torn off. There is no way of knowing if this is the correct product, buyer suspect it's a household goods that can be bought for a few dollars. The return address on the box removed address

5. The instructional book never arrives, the buyer suspects that it probably doesn't exist.

6. The buyer emails the seller (goes by names removed namesdepending on what "department" I'm being to directed to) to complain about the products sent. The seller email address is removed email

7. The seller writes back to say we have to sent the products back to get a refund.

8. The buyer replies to say that it's the seller's mistake, and it doesn't make sense for the buyer to spend a lot of money returning a huge box for the children's paint (weighing 35lbs) and a bag of mystery powder. If the seller wants it back, they can arrange the return with Amazon and USPS.

9. The buyer starts a PayPal dispute and demands a refund.

10. The seller marks the PayPal order "Cancelled" for some reason.

11. The buyer researches to see if lumnimarble.com is a scam. The buyer finds evidence of other people complaining that the seller sent them fake products, and is indeed running a scam operation. Doing a reverse google search on some of the information the scammer has supplied results in a long list of currently active scam websites seller all types of different items.

12. The buyer checks PayPal info on transaction, and notices see that the scammer uses removed link as listed website and removed email. Both website and email address are not active. The only way of reaching the seller, is the aforementioned removed emailemail address.

13. The buyer calls PayPal to report the scammer and get reassurance than buyer is protected. PayPal reassures the buyer that the seller will have to respond by the 25th or the refund is automatic. PayPal also reassures the buyer that that will not have to pay to return heavy items, and the seller will be forced to arrange the return.

14. PayPal contacts the buyer on the 24th to announced that we're "eligible for a refund of $319.92 USD once you return the item(s) associated with this transaction. You must return the item(s) before July 4, 2019."

15. The buyer calls Amazon to try and get the free shipping items (paints) returned to the scammer. Amazon won't arrange for the items to be returned unless we can cite specific details about the scammer. Amazon admits that if law enforcement contacts them to get the true identity of the scammer, they will give the info.

16. The buyer calls PayPal to tell them that a huge box weighting 35lbs cannot be sent to a PO box. PayPal agrees and will force scammer to give a real address. PayPal also admits that if law enforcement contacts them to get the true identity of the scammer, they will give the info.

17. The scammer gives PayPal the following address -removed address Obviously the scammer doesn't use a real name, but the address checks out a legit suburban home. PayPal told buyer that she has buyer protection and should be able to claim any shipping costs back. Within the return policy, this line is included - "You are responsible for any costs associated with the return. If the transaction was $750.00 USD or more, we need the seller to sign confirmation of receipt." We want a little over $300 refunded So it looks like adding signature confirmation is pointless?
Padme

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to eater. I am sorry to hear of your experience. Unfortunately, this isn't the sort of thing that we deal with here, so I do not have any advice for you except the general advice which it seems you have done already which would be to contact paypal and Amazon as those were the companies involved in your transaction. I have removed the numerous emails, names, phone numbers and addresses you posted as we do not allow the posting of such information without proof of a scam.

Golden Pith Safari x2 Tattoo x6 Sand Timer x2 Vcamera Acra>Sngpre Acra>Dkr>Rsso>Bmko>Kpndo>Ctnu -Team Woody
Safari Sand Timer Akure>Kano -Amos
Safari x8 Sand Timer x2 Vcamera Owerri>Maiduguri>Owerri>Lagos>Lomé>Bmko>Kolokani Bmko>Nioro>Bmko>Timbuktu>Bmko>Youri Bmko>Mauritania>Kidira>Dakar>Jail -Team Godwin
Safari 's - assorted West Africa safaris, Cyril w/ Spindrift, France-Dublin w/ DSW
Easter 2015 Mortar Closed lad accounts Jack Boot Whip Whip Vcamera Mc Fry Goat Santa Flying Monkey
PTS
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Okay, that's fair enough. I know you guys mostly deal with 419 scams here, so wasn't sure if you were open to helping with other types? Your reply is appreciated though. Thanks!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic