SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Chicken Man 2: Triple Safari: Togo, Mali. Guinea

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
sparky905
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Francis is trying to hold back the sea with his note to the lad this morning.

Quote:
Son:

I received a note from one of our recipients and some forwarded ones from the shipper, and there seems to be some confusion here, which I thought it best to clear up. Our budget for delivery was overextended as you know. but this is not as big an issue as it seems. Shipping the 3 packages at once means less up front personal service, but still the same rewards. Our local agent Walter D****** assured me he sent them to a central location so that each of our recipients can easily travel to and collect. Because our church does a large volume business of high value packages, the company has offered to reimburse travel costs as a goodwill gesture.
I will confirm all this with each recipient and am grateful Walter, our local agent, found a way to make this work for everyone.

He downplays the scale of the problem here and notes that solutions are at hand. I'm sure this can be fine tuned to suit everyoe.

Sand Timer "George", Sand Timer "Dr. Egobia" Sand Timer Rev James Smith Sand Timer Lawson Dike

" I can sue anybody for deformation of character" scammer Fred Unuobia losing his patience with endless questions
sparky905
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The lad has sent four messages today explaining why he cannot go to Morocco. I have quoted his latest, including detailed instructions as to how to make this work for minimal effort.

Quote:
Dear Mr Francis,

I had been advise not to travel to Morocco to pick up too package.. Rather,the Church should instruct Pitts Logistic local agent Walter Donovan to work with the Morocco office to get the packages send via another courier company which can deliver to Nigeria.

Because of the money hidden inside the package, Mr Donovan should liaise with a trusted official of the logistic company in Morocco to open the package, remove the envelope containing the money and use part of the money to cater for cost of sending the package directly to me in Nigeria (DHL and FedEx can deliver directly to Nigeria).
The remaining amount should be split into four places($7,000 should be sent via Western union,Moneygram or Ria)..the rest amounts he should send by bank wire, yes there are banks in Morocco that can send money directly to Nigerian banks.

Mr Donovan should be able to take care of the situation given that he works at Pitts logistic. I don't mind signing an authorisation letter to get one of his staff open the package and send the package through an other courier company.

I think this idea given above is the best.

We figured he would ask for another company to take over.....and this requet will be denied. We will shortly discover that Walter, the original agent, did not know the cash was inside (it's not on the customs forms), and this is in fact illegal. We cannot trust that the shipping company will comply given the legalities involved, and we cannot vouch personally for whomever would remove it.

Quote:
I must discuss this with the committee and find a solution that is fair to everyone. Reimbursement seems the fairest manner here. If I send you money up front, I'd have to do so for the other two recipients to make it a level playing field. I heard from our Guinea musician and he's prepared to travel, esp considering what the return for his time will be. Our Niger artisan is asking friends, and assures us he will keep receipts. So we must do this in as equitable a manner as possible.

The fact that there are 3 packages involved means the lad has to understand other people are involved and they are prepared to work for theirs. It is a sad thing when the person receiving the most is prepared to do the least.

The lad was originally scamming a doctor character of mine when he confessed his crimes. He has sent the doctor multiple messages today (which I ignored) and then began forwarding all his correspondence to solicit assistance. The good doctor just wrote back in a positive but otherwise useless manner

Quote:
I am familiar with some of what you wrote today. I knew the Outreach Committee was pleased to receive your submission and I was so pleased to hear the announcement that you were among those we are assisting. Congratulations on your good fortune. Just yesterday Francis showed pictures of our three winners. I knew we had shot the budget in this undertaking but the worthiness of the cause made a little short term pain worth it.

So, it was with surprise that I rec'd your series of messages today detailing the issues you face. I called him but he was out, and I got only a few more details from his wife. She said that with budget restrictions, the committee opted send more money to the three winners and spend less on shipping. Basically it's a matter of whose pocket should the money be in: yours or the shippers?

She did say Walter D****** our parishioner has arranged with his employer to have costs met by them once receipts are provided. That seems fair to me.

I will trust Francis to return my call. From what his wife said, the other people who are getting courtesy packages are not having issues so I'll have to get more details

Sand Timer "George", Sand Timer "Dr. Egobia" Sand Timer Rev James Smith Sand Timer Lawson Dike

" I can sue anybody for deformation of character" scammer Fred Unuobia losing his patience with endless questions
sparky905
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The lad is really in a panic it seems. Given the time zone differences, the lad must be going to bed about now full of worry and anxious for some easy solution. Francis could offer up words of comfort about this time to ease the stress......or he could wait till much later to reply. LOL

Quote:
Sir,
Is easy for the Guinea musician to enter Morocco because his country is not too far to Morocco unlike going there from Nigeria or Niger. (That was exactly the purpose here!)

As a Nigerian, apart from the flight money,they will need issue me a visa at point of entry in Morocco,so.the expenses will be much going from here.that's the reason why I wanted you to lend me $1,000(of course I'll reimburse you back once I had picked my package). (the point is to make it cost you......)

But if it is not possible to raise $1,000 for me,then I guess Mr Donovan should be able to reach one of his colleague in Morocco and get him/her to open the package and remove the money hidden among the package, and then send it through a bank wire,the package must be sent by another courier company which can deliver directly to Nigeria.. however, I fear that Mr Donovan contacting his colleague in Africa telling him/her about money hidden in a package can cost him his job because they may misinterpret it thinking he's been using such method to launder money in the past.so,this may put him in high risk of loosing his job.which indirectly means that even the trusted Moroccan colleague can turnaround to confiscate the money if its discovered the package contains money. All this are my sincere observation.
(Losing his job is a wonderful consequence here, thank you for problem solving for the baiters!)

For me,I can still make the trip to Morocco but, provided I have $1,000 which covers cost of Flight,visa,taxi and hotel. (Will you not stay around for the church festival?

I hope that the outreach committee finds a non stressful solution for us all.
(Actually, the committee is trying to find the most stressful solution imaginable)

Your sincerely,

Francis will do his level best to almost help. Time for more meetings with the committee..........

It is about 10 pm for Francis and he was typing a reply to the lad. As he is, a new message arrives from the lad. Just more of the same worries. However, this means the lad is up at 3 am his time messaging about his precious package. That is good, it means a sleepless night for him! It also means Francis will not hit the "send" button as the lad is probably sitting there hoping for news. I will just put it in drafts and wait till morning.......

Oh this lad is pissing me off. Not only does he want to steal money, now he is lying! He just by-passed the committee to appeal to the original contact, Dr. John.

Quote:
Dr John,
Good to hear from you.
But Mr Francis replied me few hours ago. Besides,I'm not the only one having issues,the other two also are having same issues. (NO! The other two "winners" are excited, grateful and willing to do whatever it takes. I know because I'm making them up as I go!) What brought about my panicking is because of the mail the shipping company sent me saying I have 24hours to respond if I can come to Morocco or not. (Did they? I missed that part!)
The mail Mr Francis sent me did confirmed that the three recipients are having same issues,(NO! Francis said they cooperating!) I am told the recipient from Guinea is willing to travel to Morocco (well its easier for him because Guinea isn't far to Morocco) but the rest two(me from Nigeria and the artisan from Niger republic) can't just go to Morocco for it is very far and a visa is needed to go there(hence my reason for soliciting for your financial assistance to be able to make the trip). (Actually, the Niger lad is already planning to use his travel expenses on his income tax)
Also you mentioned about your parishioner(Mr D******)..yes I think he can offer the solution here so that none of us can go through the stress of traveling to Morocco.. Mr Donovan should be able to influence one of the trusted officers in his company (the shipping company) to open the package and remove the money hidden inside the package, he should get the staff to send the package through another courier company like DHL or FedEx that can deliver directly to Nigeria and then pay for the delivery cost through the money he removed from the package. The rest money he should split it into three batches and send it by bank wire. (Mr D is well aware of the "issues" involved and will do no such thing).

Kindly discuss this with Mr Francis,but should in case Mr D doesn't have a trusted person in Morocco then we will have know choice but to go there ourselves. However,Mr D should be careful with whoever he is engaging in Morocco so that when it is discovered that he hid money in the package they it won't turnaround to implicates him that he is aiding money laundering.

Regards,

Lucky G.

What a scheming little lad he is. Dr. John is a church member but he told the lad he is not on the Outreach committee already! Wow, does he think he can lie like this to fellow church members and not have them check with each other?

Birlic
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Tuesday

- Claude to Lucky:
Quote:
G'morning Lucky,

Did you get my last message yesterday? Mike told me now that he did not get anything from you, although I had contacted him yesterday with the request to help you with some tips and advices.
There is a solid possibility that our company will be able to pay for all of your travel expenses, as the operating license in Nigeria is suspended for an indefinite period. It all depends on Mike, of course, but I'm convinced there will be no problems (especially as we have an excellent commercial relationship with the church whose member is Mr. Francis - the Sender of your parcel).
Starting today, the 30-day period during which the parcel can be picked up officially begins. The deadline is on July 24, when "the parcel abandonment" rule actually becomes effective.
I have already received the confirmation that your two colleagues (from Guinea and Niger) will arrive here next week and they will attend a festive event and a raffle with prizes where the Grand Prize is "1 year of free flights anywhere in the world!"

I hope you will be here to attend the ceremony and spend a great evening together with a good wine and some excellent dishes.
Claude

===

- A lot of Closed lad accounts & many Vcamera ; Whip ; Jack Boot ; Goat ; 4x The Church of the Old Gods ; 3x Sand Timer ; Golden Pith ; 35x Safari ; 🍰 ;
- My travel agency: Accra-Tamale; Akure-Kamba; Akure-Bohicon; Bamako-Siguiri; Banjul-Basse; Banjul-Dakar; Banjul-Karang; BeninCity-Lagos; BeninCity-Seme; Brikama-Basse; Brikama-Dakar; 2xBrikama-Karang; Brussels-Lausanne; Cotonou-Accra; Cotonou-Djougou; Idiroko-Aneho; 2xIdiroko-Cotonou; Idiroko-HillaCondji; Lagos-Abuja; Lagos-Bamako; Lagos-Bida; 7xLagos-Cotonou; Lagos-Lome; 2xLagos-Seme; Owerri-Abuja; Warri-Cotonou;
sparky905
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The lad had a sleepless night sending this at 4 am his time. He is now writing and copying to both Francis, and to Dr. John, the man he originally tried to scam.

Quote:
Look at what I got from the shipping company.

It appears the two other guys can find their way to Morocco.

I am not interested in their festival or wine,instead I want to come there pick up the package/money and leave.. The people selling the land for the poultry have been disturbing me and I wish to meet up before I loose it to someone else.

If Mr Donovan cannot get a trusted person in Morocco then its good I go there myself..but I'll be able to achieve that with $1,000 for flight,visa,hotel and taxi. You will need to help me with the $1,000,I will refund the money back to you once I have picked up the package.it will be sent to you from Morocco.

Anticipate your reply.

Later Dr. John will slap him for being lazy, but for now, Francis sent the following:

Quote:
Walter did not know when we shipped the package that the cash was inside. Your concerns about money transfers etc caused me to not keep him fully informed as I was trying to hurry things up. The concerns you now raise on his behalf are valid and appreciated. Given that he does not know the Moroccan people personally, I'm afraid to take them into our confidence, just in case. No, I think your idea is correct, get the money into your trusted hands and you can use the methods you outlined previously.

Our other two recipients are working hard to secure their packages. They are receiving lesser amounts as you know but you are the only one who is complaining. I do trust this is not the signs of avarice appearing here? Our committee was struck right away between your actions (immediately asking for more money on top of what we struggled to send), and the other recipients who set to work to problem solve. We have some of our best minds seeking solutions here. Please don't blame yourself, this is not all your fault.

Birlic
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Our lad to Claude:
Quote:
Sir,

The problem is I don't have money to make the trip to Morocco.

Besides that I am always busy at work so,finding the time to fly must be well planned.I am not coming there for the festival or drink wine.just want to pick up my parcel.that's all.

Well are you saying you will cater for my cost of transportation from Lagos,Nigeria to Casablanca,Morocco?

If yes,then you will need to book it online and send my flight ticket.
NB:I have not contacted your Mr Mike because I don't have anything to say to him.

Regards,

Lucky

Claude:
Quote:
Hi Lucky,

There is no rush, because the deadline is July 24. So you can do your own program according to your free time.
I will write a mail to the Sender (Mr. Francis) to inform him that you will not attend the festive evening or the prize ceremony.
Regarding the transport costs, yes, everything is settled in full procent.
I do not know all the details, because I do not deal directly with payments, but you have to keep all receipts and invoices and air tickets and send them to us (by mail, of course).
In the case of expenses where you can not prove your payment (that is, if you go by taxi and the driver does not give you a receipt), simply make a simple statement: "I took a taxi to the airport = $7".
The following expenses are fully settled:
- full transport on the Lagos - Casablanca - back to Lagos route (bus, taxi, flight)
- accommodation in Casablanca (4-star hotel).
- food and water.
- unforeseen additional costs (50% of the total amount). It refers to some occasional expenses (for example, if you have lost your baggage and you have to buy other shirts and trousers)
Money is paid in cash here, at the time of delivery. You will sign a receipt indicating that you have received that amount.
If you contact Mr. Mike, you will be able to find out much more about settling of your travel expenses.

Cheers,
Claude

===

- A lot of Closed lad accounts & many Vcamera ; Whip ; Jack Boot ; Goat ; 4x The Church of the Old Gods ; 3x Sand Timer ; Golden Pith ; 35x Safari ; 🍰 ;
- My travel agency: Accra-Tamale; Akure-Kamba; Akure-Bohicon; Bamako-Siguiri; Banjul-Basse; Banjul-Dakar; Banjul-Karang; BeninCity-Lagos; BeninCity-Seme; Brikama-Basse; Brikama-Dakar; 2xBrikama-Karang; Brussels-Lausanne; Cotonou-Accra; Cotonou-Djougou; Idiroko-Aneho; 2xIdiroko-Cotonou; Idiroko-HillaCondji; Lagos-Abuja; Lagos-Bamako; Lagos-Bida; 7xLagos-Cotonou; Lagos-Lome; 2xLagos-Seme; Owerri-Abuja; Warri-Cotonou;
Bertje

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Please don't blame yourself, this is not all your fault.

Laughing

Send your calvary greetings | What is a mentor? | Get a mentor | Forum Rules

Safari x3 Vcamera Closed lad accounts Cellphone Mortar Whip Jack Boot Inventor
Golden Pith Lucky (w/Sparky, MrMystery & Birlic) Lagos-Togo, Lagos-Bamako, Bamako-Siguiri
sparky905
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The lad is insisting that Francis and Dr. John discuss his situation and come up with money. Francis, in his mild and polite manner, just sent the lad a gentle slap, taking quotes from the lad's most recent appeal.

Quote:
I will be discussing this matter with John later today, but must fit it around his medical practice appointments.
I would caution you about the blanket statements you make about the other recipients. The details are confidential but I can assure you that they are not sponsored, they both picked up extra work hours to pay for this. That is called initiative. You are not in a position to state
that is why they are not bothering you for money. You would be surprised to see what they have overcome.

You also wrote My case is different. Please help. Son, please do not presume to suggest such a thing. In the overall scheme of life, everyone's situation is different of course. But the other recipients have not appealed for money. The Niger gentleman is a particular case of determination as in addition to all his troubles, he is physically handicapped as well. So do not make assumptions about the others here please. Use this as a test of faith and determination.

If he keeps whining, the Guinea musician might be blind and deaf.

Dr John replies to the lad's urgent emails. I quote an excerpt below but it gives you an idea of the hollow but sincere assistance which is being offered.

Quote:
I am pleased that you are so enthused about the chicken farming and obviously are willing to work hard. Those are commendable qualities in any aspect of life. I have often remarked that studying to become a doctor is harder than being a doctor! The attainment of that goal is often the hardest work we ever do. There are challenges and obstacles in life and how we deal with them determines our future and defines our character. You have many positive character traits and I know determination is among them. I also know you will not let temporary obstacles like this matter define who you are. You are a bigger man than that.

MrMystery314
Djinn and Tonic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Things are going well behind the scenes. Our lad is going to have a fun time when he does travel.

"ALL THE SAME NOT AN UNGRATEFUL BITCH"-Mr. Humphere
"Bro i have seen hell"-Mr. Humphere
"Also i know how inquisitive all this press can be, i hope the picture of the goat fucking me is not on news or news paper"-Mr. Humphere
"GO TO HELL JUSTIN for having played with me all these while, what the fuck is wrong with you you are such as an asshole"-Charles J Colocino JR
"I will tell you I'm a computer illiterate I know more than you" - Eric Marshall
Hello! ~Kitty Wink
Bertje

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Send your calvary greetings | What is a mentor? | Get a mentor | Forum Rules

Safari x3 Vcamera Closed lad accounts Cellphone Mortar Whip Jack Boot Inventor
Golden Pith Lucky (w/Sparky, MrMystery & Birlic) Lagos-Togo, Lagos-Bamako, Bamako-Siguiri
sparky905
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Given the nature of our lad's new business, is it wrong to "count the chickens before they hatch" ? It looks like he is getting ready to travel!

Francis just rec'd this

Quote:
Dear sir,
I just want to inform you that Dr John have written to me.the Dr says he had discussions with you.
He wrote to encourage me and advised that all is well but I shouldn't let my emotions control me.that things will fall into place.
So,I have contacted the shipping firm informing them that I will try come for the package anytime next week..please pray for me.

Meanwhile,i hope I didn't troubled you by my letters?

Francis replied

Quote:
No sir, no trouble at all. The church has overextended this time, but all for a good cause. I think next time we will do two recipients at a time, not three, which frees up further resources. But that is what our journey in life is all about, learning and sharing our knowledge as we go.
As you can probably understand we get a lot of requests and it is difficult to know at times who to choose. Often we must say "no" to applicants, and it is difficult to say "no" without dashing their dreams. There are so many who are worthy and only finite resources at hand.

Please keep me updated.

Birlic
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Wednesday

One very promising message from our idiot to Claude:
Quote:
Dear Mr Claude,

I will be in Morocco sometimes next week.

I will keep you updated of my trip.

Thanks.

Lucky Gat***.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
===

07.45 - Claude to Lucky... it is exact the proper time for our new character - Mr. Qesha (local manager) - enter "the scene". Laughing
Quote:
Good morning Lucky,
This is a great news and I'm glad you've finally managed to find yourself 2-3 free days off to get your package.

You will be surprised by the legendary Moroccan hospitality and I am convinced that you will remain with memorable memories. No doubts here!
Our local manager there (Mr. Qesha Kauni) is a very friendly and courteous man from an old family of merchants. His beautiful wife (Karoona Layla) is part of the old Moroccan aristocracy, and the evening-parties organized by Qesha and Karoona, ohh Jesus Christ, are gorgeous events that everyone there in Casablanca expects them with great anxiety! You will see!

Please contact Mr. Qesha (qesha mail) and keep him informed of the exact dates of your trip. Be serious and polite, he does not like people who say something and do something else.
He will organize everything there and will send one of the company's drivers to meet you at the airport and take you to the hotel. Throughout your entire trip, you will have a companion from our company (as local guide / driver) and all of your expenses there will be settled directly.

If I can help with something, please let me know.
Cheers,
Claude

===

MrMystery314
Djinn and Tonic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'll let sparky post the message later if he wants, but the lad is complaining that he can't find enough funding to travel; the lad wrote in an unrelated bait to sparky that the fee dropped from $1000 to $375, making us think that's how much he needs. Fortunately for him, if he's willing to take a somewhat roundabout flight that stops in Istanbul for 12 hours, he should be within budget assuming he has $625. We will see how real his money troubles are over the next few days, especially as it's clear he wants the package very, very badly.

Mike sent a message to him yesterday reiterating the standard policies, but as it's kind of long and there's no new content there, I'll wait to post that and any other messages until there are new developments.

"Also i know how inquisitive all this press can be, i hope the picture of the goat fucking me is not on news or news paper"-Mr. Humphere
"GO TO HELL JUSTIN for having played with me all these while, what the fuck is wrong with you you are such as an asshole"-Charles J Colocino JR
"I will tell you I'm a computer illiterate I know more than you" - Eric Marshall
Hello! ~Kitty Wink
sparky905
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This is what the lad wrote to his sponsor, and from the high of yesterday to today it appears things are falling apart for him. Naturally, reclaiming the package is the worst option here. He would miss out on the festival in Morocco if we did that..........

Quote:
Dear Mr.Francis,
My wife and i have tried all possible means to raise money for the Morocco trip, know one wants to borrow us money.so,instead to delay and loose everything. Please can you get the shipping company send back the package to you( because you are the sender,perhaps this should be easy for you).

Recalling back is the best option.. When you have received it,you can then send it directly to Nigeria.

I'm sorry but I have tried everything I can

Francis replies with sincerity and little of substance.

Quote:
I am back from my doctor appointment, and may need a procedure on my heart. It's called angioplasty and is routine for the doctors but of course a major concern of mine! (just to let him know we all have problems...) So we are all facing issues of one sort or another.

Now, as for your troubles, I can see it is a great worry to you. I will have to speak to the committee of course and detail to them what you wish to have happen. I know them well enough to predict son, so I best prepare you for their likely reaction. In a word it will be "no". The shipping was "one way" and this will mean paying money we don't have to send it back to ourselves, a rather silly procedure. Then we must find more money we don't have to send it again to you. I can imagine what Mr. Parsons is going to say about that! (he is rather outspoken).
Another concern is that some may interpret this as being ungracious and not appreciative of all we are doing here. I know you well enough to know you don't intend that son, but, others will have that reaction. They might even feel you are not worthy. They will say the musician from Guinea and the artisan/craftsman from Niger are managing, what is the problem here? And if we do what you request, the other recipients will feel slighted and offended that we offer to you (who is receiving the most anyway) and not to them.
So you can see it is a dilemma here for all concerned. (In other words, I have larger concerns than yours......)
The good news is that we have time still to problem solve. Let us not call this a problem, let us call it an opportunity! I can speak to Rose on the committee. She has experience in the travel business and if anyone can find a way to get someone from point A to point B, it is her. She has traveled so much we call her "Ramblin' Rose".

I will keep working at this end as your advocate, but I know these people well. Keep at it from your end too.

Birlic
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ She has traveled so much we call her "Ramblin' Rose".

LOL!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

sparky905
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I might have to get him singing that in a video..........

Francis of course will advocate for him. As events unfold, he will be the lad's hero on the committee. His voice. His friend. Soon the lad will trust Francis so much (like our last chicken lad) he will not want to let him down.

The lad copied his appeal to Dr. John. He is tapping all sources here.

Birlic
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Something good can happen, if we have some luck and if we play our cards well. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Our dear lad wrote to Claude:
Quote:
Dear Mr Claude,

I am yet to contact Mr Qesha because I am still not sure of my arrival date in Casablanca, you said if I should contact him I have to be sure of the day I'll be in Casablanca.
so,I'm not sure but I am calculating it should be between Thursday and Saturday of next week.

Meanwhile I am trying to source money for this trip and everyone I turned to refused to lend me.
the only hope I have in getting money is my bank but they request to see evidence of the shipping receipt/manifest.. So,I don't know if you can help me send a copy.

Regards,

Lucky

Claude to him:
Quote:
Hi Lucky,

I am surprised that you have not received an electronic copy of the Invoice. No problem, I'm attaching it to this message.
Of course, you can contact the local manager (Mr. Qesha) when you get there in Casablanca, so there will be no any problems of mistaken appreciation of your arrival time. As far as I remember (I was only 2 times in Casablanca), our local warehouse is about 45 minutes away from Mohammed International Airport, and you will need exact address guidelines.

It is best to get there and get a good hotel (I do not recommend hotels under 4 stars because their services are very poor). After you take a shower and eat something (their food is extremely tasty and well appreciated), you can contact our colleague Qesha. You'll probably get into town in the evening, so delivery will be done the next morning. Qesha will take care of you, send a driver to take you from the hotel and then bring you back. Mr. Qesha will pay all your expenses in cash, so you should be able to make a realistic estimate of the amounts paid (if you have some receipts, send them immediately by mail). He will also pay for the hotel bill-note (accommodation, food and bar consumation) so you do not have to worry about it.

On Friday evening, Festive Dinner is held with the other two applicants (from Guinea and Niger) and, at that time (at midnight), the winner of the "free airplane tickets" will be awarded. I hope you can get there in a timely manner. One last point that I want to emphasize is that Sunday is a day off. So, keep this in mind when planning your trip.

Cheers,
Claude

sparky905
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This is too good not to share. I put in bold the fun parts.

Quote:
Sir,

Thank you for the mail.
I have today received copy of the shipment receipt from the courier company.
I am advised to book my flight and hotel ahead of the trip.. Well, I can sell my household properties to handle the hotel and taxi fee but the Flight ticket is an headache for me.
I still persist you can do something about the flight knowing fully well that I will send you back whatever you spent once i get reimbursement in Morocco.
If you are concern about the amount, you can book a one way trip flight ticket for me which is about $340.

There are airliners that fly's directly from Lagos,Nigeria to Casablanca, Morocco .namely: Turkish Airways, Emirates and Ethiopia airline.. You can Google their website and book with your credit card.

If my flight is confirmed I will be so happy and can make this trip without fear.

Yours sincerely,

Francis will wait a while to answer....as he is heading out the door for his fishing trip. He won't have time to book a flight and even if he did, he would have to make the same offer to all the "winners" of the Courtesy Packages. Since the lad is getting more than the others (who are paying their own way) it just seems so wrong to pay for the lad with the biggest pay out coming.

Birlic
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

17.00 - Our idiot writes to Claude:
Quote:
Sir,

Ok I have seen the receipt.
I will work on making the trip next week.
Meanwhile, I understand from Mr Mike that you will also be on ground to welcome us in Morocco?

Regards,
Lucky

===

17.20 - Claude to our moron:
Quote:
Hello Lucky,
Yeah, surely, we'll definitely meet if you get there next Thursday or Friday. I am a member of the Ticket Lottery organization committee; I told you about it, it is a "free airflight ticket" for one full year.
I hope we can talk more at the party organized by Qesha on Friday night.
Monday (July 01) I must be present in Cairo for at least 2 days, but I will definitely be back on Thursday afternoon.

Cheers,
Claude

===

MrMystery314
Djinn and Tonic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry for the massive wall of updates, but here goes:
Lad:
Quote:
Dear Mr. Mike Newberry,

My name is Lucky from Nigeria.. I have a parcel in your Path Logistics ware house/office in Casablanca, Morocco. The parcel number ID is: -The parcel was sent in by Mr Francis Crozier from Canada.

Your colleague Mr Claude Postumierre asked me to contact you regarding my coming to Morocco from Nigeria to pick up the package.

As you know,this parcel is supposed to reach me here in Nigeria but I understand that because of Licence clearances from Nigerian government,I will now have to spend my money to embark on a trip to your Morocco office just to claim this package.

I should be able to make this trip sometimes next week,but,i also understand that your company is ready to cater for my cost of transportation to Morocco, please I need clarification on this and also do please send your office/warehouse telephone numbers, address and direction from the airport.

Yours sincerely,

Lucky.

Me:
Quote:
Hi, Lucky.

I assume that Claude introduced me, but I'm Mike Newberry, one of the heads of Customer Care for North America. I'm involved in your case, even though it is an African delivery, because Mr. Crozier is from Canada; I think that's somewhat self-evident. So to address your points:

-Since I'm at one of the corporate offices in Los Angeles (in the USA), I'm somewhat separated from internal affairs of other branches. While I can explain general company policies, for instance reimbursement, I legally cannot guarantee that my information about local branches is accurate, which can include addresses and contact information; our computer databases have been overhauled over the last few months and there are some deficiencies in the system.

-Company policies state that for legal reasons, all communication must be via email to avoid legal responsibility for miscommunications, a "paper trail" if you will. I personally consider phone calls unprofessional for such important matters as valuable cargo, and when this policy was more relaxed in the past we have had miscommunications that have cost clients thousands of dollars. I hope you will be understanding of this policy. I apologize for the inconvenience. I know some of my colleagues reserve phone numbers for VIP clients, but I am not one of them. I will try to make myself as available as possible through email communication to overcome this gap, so please try to remain in frequent communication with me; I am somewhat of a workaholic and I check my emails outside of standard working hours too, so do not worry.

-Company reimbursement can be provided upon arrival at our shipping hub when you receive the package. This will require receipts of any expenses, including but not limited to plane flights, taxis, food, and hotels. If you would like your reimbursements in a currency other than USD or dirhams, please inform Mr. Postumierre in advance. We cannot provide any funds before your arrival, which I am aware is unfortunate, but given that you can spend freely with full reimbursement this should not be too much of an issue. If you are looking for ways to reduce your initial expenses, as customer care officer I can do my best to find cheap options.

-I believe the Casablanca office moved locations a few months ago, so I do not know if I have the current address on file; the address I have on file is near the shipping docks where the cargo ships come in, near the intersection of Rue de Peronne and Rue de Charleville. This is near the Jardin de Palestine, a local garden which I am sure all the taxi drivers will know. It is right off a major road, and it does not appear too hard to reach from the airport. Since our company has offices all over the world, we use English as a standard language for official communications, so you will have no issues finding English-speaking staff upon your arrival. I do not know if our Casablanca office has local drivers for the city, but we may be able to call you a taxi upon your arrival.

You say you are planning on arriving in Casablanca next week? Have you booked your flight and hotel yet? For the hotel, I would recommend you stay at the Four Seasons Casablanca; the Four Seasons delivers impeccable service all over the world. While it is expensive, as you will be fully reimbursed you can choose to pay on arrival at the hotel and simply acquire your reimbursement prior to checking in. When I receive confirmation of your arrival, as a sort of apology for the strenuous circumstances I will order a bottle of Dom Perignon Champagne for your room. For your flight, I understand direct flights are more expensive than more roundabout means of entry (for instance, using multiple airlines and transferring at a different airport); what I recommend is that you book your flight to Casablanca before your trip and your flight back upon arrival so that you have no issues that way.

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask. I am at your service.

Cheers!

Lad:
Quote:

Sir,
I Thank you for your email message. I had to read it thoroughly to make sure I fully understand everything regarding the reimbursement etc.

I'm working on making the trip next week maybe Thursday or Friday. I raising money for this journey so,hopefully I should meet up before next weekend.

You talked about helping me find a good hotel ..apart from the Four Seasons Hotel couldn't i get an hotel less cheaper and close to the airport?

And, who am I going to meet in Casablanca, is it you or Mr Claude Postumierre?

Lucky

Me:
Quote:
Dear Mr. Lucky,
Of course you could get a hotel cheaper in Casablanca, but given how I am sure this week has been stressful for you, and also given that all your expenses are being reimbursed, you might as well treat yourself a bit, right? The Four Seasons is also a lot closer to the company office, so you'll be able to do that very easily. If you do an online booking for the Four Seasons, there is an option to pay on arrival. You will need to give them your credit card info just so they have it as verification that you're committing to the booking, but they will not charge it. You will be able to get a receipt there that we can use for reimbursement, I assume. If you are really opposed to staying at the Four Seasons, Casablanca has numerous travel hotels, but I do not think you'll regret it.

I am sure next Thursday or Friday will work for the pickup. As long as you decide the details in advance the local office will be able to prepare for your arrival sufficiently. Please keep me posted, and don't forget to save those receipts!

I am in Los Angeles, California, so I will not be able to meet you in Morocco. You will meet Mr. Claude Postumierre. I wish I could come, but work is quite busy these days and I trust fully in my local staff.

Please do inquire further if you have questions. While you're in Casablanca, I would recommend you take a few hours to see the tourist attractions across the city, maybe buy a few souvenirs in the medina for your family, clothing for your wife and things like that. How long are you planning on staying in Morocco? I would recommend at least two nights. This can be flexible, of course. I recommend you buy your returning plane ticket while in Casablanca not only so you do not have to budget for it beforehand, but also so we can make sure you're taking first class home and your package is safe along with yourself.

Cheers!

Lad:
Quote:
Sir,
Thank you, it was so insightful and helpful to me.

Now,what you are saying is that once I entered Casablanca, I won't have to spend money taking taxi from the airport to my hotel?

And also,in your previous mail you said I should inform you on which currency I wish to be reimbursed. If you ask me i will say I wish to have the reimbursement in US Dollars but please can you please find out for me if the US dollars is much more valuable in that country? And does the reimbursement covers to and fro ticket..I say this because of having to make some small shoppings before I leave the country.

Don't be put away by my being particular about money,if i have money today i will fly today.but I am still trying to raise this money to buy my flight ticket.

I anticipate your reply.

Lucky

Me:
Quote:
Mr. Lucky,
As for the taxi, you should verify that with Claude or the local manager, but he should be able to arrange for a taxi to pick you up from the airport. The airport is pretty far from the rest of the city, and there is a lot of traffic, so it may take half an hour up to an hour (according to Google Maps) for the taxi to get to the airport, but you can walk around a bit, eat some food, and so on. Send Claude an email as soon as you get out of the airport and he will be able to call a taxi, but you will have to be a bit patient. No matter what we do, traffic is unavoidable. And yes, you do not have to pay for the taxi, although it would be polite to give a small tip, ideally in USD (just a dollar or two).

I believe that USD and euros are considered "valuable" in Morocco, as there are lots of tourists and it's seen as a prestigious currency. I am sure your hotel will take USD, but not all businesses will. Still, your hotel may have a currency exchange that's a better rate than on the street or at the airport. I would go with USD if I were you.

The reimbursement will cover the plane ticket to and from Morocco, and there will be an amount for "petty cash" that varies depending on the case, but given your special circumstances it should be generous. I would not worry about any expenses you have in Morocco as long as what you're buying is legal and you keep the receipts. Morocco is famous for its hashish (marijuana), for instance, but since that's illegal we cannot reimburse you for that. Still, if you're buying gifts for your friends or family, as long as it isn't ridiculously expensive I am sure we can cover it. I know that this trip is somewhat unplanned and an inconvenience for you, so I want to make sure it feels like a vacation. Do not worry about bringing large sums of cash with you, as airport officials may ask for bribes (they're called baksheesh in Arabic, so if people pester you just say "no baksheesh"), and it could raise questions with customs officials that would cause unnecessary delays. The taxi will be paid for, so bring maybe $20 USD for anything you want to buy at the airport (headphones, pillows, food, maps, and so on) and leave the rest to us.

I would recommend you do some research on what souvenirs you would want to bring from Morocco to your friends and family, as I do not know what they like. Maybe also look at tourist attractions, like I suggested, or even if there are any sights in other cities in Morocco you would want to see. I am sure Claude and the local manager would love to give you specific recommendations. I know Claude isn't originally from Morocco (maybe France or Belgium? You can ask him at some point), but the local manager under him will be.

I am at your service if you have any more questions. I would advise you not to stress too much and focus on getting ready for your travels as soon as possible; even if you are leaving next week or this weekend, planning things out early is better. I want this to be a trip you will remember, and I don't want you to have to deal with any unexpected surprises.

Cheers!

Things are looking promising.

Hello! ~Kitty Wink
Birlic
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Excellent!

My plan:
- Monday morning, Claude leaves for Cairo for two days... of course, something bad will happen and he'll be forced to stay there for the whole week. Claude is out of the game for a few days!
- The idiot will be obliged to talk with our local manager, Mr. Qesha... Muslim, seriously, a trusted man.
- It does not really matter the day (or hour) that Lucky will get to Casablanca, because the plan is the same: Qesha will be gone somewhere outside the city, at his "summer" residence and proposes that the delivery be made the next morning. Of course, Lucky needs to stay at a hotel and sleep in Casablanca one night.
- The next day, everything will be just "silence"... Qesha does not respond to any messages. Late in the afternoon, Claude will tell that a tragedy happened at home of Qesha. His lovely wife died in sleep (heart attack). A real tragedy!
- Moroccan tradition imposes for a 7-day mourning period, during which the husband does not eat, do not talk to anyone, do nothing. He only prays to Allah for the soul of his deceased wife.
- Under these circumstances, Claude promises he will come to Casablanca as soon as possible to solve the parcel issues. Lucky must have patience and wait. He can visit the city and buy souvenirs.
- Unfortunately, exactly at Cairo airport a thief stole the briefcase (papers and money) so Claude remains stuck in Egypt. He needs to make another new passport, and this takes a few days.
- The other two applicants came Tuesday or Wednesday (before our idiot arrives there), so they have already taken their parcels... when the tragedy happens with Qesha's wife, the two men (the musician and the sculptor) will simply go home. Lucky is the only one who has not picked up his package.
- Finally, Claude arranges for one of the local drivers to take the parcel and meet with Lucky. You already know what's going on.

I think we can keep our idiot in Casablanca for at least a week!
What do you think?
===

sparky905
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Francis is ready for a fishing trip, which is really a cover story for my own fishing trip. Nevertheless, he had time to reply to the lad who wanted Francis to buy tickets on his credit card.

Quote:
It is good to read you are making progress and that people are helping. That is what being a community is all about. Our community is not just you, it is all of us, including the other people we are helping in Guinea and Niger. Together, we are all a powerful force for good in what is at times, a pretty bleak world.
As for helping son, I must explain. Recently I told you that you were getting a larger award to assist with start up costs. This could only come at the expense of taking small amounts away from the other candidates. So now, you receive more than anyone, and want more money on top of that! The optics on that are not good. To do this personally goes against the spirit of our committee too. How do I explain to the other recipients that not only do you deserve more than they do, but that you get special treatment for travel? You don't want others calling you selfish do you? Such things breed resentment and that is not healthy for the soul. I know deep down you are not that kind of person. You are bigger than this.

I am packed and ready to leave on my trip as it is a long drive north. I will try to get online with the spotty internet and continue to help as I always have. If I cannot, I am looking forward to hearing of the great things you are doing!

If the lad is counting on his courtesy package to get him home, his holidays in Morocco might be extended considerably.

MrMystery314
Djinn and Tonic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Why is he telling Francis about having to pay for the hotel when we've made it clear he doesn't need any down payment? We don't need to fact-check him on that, especially as all his avenues for funding are being cut off. It's Casablanca or bust, and at least when talking with the shipping characters he seems pretty understanding of what he has to do. I hope he buys my explanations as to why he shouldn't bring large sums of cash; fear of customs officials could encourage him to pack frugally.

Hello! ~Kitty Wink
sparky905
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This lad wants the Courtesy Package as he has given up scamming. Except that he has not. In the parallel bait I'm running, he is pressing for money. It started out as $1050, dropped to $375, and just now he sent this.

if you have between $100-$150 right now,please send it

I like to think his own fundraising is getting closer to his goals so he can afford to drop the price by almost 90%.

I think he is just trying to fundraise from Francis and anyone else who he thinks will help. If he has to lie, oh well.........

Just for fun I checked Dr. John's email. The lad is hitting him up for air fare and his credit card. I am pasting an excerpt below.

Quote:
Also,in your previous mail you mentioned that it would be unfair to help me make this trip and not helping the other two applicants,well you should know that all fingers are not equal. The other two applicants might be in a better position than me.and you are not the person who recommended them to your Church. So, they might get fundings from whomever has recommended them to your church.I am sure you are not the one.because you only recommended me.

Dr. John replied

Quote:
Son, I am not privy to all the details of the Committee but I am very much aware the other applicants have not been begging and asking for funds. One of them is handicapped and has found working extra hours has helped him. The situation of all three of you is about equal from what I know, and in one case much worse. They do have that one quality I admire, initiative. They are working hard to get themselves there son. If the other applicants found out that you had your way paid, you would be ostracized by them. You would feel their wrath at what should be a joyful time for you. I cannot be responsible for putting you into that position of being ridiculed and hated by your peers. Francis also hinted that you are receiving a bit extra in your package? From what I am reading now, perhaps his generousity was misplaced.

Son, I have to be fair to all concerned and what you are asking of me is to be partisan here, and to discriminate against the other two. Is preferential treatment truly something you want associated with your name?

MrMystery314
Djinn and Tonic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I may have mentioned this before, and I don't want to put any pressure on anyone here, myself included, but after a quick search of the forum I was unable to find any listed safari to Morocco. So, if we can pull this off, we will technically have made Eater history as the first Morocco safari. That is, unless someone wants to race us.

That would be a fun idea: safari/trophy races. Split the forum into a few teams, perhaps based off when they joined the forum, and see who can accomplish the most out of a list of goals with fresh lads (who were not baited by them before the start of the contest). The time span would have to be somewhat long, probably a few months, but if there's enough forum support for it I think it would be fun. Splitting the teams based off the month of joining (January-March, April-June, July-September, October-December) would probably be most equal. This would require a critical mass of baiters I'm guessing, probably at least 5-10 per team.

Hello! ~Kitty Wink
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic